Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was actually good in Warframe in 2020?

Scar.brother.help.me

7 hours ago, Yakhul said:

It is sad, but 2020 really showed the gaming community, how toxic the face of the warframe community is.

I would be a fool if I overlooked the clear mishaps and mistakes of DE during 2020, but in my humble opinion, it wasn't even enough to warrant this level of toxicity and negativity, shielded as "negative feedback is best feedback"

But negatively has more to do with the railjack release. . Now alot of players not trust and are mad at DE. To me it's for DE to fix    not the community. ... if their next railjack update is good. .  Things will start getting better. .

2 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

But negatively has more to do with the railjack release. . Now alot of players not trust and are mad at DE. To me it's for DE to fix    not the community. ... if their next railjack update is good. .  Things will start getting better. .

okay here is the thing ; what they showed and what we got was clearly not there . Some have said in the past that ' cant they show whats in their minds , do everything has to be PR speech? ' to that my answer is , for once maybe although its bad publicity but they did it with the kingpin system not being delivered as been showed as well , and railack-liches were supposed to be a combined content as well and thats not here as well . 

At the end of the day a person can take so much non delivary and misrepresentation . If this was a player expectation solely and DE not delivering that it would be fine because they are  not obliged to but when you show something in a public setting with sinematics and say this is what you will get and not deliver that is another thing , and internet never forgets thats the thing about internet .

All these forum warriors come up with 'do you know hard it is to implement x and y and collide them together , coding is hard ' , then dont show it in a public setting ?? hello . Its not hard to NOT show , if you cant do it then dont tease people into oblivion multiple times. At least demios wasnt a dreamland clownshow , they delivered what they have shown.

38 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

All these forum warriors come up with 'do you know hard it is to implement x and y and collide them together , coding is hard ' , then dont show it in a public setting ?? hello . Its not hard to NOT show , if you cant do it then dont tease people into oblivion multiple times. At least demios wasnt a dreamland clownshow , they delivered what they have shown.

Is not about being a "Forum warrior" or coding. I do believe some people here may know some coding, and i also believe there are some that do not know anything about coding or even programming. I fall into the category of not knowing anything related to coding, programming, or the process of game development, so I refrain myself from speaking as if i knew about the topic, because I don't.

Some people however, overestimate their own knowledge on the topic, (read about dunning kruger effect) and speak as if they knew how to fix DE mishaps, as if they could do it better, yet we see no results from these people. One thing i can tell you is that even for someone like me, is not hard to guess and even see, that the process of developing a game is not as easy as these people portray it. It isn't just "code something in a day anyone can do it".

I will correct myself: I did actually studied for a programming career, could never finish, but i got the gist of what goes into the whole process of developing a game as massive as Warframe. Is not just the coding part, you have to create the concept, the art assets, Voice lines, testing, integrate everything into the core game, and many MANY more things, all under a tight schedule that was made even more tight due to the COVID-19 So is not just a 1 day process as some people in the past claimed (cough cough... Nights of Naberius)

Sure, DE admitted that showing something that did not made it into the game, for the sake of creating hype, was their wrongdoing, but acting as if we can do a better job than DE, is kind of hypocritical of us, the community, to say, at least, from the minority that claims that "coding is easy and i can code a shop in 1 day"

3 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

At the end of the day DE are ripping what they sown, they have not only lost alot of players,  they also lost alot of respect. . The way warframe is talked about these days in the gaming community isn't good anymore. ..  3 years ago it was " just play warframe,  it's better and it free " now it's " the games is dieing,  not happy go play something else "   ..

58 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

At the end of the day DE are ripping what they sown, they have not only lost alot of players,  they also lost alot of respect. . The way warframe is talked about these days in the gaming community isn't good anymore. ..  3 years ago it was " just play warframe,  it's better and it free " now it's " the games is dieing,  not happy go play something else "   ..

