Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage numbers

CraginPrime

41 minutes ago, cragin said:

Up vote this so de might add , too dammage nubers so we get 1,000 instead of this 1000

Yes please that american dot need to go... It just causing issues to rest of world if they doesnt use those odd dots on their numbers.

For example europe doesnt use that way their dots if they showing some items prices.

Example

If i making 2,500 damage.  How much that is in europe and then how much it is in america?

They are actual different numbers in different places.

europeans  give us only 2,5 damage, but american want to use 2500 damage if it seeing such number.

Why we need to use dot to tell 2,500 damage if 2500 is enough. Lol that logik

it's far more practical to just have blank space instead of using a Comma or a Period. just use neither.

though also i don't know about the entire world but i grew up with the custom that 4 Digit numbers don't need a separator, but 5+ Digits do.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Erkwounder said:

that american dot need to go

Hm, is a video game forum really the right spot to go off (topic) on a tangent about something like that? :P

But again, options = yay, there could be a variety of ways to choose between for displaying damage numbers,
including removing the last 3 (or 6) digits and replacing it with K (or M), if the number goes that high.

Lastly, I'd like the ability customize the size / duration / general visual style of damage number popups.

Like, maybe I want something a bit more ... let's say visually distinct, similar to Borderlands style damage number fountains:

Spoiler

Compared to that, Warframe is a lot more subdued / has numbers (maybe too) easily blending together:

Spoiler

... which isn't really a huge problem or anything, but hey, more visual customization, gimme gimme gimme :D

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erkwounder said:

It just causing issues to rest of world if they doesnt use those odd dots on their numbers.

The majority of English speaking countries use a comma in large numbers, it's continental Europe that uses a decimal point. I think that means it's you guys causing issues for the rest of the world. :wink:

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

though also i don't know about the entire world but i grew up with the custom that 4 Digit numbers don't need a separator, but 5+ Digits do.

During education here it's a comma after every third digit, thus starting with 4+.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erkwounder said:

Yes please that american dot need to go... It just causing issues to rest of world if they doesnt use those odd dots on their numbers.

For example europe doesnt use that way their dots if they showing some items prices.

Europe doesnt use dots nor commas at all for any value past the decimal point. 2500 is correct, not 2,500 which is just 2.5 but with the less common yet equally valid decimal separator (and its only less common since programming languages use dot). Space (and underline technically since the 90s due to coding) is the IOS and EU official separator per 3 digits. And was so for the last 6~ish decades officially since issues with confusing . vs ⋅ became almost non-existent with increase in technical literacy (well more so that both are used by how one fancies since almost noone will get confused if its in any functional context, while using any sign other than _ is likely to confuse where a integer separates from the fractional part of a number, both on official documentation and common use).

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

During education here it's a comma after every third digit, thus starting with 4+.

yes... but i grew up with the exception that it was optional for 4 digit numbers, but once you have atleast 5 digits then using separators was necessary.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

yes... but i grew up with the exception that it was optional for 4 digit numbers, but once you have atleast 5 digits then using separators was necessary.

Also, officially, comas must be used. I work in accounting, and you will never see a financial statements the numbers with more than 3 digits not having comas. This is not a US or outside of US thing. This is universal.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2020-10-20 at 8:00 PM, DeMonkey said:

The majority of English speaking countries use a comma in large numbers, it's continental Europe that uses a decimal point. I think that means it's you guys causing issues for the rest of the world. :wink:

What would a monkey know... 😛

edit: nvm someone nekro'd this lol

Yup, not a fan of the comma to thousands. (ie 1,000 instead of 1000)

Not used to it, I grew up learning numbers without the comma, it's not a thing in Canada where DE is based, and a lot of cultures don't group digits in threes.

Please revert or provide toggle.

Finally noticed it. And it has localization too that's great! No comma's! Now if only they applied localization to everything else in the game we're good. So I don't have to see those silly comma's for digit grouping for affinity and credits either.

Archived