Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.5 + 29.5.5.1

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, saghzs said:

Ah yes, lets buff Voidrig but don't even bother with Bonewidow. Classic.

Lets take note of what Bonewidow has going for her:
1. She isn't Voidrig 

2. I cannot find anything else

3. There is nothing else

Bonewidows 1 is clunky, and doesn't pair up well with her 2nd ability thus defeating the purpose of even using her 2nd ability.

The shield is a buckler that protects you from aoe or punch through projectiles. If projectiles dont have punch through then the shield simply does not register as a shield but a decorative arm piece that has no use other than to look like a chef apron on you and have to hitbox. Oh yea and to waste your energy.

I don't know why your 3rd ability cost energy. Let me give you a breakdown of all crowd control abilities:
Nyx - an ability form of mas radiation hazard put on duration
Loki - Takes away weapons reducing their effectiveness 

I have the dumb break down of the rest of the warframes but what is clear is, they actually do something. Bonewidow's doesn't do anything and just leaves her more vulnerable.
Make Bonewidow smoother and more like a berserk necramech. The more time she sits there seeing no work done to improve her, the more solidified Voidrig will be in its place.

Dumb CC Breakdown

Atlas - His crowd control pairs with his kit so it is fine 
Banshee - keeps enemies from using abilities and is a stun

Baruuk - Puts enemies to sleep, can remove weapons
Chroma - He can crowd control but I dont know why you would, you have a 600% damage buff why are you crowd controlling
Ember - Fire
Equinox - Mass sleep
Excalibur - Blind 

Frost - frost procs slowing the enemies

Gara - immobile enemies, enemies attack themselves
Gauss - Front line men at an American Foot Ball game tackling you at mach 10

Grendel - om nom
Harrow - immobile
Hildryn - immobile and provides energy
Hydroid - locks down an area
Inaros - his crowd control is garbage
Ivara - noise arrows and mass sleep
Khora (please fix khora) - chained enemies take more damage
Limbo - able to make enemies more vulnerable 
Mesa - stuns
Mirage - blind and stun
Nekros - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Nezha - Vlad the Impaler 

Nidus - Tentacles
Nova - everyone becomes a slow living bomb

Oberon - heh...
Titania - moths to a lantern
Octavia - Crowd Control the warframe
Revenant - weird
Rhino - right foot 2 stomps
Saryn - i guess her 2?
Valkyr - Scary cat lady yelled and I cannot move
Volt - If the PayDay 2 Tazer enemy ascended to become Zeus
Wisp - gives nausea
Xaku - actually has a ton of crowd control for some reason
Zephyr - (My opinion and my bias she is horrible but I would love to see her reworked. Till then never press 4 around me)

• Like 2

Seems to be a rare case as no one reported it yet, but I'm unable to check for updates and therefore cannot update currently.

Verifying the download cache relies on the same thing so that doesn't exactly help.

Restarted the PC, still not able to check for updates. Same thing on the PTC environment, although there it's kind of expected.

EDIT: it continued the verification of the download cache where it left off (at 0% ) and fixed itself. I'm now in-game.

Edited by Iterniam

Il y a 1 heure, Matt256 a dit :

The main issue with Deimos now is the bounty chain is too complicated for public matchmaking for the various vault bounties. The chance with a random (or even pre-made) group that you find people who want to do exactly what you want to do when you kick the bounty off is miniscule. People may be starting that one bounty from Mother with many different objectives. Some are farming arcanes in vault missions, some want to open all the actual vaults, some want to farm mechs for scintillant but not open the vault, some are looking for particular weapon parts etc, and many may be prepared to bail when they get that one thing they were farming for.

It's like the early days of Eidolons prior to adding the specific bounties where you couldn't really tell up front whether people wanted one, two or three. That was fixed and Deimos needs a similar fix. Much like Eidolons where you now express your intent up front (Just one, all three) there needs to be a way to to do a similar thing with Deimos bounties.  But with Deimos there are now way to many possibilities now of what you might be trying to do to accommodate that with a simple single bounty screen. 

