Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.3

[DE]Rebecca

Like almost all times (more than 50%) my necramech gets downed I am unable to use 5 on my operator until he gets downed and respawns

Strangely enough my operator lasts for minutes - a lot longer than my main frame

Nevertheless, since that only occurs rarely, the event is often enjoyable on 28+ in pubs (when it starts getting a little tight :) )

DE the Mitosid enemy got bugged in an Isolation vault run T3 they spawned in as Glass and split into their two Feral halves and I had NO area to break the glass off them to kill them, I had to abort I couldn't kill them and the little mongrels would not leave me alone while killing the Necramechs only had two Necramechs to go and couldn't get close to them because of these two morons knocking me over constantly and not even the operator did any damage to them, normally the glass just falls off with a void blast.

I've never had a problem with the Mitosid in the outside open world, is this another bug just in Iso vaults or was I unlucky, very frustrating time wasted solo farming. :angry:

If we played and did a good-enough score before the Hotfixes, we just get a "Thanks for beta-testing, #*!% you, now re-do it again you moron"-slap in the face in order to score actual points in the leaderboards ?

Why on earth are you unable to script that ?? That's beyond me. I've done lots of runs before, to max out Necramechs and now I'm bored of them so I won't do a 36-thing run anymore, as it is longer and a slow boredom fest than it is challenging and/or enjoyable.

Why do all the recents decisions taken by DE are such nonsense is beyond me... It was probably piss-easy to run this script instead of the bandaid fix allowing us to score lower points than our top score nonsense they've came up with. Very disappointing, once again.

On 2020-12-27 at 8:41 AM, Pucis800 said:

Even if all team is good as fck and kills all that moves, score cannot be far over 22k, so its clear what scores need to be wiped (or even banned if its really FPS exploit) as some says

Yeah, over 1000 cheaters on the leaderboards. And not a peep from DE on it...
Apparently cheaters DO prosper...

1 hour ago, OnceADrog said:

Yeah, over 1000 cheaters on the leaderboards. And not a peep from DE on it...
Apparently cheaters DO prosper...

It's called the holidays, so calm yourself down there. They'll scrub any cheaters out long before the operation ends in what, three weeks?

1. since you nerf khora sometimes you can´t even hit enemies in front of you with wipclaw

2. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette effects they suck 

3.give us the option to keep the crystal armor on the gara kaleida skin or even better make the armor stand alone, and add the wings to the syandana

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look too dumb

5.you haven´t fix any of this textures https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/page/3/#comments

6.wisp "walking" sound not working

7. gauss feet are bug

8.nikana zaw holster style is bug

9.now that you kill steel essence farm, can you rollback the survival AI enemies just stand doing nothing 

Ok.  This may sound odd, but time for some positivity.  Yes, I do my best to be angry, but it's time to review.

Orphix Venom, and most recent events, have an initial period of non-engagement because DE knows they screw up and don't have a game mode ready to go live on day one.  They release, patch a couple of times, then eventually decide to go live when "things are stable enough."  Why is this?  Well, it's finally learning.  Starting with Scarlet Spear, DE has decided to soft launch events.  Is this a step forward....maybe.  Does it feel bad....yeah.  They thing is, they fix this stuff in post, because so many of their past events failed so spectacularly because they didn't understand how the community plays the game (versus their conception of what it is to play).  For those veterans out there, anyone remember 100,000,000 plus scores on the original fomorian cores by power spamming them?

The Orphix Venom event itself is a good reason to have the mechs.  It's a limited time, it's a buggy mess, and boy does it highlight all of the issues with durability a base mech has.  I'm also severely angry that a 55 minute mission has my mech going from level 0 to 1....despite 1851 cells being earned.  Boy...it's tough to be positive.  That said, this is Scarlet Spear 1.3.  1.0 was a mess.  1.1 was stable enough to work, and 1.2 was the end state where you decided to nerf frames permanently because of the event.  This 1.3 iteration is taking a content island and doing the bare minimum to integrate it...which is not high praise but is interesting.  

