Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove “cold steel” from nightwave

(PSN)Vexx757

8 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

This is far worse than the Profit-Taker Orb.

^ Subjective.

My opinion is the opposite of your opinion above.

I find killing 1000 Steal path enemies far more enjoyable than the trash that is Profit Taker.

To be honest I don't think this NW goal should be removed at all. There are tons of NW objectives that exist that various players do not enjoy. This one is no different; you either choose to complete it or you don't. However I would support those who would like the amount of enemy kills lowered as not everyone enjoys what I do and shouldn't be expected to.

3 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

I find killing 1000 Steal path enemies far more enjoyable than the mess that is Profit Taker.

I don't even have profit taker unlocked yet, but I certainly can do 10 minutes of eris survival. 1000 steel path enemies go by so much faster than 500 not-steel path enemies simply because of the immense spawn rate the mode has. A lot of elite quests are way, way worse than this one.

Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst? I can get bent unless my dojo master carries me.

Profit Taker? If I grind all week I might unlock it to even start trying.

Ropalolyst? What an awful fight. Much respect to people who own a wisp.

500 Archgun kills? Not so bad now, but man did this suck before I got a mech. Straight up an hour of repeating empty missions.

I doubt I even have to elaborate on "Kill or convert a Kuva lich".

Eh, as a challenge it's kinda whatever to me. I'm not fond of SP as I just don't find it enjoyable. That said it isn't hard to do, just a slightly more time consuming NW chore. I never bother with the Harry cap/kill since it's just not feasible to me, maybe one day it will be. Used to not bother with PT either but now I can do that one and do it solo no prob. Just skip what you can't or don't want to do, in the end it really doesn't matter. I see no reason to remove it though, just as I'd never ask them to remove the Harry cap/kill one despite that one being pretty much my only NW roadblock at this point. Hell, I kinda miss the old 60m Kuva Survival one but no...too much for some. Cest la vie...

2 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Gosh, it's almost as if Nightwave was a bad idea from the start and we should have kept Alerts.

I play way too much and I got far more nitain and such when it was alerts, but even I can see that decoupling the items that now appear in Nora's store from a strict hourly schedule was better for most players. And before you say "then just have everything available all the time", that would just lead to more people getting everything so quickly that they jump to whining about content droughts even faster.

13 hours ago, Aesthier said:

My opinion is the opposite of your opinion above.

I find killing 1000 Steal path enemies far more enjoyable than the trash that is Profit Taker.

My comment wasn't on how "enjoyable" either Nightwave challenge is, but rather on how long they take and how reliable they are. I hate both of them, but I can do the Profit-Taker Orb in ~15 minutes with almost guaranteed rate of success. Killing 1000 Steel Path enemies takes substantially longer, making it far more of a pain in the ass. Actually, this week's Elite Weeklies are outright terrible, because the other one is the Eidolon Hydrolyst. Now THAT typically takes me 30 minutes per attempt across several attempts and it can only be done at at night in Cetus. I'd argue that's far worse, because at least for Steel Path enemies I can chip away at them over time and get it eventually. It's dull as dishwater, but at least it's straightforward. For the Hydrolyst, I need to randomly happen upon a team of pubbies who know how to deal with Eidolons.

13 hours ago, Aesthier said:

To be honest I don't think this NW goal should be removed at all. There are tons of NW objectives that exist that various players do not enjoy. This one is no different; you either choose to complete it or you don't. However I would support those who would like the amount of enemy kills lowered as not everyone enjoys what I do and shouldn't be expected to.

I'm not saying it should be removed, either. I would, however, like to see the kill requirement reduced. 1000 kills makes sense when it's "any enemy anywhere in any mission." When it's specifically Steel Path, it makes sense for the kill count to be less. I'd argue absolutely no more than 500, possible less. Note what I said originally, though. I'm of the opinion that Warframe should allow us to re-roll one Elite Weekly per week, including Recovered ones. Right now, it's possible to get stuck with Hydrolyst + Index + Lich and lose access to Recovered missions. Being able to reroll those to "literally anything else" once per week would help unplug that bottleneck.

51 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

but I can do the Profit-Taker Orb in ~15 minutes with almost guaranteed rate of success. Killing 1000 Steel Path enemies takes substantially longer,

What missions are you doing for it to take "substantially" longer?
I just did this by doing an infested survival on Phobos in under 20 minutes....got some steel essence from killing the accolytes at the same time.  And I hardly have an "optimized" loadout, and I didn't even use an AOE frame....it was just a quick and easy "Kill everything and move on" moment.
Also got me enough experience to re-level the weapon that I put a forma in for the polarize weekly.

So unless you're doing super fast capture runs and getting like 20 kills per minute getting 1K kills should go by just about as quickly as the proft-taker orb.....and a hek of a lot less annoying with the constant knock-down spam.

52 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

What missions are you doing for it to take "substantially" longer?
I just did this by doing an infested survival on Phobos in under 20 minutes....got some steel essence from killing the accolytes at the same time.  And I hardly have an "optimized" loadout, and I didn't even use an AOE frame....it was just a quick and easy "Kill everything and move on" moment.

I don't have access to Phobos, or any Survival missions. As I mentioned - I hate Steel Path and have done barely any of it. Of the missions I did have access to, I ran an Extermination mission at E Prime. Figured that would be easiest since enemies are lowest-level there 10 minutes 49 seconds got me 125 kills. Suppose I can sink a couple of days trying to get to Malva on Venus, as that seems like the closest Infested Survival mission in terms of node distance, but I doubt I'll do much better against higher-level enemies. Clearly you have more "optimised" weapons than I do.