That isn't the opinion of everyone tho. What you see is the result of not only DE not being able to manage the situation better, but also the result of the face of the community becoming more toxic and negative SPECIALLY since the pandemic started. If you do not know who the face of the community is, they are the content creators. A lot of them really only know how to talk crap about DE and warframe, some have valid points, and know how to properly do a critic without sounding hateful, but others? You should know by now which of the content creators give bad face not just to the game and DE, but to the entire Warframe Community.

And unfortunately, being a negative mofo these days, is the way to go, because if you aren't hating and criticizing DE on a daily basis, you are not part of the cool kids club.

Fearmongering, based on incomplete charts (Steam charts is what these people use to claim that the game is "dying") and on pure hate because the game is no longer what you wanted it to be, only causes you to become part of the problem, instead of being part of the solution.

Perhaps is because i like to stay positive even when i recognize that the game has some clear issues that need the attention of the developers this year, but I like to believe that by staying positive, without ignoring the problems with the game, but also not turning em into a talking point to start up drama or speculations, and instead, addressing them properly by posting in the correct subforums, having a civil discussion in the General Discussion subforum instead of the daily fearmongering thread, or sending DE a ticket addressing an issue with the game, I am being part of the solution to the problem.

But that is just my opinion.

On 2021-01-16 at 11:39 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

From My point of view:
27.2.0 - Warframe Revised
Armor changes, scaling S-curve, enemy aim less instant + shield gating, arcane changes, self-damage to stagger/knockdown (though Primed Sure Footed is kind of a mandatory mod now), slight attempt to clean up rewards, some good QoL changes (plz more), status changes (more good than bad), Aura changes (thank god nobody forces me to put on Corrosive Projection anymore), wider Field of View, x100 BPs
29.0.0 - Heart Of Deimos Helminth
Finally some fun for veterans, with all of the flaws and imo unnecessary nerfs of some abilities that I still hate - this is in general the best thing that happened to the game this year

I agree with everything except the change for self damage, I hate how you are unable to kill yourself and the following nerfs to good weapons like the bramma(even if I hated it because if the horrible sound, I knew it was strong and usable before) because of this.

I will add the glaive changes - finally glaives are as strong as they should be. I had fun for them for a month or two, they are in an amazing spot right now, I will not be entirely sad if they delete them now because I had enough time to enjoy the perfect version of the glaive.

23 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Yet unfortunately, with the clearly slower pace of work due to the pandemic, most if not all of the positives of 2020, were completely overlooked by the growing toxic negativity that surfaced from the content creators.

Favorite quote from a content creator this year: Clark (nosympathyy) saying those hating on the khora nerf are just haters. 

Just point it out there lol

2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Steel path and helminth is all I really found worthwhile about 2020, a lot of it was released too early in development, and went untested by test clusters, and/or feedback from test clusters was completely ignored.

steel path was actually nerfed when it was released , we know that by the content creators saying they were a lot(enemies/ai) weaker in test servers

48 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

steel path was actually nerfed when it was released , we know that by the content creators saying they were a lot(enemies/ai) weaker in test servers

I mean as of right now, today's state of steel path, its one of the few thing i myself found worthwhile about all the 2020 updates. If i had to say something about the difficulty, i'd say certain grinner a bit too tanky, not all grinner tho, mosty the heavy gunners, nox, maybe napalms, and bombards, infested disruptors need a rework, and the corpus, might be a bit too easy to kill, but do fine damage.

I liked the deadlock protocol quest. But after the parts of the warframe and weapons are completed the coins lose their usefulness ... they could be used for something. I hope that from now on you will focus on railjack ... I think railjack is the only thing that can extend the life of the game a little more.

People like the old self damage? Can't say I like getting murked everytime a grenade got caught on the terrain or a teammate decided to randomly run in front of me. Then there were the people with weapons like the Acceltra who just spam explosions with zero negative effect which is still a thing.