I say this as a frustration, but a positive for finally linking the content island as well.

The solstice events are genuinely good and fun.  Catalysts and forma blue prints are a nice reward.  I'd have preferred catalysts and reactors, but this isn't bad considering the much extended nightwave.  Yeah....whatever there.  It's nice to have it extended to earn more stuff...but it's leading into another intermission that at this rate will extend for eight months (based upon history).

Finally, the affinity boosting is nice.  It's long enough to enjoy over the holidays, if a bit frustrating because there's a grand total of two new pieces of content to actually do something about.

I read all of this, having revised in my head quite a few times.  I know this doesn't sound positive, but after another day of continuing garbage....this is the best I can do to shine a turd.  So we are clear, I remember the day of telling angry people to leave.  I even suggest it today when people want warframe to be Dark Souls, or Minecraft, or really anything that it's aspired to for the better part of the last decade without ever actually seeming to work towards.  I even had a personal experience where somebody who came back after two years said that nothing seems to have changed...and I responded that "this is warframe" after they called out some bug with affinity gains.

It's really depressing to be here.  I want to be positive, but the above is what I can muster.  It's meager, but it's me doing what I can to defend the best parts of the wrap-up to 2020.  Please DE, do better.  I've got about one more event in me before I just punch out.  Being part of that 50% sucks...but it's not really my choice anymore.  After you spent all of that PR time discussing the Ten Cent buyout, and how things were not going to change, all I can think is that the part of December in warframe that I most appreciate is the bite-size rewards you said the QA team worked on, because they seem like the only ones where somebody that played the game had a hand in making them.  I say this after finally completing an hour grind, getting 21,000 points, 2,100 cells, and then seeing it doesn't even buy half of a frame that I need two of.  Ouch.

Just to add an interesting ( for me at least) anecdote to MoD's post above, Nov 2020 was the first time Warframe LOST over a 1000 subscribers to it's main You Tube channel. That's in addition to a certain WF video that had a massive down vote as well.

Just a friendly suggestion to the Dev's. You may actually want to occasionally interact with your community a bit here in the forums, instead of solely focusing on Twitch and Twitter. Personally, this is perhaps the only forums that I have subscribed to where the Dev's/Mods rarely interact with their community. TBH, from my personal perspective, it's as if you fine folks at DE do not want to even acknowledge our existence, let alone interact with the community on these boards.

Here's hoping 2021 improves that lack of communication and interaction with your community.

DE I severely wish you would actually listen to people on these forums. Actually read and listen and make sense of WHY the update was dissatisfying.

Personally this update felt cheap, I mean how little effort is it to "just reuse mechs on the same tilesets and we'll call it a day" - no, in reality for me as a more casual player this meant grinding for a mech which didn't even have any real use until now. I got lucky through transmutation and got some gold/silver archgun mods.

For #*!%s sake DE how much trouble would it be to introduce DIFFICULT boss fight events that aren't linear difficulty based on DPS and invincibility periods (time gating the content = boring = burned out players) but actually require thinking and teamwork. And no players shouldn't be the ones coming up with suggestions, HIRE SOMEONE WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU ARE MAKING.

I'd recommend Killing Floor 2 and King Arthur's Gold. They are complex and yet the interaction with the games is simple. It's more about skill and being smart and situational awareness.. none of which exist for Warframe e.g. Survival wihch is purely a DPS test.