I know, I could matchmake for a group of people for exactly what I might be trying to do, but then there's also still the chance that they get bored, disconnect, find what they need early on or their mom tells them to go to bed half way through. And there are still so many possible options for that, so many in fact that you have an explosion of options for matchmaking. (complete 1,2,3, vaults) x (open the actual vault with lloyd or not) x (run vault 1,2,3 bounty). And to just sign up for ALL of that is a substantial time commitment of what may be many useless activities for you personally, and what you get to do is largely driven by who gets to the bounty selection first.

I'd suggest something more like sorties, e.g. upon completion of the lower level missions the higher ones are always available to you (But in the case of Deimos still giving the reward to allow grinding).  e.g if you open vault one, two or three then for say 24hrs you can just re-run that mission as many times as you like even if you get totally disconnected on a host migration and need to log into a fresh instance. Also ideally you'd be able to then directly pick the side missions for each vault (straight from Mother in Necralisk) and run them over and over even with a new group.

Or Just make it more like Cetus and allow people to directly choose the bounties of interest for the thing they are interested in grinding for.

Or just simplify the vault mission structure, a lot. Frankly the first two parts of the original vault mission are very boring. You could just have three vault missions direct from Mother, in which you load directly into the vault, run the bounty stages instead of the monster door/poison sequence, fight the mech(s) and optionally open the vault all in one automatically progressing sequence.

honestly just having the normal 1 vault bounty, a 3 vault bounty and a 3 vaults + arcanas bounties should fix most matchmaking issues, i really don't get why that's not a thing yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Khora Spectors only using her Strangle Dome and no other abilities.

That's nice, but that wasn't the change that was important... For the past week you've left Whipclaw half-broken because of the added LoS check.

giphy.gif

LoS checks in Warframe do not work well.

Please make the sensible decision to replace the faulty LoS checks with something else. Not only does this newly affect Khora, it also affects Ember and primary Tombfinger kitgunts. Purposely making something buggy and annoying is not the right way to balance it.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 6

Just tested it and it is still broken.

Had a host migration, not only did I lose all of Bonewidow's xp, damage from my archgun was also cut down by a lot. Wierdly another gun was stuck to me and all my colors reverted back to stock colors on my mausalon. 

Fourth times a charm?

Edited by parttimeparty

27 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

Just tested it and it is still broken.

Had a host migration, not only did I lose all of Bonewidow's xp, damage from my archgun was also cut down by a lot. Wierdly another gun was stuck to me and all my colors reverted back to stock colors on my mausalon. 

Fourth times a charm?

I can also confirm after leaving an arcana bounty, I too lost all my experience on bonewidow and the exalted melee weapon. Very disappointing, and a complete waste of hours of farming affinity.

2 hours ago, Gigzabyte said:

I knew I wasn't going crazy! they need to fix that or at least come out and say they wanted this change. 

The examples in the videos I posted are only half of the problem too. There are still LoS check fails due to level geometry that I have not made quick little videos for. 

I'm pretty sure that DE just murdered Khora and refuses to talk about it. 

Thank you very much for all the hard work you do.

My only issue with the game right now, leaving aside other more common bugs I'm sure others have reported already, is just with the annoying forced mouse focus in the search bar field.

I'm used to fast check tabs with M or N at the end of a mission, not anymore. I'm used to press the Space bar to bypass the end of mission animation, not anymore. Why just why I'm almost obliged now to press Esc several times in a row or right click with my mouse in any other spot of the screen to do what I could do before with way less input on my keyboard?? This little change just broke the fluidity and transition in between screens when finishing a mission.

Anyway stay strong and happy christmas everyone. 🤘

• Like 1

Still no fix for:

Being unable to dismount K-Drives with the "use" key, currently using melee is the only way to dismount

Being unable to fly down while using Tranq Rifle in Archwing, "fly down" key will not work, this only seems to happen while flying in AW with the Tranq Rifle

Being unable to equip Ash's Shroud Helmet in Conclave, option is not available in Conclave Arsenal, equipping in normal arsenal and going to Conclave resets it to his default helm.

Would like to see changed:

Bring back "hold melee for heavy attacks" instead of wasting a key just to swing a sword harder.  Bring back as an option for those who prefer it, but also leave the option of binding a key for heavy attacks.

