Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The personal shelter

MollAgdeduba

Ok here another idea for you... All of us, we have an Orbiter, and it is our shelter. But what if we could choose from different shelter?

Actual Lore: Some years ago we have started to be awaken from our millenary dream. The galaxy we have found is totally different from what we have left behind when we enter in cryopod. No more orokin, no more Tenno, but old relic, old ruins, are still there. Towers, cities, ships, weapons, technology and a lot of more thing from orokin era are still here, and a lot just waith to be discovered.

My idea is to give a player the choice to change from our actual Orbiter, to other Orbiter (maybe you can buy them with plat, or you could unlock progressing in game, or both together). The difference from the various orbiter will be this: now we are in the "base orbiter", but now since we could explore the space, we could find some more place to adapt as our home.

For now, I was thinking about this different type of Shelter, with a lot of more space inside, new room, and a complete different comfiguration of the existing room (note this: at lore-level, all the place i'm going to talk about, have been ancient ships or bases used by tenno/orokin wich share the same technology of our actual Orbiter, so ther's helminth, transference and everything else):

-) Orokin starship: what if we take an old orokin starship and we transform that in our home? Inside this will have symmetrical interior, gold plated filigree, and railjack will be parked in his hangar.

-) Asteroid fortress: an old fortress builded inside a big asteroid and abandoned after the old war. Hallways constructed in big caves, some room tenno style, but other room just excaved in the rock. Railjack could be parked inside an hangar or could be docked on the surface of the asteroid.

-) Space station: a circular space station with the shape of a donut. A lot of windows to see outside in space and room with window on the central part, where is also parked the Railjack.

-) Put here your idea!

19 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

My idea

Not bad but think about if we have multiple layout any change de will care to put into 1 of it will need to be made into all of them
For example like when they added personal quarters

And that can be the problem with it 

Are you just asking for a time sink?   Either way people will complain that it is "too much work" and DE will cave making the earning process so trivial you could rub to ammo-drum mods together and get it.    My guess that is why DE has started hiding quite a bit of stuff behind "plat" again which is fine.

Don't get me wrong...I would love an epic resource and time sink these days.     Something like a million endo and 10 million of many of the resources sounds mildly insane and fun at the same time but it would devolve into nothing more than meta farming.   So then DE would then put in "daily caps" like focus and people would complain about that to.   

So...yeh...sure.

sounds really awesome! as a pacifist tenno who spends his time fishing and collecting floofs rather than murdering bad guys, i'm 100% in.

however... it seems pretty far fetched. sad, i know... i'm probably sadder than you.

anyway, i also happen to play monster hunter world. everybody have the same layout for their rooms. what we can change, is the skin for our rooms.
sounds disappointing, but the difference is actually pretty huge. applying brick n mortar skin makes your room look like a castle. applying wooden skin makes it look like a villa in the mountains. applying cute pink theme makes it look like... a cute pink teenager girl's room... just need to mess with the decorations to complete the theme.

it's not as awesome as your idea, but it's way more closer.

9 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Ok here another idea for you... All of us, we have an Orbiter, and it is our shelter. But what if we could choose from different shelter?

Actual Lore: Some years ago we have started to be awaken from our millenary dream. The galaxy we have found is totally different from what we have left behind when we enter in cryopod. No more orokin, no more Tenno, but old relic, old ruins, are still there. Towers, cities, ships, weapons, technology and a lot of more thing from orokin era are still here, and a lot just waith to be discovered.

My idea is to give a player the choice to change from our actual Orbiter, to other Orbiter (maybe you can buy them with plat, or you could unlock progressing in game, or both together). The difference from the various orbiter will be this: now we are in the "base orbiter", but now since we could explore the space, we could find some more place to adapt as our home.

For now, I was thinking about this different type of Shelter, with a lot of more space inside, new room, and a complete different comfiguration of the existing room (note this: at lore-level, all the place i'm going to talk about, have been ancient ships or bases used by tenno/orokin wich share the same technology of our actual Orbiter, so ther's helminth, transference and everything else):

-) Orokin starship: what if we take an old orokin starship and we transform that in our home? Inside this will have symmetrical interior, gold plated filigree, and railjack will be parked in his hangar.

-) Asteroid fortress: an old fortress builded inside a big asteroid and abandoned after the old war. Hallways constructed in big caves, some room tenno style, but other room just excaved in the rock. Railjack could be parked inside an hangar or could be docked on the surface of the asteroid.

-) Space station: a circular space station with the shape of a donut. A lot of windows to see outside in space and room with window on the central part, where is also parked the Railjack.