Well no shocker your over ten pages deep in disappointed comments from this event. I suppose hoping for things to get back to the old ways of needing a good team dynamic is pointless. I all we have left that requires any thought to play are the Terrolist battles, and somewhat Plague Star when it ever returns.  Just another release that crams 4 people in a squad to try and run over each other to get all the kills, Bring your best damage frame and be fast, and good at guessing the next location.  absolutely no other roles to play but damage frame. Mind numbing and boring are just the the first of many sour feelings one gets from being forced to waste vast amounts of time in there just to get something from Father's event loot.  Was really hoping after playing other things for the past few months i would have something fun to return to.  Instead a horrible time sucker with any fun involved at all and, AND you guys been ^&$#&$ nerfing more of the frames and weapons i invested all my prior time to build.  What happened to Warframes  founding principles of not taking things away from the players after they have earned them.  Stop taking the lazy way out and ruing our gear to compensate for your lack of creating anything that's challenging or worthy of our bad azz frames and equipment we built.  Can I just take my Dojo and all my stuff to a new game/

17 hours ago, icodious said:

Well no shocker your over ten pages deep in disappointed comments from this event. I suppose hoping for things to get back to the old ways of needing a good team dynamic is pointless. I all we have left that requires any thought to play are the Terrolist battles, and somewhat Plague Star when it ever returns.  Just another release that crams 4 people in a squad to try and run over each other to get all the kills, Bring your best damage frame and be fast, and good at guessing the next location.  absolutely no other roles to play but damage frame. Mind numbing and boring are just the the first of many sour feelings one gets from being forced to waste vast amounts of time in there just to get something from Father's event loot.  Was really hoping after playing other things for the past few months i would have something fun to return to.  Instead a horrible time sucker with any fun involved at all and, 

Do you realize that a damage frame doesn't work against the sentients in the orhpix area, wich are the only way to get points and also "killing more" doesn't affect anyone, since the score point is shared between the squad? In fact, killing more with the necramechs is benefit for everyone and highly encouraged for team work since you subdivide your team between people fighting the sentients to get more points, people dealing with resonators and people dealing with the orphix to achieve the best score? (you can check the wiki if you don't believe me: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Orphix_Venom#Phasic_Cells.2FScoring

What event are you playing then?

On 2021-01-02 at 11:29 AM, vanaukas said:

Do you realize that a damage frame doesn't work against the sentients in the orhpix area, wich are the only way to get points and also "killing more" doesn't affect anyone, since the score point is shared between the squad? In fact, killing more with the necramechs is benefit for everyone and highly encouraged for team work since you subdivide your team between people fighting the sentients to get more points, people dealing with resonators and people dealing with the orphix to achieve the best score? (you can check the wiki if you don't believe me: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Orphix_Venom#Phasic_Cells.2FScoring

What event are you playing then?

I assume with damage frame he means damage necramech in this case.

To make this event worth it in any way you have to play Endurance and aim to finish the max 36 rounds to get the max number of phasic cells - this will take you 54 minutes, and can net you around 2000 cells if you manage to get to each spawn spot immediately. For this you need at least 2 fully maxed out mechs, ideally 3, in the squad to be able to dish out the constant fire power you need. If you choose to go in only with the operator to deal with resonators, he/she will need an advanced focus loadout to be able to survive more than a few seconds in the bubble once you reach the higher levels. 

To buy all Lavos components with the rewarded cells will entail at least 5 hours of event grinding (perhaps quicker if rng drops favour you, but this is unlikely). If you also want the Cedo parts, add some more hours for that.

If you aim to grind for a maxed Arcane Energize, make that 6 hours of your life spent on the event. Well, at least it’s quicker than farming Tridolons.

Obviously DE are trying to motivate people to grind out their new necramech creations, to then be able to partake in the event. How many hours to farm and level a decent mech build? And once the event is over, what will the mechs actually be useful for?

Considering all this, I can fully understand it when people don’t see it worth their time to spend hours of their life to prepare for this event, and then spending more hours in the event itself, for a rewards-vs-time ratio that is only 1/3 of what it was for Scarlet Spear. 

Not seen any Amber Stars in regular missions since OV (29.6.0) arrived. That or they are exceedingly rare.

Feels very much like a regression of the same problem we had when Deimos arrived.
Cyan Stars still drop from containers and lockers.

If this is the new rule, to coerce people to interact more with deimos to get numbers up for that, then step up and say so and apologize for it being omitted from patchnotes.
Just don't expect us to believe it was a "mistake" the first time (deimos) and now again with orphix.