Deimos overall is a great update. Vault runs were fun if a little repetitive. Helminth changes were interesting and gave new purpose to old Warframes when replaced with their prime counterparts. Necramechs are the archwing equivalent of ground vehicles. Along with all the usual open world nuances. They improved mineral mining with the indicator and bonus tags for captures was a welcome change. And the token system was expanding upon Ticker's bonds. 

Railjack feels more functional than when it first dropped but requiring a dojo and your own ship to actually do anything with it is absurd. Hopefully the Corpus update will make it more accessible. 

Corpus ship update introduced yet another DPS or DONT game mode which we don't need more of. The gauntlets are gaudy too. Otherwise it's an interesting tileset. But I don't like how it replaced literally every ship and adorned it with their Gary Stu that no one heard of until just now.

Steel Path was a whole lotta nothing. I still don't see any reason to run it. Just shows how poorly concieved the damage system is. I now have viral on everything. Oh joy.

Don't like the new direction of 5+ forma mandatory weapons and equipment. I'm making forma every day and still can't keep up. It's tiring. 

as crazy as it sounds, i think deimos needs to be redone, at least, partially, not entirely, the cambion drift needs to be cleaned up in the "everything isn't everywhere" kinda way, i'd think kinda like an infested redwood forest type thing, where structures are tall, not wide end everywhere, messing with enemies spawn locations

The entrati and Lore, don't really make much sense in contrast to the game. The orokin, a race that called us tenno, demons and wanted us gone, used us as a last resort against the sentients, and for them sentencing margulas to "the jade light" (death), we massacered them for it after we were done fighting the sentients, and the orokin were rewarding us with a ceremony.

Yet somehow, this one orokin family on deimos is seen as just fine, ok to be around. wouldn't the tenno have gone after them too? im sure not EVERY orokin would've been present at the ceremony, and so we must have in some way gone and hunted them down.

Father during the quest says "Look, you were the second wave, kid. The Necramechs were Void-shielded, Sentient-pulse immune... as bright as a bag of hammers and just as dependable. Not like you". That very sentance, contridicts itself, if we're "the second wave" why are we not "sentient pulse immune?" why would somethat that was used before us, superior to these waves, why was this "void shielding" not given to us, furthermore why would shielding something from void, something sentients cannot use, harness, or adapt too, not be affected by the sentient pulse. it came first, if it was immune to these sentient pulses, why would there need to be a second wave.

This is only one issue, another is the supposed "closing of the void", which A) should not be possible, fissures exist and imply the void cannot just be closed off or cut off, and B) shouldn't be possible, becuase the void is supposed to be everywhere, if it weren't, our frames wouldn't work ,anywhere except the void.

The "heart of deimos" is supposedly what creates the void, or filters it, or what not, but from what i can tell, it was made AFTER we got void powers... so it breaking, shouldn't affect us at all, and our frames are powered by us directly.

Those are just a couple of lore contradictions, that seem to obey different rules from what the lore already set up, has. If this is a retcon, doesn't work when you don't take out or change the old lore to match it. 

the big negative point I saw in 2020 was the open world deimos ... I thought they did it in a hurry and without any news that this world was being made. It is such a small map that it gets smaller than many conventional maps. Not to mention iso vaults ... they take unnecessary time from players. It could be something more "hack and slash" ... come in to look for mysterious cabinets and leave quickly.

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

as crazy as it sounds, i think deimos needs to be redone, at least, partially, not entirely, the cambion drift needs to be cleaned up in the "everything isn't everywhere" kinda way, i'd think kinda like an infested redwood forest type thing, where structures are tall, not wide end everywhere, messing with enemies spawn locations

The entrati and Lore, don't really make much sense in contrast to the game. The orokin, a race that called us tenno, demons and wanted us gone, used us as a last resort against the sentients, and for them sentencing margulas to "the jade light" (death), we massacered them for it after we were done fighting the sentients, and the orokin were rewarding us with a ceremony.