-) Put here your idea!

Can we only create stuff that would make sense and fit in Warframe's universe? Or, can we pick stuff from other works of fiction and based on reality as well?

Personally, I want to see Personal Dojos. 

No, not a Clan Dojo with a single person in it. 

I mean a Dojo for exclusively personal use. 

No Labs or anything. Basically just a place you can decorate as you like and also use an alternative to the Orbiter, with Arsenal/Forge etc access. 

Then give a menu option to return to the Dojo after missions instead of Orbiter.

I kinda wanna have that extra bit of content that is making an awesome looking Dojo, but don't want to have to leave the Clan I'm in to have it. 

13 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

-) Put here your idea!

Dojo? 

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we already have plenty of spaces: relays, Orbiter, personal Quarters and our Dojo, all of which could use looking at.

I would like it if we at least got a much larger personal quarters. for a multi-millionaire assassin with countless expensive weapons, we sure do live... modestly...

yes, we live really modestly =) Enought credit, resource and power to conquer the entire sol-system, and we live in our little "space wolkswagen T1 pulman"

1 hour ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Dojo? 

Well... dojo is another type of concept. First of all is not personal. Ther's a leader and maybe an architetc, and they build the place. You can exit from your clan and build your personal dojo, but play with a clan, and have a team is one of the most important part of this game. Then, dojo has really a bad design. There are 3 sized room, and all the room are exactly one a copy of each other. All is copy and paste the same shaped room, again and again, and decorate it since they look different. You can't create something with different height, you can't create something that is different form a 90° angle, you can't customize the "apparence" of the room; everything will be always "pixelated tenno wall" and "pixelated tenno floor".

Some people here could say: "some thing could not be, cause the room are aligned to the grid", ok, but give me the opportunity to put also "unaligned" room, and i know that from there i can't create a circle.

Since this topic is about shelter, imagine you start to build yours in a place like earth. You build some room like dojo is now and all is aligned to grid, and also everything is like "a dojo" instead fo be "like earth" but form a certain point you start to use existing part of map taken from earth. Now it really look like earth, and since is "your shelter" you could also decorate in the way you prefer. That's sound good. From those room, ther's no grid to align with, but what's the problem?    

4 hours ago, Reitrix said:

No Labs or anything. Basically just a place you can decorate as you like and also use an alternative to the Orbiter, with Arsenal/Forge etc access. 

Then give a menu option to return to the Dojo after missions instead of Orbiter.

I kinda wanna have that extra bit of content that is making an awesome looking Dojo, but don't want to have to leave the Clan I'm in to have it. 

Agree, with a little exception. If i should choose, inside the "personal dojo" (another way to call what i've called "shelter") there could be also laboratories and everything you usually use inside your regular dojo. 

15 hours ago, Reitrix said:

This!

6 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Solo Clan?

15 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Sounds more like a "set dojo as home/starting point" request.

Dojos can be greatly customized to what you are requesting (and more)

Plus the orbiter is pretty huge , we only see at most 20% of it (probably less) if we stick to the old concept images so there is still scope for making more changes to it.

11 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

yes, we live really modestly =) Enought credit, resource and power to conquer the entire sol-system, and we live in our little "space wolkswagen T1 pulman"

Well... dojo is another type of concept. First of all is not personal. Ther's a leader and maybe an architetc, and they build the place. You can exit from your clan and build your personal dojo, but play with a clan, and have a team is one of the most important part of this game. Then, dojo has really a bad design. There are 3 sized room, and all the room are exactly one a copy of each other. All is copy and paste the same shaped room, again and again, and decorate it since they look different. You can't create something with different height, you can't create something that is different form a 90° angle, you can't customize the "apparence" of the room; everything will be always "pixelated tenno wall" and "pixelated tenno floor".

Some people here could say: "some thing could not be, cause the room are aligned to the grid", ok, but give me the opportunity to put also "unaligned" room, and i know that from there i can't create a circle.

Since this topic is about shelter, imagine you start to build yours in a place like earth. You build some room like dojo is now and all is aligned to grid, and also everything is like "a dojo" instead fo be "like earth" but form a certain point you start to use existing part of map taken from earth. Now it really look like earth, and since is "your shelter" you could also decorate in the way you prefer. That's sound good. From those room, ther's no grid to align with, but what's the problem?    

Agree, with a little exception. If i should choose, inside the "personal dojo" (another way to call what i've called "shelter") there could be also laboratories and everything you usually use inside your regular dojo. 

you really should visit some of the featured dojos , feels like you lack in understanding what a good decorator is capable of.