Having a look at your droptable page, not sure what to say.
According to that, Amber is only available from Requiem relics and Cambion Drift, but Cyan is not even listed.
Clearly that page can not be relied on, like I was told ingame when trying to research Tellurium.
Speaking of which, from recent experience Tellurium only appears to drop from Uranus survival and more rarely from archwing. Not from the rest of the limited uranus sealab missions nor from kuva fortress (like it used to and the wiki still says). By now that stuff is much harder to come by than orokin cells and even argon - which even rookies can scrape from the lowlevel (10-15) void exterminate node.
But, Ambers aside, boy does it stink to get Tellurium, it just does not get much attention since the oldies have more than they'll ever need from when it was more available.

33 minutes ago, room199 said:

Obviously DE are trying to motivate people to grind out their new necramech creations, to then be able to partake in the event. How many hours to farm and level a decent mech build? And once the event is over, what will the mechs actually be useful for?

Considering all this, I can fully understand it when people don’t see it worth their time to spend hours of their life to prepare for this event, and then spending more hours in the event itself, for a rewards-vs-time ratio that is only 1/3 of what it was for Scarlet Spear. 

Agree. But it's not just the mechs. Something is rotten at DE. Not been here all that long, but began noticing when they did the corpus revamp.

Just to pull one example from that, i'd have dropped the game at the Jackal on venus if it had been like that when I had to do get past it. What a BS fight to throw at new players.

56 minutes ago, room199 said:

I assume with damage frame he means damage necramech in this case.

To make this event worth it in any way you have to play Endurance and aim to finish the max 36 rounds to get the max number of phasic cells - this will take you 54 minutes, and can net you around 2000 cells if you manage to get to each spawn spot immediately. For this you need at least 2 fully maxed out mechs, ideally 3, in the squad to be able to dish out the constant fire power you need. If you choose to go in only with the operator to deal with resonators, he/she will need an advanced focus loadout to be able to survive more than a few seconds in the bubble once you reach the higher levels. 

To buy all Lavos components with the rewarded cells will entail at least 5 hours of event grinding (perhaps quicker if rng drops favour you, but this is unlikely). If you also want the Cedo parts, add some more hours for that.

If you aim to grind for a maxed Arcane Energize, make that 6 hours of your life spent on the event. Well, at least it’s quicker than farming Tridolons.

The damage necramech? Both are "damage necramech", one does like 5x more dmg than the other buth both are perfectly cappable of running to 36 and get 2k cells on solo or gorups. 

Running till 36 is only needed once if you are interested in dojo trophies. You can also play for lower time and more easyly if you hit 1k cells (wich is the most efficient farm in time/effort). Again  this can be achieved on solo as multiple guides in the forums have demonstrated. I can link them if you want.

There is no need on buying Lavos parts, if you played the event you would know that those parts (and the cedo) are very common, common enough for me to have like 6 full sets of lavos (including like 12 cosmetic helmets), 2 already built, one for play and one for helminth. And I don't even made an effort to farm, I've just played multiple days for dort time instead going full 26, because it's innefficient.

The purpose of the whole event is test necramechs in regular missions to later be added to regular missions. It's kinda clear then "And once the event is over, what will the mechs actually be useful for?"

If people played the event instead ciomplaining for statics on something they don't play, I'm sure it would be less complaining, wich in fact happened after the few days of the event. FIrst days everyone complained using your literal response and they then realized the same stuff I'm telling you about. The event is one of the most forgiving events that I can recall in this game, in flexibility (both mechs are good in what they do: Voidgirg = Burst DPS - Bonewidow = Sustained DPS) and also solo friendly. If you complain about voidrig, you would know that the arquebex for the "rent-a-mech" it's powerful enough to farm the event with more people if you really don't wanna waste" your precious time farming the necramechs... And the floor of the event is full of necramechs to use. Also note that the very first mech you can farm is Voidrig, making things even more easier.

