Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Bonewidow is melee focusing mecha, why dont make her can use other Archmelee??

Salvator_Dracerta

As Voidrig is range/all-round mecha, he does not have any melee "weapon" at all but compatible with modern Archguns. And DE say Bonewidow will be a new Necramech focus on melee and shield, I expected Bonewidow to use only her own grenade launcher and be compatible with modern Archmelee apart from her own.

But what I see from this seems more like otherwise, she can equip any Archgun like Voidrig, but for melee, she can use only her own (as an excalted) making her still be a gunbot like Voidrig.

Not to mention that Archmelees are relatively crap and rarely seen or used now compare to Archguns, even after they have already fixed the auto-target bug.

BFGs are fun, yeah. But BFSs needs some love too. And isn't the melee focusing mecha a good place to use them?

Because that would be good, and...sometimes it seems the dev team get a sort of collective fear of something being genuinely powerful and useful so they have a cool concept and great model and even some awesome animations, but the mechanics just aren't there. They're afraid to let it be good for some reason. Then sometimes they make something spectacular, and it's like a coin flip as to which we get.

Well they either give the mech ranged weapons and with that you have an actual useful tool. Or they make it melee focused and no one will care.

Anyways Bonewidow has an archmelee so I have no idea what you're on about with that. Obviously making it's 4th ability into something that needs a separate weapon is a no go. Because than picking the weapon would change the effectiveness of the ability which is not good, or it doesn't change anything and then why bother even.

With a warframe you can easily get away with an exalted melee since they move faster and they are harder to hit. And they can reflect bullets. But mechs are slow and big and they can't reflect bullets either so of course they choose to give this one it's own dedicated archmelee.

• 1 month later...

Dev Progression:  Archguns in normal maps 12-2018 > Necramechs / Mechs can use Archguns 8-2020 > Arch Melee in normal maps = 2-2022 > Arch Melee for Mechs = 10-2023

(if they released all of this at one time they wouldn't have anything to release later and call it a thing -- and they want to ease the players into the bugs that are introduced not dump a massive amount of bugs that enver get fixed on players at one time -- then they'd actually have to fix this broken game)

On 2020-11-15 at 9:05 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

Because that would be good, and...sometimes it seems the dev team get a sort of collective fear of something being genuinely powerful and useful so they have a cool concept and great model and even some awesome animations, but the mechanics just aren't there. They're afraid to let it be good for some reason. Then sometimes they make something spectacular, and it's like a coin flip as to which we get.

At what point should DE just stop pretending and transplant EVERYTHING Warframes can do into a bigger weapon system so that the ONLY reason to level Warframes is for Railjack because Necramechs don’t fit...or do they?

THAT would show the community how necessary Railjack is!

I know I’m throwing hyperbole here, but is no one else concerned about this direction?

2 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

At what point should DE just stop pretending and transplant EVERYTHING Warframes can do into a bigger weapon system so that the ONLY reason to level Warframes is for Railjack because Necramechs don’t fit...or do they?

I know I’m throwing hyperbole here, but is no one else concerned about this direction?

No not in the slightest. Necramech are not as agile and are much more limited than warframe in terms of application. Warframes are still going to be the main focus of the game the reason necramech are getting so much development time at the moment is because there new and don't really have there role established in the game. Once they do and the reason for having/using one is created it'll be back to business as usual. For an analogy atmospheric archguns didn't invalidate guns, I doubt necramech will invalidate warframes. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Eh. The context for that exact statement was Bonewidow launching in a state which wasn’t ‘unusable’ so much as ‘functional but kinda useless’. Like, on release, the most powerful thing that Bonewidow could do was carry a Mausolon. 

The mech has been improved considerably, but the role of ‘clunky, inflexible deployment platform for temporary godlike damage output’ still firmly belongs to the Voidrig. 

Am 15.11.2020 um 15:05 schrieb BornWithTeeth:

the mech is still not really convincing in the group. voidrig makes everything better and his turrent is one of the best abilities in the game.
mechs should also be "OP". or whatever that ridiculous OP means in a pvE game ...
if i were dev in their team i would reprogram all mechs to the absolute boss killer. because mech need their niche ... warframes have very good abilities and some warframes almost never die. mechs can't keep up with that.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

& make the game even more trivial? 'guess it's a good thing you aren't a dev

it's just your opinion. with such arrogant and unrealistic claims, everyone should be careful about their own. or do you want to say that I am lying or want to harm others?
if you start like that, I don't even need to argue with you. that's kindergarten level.

12 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

it's just your opinion. with such arrogant and unrealistic claims, everyone should be careful about their own. or do you want to say that I am lying or want to harm others?
if you start like that, I don't even need to argue with you. that's kindergarten level.

You ok?

46 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

the mech is still not really convincing in the group. voidrig makes everything better and his turrent is one of the best abilities in the game.
mechs should also be "OP". or whatever that ridiculous OP means in a pvE game ...
if i were dev in their team i would reprogram all mechs to the absolute boss killer. because mech need their niche ... warframes have very good abilities and some warframes almost never die. mechs can't keep up with that.