Joining Ash's Bladestorm should be "hold 4 to join" not use teleport on anything and your stuck in it...

Edited by Sparda013
spelling

2 hours ago, --Animal-- said:

I can also confirm after leaving an arcana bounty, I too lost all my experience on bonewidow and the exalted melee weapon. Very disappointing, and a complete waste of hours of farming affinity.

Exactly. So much time wasted and nothing will be offered in return.

If they were to fix the amount of SE dropped, gave us a better way to farm Kuva, or fixed the riven system, aka their "endgame," all would be forgiven as far as Im concerned. Im sitting on dozens of rivens with no way to roll them because the rewards are so low. Why are endgame players still getting the same sortie rewards as MR1 players? 6k kuva is technically ONE roll. Think about how ridiculous that is...

Edited by parttimeparty
  • Like 1

Just had an SE Defense bounty in Deimos/Derelict where Shadow Stalker showed up. The mission 100% ended before all enemies were dead. In fact I think we still had two waves to go, including the currently active one, I don't know if Stalker messed with that. The 3 SE for mission completion was awarded without issue.

6 hours ago, Matt256 said:

The main issue with Deimos now is the bounty chain is too complicated for public matchmaking for the various vault bounties. The chance with a random (or even pre-made) group that you find people who want to do exactly what you want to do when you kick the bounty off is miniscule. People may be starting that one bounty from Mother with many different objectives. Some are farming arcanes in vault missions, some want to open all the actual vaults, some want to farm mechs for scintillant but not open the vault, some are looking for particular weapon parts etc, and many may be prepared to bail when they get that one thing they were farming for.

It's like the early days of Eidolons prior to adding the specific bounties where you couldn't really tell up front whether people wanted one, two or three. That was fixed and Deimos needs a similar fix. Much like Eidolons where you now express your intent up front (Just one, all three) there needs to be a way to to do a similar thing with Deimos bounties.  But with Deimos there are now way to many possibilities now of what you might be trying to do to accommodate that with a simple single bounty screen. 

I know, I could matchmake for a group of people for exactly what I might be trying to do, but then there's also still the chance that they get bored, disconnect, find what they need early on or their mom tells them to go to bed half way through. And there are still so many possible options for that, so many in fact that you have an explosion of options for matchmaking. (complete 1,2,3, vaults) x (open the actual vault with lloyd or not) x (run vault 1,2,3 bounty). And to just sign up for ALL of that is a substantial time commitment of what may be many useless activities for you personally, and what you get to do is largely driven by who gets to the bounty selection first.

I'd suggest something more like sorties, e.g. upon completion of the lower level missions the higher ones are always available to you (But in the case of Deimos still giving the reward to allow grinding).  e.g if you open vault one, two or three then for say 24hrs you can just re-run that mission as many times as you like even if you get totally disconnected on a host migration and need to log into a fresh instance. Also ideally you'd be able to then directly pick the side missions for each vault (straight from Mother in Necralisk) and run them over and over even with a new group.

Or Just make it more like Cetus and allow people to directly choose the bounties of interest for the thing they are interested in grinding for.

Or just simplify the vault mission structure, a lot. Frankly the first two parts of the original vault mission are very boring. You could just have three vault missions direct from Mother, in which you load directly into the vault, run the bounty stages instead of the monster door/poison sequence, fight the mech(s) and optionally open the vault all in one automatically progressing sequence.

And there we were, 2nd vault completed completed and opened, Almost asleep from the tedium of it all. But time to wake up now in anticipation of real rewards. Someone picks a bounty, maybe someone who didn’t like it left, maybe the game crashed, we’ll never know. We all instantly disconnect with a ”being returned to the multiplayer menu” error and end back at Necralisk with nothing for our time, not even a single lucent teraglobe.

TL;DR Deimos vaults need some form of checkpoints that can be restarted from when the game crashes.

• Like 1

1. since you nerf khora sometimes you can´t even hit enemies in front of you with wipclaw

2. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette effects they suck 

3.give us the option to keep the crystal armor on the gara kaleida skin or even better make the armor stand alone, and add the wings to the syandana

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look too dumb

5.you haven´t fix any of this https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/page/3/#comments

• Like 1