Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

☆Let's be honest Warframe is alot more fun solo outside of farming☆

(PSN)Mofojokers

Warframe solo verse group play and the discussion of a mindset.

This discussion came up while farming some Steel Path (bugger you Steel Essences). I randomly met some lads while on one of my nodes and decided to stay with them for our goals. Honestly just found myself bored. I mean i clear nodes fast but with four of us we were flying from one to the other at godly speeds.

While enemies just exploded around us in a stew gore. So we chatted about the mindset of each other and how we see Warframe.

I always thought Warframe works best with the mindset of it's a solo god game, with the option of multiplayer (not that it's ever needed and the illusion of an online world.

While one of the lads considered it akin to World of Warcraft where group play is king while solo and pugging are options to do.

Insanely curious how do you reading this see Warframe. Even after all these years the branching opinions are intresting.

TLDR : Are you more a multiplayer person or solo person mindset for Warframe?.

Personally solo or group play with my brother and believe going into Warframe with the thought of Multiplayer play like WoW only serves to hurt your opinion of Warframe. Multiplayer serving mainly as a bullet jump sim.

Honestly i believe the Devs could actually benifit from the feedback of this. To truly understand how people see their game and their mindsets.

Edit: It also brings up the discussion of how in god do you make multiplayer fun with four demi gods?.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Depends.

If it's story/lore related missions, I'm going solo because I don't want some rando rushing to the mission extraction at light speed and ruining my experience.

If it's anything else, I'll likely go co-op because why the hell not. Heck, if it's Lua Spy for sorties, I'll just let the others do the spying while I sit outside and keep enemies away or provide buffs because I hate spy.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Depends.

If it's story/lore related missions, I'm going solo because I don't want some rando rushing to the mission extraction at light speed and ruining my experience.

If it's anything else, I'll likely go co-op because why the hell not. Heck, if it's Lua Spy for sorties, I'll just let the others do the spying while I sit outside and keep enemies away or provide buffs because I hate spy.

Or they bugger it up lol, esp Lua Spy people bugger it up alot.

I mostly play with my brother or solo, but I do hop into other groups from time to time to render assistance or speed through a mission I don't feel like doing by myself.

Playing solo or with a like-minded individual lets you play at your own pace, and public is often bullet jump simulator.

There are interesting individuals to meet in open play, for sure; but solo or with one good friend is a really good experience.

Just now, Knight3169 said:

I mostly play with my brother or solo, but I do hop into other groups from time to time to render assistance or speed through a mission I don't feel like doing by myself.

Playing solo or with a like-minded individual lets you play at your own pace, and public is often bullet jump simulator.

There are interesting individuals to meet in open play, for sure, but solo or with one good friend is a really good experience.

I should've added that i do enjoy playing with my brother if i am not going solo. As we go at a nice speed. Also yes i find Multiplayer just bullet jump sim lol.

I solo almost everything because I prefer to play my way at my pace, or I’m playing with my friend when she’s online. The only time I play with random groups is when something is just way too hard to do by myself (which hasn’t been the case in quite a while), or if it has the potential to lessen a particularly painful grind (liches).

I definitely don’t think the game is designed to be a solo game though, and DE has struggled in the past to make some content solo-friendly.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Are you more a multiplayer person or solo person mindset for Warframe?.

Heh, solo only for me please!

I used to play a lot of Co-op for the farms that became faster with other players (Tridolons, Relic cracking, Lich Murmurs, etc..) but over the last year I've moved on to solo play. What killed Co-op for me was the Kuva Bramma. When that weapon came out, every single mission I tried to play in public had explosions going off around me all the time. It was so incredibly frustrating. I couldn't see anything, and certainly couldn't kill any enemies since they were already obliterated by the explosions. 

In the end, I decided a longer farm was preferable if it meant that I actually got to play the game. Solo since last October, and never looked back :)

I'm definitely kind of a minimalist. I think of Team Ico's concept of 'design by subtraction.' When things get too bloated or overpowered or screen-scramblingly incomprehensible, I like to drop back and enjoy simple things, like a crisp melee combo mix-up, an Operator-only mission, or a tryhard stealth run. That's hard to do when your squadmates are flying through the level Kuva Bramma-ing the snot out of everything without even watching where they're going.

I think in a lot of ways, DE wants a more subdued experience. They keep releasing weapons and mods with precision single-target gimmicks. They redesigned the whole melee combat system to challenge you to juggle enemies DMC-style, but then missions are too much of a mosh pit to actually pull it off. They've power-crept themselves into a corner, and that creates an environment where multiplayer is a spamfest instead of four-player Devil May Cry. Even by the standards of horde shooters, the way that enemies blur together into a wall of spam feels less like Serious Sam and more like a Mario Maker troll level.