Seems like "playing the game" is the whole problem here.

(EDIT: You know what? I'm gonan drop those links regardless, it may help people to stop regurgitating other's opinions and maybe they0ll try things for themselves if they can see what a mech can do:

And before you or anyone else complains about "needing a full modded necramech to run it efficiently solo"... I mean of course, you don't take a modless rank 0 frame to run endurance events or even endurance runs to farm things, why it would be any different? Yet they gave you rank 30 free mechs on the mission to at least achieve something in Endurance.)

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

The damage necramech? Both are "damage necramech", one does like 5x more dmg than the other buth both are perfectly cappable of running to 36 and get 2k cells on solo or gorups. 

Running till 36 is only needed once if you are interested in dojo trophies. You can also play for lower time and more easyly if you hit 1k cells (wich is the most efficient farm in time/effort). Again  this can be achieved on solo as multiple guides in the forums have demonstrated. I can link them if you want.

There is no need on buying Lavos parts, if you played the event you would know that those parts (and the cedo) are very common, common enough for me to have like 6 full sets of lavos (including like 12 cosmetic helmets), 2 already built, one for play and one for helminth. And I don't even made an effort to farm, I've just played multiple days for dort time instead going full 26, because it's innefficient.

The purpose of the whole event is test necramechs in regular missions to later be added to regular missions. It's kinda clear then "And once the event is over, what will the mechs actually be useful for?"

If people played the event instead ciomplaining for statics on something they don't play, I'm sure it would be less complaining, wich in fact happened after the few days of the event. FIrst days everyone complained using your literal response and they then realized the same stuff I'm telling you about. The event is one of the most forgiving events that I can recall in this game, in flexibility (both mechs are good in what they do: Voidgirg = Burst DPS - Bonewidow = Sustained DPS) and also solo friendly. If you complain about voidrig, you would know that the arquebex for the "rent-a-mech" it's powerful enough to farm the event with more people if you really don't wanna waste" your precious time farming the necramechs... And the floor of the event is full of necramechs to use. Also note that the very first mech you can farm is Voidrig, making things even more easier.

Seems like "playing the game" is the whole problem here.

(EDIT: You know what? I'm gonan drop those links regardless, it may help people to stop regurgitating other's opinions and maybe they0ll try things for themselves if they can see what a mech can do:

And before you or anyone else complains about "needing a full modded necramech to run it efficiently solo"... I mean of course, you don't take a modless rank 0 frame to run endurance events or even endurance runs to farm things, why it would be any different? Yet they gave you rank 30 free mechs on the mission to at least achieve something in Endurance.)

Thanks for posting the links. These are well made posts showing you how to cheese Endurance runs using meta builds of multiply forma'd mechs + weapons.

Many people do not have these yet (maybe they decided to concentrate on other aspects of WF, besides Deimos), so the unmodded trash-mechs + Mausolon are OK to support for the first few runs in Endurance, but beyond this they become pointless due to their general ineffectiveness. But it is a nice gesture from DE to include them, especially since it shows us players how important it is to grind for all those cool parts and mods that can turn a basic mech into a meta-mech, which can then be used to cheese the event :-). If the ultimate point of the event is to test the mechs for regular missions (platforming through Gas Cities??), then I look forward to seeing the test results once DE are back from hols.

The reason why I am commenting on this thread is because I have in fact been playing the event, over multiple days. It took me 5 hours (i.e. 5x36 runs) to get all 4 of the Lavos parts to drop. This is "OK" considering the 4% drop rate - but in hindsight it would have been quicker to buy the parts after 3 hours with the 4500 phasic cells I'd earned :-/. Either way - 5 hours of grind for Lavos, yum.

As previously stated, the Scarlet Spear reward/time ratio was 3 times higher than it was for this event. SP was fun to do, it had a different feeling in a cool new railjack setting (after the worst bugs had been fixed), and I felt my time was well spent. I cannot really say this for Orphix Venom - I am doing it simply to get the event frame and weapon, wham-bam. 

