Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe can learn from Destiny 2

Nailclipper

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I mean don't listen to the 0.0001% of the playerbase that wanted a "hard mode". Players want to mow stuff down and get stronger and mow stronger stuff down.

I'm one of your supposed ten-thousandth of players who wanted Steel Path, and I'd actually much rather be mowing stronger stuff down in WF than fumbling through something "hard" like Dark Souls. Steel Path gives me stronger stuff to mow down. Seal clubbing is not my power fantasy. Trivial enemies do not make me feel powerful. My gear and build choices do not matter on normal mode anymore. Sorties, Arbys, ESO are dead trivial content for me, and I could care less about endurance style gameplay. Steel Path is a welcome addition and the salt is unwarranted. I'm also of the mind that WF enemy AI is totally fine for a horde shooter, I don't want thousands of Grineer to be using Teamwork! against me (pet AI should be deleted though and replaced with literally nothing, just make them sentinels).

This topic again.  I quit D2 a while ago.  Can always tell the honeymoon phase of the posters and the people that follow.  Just go to bungie.net and click on forums.  Go read how the people that been playing feel.  Also the "respect your time" argument is laughable.  Go look up what sunsetting is and the grinds for the events.  They also don't waste content, they just delete it and alot of it was paid for (go look at what is being deleted).  I loved D1 and D2 was ok at first but now it's just a dumpster fire most of you would've never played when it was a paid game.  Also I almost forgot, the pvp lol.  Just go read the forums.

Warcrame has difficulty.....why else would I constantly be reviving people in arbitrations?

Why are some people so afraid to fight Orb Vallis Corpus? 

Why were people asking for Deimos enemies to be nerfed as soon as the content dropped?

Also: Warframe is better than Destiny. I played Halo....its over...just give it up lolol.

25 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Why people not compare Warframe with Anthem? Oh because Anthem took things from both Destiny and Warframe and tried to combine it. What do we get? You all can see it. It was epic fail

Gameplay wise I had fun with Anthem. The title simply needed more content. It was rushed and never got the proper development required to be a more flushed out experience. I stand by the sentiment that Anthem had potential, it just never got to actualize it. 

6 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

Most bosses are just big bullet sponges though, at least that's what I've come across so far. Oh and apparently Bungie doesn't shy away from making really tough missions like Zero Hour or Whisper of the Worm (I gave up because they are too damn hard).

Oh Whisper and Zero Hour, a way to make artificially increase the difficulty of the Game. They wouldn’t be as hard as Master Nightfall:The Ordeal UnderLeveled. Champions, Match Game, slower Health Regen if you run away from your Squad, enemies hitting like trucks (possibly one shotting you), beefy health, Equipment locked, No Radar, etc. Something that extreme makes Teamplay more important to complete. I only see Whisper and Zero Hour being “difficult” is the Timer, and Destiny 2’s Physics with Parkour. For the Bosses, besides Master Nightfalls or higher, Bosses can drop like a fly. It’s possible to one phase different Bosses too in Destiny 2. 

6 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

I only see Whisper and Zero Hour being “difficult” is the Timer, and Destiny 2’s Physics with Parkour.

Exactly, also because I need to complete them solo. And apparently my Warlock is the worst class for the jumping puzzles which I hate.

18 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

Exactly, also because I need to complete them solo. And apparently my Warlock is the worst class for the jumping puzzles which I hate.

From someone who plays Warlock mainly, she’s better for the fighting part than Parkour. Outside of Top Tree Dawnblade, she got nothing else for Parkour compare to like a Hunter or Titan Solo or not.

I disagree completely with "scaling content", and it's the main reason why I just can't bring myself to play destiny 2 anymore. What is the point of working so hard to increasse your power level, getting mods and boosting your gear to it's max capabilities. if you're simply being scaled to the appropriate content? It's just ridiculous.

Lets say a dungeon has a minimum power level of 1000. If you're below that power level, you'll have trouble clearing it. If you're at level 1000 or above level 1000, it won't matter, you'll be as good as you can be, which is "doable". You'll never be like the destiny player from the trailers, you'll never be able to go around destroying hordes after hordes because you're always scaled to the content.

