Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Purposely Extracting in fissures when reward screen pops up needs to be dealt with

(PSN)KCGrimReaper15

Just had some dude pull this stunt we wasted 30 minutes of our lives only to get 25 minutes of rewards 

Dude seems to have this glitch mastered & has done this on purpose multiple times 

Basically he started the timer at like 29 min Mark by time the rewards screen was about to pop up the extraction timer hit 0 & we didn't even get to pick our reward

Then after we extract we close our app or run another mission & not one inbox message with the reward has appeared so he purposly glitched it to not give us a reward..

+ you know he intentionally did it because I tried to ask him why he did it & he was offline.

Is it even possible to report players like this because I looked for the option under the report tab but didn't see what I was looking for so opted to not report to avoid filing a false report since DE so strict on that..

That said people like this dude really need to be punished like suspended or something for doing something so rude & mean it's not cool..

I really wish DE would fix it where people can't abuse this by making the reward screen take like 30+ seconds before it goes away or it locks up the reward screen until host migration is over & everyone is back in  allowing us to pick our reward .. this will prevent toxic players from pulling this stunt.. 

This dude was the host to so it was definitely his intent..is there anyway to turn this guy in on warframe ps4??  if so which option should I select thanks for those who chime in...

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

On the Support site, select Submit a Request, then Report User or Hack. Outline everything that happened.

Screenshots help a lot, as otherwise it tends to be a "he said/she said" sort of thing. Video is even better, if you can.

Awesome thank you man unfortunately I wasn't able to capture screens or video because everyone was caught off guard because based off extraction timer we appeared to have enough time 

But turned out not to be the case he seems to have mastered how to do to this to avoid drawing suspicions... 

Guess I'm SOL on getting him suspended or whatever :(

Just now, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Awesome thank you man unfortunately I wasn't able to capture screens or video because everyone was caught off guard because based off extraction timer we appeared to have enough time 

But turned out not to be the case he seems to have mastered how to do to this to avoid drawing suspicions... 

Guess I'm SOL on getting him suspended or whatever :(

Still file the report. If enough different players report the same thing, DE will look into the account to see if they are telling the truth. Pictures and Video just make it easier.

2 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

+ you know he intentionally did it because I tried to ask him why he did it & he was offline.

No, you don't know. That's an assumption, you're Projecting motivations onto other people that you cannot actually be certain of.

It may also be that the run was going longer than expected, he needed to be someplace, so quit out of WF ASAP cause he had to be someplace else. Like "I can do another 5 mins, ohno overestimated! gotta quit now now now!"

The fact that he went Offline immediately supports this possibility. An actual troll would stay online to gloat over PMs.

From his persepective the timer might have actually finished, and its may be just lag that meant you guys hit 29:59

especially if he was host with a lagged network.

Please don't trust random hosts on the internet. If someone extracts...extract with them. Their names are on the screen and the 1 is next to their name. 

A lot of bad players like to use the efficiency excuse for their terrible reasoning and logic. Always be aware of this. He was being "efficient" by timing extraction with the 29:59 or whatever, which is ridiculous. 

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I can't see why he would be punished if he was the host and just extracted, yeah that situation probably sucked but he's not exactly breaking any rules

Because he did it knowing the next reward was coming up he didn't even bother to pick up rachets during the last 5 minutes... he lead 0 but assigned a relic but proceeded to kill near extraction we all asked him to please wait until we got to pick reward & we all would extract but he didn't respond..

I've logged back in & still haven't received my reward :(  looks like i lost a forma blueprint or a prime part do forma blueprints get sent to your inbox the way prime parts do? If not this could explain why I have yet to get my part..

Atleast I got my 7k nightwave standing & other stuff I just hate when people do this.. very annoying.. 

Regardless of said player's intent, it's the developers' fault and responsibility.

Because now you are going to have it in the back of your mind everytime, worry, getting stressed out and having a negative experience and having to be suspicious of other players.

That's bad game design.

Would you enjoy trading if the trade window could be manipulated.

And is this the first time there is a problem with host migration and information loss. 

Unfortunately doing something about it seems to be 'our problem', so number one you have to move past it without turning negative about the game, for your own sake and second find a way around the problem.

For longer missions you decide you aren't willing to take the risk, so you either play with people you know or make sure you are the host.

Or you decide it doesn't matter, if you didn't get paid you at least didn't lose a relic.

I mean I am sure there are - some - lamers out there in warframe but I very rarely run into negative people who aren't kind and helpful, so don't give up on people.