If playing the game loses it's overall fun + reward factor in comparison, then as you said, "playing the game" becomes the whole problem here.

1 minute ago, room199 said:

Thanks for posting the links. These are well made posts showing you how to cheese Endurance runs using meta builds of multiply forma'd mechs + weapons.

Many people do not have these yet (maybe they decided to concentrate on other aspects of WF, besides Deimos), so the unmodded trash-mechs + Mausolon are OK to support for the first few runs in Endurance, but beyond this they become pointless due to their general ineffectiveness. But it is a nice gesture from DE to include them, especially since it shows us players how important it is to grind for all those cool parts and mods that can turn a basic mech into a meta-mech, which can then be used to cheese the event :-). If the ultimate point of the event is to test the mechs for regular missions (platforming through Gas Cities??), then I look forward to seeing the test results once DE are back from hols.

The reason why I am commenting on this thread is because I have in fact been playing the event, over multiple days. It took me 5 hours (i.e. 5x36 runs) to get all 4 of the Lavos parts to drop. This is "OK" considering the 4% drop rate - but in hindsight it would have been quicker to buy the parts after 3 hours with the 4500 phasic cells I'd earned :-/. Either way - 5 hours of grind for Lavos, yum.

As previously stated, the Scarlet Spear reward/time ratio was 3 times higher than it was for this event. SP was fun to do, it had a different feeling in a cool new railjack setting (after the worst bugs had been fixed), and I felt my time was well spent. I cannot really say this for Orphix Venom - I am doing it simply to get the event frame and weapon, wham-bam. 

If playing the game loses it's overall fun + reward factor in comparison, then as you said, "playing the game" becomes the whole problem here.

Thing is, your fun wasn't my fun and my fun now isn't your fun. You cannot categorize things as "good" or "bad" based on subjective opinion. I mean, for you it can be bad, but for me SS was worse because you had to commit to play on the same relay until 100%, because if you left to play something else, you couldn't enter the relay again (and I'm not even going to talk about the squad issues there). Also, happened a lot of times that I left after doing a lot of both sides of the mission, just to find that people stopped playing in that relay and I didn't got any bonus despite all my effort. So, honestly, I don't care if I gain less points here, because it's almsot no RNG based, I don't have to force myself to play the same missions over and over again to have a bonus.

Respecting to the mods, int's not necesary have that same builds to play efficiently, it's just to go to 36 on SOLO. You don't need nothing more than a rent-a-mech to do the event if a user really doesn't want to farm necramechs (and be forever behind, since they ae going to be neeed for future content). This is very similar when scarlet spear dropped and people complained about needing a good railjack. You need to play the game to have stuff and to run missions efficently, that's the core of the game on every single game mode here. 

DE even dropped 15 days of 2x affinity to help people to get their mechs more easily, I can't understand why someone that have easy access to previously "hell grind" content (because they de-dilluted the pool reward, made ISO vaults runs more easy, added arcana bounties if you have trouble killing mechs) still complains about needing to play the game in order to run missions efficiently. Because there is a huge difference on running efficiently and not being allowed to play it. Every person that did the Operation pre-requisites can play the mision, it's up to each one how they are going to farm. Even a full suad of under geared people can make a nice bunch of points, because as I've said, running till 36 is just for the score, but for farming cells up to 36 or 2k isn't efficient at all.

And it's not "if the ultimate goal"... It's the whole goal :facepalm:

On 2020-11-27 at 3:25 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We will close off 2020 with a little serpentine Alchemy on PC. Expect Lavos in a mini-update that tests out a new feature in a limited setting: Necramechs in regular missions! Those of you who played our Survival event in 2013 may be used to this type of release (small test before wide release). We will provide more details on this soon - we're airing a special time Devstream to cover all this and more (check that spoiler!)

See you, Tenno 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1238097-wrapping-up-2020-looking-toward-2021/

Archived