Including scaled content in warframe would kill the game for sure. Suddenly you're no longer one-shotting enemies with your top-endgame build, and level 10 enemies take as long to kill as level 100 enemies. It's infuriating, and I am glad DE didn't go this route.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (XB1)C11H22O11:

It's always destiny with the comparisons, why not plants vs zombies bring some fresh comparisons

Of course it's always the most popular game in the same genre. What else would it be? Some random mobile game? That would be daft.

37 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

I disagree completely with "scaling content", and it's the main reason why I just can't bring myself to play destiny 2 anymore. What is the point of working so hard to increasse your power level, getting mods and boosting your gear to it's max capabilities. if you're simply being scaled to the appropriate content? It's just ridiculous.

Lets say a dungeon has a minimum power level of 1000. If you're below that power level, you'll have trouble clearing it. If you're at level 1000 or above level 1000, it won't matter, you'll be as good as you can be, which is "doable". You'll never be like the destiny player from the trailers, you'll never be able to go around destroying hordes after hordes because you're always scaled to the content.

Including scaled content in warframe would kill the game for sure. Suddenly you're no longer one-shotting enemies with your top-endgame build, and level 10 enemies take as long to kill as level 100 enemies. It's infuriating, and I am glad DE didn't go this route.

I understand this concern. In power/level scaling system you do get stronger as you level up not by getting more raw damage but by the way of getting more options, e.g. more weapon types to tailor to the enemies you are currently facing, more armor types, more skills, more spells, etc. 

The average power gain (measured in time-to-kill, for example) is indeed usually small, but you can do more and more interesting stuff as you gain more skills and equipment. 

Played Destiny during whatever seasonal summer event they had.

Got to 1060 from the event gear, which somehow was the current season cap...

I give Destiny 3 points - pvp, raids and servers.

Nothing else of that game I'd like to see in WF.

For heaven's sake, the new player experience there was the worst mess in gaming I've encountered. I didn't know what I did, or why I did it and that's saying a lot considering WF's. All I did was click Icons on the map and follow the markers.

Didn't realise I can switch spec way until I had my gear collected, I didn't know why some activities I cant participate in, am I too low or do I have to buy something and don't ask me when I found out gear's upgradeable.

The way their challenges are presented- an icon, a number, go do it... ok game, step 1, spend 15 min googling my objective. 

The class (if we can call it that) differences are mediocre at best, I'd compare all 3 in diversity to a slow/fast/portal Nova.

After you've unlocked all your abilities gameplay never actually changes, since everything scales with you or you're underleveled in which case you dont deal damage. Also, weapon variety doesn't exist, excluding maybe some special weapons, but good luck finding ammo for these.

Lasy but not least, sunsetting.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Ver1dian:

Didn't realise I can switch spec way until I had my gear collected, I didn't know why some activities I cant participate in, am I too low or do I have to buy something and don't ask me when I found out gear's upgradeable.

You never bothered to click things on your character screen or mouse-overed an item in your inventory? Sure. Here's another pro tip: To defeat the enemy, shoot at them until they die.

9 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

My gear and build choices do not matter on normal mode anymore. Sorties, Arbys, ESO are dead trivial content for me, and I could care less about endurance style gameplay. Steel Path is a welcome addition and the salt is unwarranted.

I don't know what's funnier, that you bignote trivializing sorties, eso, arbi etc or that you think Steel Path is a good challenge.

14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I don't know what's funnier, that you bignote trivializing sorties, eso, arbi etc or that you think Steel Path is a good challenge.

Steel Path isn't "hard" but it at least spawns enemies that feel non-trivial to a geared late game player. Those other game modes do not. If Sorties and Arbys still feel somewhat challenging to you, appreciate that and enjoy it while it lasts. Soon, you too will be too strong. I hope we get Steel Path versions someday. Of course it would still be easily cheesed. Degenerate frames and weapons are still degenerate. It's at least fun to build creatively on Steel Path.

Archived