Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was actually good in Warframe in 2020?

Scar.brother.help.me

From My point of view:
27.2.0 - Warframe Revised
Armor changes, scaling S-curve, enemy aim less instant + shield gating, arcane changes, self-damage to stagger/knockdown (though Primed Sure Footed is kind of a mandatory mod now), slight attempt to clean up rewards, some good QoL changes (plz more), status changes (more good than bad), Aura changes (thank god nobody forces me to put on Corrosive Projection anymore), wider Field of View, x100 BPs
28.1.0 - Steel Path
At least some place to use all of the earned and built gear but hope it will be more than just time gated acolytes farm for Kuva and Umbra forma each 2nd month.
29.0.0 - Hart Of Deimos Helminth
Finally some fun for veterans, with all of the flaws and imo unnecessary nerfs of some abilities that I still hate - this is in general the best thing that happened to the game this year

Warframe and railjack revised updates were both decent in my opinion, would say helminth as well, but the whole thing of it being nerfed before released(added to the fact most of the other abilities still have not been buffed(as was said in the devstream before) kind of decreased the appeal personally.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Deadlock Protocol: Story quest that showcases the new frame. I prefer this approach over having frame parts available to buy from syndicates with no story to back the frames up.

well to some point I agree with you, The only bad thing about it -  I used those golden hands twice - To farm Protea and new weps, and then again to farm Protea for Helminth. I enjoyed it a little but there is no point to go there ever again. Would be nice to get some new rewards there to farm from time to time.

20 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

Nothing, every change DE does leaves behind bugs or annoying mechanics they never fix and its adding up to the point where I wish they would just not change stuff anymore.

And no, Steel path to redo the entire star map or Helminth to grind all those warframes again, or the OV event that is as basic and boring as it gets, I don't call any of that "good".

There are lots of threads about what is bad (and I started quite a few of those) here I'd like to point out what was actually good, may be DE will notice some positive feedback. And come on, Helminth is good in general (I also had to farm lots of Warframes which I sold around Spring), I agree that nerfs were a bad choice, but the system is fun, I just wish they didn't leave it as it is and come back to the underdog abilities with some feedback from players.
Railjack - I still don't want to go there since the day it was created. Mayyyybe if they make it meaningful - I'll try again. I like the changes to the archwing controls but blink delay and penalty for using it too early is unpleasant and needs another look, some QoL change to make it pleasant, not frustrating (even if the overall speed remains the same).

27.3.0 - Warframe Arcanes buyable with Operation Credits.
Granted, that required a lot of Operation Scarlet Spear grinding, but at least it was doable without decent Amp and you were sure to get what you wanted. By putting my hands on those i sought, i could finally enjoy some Frames i had a hard time to up until then.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Deadlock Protocol: Story quest that showcases the new frame. I prefer this approach over having frame parts available to buy from syndicates with no story to back the frames up.

Agreed. My favorite aspect of that update was also the reworked Corpus Ship tileset, which I think took one of the worst tilesets in the game and made it into one of the best for our parkour. Given the popularity of that update and the mixture of apathy and disappointment players have had for Heart of Deimos, I think the lesson to learn there is that there is room for updates that improve the game's existing content, and that if DE really wants to change for the better, they ought to work more on those instead of more content islands.

15 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Warframe and railjack revised updates were both decent in my opinion, would say helminth as well, but the whole thing of it being nerfed before released(added to the fact most of the other abilities still have not been buffed(as was said in the devstream before) kind of decreased the appeal personally.

completely agree with you and hope that DE will go back to it and improves the Helminth system further.
I'd be glad to be able to change 2 abilities (because lots of warframes have more than 1 bad ability :D):
one ability for any other as it is now and one more for at least Helminth own (Speed Boost, auto-hack, empower, etc)

4 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

27.3.0 - Warframe Arcanes buyable with Operation Credits.
Granted, that required a lot of Operation Scarlet Spear grinding, but at least it was doable without decent Amp and you were sure to get what you wanted. By putting my hands on those i sought, i could finally enjoy some Frames i had a hard time to up until then.

Well yes, I farmed most of my arcanes there, I feel sorry for dedicated Eidolon hunters as it devaluated their efforts in farming those. And the event was a broken fun and they let us have it till the end, too bad they nerfed that Exodia Arcane after that, if wasn't OP and even if Limbo could abuse it - no one cared

8 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Agreed. My favorite aspect of that update was also the reworked Corpus Ship tileset, which I think took one of the worst tilesets in the game and made it into one of the best for our parkour. Given the popularity of that update and the mixture of apathy and disappointment players have had for Heart of Deimos, I think the lesson to learn there is that there is room for updates that improve the game's existing content, and that if DE really wants to change for the better, they ought to work more on those instead of more content islands.

You are right, DE does very well with visual part of their game, this is one of the strongest sides of DE team. Even though I am more into gameplay - I must admit - designs are well done.

Focused farming through tokens is something that was really used a lot this year, and I really like it. You want a thing? You go earn the tokens. Fantastic! I still don't have my second Protea for Helminth because the farm RNG has just sucked.

Corpus rework was great.

The extra challenge has been fun on Steel Path too.

I liked some of the design and new mission types on Deimos, even if not necessarily liking the mechs.

The updates that came during 2020 basically made me stop playing the game and I used to be on daily so.....  beginning of the year it just meant I played less, each subsequent update made the game less 'fun' for me then CD and the new 'mechs' just hammered the nail in, especially with the performance issues I had when I first tried it (pc is well above necessary).

Basically the more DE took things away from the 'warframes' the less interested in the game I became...