TL;DR I'd enjoy the multiplayer more if it didn't devolve into a wall of particle effects and people had to actually think about what they're doing, but as-is I can only get that experience solo

21 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Depends.

Lua won’t spawn as spy for sorties.

10 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

"Removed Lua Spy missions from Sortie rotation due to extensive Client loading times on min spec machines. Please note that we are working to fix this and add Lua Spy missions back into the Sortie rotation."

Not gonna lie this is a dumb reason to remove it, don't even remember seeing Lua spy in sorties so still not fixed I guess

30 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Heh, solo only for me please!

I used to play a lot of Co-op for the farms that became faster with other players (Tridolons, Relic cracking, Lich Murmurs, etc..) but over the last year I've moved on to solo play. What killed Co-op for me was the Kuva Bramma. When that weapon came out, every single mission I tried to play in public had explosions going off around me all the time. It was so incredibly frustrating. I couldn't see anything, and certainly couldn't kill any enemies since they were already obliterated by the explosions. 

In the end, I decided a longer farm was preferable if it meant that I actually got to play the game. Solo since last October, and never looked back :)

This actually highlights an issue in Warframe. That is why i don't like to see people having a *wow* style mindset. All it will do is upset them when they see things like this lol.

I'm forced into playing this game solo or mission-specific pub groups due to the archaic, uncompromisingly poor trading system. As one of the top traders for my platform in both warframe.market and riven.market, playing in any dedicated group means I constantly have to leave to address trade requests before and after far too many missions. I'm not the type of person that likes to have others waste time waiting on them all the time, so I've adopted the mindset that in my case this is simply a game that cannot be played with sustained premade groups (i.e. friends).

really hope something changes so that I can address trade requests without having to constantly break up parties and finally be able to play the game where it shines brightest.

32 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I'm forced into playing this game solo or mission-specific pub groups due to the archaic, uncompromisingly poor trading system. As one of the top traders for my platform in both warframe.market and riven.market, playing in any dedicated group means I constantly have to leave to address trade requests before and after far too many missions. I'm not the type of person that likes to have others waste time waiting on them all the time, so I've adopted the mindset that in my case this is simply a game that cannot be played with sustained premade groups (i.e. friends).

really hope something changes so that I can address trade requests without having to constantly break up parties and finally be able to play the game where it shines brightest.

It's almost like other games used some kind of system to fix this issue almost 16 odd years ago. I think it was called ebay house?, auction hall?. Something crazy like that.

I believe i remember this idea been asked for almost weekly for five odd years, i wonder why that is?. O we have third party sites doing that o really?. Do they require the person to be online at the given time and free 24-7 so not actually playing the game?. Hmmmm seems abit odd to me lol.

But but it can't be balanced blah blah friggen blah....

Hmm man i wonder how all those other pesky games did it... it's almost like set rules to a properly setup system works very well.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Warframe solo verse group play and the discussion of a mindset.

This discussion came up while farming some Steel Path (bugger you Steel Essences). I randomly met some lads while on one of my nodes and decided to stay with them for our goals. Honestly just found myself bored. I mean i clear nodes fast but with four of us we were flying from one to the other at godly speeds.

While enemies just exploded around us in a stew gore. So we chatted about the mindset of each other and how we see Warframe.

I always thought Warframe works best with the mindset of it's a solo god game, with the option of multiplayer (not that it's ever needed and the illusion of an online world.

While one of the lads considered it akin to World of Warcraft where group play is king while solo and pugging are options to do.

Insanely curious how do you reading this see Warframe. Even after all these years the branching opinions are intresting.

Personally solo or group play with my brother and believe going into Warframe with the thought of Multiplayer play like WoW only serves to hurt your opinion of Warframe. Multiplayer serving mainly as a bullet jump sim.

Edit: It also brings up the discussion of how in god do you make multiplayer fun with four demi gods?.

solo player too mostly, because i don't enjoy public mission, it's better to do mission on my pace, even i do solo railjack mostly.

I love multy and only because of randoms.
I had a couple of premade squads but then everything is pretty boring because more or less the people know what they are doing.
With randoms you can never know what you will get and how it will affect gameplay.Yes, you can get the occasional "perfect" ramdom squad but then the game becomes very very boring, as you said.
For example I did an arbie yesterday with some randoms and it was going so good(speedva, hildryn, two vaubans) that I dozed off and died after the 40 wave.
It's always better with randoms especially on survivals.
I don't know who would prefer a perfect solo mission that he is prepared for instead of the chaos of a random squad.

tl;dr solo is not fun in wf 

I'm more solo because I have a random playstyle, like wanting to stop or start something whenever I want. But I think online games are best played with premades that communicate.