Much of my clan agrees that they would love to start in some of the clan rooms as we have made it to look amazing.

I would however love to see more "regular" tilesets maybe from earth or venus as rooms to be added.

Elevation is indeed a limitation as of now as you can only create and connect rooms and halls which are rectangular on the same level and you will need to plan things in advance. you cant move vertically between rooms without there being an elevator shaft outside the rooms.

But you could convert some of the large rooms into multi level designs as well - you are only limited to your imagination.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Sounds more like a "set dojo as home/starting point" request.

Dojos can be greatly customized to what you are requesting (and more)

Plus the orbiter is pretty huge , we only see at most 20% of it (probably less) if we stick to the old concept images so there is still scope for making more changes to it.

you really should visit some of the featured dojos , feels like you lack in understanding what a good decorator is capable of.

Much of my clan agrees that they would love to start in some of the clan rooms as we have made it to look amazing.

I would however love to see more "regular" tilesets maybe from earth or venus as rooms to be added.

Elevation is indeed a limitation as of now as you can only create and connect rooms and halls which are rectangular on the same level and you will need to plan things in advance. you cant move vertically between rooms without there being an elevator shaft outside the rooms.

But you could convert some of the large rooms into multi level designs as well - you are only limited to your imagination.

Well.. i know exactly how to decorate a dojo. I own my dojo with some friend inside, and i have completely decorated it, i also think my decoration are better of a lot of other decoration in "featured dojo", but that's just personal thinking, I like to see other people dojo, the "featured dojo" and also the one of people i ask to invite me in case of trading.

Decorating a dojo or a orbiter, and all this aspect of the game is also for me one of the most important part of the game. Some people like farm tridolon, other like roll riven, i like this aspect, and i usually write on the forum ideas and suggestion related to this. And since is one of my favourite aspect, i can say that dojo cannot be customized to what i'm requesting. The potential of a dojo is infinite, i know, but is super-limited form a lot of things. What are the major limit? Here some:

-) Pianification: You should accurately plan your dojo before construct it, but sometimes new decoration and room got added, and all your your plan become useless. So this aspect should extremely need some attention by DE, allowing for example to move constructed room, store them, save a decoration layout for copy/paste it in another room and a way to store already constructed decoration instead of construct them every time. There are a lot of other thing that could be better under this aspect of "pianification".

-) Variety of room: as i say the variety of room is extremely low; more or less everything is "small garden", "big garden" "big hall". Just now we have the new "open space" tht's a really interesting room, but also extremely limited from its "just one door". I could write here a poem of infinite thing that could be added and creted there, but i limit to just the one for me are the most important:
1) More articulated room (aligned to grid): room with door on more level, "Y" hallway, "C" hallway, circular room, windowed room, stairs, and more to expand the dojo in height and shape
2) Thematic room (unaligned to grid): Room that have a theme based on the actual tyleset in the game. For now we have a semi-example with the entrati room and the infsted room, but those thing are still locked on the idea of be "a rectangle" same size of every other grand hall. My idea here is to take roomwith theyr shape and size from the tyleset and use them for dojo; for example from grineer asteroid, from underwater sealab, Lua, orokin set, and all the other. Just imagine how interesting could be?
3) Purpose-room (aligned to grid): Room with a basic decoration that look like the room is useful inside the dojo. Railjack room is a semi-example, cause it has also a real purpose (use and customize rj), but i think about engine room, cephalon room, reactor room, etc... used just for decoration like for example you have an engine room inside yuour dojo)

-) Apparence and minor changes: room shoud have an "apparence" different fron only colour change. Could be interesting to apply skin to room, skin could be of two type, color path change, to have other design instead of the lotus one, and complete skin change, for axample transform the wall, floor and roof of a hallway in a caves or a underwater tunnel etc... etc... Could also be interesting to change the skybox of certain room (for example i don't like the RJ skybox with his giantic relay, and totally unsesed with other windowed room like observatory or windowed garden)

-) Decoration: well.. useless to say, there could be infinite of them. Every texture, you see in regular map could be an interesting decoration for the dojo. I just want to remind that if you look to the map you regular paly, you'll see really and really an infinite ammount of item and object and decoration that could be lobvely to see in dojo.

53 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

It’s an interesting idea, but is this worth the Dev time to put in the game?

It's not like the devs would have to create new assets. 

It's literally just a Clan Dojo minus the labs.

Hell, with the size of our Orbiters, could make a lore excuse that the personal dojo is just part of the Orbiter that we normally can't see. 