Hearts of Deimos in August 2020 for several reasons:

• Integrating isolated content (Requiem Words) into a very relevant world-building element
  • Bringing the Infested back into the mainline spotlight since Plague Star and Nightwave Season 2: The Emissary
  • Refresh and retake on the Orokins, the Entrati in particular. Their architecture stands out from standard Orokin design as seen in the Void towers and what they do is one of the reason why Tenno exists in the Warframe universe in the first place.

Most importantly, the update upholds the promise made in Tennocon 2020: to deliver content similar to what was presented in Tennoncon 2020. As of now, promises of Tennocon 2018 and 2019 (Empryean against the Corpus, Kuva Liches being integrated into Empyrean, and the New War) are still being worked on due to being overambitious. 

1 час назад, Scar.brother.help.me сказал:

From My point of view:
27.2.0 - Warframe Revised
Armor changes, scaling S-curve, enemy aim less instant + shield gating, arcane changes, self-damage to stagger/knockdown (though Primed Sure Footed is kind of a mandatory mod now), slight attempt to clean up rewards, some good QoL changes (plz more), status changes (more good than bad), Aura changes (thank god nobody forces me to put on Corrosive Projection anymore), wider Field of View, x100 BPs
28.1.0 - Steel Path
At least some place to use all of the earned and built gear but hope it will be more than just time gated acolytes farm for Kuva and Umbra forma each 2nd month.
29.0.0 - Hart Of Deimos Helminth
Finally some fun for veterans, with all of the flaws and imo unnecessary nerfs of some abilities that I still hate - this is in general the best thing that happened to the game this year

shield gating if it even was in 2020 and nothing but

Deadlock protocol was great, and so were the changes to the corpus ship tileset. 
Railjack revised was good overall, while I had already had a nearly maxed out railjack, it made an overall better time to play and farm things. The archgun changes in space still annoy me.
I like the mechs personally, mostly for the aesthetics.
The design of deimos was pretty nice, albeit smaller than i would have liked for an open map. 
Lavos has been a ton of fun to play, along with the Cedo. 
The glaive changes are fantastic.
Scarlet spear pretty much killed the need to ever do tridolons, except for riven transmuters for me. 
Helminth has been enjoyable, flawed in execution (looking at you mr 14 and below casuals) but enjoyable. 
The armor scaling change was pretty good overall. 
The warframe revised update was pretty solid, minus the shield gating/dragon key clutch that you see everywhere with people saying "god buildz". 

I literally stopped playing after arcana came out for like three weeks, it was so awful.  They went and changed everything I had to given feedback for on the PTC forum, but it was too late for me so that's just a whole section of the game I'm not dipping my toes into anytime soon.  

Steel Path is so lazy, I don't think I could even call it a joke. The only thing they did was limit the amount of consumables you can spam. Buffing enemies isn't content and anyone playing as long as I have know exactly what's going to work.

Self damage being removed because people can't aim, and steel essence being removed because people can't farm is my biggest gripe this year besides arcana. 

I think 2020 was the most divisive year for me on this game.

Deadlock wasn't bad; gave us Protea, who's awesome, great weapons in Stahlta and Stropha, and the Corpus Ship rematser was long overdue and executed well.

Necramechs are great, as is the Cambion Drift. the rest of Deimos is.. meh at best. Arcana brought in some much needed fixes.

I'd put Orphix Venom up here, but it still ain't here for consoles yet. it seemed to be received very well though and I want it; I want to see if Sentients can adapt to a pair of 120mm-or-whatever mortars raining down millions of damage upon them!

my first orphix run be like: *point's Arquebex at Sentients* "Adapt to this!"

The Matrix: Dodge this on Make a GIF

6 hours ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

the fact most of the other abilities still have not been buffed(as was said in the devstream before)

I really don't know why they keep saying things they never get around to doing in these dev streams.  I don't what to call them liers,  been it's gotten to the point that I no longer believe harf the stuff they say. . 

Helminth is really nice! It's not perfect because of a lot of the Warframe skills in it being really poor, but I don't want to only focus on the negatives of it because it also really does open more gameplay options and let you tailor frames to play styles which is amazing. I hope they can use it to select and buff those weak skills in the future.

Steel Path is also great! I'd really like to see them polish this a bit and expand the game play selection for it too.

I think this year was pretty fine overall. Obviously the pandemic #*!%ed quite a bit with future plans. With that in mind:

Deadlock protocol was really nice. I like the new ships. Finally there's enough space for our parkour capabilities.

Deimos was nice. As always the new open world map looks great. The enemies look nice. This open world is more challenging I feel like. There's a lot to do. The Nechramechs are fantastic and can't wait to use them in the normal missions. 

Lavos is a really nice frame. I like him a lot. Ever since I got my hands on him, I've been playing with him. He's a well balanced frame and overall he only needs a few Qol changes.

The new event is nice, simple and straight forward. It's a nice place to test the Mechs. Not just for those who have them but the New players can also play with them.

Glaives are really nice now I like that rework also.

Next year tho I want them to do better. Deliver less buggy content, listen to the test cluster ppl more. And if they are about to do changes to a widely used frame or ability at least "warn" the players or just ask them on the matter. We had Gauss, Hildryn, Grendel and they made changes based on players' feedback. Do the same with the others. At least maybe with that they won't get such a massive backlash.

And do something about Nightwave. I'm not gonna be forgiving with this one. Glassmaker stayed around for way too long. Nora became more annoying than ever. The new enemies also became really annoying. And sometimes I even want to swap out the entire system with the alerts "system" so I don't have to deal with it.

Archived