Aren't you an Ash player? Ash melts Steel Path, just use Bladestorm.

En 1/3/2021 a las 11:05, (PSN)Vexx757 dijo:

there are ppl that are OCD

Don't worry they are lying, they like to feel special, OCD is quite more serious than what you think, the least of their problems is a videogame.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

I don't have access to Phobos, or any Survival missions. As I mentioned - I hate Steel Path and have done barely any of it. Of the missions I did have access to, I ran an Extermination mission at E Prime. Figured that would be easiest since enemies are lowest-level there 10 minutes 49 seconds got me 125 kills. Suppose I can sink a couple of days trying to get to Malva on Venus, as that seems like the closest Infested Survival mission in terms of node distance, but I doubt I'll do much better against higher-level enemies. Clearly you have more "optimised" weapons than I do.

Do you like Archwing?  In SP they only go up 50 levels, and I don't think they get the general EHP bonuses.   Honestly, that makes it sound harder than it is, and I'm not a fan of or good at Archwing.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Do you like Archwing?  In SP they only go up 50 levels, and I don't think they get the general EHP bonuses.   Honestly, that makes it sound harder than it is, and I'm not a fan of or good at Archwing.

Hmm... OK, that might be a pretty good way of doing it. Archwing missions can spawn a LOT of enemies and Steel Path Archwing isn't so stupidly over-buffed. Only problem is I'd somehow need access to Neptune. Oh, well - I'm sure that can be arranged. Thanks for the tip, that's genuinely really useful.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Try Gaia (interception), Earth. Took me about 25-30 minutes with Vauban sucking them in Vortex.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Hmm... OK, that might be a pretty good way of doing it. Archwing missions can spawn a LOT of enemies and Steel Path Archwing isn't so stupidly over-buffed. Only problem is I'd somehow need access to Neptune. Oh, well - I'm sure that can be arranged. Thanks for the tip, that's genuinely really useful.

There's earlier archwing missions available too.

This is one of the easiest Elite Weeklies in the game. Seriously, it's 5 minutes of Deimos Survival to kill 1000 enemies in Steel Path.

EDIT: You get 4 player spawns in Survival and Infested are some of the squishiest enemies (though they are still very very deadly).

Spoiler

tN1OXz8.jpg

Spoiler

Zprl1s0.jpg

EDIT2: Look, if you want to do this efficiently, it's NOT on low level Earth missions where the level 100+ Grineer have ridiculous armor with Sortie buffs. It's also probably not on low level Venus missions where the Corpus have ridiculous amounts of shields (some of them have armor) with Sortie buffs. It's not T1 branch of Void either (for both reasons)! You should be looking at Infested... Deimos or Dark Sector missions. Most of them have no armor, they have no shields, and A LOT of them spawn... but the Mutalist Ospreys, Tar Mutalist MOAs and Ancients are extremely deadly. So be careful!

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

There's earlier archwing missions available too.

You are correct. I was responding in a bit of a hurry previously so I made a bit of an unspoken shorthand. Typically, I use Salacia on Neptune to level up my Archwing stuff as it spawns a TREMENDOUS amount of enemies. But you're right - there are other missions which may be easier to get to. Erpo on Earth might be a decent compromise. I don't have it unlocked yet, but getting to it should be trivial. I'm not a fan of the mission type, but eh - as long as it's doable, it should be fine. Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

You are correct. I was responding in a bit of a hurry previously so I made a bit of an unspoken shorthand. Typically, I use Salacia on Neptune to level up my Archwing stuff as it spawns a TREMENDOUS amount of enemies. But you're right - there are other missions which may be easier to get to. Erpo on Earth might be a decent compromise. I don't have it unlocked yet, but getting to it should be trivial. I'm not a fan of the mission type, but eh - as long as it's doable, it should be fine. Thanks again.

Yeah, Salacia is probably a great mission for this too! Maybe even more efficient than Infested Survival.

I Hate Steel path but I attempted this last night.  I did Earth - Lith solo with a spectre and Nezha/Mag.  I would get 330 kills per round 1.  I definately plan to hitch a ride to Eris Akkad or an infested survival for easier time next time.  I wish I could do with others but then you have to compete for kills.   

I'm genuinely confused why this bothers you, Vexx...

We just got a shiny Octavia Prime Access, right? So everyone should have farmed, traded, or even outright bought a new Octavia in the week since.

With one or two Duration mods on her, at max rank, I can wander into the Steel Path Infested Survival on Eris (Nimus) and Mallet killed 1000 enemies in about six minutes, give or take the spawn rate.

It's not difficult, it doesn't even take a while. As you've said, it's actually kind of boring, and that means it's no different to any of the other Nightwave tasks. It gets you 7000 points for next to no time and effort, so... to be blunt... suck it up, cupcake.

8 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I don't have access to Phobos, or any Survival missions. As I mentioned - I hate Steel Path and have done barely any of it.

Don't worry too much about actually walking through the steel path map. Just change to the steel path difficulty and watch the alert tab. Sometime during the week, I can almost guarantee there'll be at least one infested survival showing up, or a node on Eris.

2 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Don't worry too much about actually walking through the steel path map. Just change to the steel path difficulty and watch the alert tab. Sometime during the week, I can almost guarantee there'll be at least one infested survival showing up, or a node on Eris.

Wait, that actually works? I was under the impression that Steel Path Alerts worked like regular ones, where they won't show up if you don't have the node unlocked. I'll admit to giving up on Steel Path prior to the Accolyte and Alert introduction to the system. Yeah, that might help. Will it also unlock the node, or am I hoping it just pops up in the right place?

Archived