Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V knows how to cure infestation, Alad V can cure the Entrati

Tuxie

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

That is a good question i am sure they would love a chat and Alad probably would delight in it as well...

It feels really embarrassing that we neglected to even mention this to the Entrati when they clearly want to slow/cure their Infested afflictions, what kind of friends are we even then?

Its likely that it depends on how far along the Infestation got you.

Rotten Salad was connected long enough to become rotten, but had parts that were still fresh enough to cut himself off.

The Entrati... they are gigantically mutated, can use the Infestation to "travel" to certain spores around the CD and had even their names erased from their minds.

I dont think whatever cure Alad made up will do anything to people who are that far integrated into the Infestation.

Like some sickness we have, some of them only have cures if treated at the beginning stages, after that...

Just now, Tuxie said:

It feels really embarrassing that we neglected to even mention this to the Entrati when they clearly want to slow/cure their Infested afflictions, what kind of friends are we even then?

The very creepy silent kind since not once did we ever speak a word to them. We simply stared at them with our Warframe eyes lol.

Vhs Staring GIF by Charlie Mars

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Rotten Salad was connected long enough to become rotten, but had parts that were still fresh enough to cut himself off.

The Entrati... they are gigantically mutated, can use the Infestation to "travel" to certain spores around the CD and had even their names erased from their minds.

I dont think whatever cure Alad made up will do anything to people who are that far integrated into the Infestation.

Like some sickness we have, some of them only have cures if treated at the beginning stages, after that...

I am sure they would still love to meet the lad and learn what he did as it could help them esp daughter reverse their changes as much as possible. Heck Alad would probably dig the chance to see them and learn some of their secrets as well.

Tit for tat as you would say.

I mean, the only real way to "Save" them is to use their form of "Continuity" their ritual the Orokin used for their supposed immortality. All they need to do really is to transfer of consciousness from one body to another, simple as that.

But thats too difficult for WF, the Lore in WF is as simple as An Firetruck is Red and a Cop car is Blue.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Wasn't Alad V helped by the Lotus to be cured?

From the Mutalist Alad V Wiki.

Operation: Tubemen of Regor

Alad V and Nef Anyo duel for the potential cure to Alad's Infestation, which is found within Tyl Regor's ocean labs. As Alad V describes, he wishes the Tenno to obtain Tyl Regor's research before sabotaging the lab to potentially find himself a cure of the plague, to purify his Infested self and to redeem himself of his mistake. Nef Anyo, however, sees his plea to the Lotus as a threat to his position in the Corpus board and immediately broadcasts his alternate proposition to pay the Tenno to destroy Tyl Regor's lab, wanting to prevent Alad V from obtaining the cure and regain power in the board. As both sides offers the locations of the underwater laboratoriums to do their willing, the Lotus refuses to sway the Tenno into a specific choice, and it is ultimately up to themselves to decide which of the two is the lesser evil.

Lotus didn't help at all, she refused to get involved and left it to the Tenno to decide Alad V's fate.

Reading this though, if anyone could cure the Entrati it would be Tyl Regor?

32 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I mean, the only real way to "Save" them is to use their form of "Continuity" their ritual the Orokin used for their supposed immortality. All they need to do really is to transfer of consciousness from one body to another, simple as that.

But thats too difficult for WF, the Lore in WF is as simple as An Firetruck is Red and a Cop car is Blue.

Father has a voiceline (not sure if it's new) that indicates that it's become impossible. Something along the lines of mother thinking that someday they'll just jump into new bodies and fix all of this.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I feel like he could still give them useful information, even if he couldn't cure them. And of course, he would love for the chance to ask them some questions as well... 

Based on Mutalist Alad V's wiki entry, it states that Alad invented the Mutalist Strain, this however is not the same as the Grey Strain that is on Deimos. The Entrati have been researching the Grey strain for a while it seems. So, I believe Alad's strain might be too different from the Grey strain. Similar procedures could possibly be tested, but are most likely not to work, otherwise if Alad's cure was applicable to all infested strains we could make the System a much safer place by just mass producing it for places like Eris, Deimos and all the Dark Sector Nodes.