One of the problems is lack of planning or preparation in group play. This applies to many online games, and is why actual premades/clans/friends etc are better for them. Casuals and pugs never reach a games full potential so they say it sucks or get stressed cause everything is "hard".

Me, I almost exclusively play co-op games, where the players are the characters and what they do is the story, in video games.

If you want a good story, you read a book.

A fun video game is 80% combat mechanics and 20% atmosphere. The controls need to be responsive, slick and intuitive but you need to tie it into a badass sound effect and satisfying animation. Powered by manual ability.

It has to be me swinging the sword, manually, aiming it and timing it. Console quick time events with autoaim and 32 hit combo for hitting x, is a game killer.

I look at those games and laugh, what, are they made for disabled people that can't aim on their own (which actually is a relevant issue) and who came up with the idea of having less agency in a video game? Influence and customization and creativity.

Again going back to the player is the center piece.

Which is the exact reason, why stories in video games are almost always meaningless, because I have no influence on them, and they have no influence on the game.

"What does it matter", if you never watched a single cutscene or read a line of text. If it doesn't effect gameplay, it doesn't exist.

Along the same lines, if warframe wasn't co-op I don't think I would ever have played it. In a singleplayer game I am just looking at npc AI pattern and pixels.

AI is generally extremely weak and predictable, which is no challenge and it's repetitive. I end up mocking singleplayer games by breaking the design.

Playing with other people, very few maps feel the same, even when you run into "that guy" who in himself is a giant cliche, it's always different.

I believe there is some type of higher connection between improvising, imagination and games and fun.

When you play by a set standard, memory and repetition you aren't fully engaged. It bores the brain, it's the opposite of play.

But if you have to process something on the fly it takes you into it fully.

The same thing applies to powercreep in warframe, playing with 4 people that could solo it easy, by themselves. It's boring because it's predictable and the brain doesn't need to process it.

I had a map yesterday in railjack, my first day of flying my own ship, where everything went wrong, I had to get carried and I explained the situation to the team and apologized. But they actually said they had fun.

For the simple fact they now had to improvise and problem solve creatively and there was no telling what was going to happen, that's fun.

So I feel, you aren't interfacing with the game directly, you don't think you are in space or there is a monster in font of you, you know you are playing a video game that then presents a problem you have to play with, which is the real game. If that makes sense.

For example people trying to avoid grinds or seeking out exploits, people who dedicate themselves to dps or some other thing, they are playing warframe, but they aren't playing warframe.

Not that I am suggesting we shouldn't have lore and cutscenes, it would feel weird without them, and I know some people do get into that too, even if it isn't interactive.

Powercreep has downsides to it but is mandatory. If you don't feel progression then again, what is the point.

You should definately be allowed to work yourself up to god status, so you can look back at the abyss and what you accomplished.

It's the developer's responsibility to add balance and challenge on all tiers of difficulty.

Personally I feel there should be crazy difficulty at the top tier, you should need all roles, healing, controlling etc in co-ordination to clear it.

At the same time, a lot of frames are hybrid and the work has to be matched by the rewards. Do that, then you got the problem of alienating people from certain rewards they can't get to.

Then you could say people earned those rewards and should be allowed to have something special for it.

I wouldn't say I have a clear take on it, there are too many variables to consider and different player types. I guess if I were a developer I'd have to look at the player metrics, how large a portion are casual, how many are hardcore.

If you cater to the casual or the hardcore you still stepping on someone so I don't know. I'd have to go into deep reflection for a few days to try to help both parties.

8 hours ago, BDMblue said:

8 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

"Removed Lua Spy missions from Sortie rotation due to extensive Client loading times on min spec machines. Please note that we are working to fix this and add Lua Spy missions back into the Sortie rotation."

Goes to show how much I hate Lua Spy, I don't even notice it getting yeeted out of the game.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Considering I'm free of host migration, lag, bad ping, bugs and losing connection to lobbies when playing solo, I agree. 

DE doesn't make it easy though because you fight less enemies when solo outside of steel path and it makes basically everything super boring.

But considering I had less than a handful of bugs in Deimos, I'll continue to play solo 

I gotta say it's exactly why i hate Cetus bounties. If you go solo good chance you will end up with defend x point and not even get enough enemies to spawn to not fail the bounty lol.

Archived