Scale costs for solo, put a door in the Orbiter and call it done. Well, after adding the option to set a spawn point in the Dojo area XD

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

It’s an interesting idea, but is this worth the Dev time to put in the game?

Quite possibly.

Don't underestimate the impact of giving players a 'building' thing in getting them to grind. Whole games have literally been built off this, and Sonic Adventure's Chao Garden is a much-beloved feature, even among the particularly divided community of the Sonic fanbase.

13 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

You noticed that's not who made the thread, or who I responded to?

1 hour ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You noticed that's not who made the thread, or who I responded to?

oh, im just pointing it out as something that has been stated within the thread itself ^^

Also, I agree with me fellow Tenno's statement, ME WANT NOW! xD

17 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Well.. i know exactly how to decorate a dojo. I own my dojo with some friend inside, and i have completely decorated it, i also think my decoration are better of a lot of other decoration in "featured dojo", but that's just personal thinking, I like to see other people dojo, the "featured dojo" and also the one of people i ask to invite me in case of trading.

I would like to visit some day , i too enjoy decoration and taking cues from others.

Decorating a dojo or a orbiter, and all this aspect of the game is also for me one of the most important part of the game. Some people like farm tridolon, other like roll riven, i like this aspect, and i usually write on the forum ideas and suggestion related to this. And since is one of my favourite aspect, i can say that dojo cannot be customized to what i'm requesting.

Yes there are limitations , my point is we should focus on Dojo changes to make it fit your request than creating a new system altogether.

-) Pianification: You should accurately plan your dojo before construct it, but sometimes new decoration and room got added, and all your your plan become useless. So this aspect should extremely need some attention by DE, allowing for example to move constructed room, store them, save a decoration layout for copy/paste it in another room and a way to store already constructed decoration instead of construct them every time. There are a lot of other thing that could be better under this aspect of "pianification".

I agree , i have made similar requests and suggestions in the past as well. It is one of the most requested items amongst the Decorator/ ikeaframe community.

-) Variety of room: as i say the variety of room is extremely low; more or less everything is "small garden", "big garden" "big hall". Just now we have the new "open space" tht's a really interesting room, but also extremely limited from its "just one door". I could write here a poem of infinite thing that could be added and creted there, but i limit to just the one for me are the most important:

1) More articulated room (aligned to grid): room with door on more level, "Y" hallway, "C" hallway, circular room, windowed room, stairs, and more to expand the dojo in height and shape
2) Thematic room (unaligned to grid): Room that have a theme based on the actual tyleset in the game. For now we have a semi-example with the entrati room and the infsted room, but those thing are still locked on the idea of be "a rectangle" same size of every other grand hall. My idea here is to take roomwith theyr shape and size from the tyleset and use them for dojo; for example from grineer asteroid, from underwater sealab, Lua, orokin set, and all the other. Just imagine how interesting could be?
3) Purpose-room (aligned to grid): Room with a basic decoration that look like the room is useful inside the dojo. Railjack room is a semi-example, cause it has also a real purpose (use and customize rj), but i think about engine room, cephalon room, reactor room, etc... used just for decoration like for example you have an engine room inside yuour dojo)

Yes could use some variety as already mentioned from existing tilesets as to your individual points.

1) You could edit existing gardens and rooms to make them different shaped rooms (i personally always just put a garden and cover it with decorations to look like something else instead of making smaller connectors), or combine multiple rooms to get the shape you need. As already mentioned you could also create the large halls and section them into the zones you want.

2) yeah , i too would like some of these - Or at least give me more earth textured decorations!.

3) Dojo overall needs some more utility outside of trade and research , so i agree.

-) Apparence and minor changes: room shoud have an "apparence" different fron only colour change. Could be interesting to apply skin to room, skin could be of two type, color path change, to have other design instead of the lotus one, and complete skin change, for axample transform the wall, floor and roof of a hallway in a caves or a underwater tunnel etc... etc... Could also be interesting to change the skybox of certain room (for example i don't like the RJ skybox with his giantic relay, and totally unsesed with other windowed room like observatory or windowed garden)

Yes , this too would be welcome.

-) Decoration: well.. useless to say, there could be infinite of them. Every texture, you see in regular map could be an interesting decoration for the dojo. I just want to remind that if you look to the map you regular paly, you'll see really and really an infinite ammount of item and object and decoration that could be lobvely to see in dojo.

They already started this with one of the earlier updates where natural decorations and other thematic decorations were made available.

I dont think i have anything against the decorations themselves as of now , there are a lot of them - i only wish we could manipulate them better.

Archived