Necramechs should be OP in a PVE game, yeah but to a certain level. The whole point of warframe is to use your WARFRAME to decimate everything in front of you. The Necramech serves the original purpose of what Archguns should had been from the very start: an ultimate weapon, when your own weaponry isn't enough. Hence why i believe Voidrig should have like a passive to increase the damage of every archgun wielded on him. Some Archguns could also use a buff to serve the purpose of "ultimate" weapon, i mean, you call from orbit a giant cannon to destroy baddies with right? is kind of underwhelming to see some Archguns are weaker than a regular bow with TNT attached to their arrows, the Kuva Bramma.

The Arquebex is the only weapon in the game, archgun, that is more powerful than any of the current strongest primary or secondary weapons, if we talk about raw power alone, without the need of "priming" enemies with status to receive more damage.

But i do agree mechs need their niche. They are fun to use, and voidrig gives access to the arquebex, which is yet another incentive. Bonewidow? not sure, i never tried bonewidow yet as it is still in the foundry building.

5 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Stop giving them ideas.  

We already have enough invested on Necramechs alone. We currently have eight arch melees just happy not needing forma.

A Knux will have to be one-handed with a hook and a shield hogging the other hand already.

But i kinda wanna see Bonewidow with a Knux just put the fist through the mob instead of the hook, lol. 

20 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Eh. The context for that exact statement was Bonewidow launching in a state which wasn’t ‘unusable’ so much as ‘functional but kinda useless’. Like, on release, the most powerful thing that Bonewidow could do was carry a Mausolon. 

The mech has been improved considerably, but the role of ‘clunky, inflexible deployment platform for temporary godlike damage output’ still firmly belongs to the Voidrig. 

Sort of...but in the context of a dungeon crawl with huge corridors and limited open worlds, these “clunky/inflexible” walking Ubergunships with “drawbacks” are all firepower buffs and power creep.  What drawbacks again?  I watch players use Mechs in ISO as their frames sit like lawn ornaments.

Even Father more or less brags. 

Enemy AI and limited mobility hardly  present a challenge to a walking AEGIS system.

And hey, that’s my kind of combat.  But...

Let’s be real here.

DE needs to make $ and this I completely understand.  

The newer players (and working whales) over the past year will pay to bypass the ISO grind with all the new market offerings.  Heck, I’m just now grinding for my Mech so maybe it’s in-mission service😂Mech for me.

But man does this ultimate buff/nerf flip feel brutal and figuratively costly to me.

Warframes took a severe hit for money.  DE needed to create a need ($).

The brutal lore retcon where the Sentients had units that simply shut off our feared/vaunted Warframes knocks a lot of bloom off that narrative rose.

Mech firepower is quickly exceeding what Warframes can do even if they COULD be used in the new Operation.

It needs lore-addressed and gameplay-addressed, yes?  We need DE to RE-establish why Warframes are THE special weapon that turned the Tide.  Because that story arc just got turned off with the flick of a switch.

Even Ballas is like: “What is my story arc worth now?” 😂😂😂

And Hunhow is all “Rlly? 😑

As a final thought, yes, I do need to get over it and over MYSELF.  The point/concern is still valid.

@(PSN)Silverback73

You’re not wrong, but I feel those are two separate issues. 

1. Yeah, power creep has gotten so out of hand that I honestly feel the core system of damage, enemy activity, weapon and Warframe stats, and weapon and Warframe mods and multipliers, the whole thing would benefit from being shut down and rebooted. There’s ‘power fantasy’ and then there’s ‘braindead button mash make the numbers bigger’.

2. Look man, lore consistency is gone. It’s dead. DE are fundamentally not interested. They make things up thinking one quest ahead, taking reference from one quest behind. That’s it.

Didn't we had discussion about this already before?  I thought someone discuss about melee for mech and DE said that the melee equp is having a buggy issue which I don't understand why DE fill such a brink of lvl excuse saying "it is not fixable" when you got bonewidow's melee weapons which perfectly is fine and no complain.  More likely the fist archwing melee is or will be a problem understandable.

The fact DE never did the archwing melee with gravity mag which I find it strange when that could of been player's long life dream to use a gravity mag and use it on the archwing fist weapon

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

672d2ec0601df831bf3584b55ec57869.gif Feel like I want use these fist punch a heretic for the meme

As again DE is still finding themselves in the struggle in the ball park which I still want use these fist for grav tech and punching the daylight out of someone but then again necramech could of use them and keeping the animation doing melee  for this would of reduce cost for new animation for it can be wait for it's get new update for it's melee and animation.

I litter-y want punch enemy with these fist because I can't stop thinking about it because I find it fugging funny beating a crushing junk out the enemy while seeing them flinging them like a baseball bat but really it's your fist weapon make it dumb logical seeing them flying out the stage.

Archived