Blame the people who actually created the problem and refuse to even talk about it. Take it into the feedback forum and explain the practical side of the problem as detailed as possible with no cursing and no emotion.

If you are really, really professional you bite your tongue and decide to open and close your feedback posts with compliments, lol. Knowing it's more inclined to read and considered.

Not because it's warranted but because you want to focus on getting results, ironically.

So stay positive and move in to take control of the situation 🙂

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

From his persepective the timer might have actually finished, and its may be just lag that meant you guys hit 29:59

in fissures you dont get the relic reward at the 30m mark, you have to wait for the countdown afterword, thats what OP was talking about

This is a tough one as you said this is a 1 time for you situation and you THINK he did this on purpose. 

If this was done on purpose, this time you gotta suck it up and move forward with the game as that player might be doing a troll on players, might have not known what would happen, or only had a certain amount of time to play. I had 38 minutes to do a ARBI Survival today and informed the squad of this. We dipped out at 36:47 and got all the stuff we could.

Now since you did not get a letter from Ordis saying this was your reward from an error in the last mission, I presume you got everything else besides the Forma pick from your Relic. Those do not give messages from my experience with issues at pick Reward screen. I have seen my Forma BP go up when Host Migration has hit a few times during issues with the Reward screen. 

If this is a new way to disrupt play, make sure to place that person in your IGNORE list to give better chance of this not happening with them again...or FRIEND them and put a Note about them so if they show up and the exact thing happens, you can record and send it off. But mainly, to keep your faith about you and in the game, attempt to either be the Host or watch them Host. They like to dip out and sometimes of late, the timer does not pop to let you know there is someone in Extraction. Has happened a few times on Pluto to myself and then gotta do the whole FOHM wait while the game either loads you back into the mission or takes you to your ship with no rewards at all. FOHM (Fear Of Host Migration) is real and we gonna have to deal with it til all are on Next Gen...and it may still happen.

Keep the faith, play on but when going for that 30 min time...stay vigilant. Never know what can actually happen or what a player will do.

First of all, what type of mission was this?

Because: 

7 hours ago, (PSN)Shelneroth said:

You can individualy extract in survival and excavation.

I've stayed in missions countless times while others extracted. Even if the host extracted, you'll get one of those dreaded "host migration" message and need to watch ships flying loading screen for a couple of seconds. Then you'll be brought back to the mission and can continue doing it for as long as you want.

If you got one of those host migration bug where the rest of the team failed the mission as the host extracted, then this should be reported under the category of that exact bug. There are plenty of people experiencing it, and the more people annoys DE to fix it, the better.

=============

Because i just can't figure out the context here. Fissures? Pop up reward screen? Are talking about void fissure missions that you do to open relics? Pop up as in you select rewards from all four players?

Because if it is, you only lost 4 minutes of progress, only for the last rotation. I don't think anyone should lose sleep over it. You don't lose your forma bp or prime parts from the relic. Worst case scenario the person who extracted didn't got included in said "pop up reward screen" and you only get to chose 3 rewards instead of 4.

And no, reward from those missions aren't sent via inbox. You got them immediately as you select them. Rotation rewards are registered the moment it pops up on bottom left of your screen.

7k nw standings? Does this mean that he was doing the kuva survival weekly challenge in taveuni? That means it's not a fissure run. I don't remember any prime parts are in taveuni drop table. I'm confused.

Secondly -if it is, when you want to open relics.. capture, extermination or rescue is the more suggested methods. The only people who do survival, excavation, or defense to open relics are veterans who are REALLY bored and need more challenge.

=============

Sorry I'm so lost at what OP is trying to complain about here.

If i got it all wrong somebody please shed some light to this old chap.

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It may also be that the run was going longer than expected, he needed to be someplace, so quit out of WF ASAP cause he had to be someplace else. Like "I can do another 5 mins, ohno overestimated! gotta quit now now now!"

i don't see how's that an excuse

8 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Just had some dude pull this stunt we wasted 30 minutes of our lives only to get 25 minutes of rewards 

Dude seems to have this glitch mastered & has done this on purpose multiple times 

Basically he started the timer at like 29 min Mark by time the rewards screen was about to pop up the extraction timer hit 0 & we didn't even get to pick our reward

Then after we extract we close our app or run another mission & not one inbox message with the reward has appeared so he purposly glitched it to not give us a reward..