It's worth noting that the Entrati are infested with the grey strain, an ancient strain of infestation that seems to be focused on Deimos (probably because Deimos was presumably hidden in the void until recently). Alad on the other hand, was infested by the mutalist strain, which he himself made (IIRC), making it much more recent. It's pretty plausible that his cure wouldn't do the trick for the Entrati

as others have said, different strains, different cure would be needed. and the strain hasn't been researched much, hence Latrox Une and the Entrati trying to learn more about it.

it's also important to remember we'd need to give Alad something in return if we were to call in a favour. I always thought he should owe us one for dealing with the Ropalolyst, but the Amalgams continue to be built so... did we even help Alad out or just remove the immediate threat to Jupiter's Gas City without addressing the larger problem, namely Alad being blackmailed into making Amalgams?

I would say it's too late for the Entrati sadly, but hey, at the very least we patched up their dysfunctional family relationships and they now love each other again. better to die happy than live in sorrow, no?

This is the perfect excuse to rerun Operation: Tubemen of Tyl Regor... throw in Necramechs, add in Sentients that want to sabotage our efforts, and make Daughter a vendor and voila, new spin on an old event (the original event was before my time).

Though the ending will probably be that even through Daughter's use of Tyl Regor's research, their strain of the infestation is evolving too quickly for it to work completely...

24 minutes ago, nslay said:

This is the perfect excuse to rerun Operation: Tubemen of Tyl Regor... throw in Necramechs, add in Sentients that want to sabotage our efforts, and make Daughter a vendor and voila, new spin on an old event (the original event was before my time).

Though the ending will probably be that even through Daughter's use of Tyl Regor's research, their strain of the infestation is evolving too quickly for it to work completely...

Ah man that event brings back so much pleasant nostalgia... 

One of the most memeworthy events of all WF to be sure... so very memorable. 

I would love to see a sequel and take part in it. 

Alad's infestation was different. It didn't took over his entire body just parts of it.

The Entrati are like at least 70% infested. Their guts, their lower half are long gone. They mutated way too much. And the Deimos infestation isn't exactly the same as the one you find on Eris. 

Maybe continuity could save them. That replaces their soul into a new body.

1st.  It may not even be the same strain that got Allad infested. The stain that the Entrati got seems like is ben around since the old war.
2nd.  Allad is Allad, he created a cure for himself and left it at that. Allad is not the kind of character to do others a favor unless its for a price, a disproportionately unfair one at that.

Different Strains of the disease. Alad V was infected with the Mutalist Strain (which he had a hand in designing), while the Family are afflicted with the Grey Strain. They are also much further progressed in their infection, so a cure is likely no longer possible.

They can cure them selfs according to their stories with the help of a theater which is supposedly - i think - located somewhere on the Deimos by using Kuva. I meen trasfer to another body. But father dont whant to do that, he think hes famely is deserv what was happend with them. So maybe in future quests (about growing operator i mean) we will have opportunity to some how interract with it.  Because Alad is researcher - Entrati are creators.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Different Strains of the disease. Alad V was infected with the Mutalist Strain (which he had a hand in designing), while the Family are afflicted with the Grey Strain. They are also much further progressed in their infection, so a cure is likely no longer possible.

I think it's time DE added opposing Infested strains to Invasions. I'd really like to have the option to side with the grey strain of the infested.

• Infested (Grey) vs Infested (Mutalist)
  • Infested (Grey) vs Grineer
  • Infested (Grey) vs Corpus

Just now, nslay said:

I think it's time DE added opposing Infested strains to Invasions. I'd really like to have the option to side with the grey strain of the infested.

• Infested (Grey) vs Infested (Mutalist)
  • Infested (Grey) vs Grineer
  • Infested (Grey) vs Corpus

Likely won't happen for the same reason we don't see conflicts within the Grineer and Corpus.

Archived