Yet somehow, this one orokin family on deimos is seen as just fine, ok to be around. wouldn't the tenno have gone after them too? im sure not EVERY orokin would've been present at the ceremony, and so we must have in some way gone and hunted them down.

Father during the quest says "Look, you were the second wave, kid. The Necramechs were Void-shielded, Sentient-pulse immune... as bright as a bag of hammers and just as dependable. Not like you". That very sentance, contridicts itself, if we're "the second wave" why are we not "sentient pulse immune?" why would somethat that was used before us, superior to these waves, why was this "void shielding" not given to us, furthermore why would shielding something from void, something sentients cannot use, harness, or adapt too, not be affected by the sentient pulse. it came first, if it was immune to these sentient pulses, why would there need to be a second wave.

This is only one issue, another is the supposed "closing of the void", which A) should not be possible, fissures exist and imply the void cannot just be closed off or cut off, and B) shouldn't be possible, becuase the void is supposed to be everywhere, if it weren't, our frames wouldn't work ,anywhere except the void.

The "heart of deimos" is supposedly what creates the void, or filters it, or what not, but from what i can tell, it was made AFTER we got void powers... so it breaking, shouldn't affect us at all, and our frames are powered by us directly.

Those are just a couple of lore contradictions, that seem to obey different rules from what the lore already set up, has. If this is a retcon, doesn't work when you don't take out or change the old lore to match it. 

we don't talk about plotholes here 😳

Alot of things actually.

• Deadlock Protocol
  • Steel Path, especially now with Acolytes etc
  • Railjack (technically 2019, but eh, dont care)
  • Warframe Revised
  • Helminth System
  • Deimos Quest
  • Orphix Venom (mostly because i didnt burn out my self)

And alot more (specific weapons, Lavos's cooldown based abilities, Necramechs, the lore of the Entrati and the Void, Scarlet Spear's idea, aesthetics and sound design, but not it's execution), but cant remember all of them at the top of my head.

So keep yp the good work DE and thanks for this amazing game ^^

Helminth brought me back to the game. Then they kneejerk nuked MfD, which I didn't even use, and tried to convince me that the ability was never intended to do more damage than the enemy's max health, which is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. Maybe with the fact that that would have taken five minutes to test?

Like I said, I was so insulted that they expected me to believe that they were that incompetent that even though I loved Helminth, I ended up putting the game down until about a week ago. 

And it's still the best thing from last year.

Primes in 2020 were all pretty solid.  The new frames in 2020 were interesting.

I enjoyed Scarlet Spear quite a bit.

Steel Path is great, wish I had more time to delve into clearing those nodes.

Helminth generally good. 

QoL changes to the UI in general for 2020, I'm not about to go listing them though.

I enjoyed Deadlock Protocol. Unlike most things DE releases, it wasn't broken out of the gate. It mostly worked and did what it was supposed to do and actually progressed the story of Warframe. Protea didn't need that many revisions, just a few small buffs. I think the Xoris nerf sucked and was unnecessary, but that's nothing compared to some other nerfs DE have handed down before.

Revised was good and necessary, we got quests and lore, as well as a few things that were random threads (like helminth) being expanded and integrated. 

I enjoyed Deimos part 1, part 2 I'm waiting for the bounty changes before I go back, though I'm so close to mr 30 now I might just wait for the next prime to come along as that'll tip me over instead.

I really can't say I've enjoyed the new frames that much though. Protea had some useful tools, Xaku, just eh, and Lavos I've literally just blazed to max rank and forgotten about. 

On 2021-01-19 at 12:42 AM, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Well I say where there's smoke there's fire.  Even Tac potato just slammed the game. . And he's the most positive content creation out their.  The Games in trouble,  that's a fact , not an opinion.   But it's tencents problem now. ...

I mean, if you think game is in trouble because of tencent then you are free to leave anytime right?

Those who still enjoy the game will stay. Those who don't will move on to keep the Neverending cycle of finding a game that meets your standards, alive. 

Archived