Is it even possible to report players like this because I looked for the option under the report tab but didn't see what I was looking for so opted to not report to avoid filing a false report since DE so strict on that..

That said people like this dude really need to be punished like suspended or something for doing something so rude & mean it's not cool..

I really wish DE would fix it where people can't abuse this by making the reward screen take like 30+ seconds before it goes away or it locks up the reward screen until host migration is over & everyone is back in  allowing us to pick our reward .. this will prevent toxic players from pulling this stunt.. 

This dude was the host to so it was definitely his intent..is there anyway to turn this guy in on warframe ps4??  if so which option should I select thanks for those who chime in...

Ok first, how many time did you encounter this situation, 3 times? 5 times? with the same dude?

Second, since you said he went offline, how did you know if he did not also get that bug himself and was frustratingly rage quit just sooner than you and not noticing your message (or even if he could respond back in english or the language you pm him with). What make you so certain that his internet wasn't just got cut off at a really bad time and it's not also a bad experience for him?

Third, why do you keep running or bumping into the same guy if it was like the 5th times this happen and you super confirmed he did this? how could he be your host every single time to pull it off? If it's only one time or even two, then how are you even sure that this is a glitch could be reliably replicated to the point of  being use with malice intent?

Finally, did you even check if that last round consumed your relic? does your 4 minutes of no reward worth this shenanigan? 

best way to avoid host migration is to check who's the host. it's whoever has the 1 as their waypoint number. if an extraction notice pops up I check the map to see who it is (you can tell by their frame Icon. always check what frame the host is using, then you know if that frame is near extraction and a timer is up, that you're about to get migrated. at that point I leave.

if other client players leave, or if I'm the one hosting, then I just go for as long as I can be bothered. while it is definitely a bit annoying for an extraction/migration to happen just before a rotation ends, this is an unfortunate risk of public games, and to some degree, a little extra situational awareness can help. 

45 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

i don't see how's that an excuse

Because Intent Matters.

See This: It means if that was actually the case; then it wasn't malicious, rather an unfortunate timing circumstance that triggered a migration glitch.

Migrations Glitches are pretty common and DE needs to fix them so this kind of situation doesn't happen either inadvertently or intentionally.

Now, we can't know for certain if it was malicious or accident, cause we weren't there in the guy's head; But I would presume innocence for lack for proof otherwise.

I dunno. If they were aiming to troll why not do it after the first relic? Why wait half an hour? Personally I'm leaning towards them needing to be afk pronto. People not responding in chat isn't exactly rare, in fact people replying is more rare from my experience.

How do you know they've done this multiple times? Have you played with them before? Has someone you know played with them before? Because them happening to extract right at that mark once isn't proof of anything.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Because Intent Matters.

See This: It means if that was actually the case; then it wasn't malicious, rather an unfortunate timing circumstance that triggered a migration glitch.

Migrations Glitches are pretty common and DE needs to fix them so this kind of situation doesn't happen either inadvertently or intentionally.

Now, we can't know for certain if it was malicious or accident, cause we weren't there in the guy's head; But I would presume innocence for lack for proof otherwise.

Punishment for interrupting online gameplay should be (and is at other places) universal. If you're late from school, work, your wedding, or your grandmother's funeral, it's none of my business and don't make it other's business either. If you knew you've got to leave in 20mins, don't join a raid/dungeon/whatever, then act all innocent as if it was all out of your control.

Intent matters, but only in extremely rare cases, i.e someone broke into your house, SO started cutting veins, your car exploded. etc., <- these things are out of your control

When you decide to play a video a game and know exactly when your time is up, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

And yes I understand that due to lack of proof it's unknown if it was the bug or not, so I'm not advocating the punishment of that guy (but solely because in a large part it's DE's fault), however, "i was being late from X" is an automatic no-brain punishment in my book. I'd sooner excuse a kid being forced to go AFK because their mom called them, than someone who's being late from somewhere, because that only shows lack of self-control and above that, proof that they hold the GP experience of other players in little regard.

MOBAs do the punishment extremely well, and DE should get more creative than "lmao we banned you for 3 decades xDDDDD"

can be difficult. you have to be able to prove. but even if many complain, someone can be banned.
There does not have to be a reason for a ban: simply read through the contract again.

and it's not just about the player either. that doesn't work properly and that shouldn't be possible at all!

a solution for not enough fissures should also be found. new players don't always know that fissures have to be picked up immediately. because later they don't spawn anymore and you have to walk back.

Archived