Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove “cold steel” from nightwave

(PSN)Vexx757

8 часов назад, Zeddypanda сказал:

For the all of steel path? For sure not. Disruption demos are really harsh, which is why incursions only make you do a single one. I consistently bring random stuff I'm just ranking for infested, though. I wouldn't be surprised if you could bring Stug to Eris survival.

Once again, you just continue to mumble about how great you are, without actually addressing the points that i've previously presented.

As for random staff and Excal, a big fat X to doubt from me on that one, back in the day my Excal couldn't even survive sortie 3, even tho i had survivability mods, and a life strike, you most likely use cheating arcanes for that, or exploit the game in some other way.

Anyway, you asked what makes SP more of a pain than Profit-taker\Eidolons: They are easier and faster to get equipped for, here's your answer, i have no interest in continuing disscussion with someone who reeks of elitism as much as you do.

9 hours ago, Rantear said:

You could try to get a taxi from a recruitment chat, but then good luck killing anything there, 1000 enemies is quite the big number, even when I, a real noob when it comes to SP, is in a mission, other more poorly-equipped players get only like 30-70 kills collectively out of 500, can't imagine how hard it would be with someone who basically lives in SP.

Another really frustrating thing is that pretty much everything one shots you there, Toxic Ancients with aimbot, or farting ospreys do not care about your puny shield gating, also i'm pretty sure that alot of infested can deal toxic damage, not sure tho, but chargers did one shot me several times....

Archwing. For whatever reason, the enemies in AW steel path don't scale anywhere near as nastily as they do on foot. The free-space exterminate (it's a Grineer node, I forget which) gives you about 125 enemies per mission, the Corpus mobile defence (Neptune, Salacia) gives you about 350. Everything there dies pretty quickly to my beautiful Phaedra, and there are plenty of weapons which are more powerful than that. I don't even fly an Amesha (Odonata Prime is my favourite), so that would make your task even easier if you used that.

That alone is one reason for me to mourn the loss of Archwing when DE eventually kill it and fold it entirely into Railjack.

1 минуту назад, DoomFruit сказал:

Archwing. For whatever reason, the enemies in AW steel path don't scale anywhere near as nastily as they do on foot. The free-space exterminate (it's a Grineer node, I forget which) gives you about 125 enemies per mission, the Corpus mobile defence (Neptune, Salacia) gives you about 350. Everything there dies pretty quickly to my beautiful Phaedra, and there are plenty of weapons which are more powerful than that. I don't even fly an Amesha (Odonata Prime is my favourite), so that would make your task even easier if you used that.

That alone is one reason for me to mourn the loss of Archwing when DE eventually kill it and fold it entirely into Railjack.

Hmm, i forgot about that one, will recommend it when someone asks for advice.

Doesn't help that alot of people can't stand the existence of archwing, but it's definetly much easier to mull over.

1 hour ago, Rantear said:

Once again, you just continue to mumble about how great you are, without actually addressing the points that i've previously presented.

No that's the thing! I'm not good at this game at all, and my equipment is middling. My best arcane is a rank 3 arcane pistoler and I don't think I'm capable of doing a tricap or profit taker without being carried (last attempt, I ran out of revives on Garry).

But I can do steel path, because that's just enemies. I don't need arcanes or amps or focus schools or atmospheric archguns, I can just use the same tools I'm used to. Corpus hit like a goddamn truck, and Grineer are incredibly tanky, but infested don't change much at all. If I mash 1 with Atlas, I kill everything and stay invincible same as always. Throw vortex as vauban to disable every enemy and collapse them into a single spot for easy pickings, same as non-steel path, or throw Flechette Orb which has damage scaling with enemy level. Exalted blade just does stupid damage, and Excal has invinciframes on his 1. I die with him, sure, but warframe missions are short and you get a handful of revives. I dunno what people's flavour of frame is like, but as good as all of them have either damage, survivability, or CC built into them one way or the other.

When I say that steel path infested are easy, it's not a humblebrag, at least I don't mean it to be one. It's just a discovery I was surprised to make, and which helps with getting this challenge done. All you need is pretty much the same loadout you'd bring to regular Eris survival.

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

😐 Why do you hate us 😐

you act like the occasional SP challenge in NW is the norm, not the exception - so far in this intermission is were what? 3 times a task that included steel path? sure, one was a 'weekly' with 7k standing but if you're so totally against SP, then just ignore them - you still would have been above the rank 30 in this NW-intern without them.

i enjoy steel path not only for the essences but for the fact that it don't take me an hour and more to get some challenging enemies in this game - and i bet there are many who think alike... and as something that is used to a great deal in warframe i'd say it does belong in the NW tasks as well as every other part (many of those aren't really liked by a lot of players either).

don't forget all of the NW missions are 'optional' in nature - you don't need to do them at all if you don't like them and honestly, beside occasional new stuff i wouldn't have need of anything from NW at all, no skins nor potatos anymore - still i do most of them because either it happens 'on the way' during normal gameplay or because i find them a good reminder about parts i seldom tread in this game.

20 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

The way you unlock steel path also unlocks arbitrations, as I'm sure you know, and there are a few pretty good snacks to be obtained from Arby's, so it's a good goal to clear regardless.

I just want The Endo and Adaptation from that mode.... Pretty much nothing else does it for me....

That being said.... I never had a chance to try Arcane Pistoleer...

2 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

you act like the occasional SP challenge in NW is the norm, not the exception - so far in this intermission is were what? 3 times a task that included steel path? sure, one was a 'weekly' with 7k standing but if you're so totally against SP, then just ignore them - you still would have been above the rank 30 in this NW-intern without them.

Whether it comes up once a month or once a year.... It always ruins my Day when I have to do it....

Soooo yeah.... Id rather it not be there....

i enjoy steel path not only for the essences but for the fact that it don't take me an hour and more to get some challenging enemies in this game - and i bet there are many who think alike... and as something that is used to a great deal in warframe i'd say it does belong in the NW tasks as well as every other part (many of those aren't really liked by a lot of players either).

If you like it then why do you need it to be Forced into Nightwave ? Can't you just Do Steel Path without being promoted ? 🤔

don't forget all of the NW missions are 'optional' in nature - you don't need to do them at all if you don't like them and honestly, beside occasional new stuff i wouldn't have need of anything from NW at all, no skins nor potatos anymore - still i do most of them because either it happens 'on the way' during normal gameplay or because i find them a good reminder about parts i seldom tread in this game.

None of them are optional.... I don't think Ive ever missed a Single Act in the Time I was playing.... 

They are only Optional if you have no interest in Dem Goodies....

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It always ruins my Day when I have to do it...

FOMO is a terrible thing, Lute. You really should learn to recognise it and question 'am I really missing out if I don't do that?' Because you shouldn't feel in a game like Warframe that you 'have to' do everything in a Nightwave.

I mean, at this point in the Intermission, players are on like Prestige 10 or 11, they have all the rewards, and more. (I'm on 8 because I've decided I don't need to do a Tridolon, or the Index. There's no Nightwave rewards, even just Kuva, that I want enough to put myself out.)

You can relax. It doesn't need to ruin your day.

They really are optional, because what are you honestly missing out on that you can't get elsewhere in the game, or get next round?

You even say this, right here:

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I just want The Endo and Adaptation from that mode.... Pretty much nothing else does it for me....

Which means you are capable of seeing that many of the rewards from that game mode are completely optional.

I honestly don't know why this is any different for you. The completionism isn't it, because you're fine with not completing other things. And a player like you can't really be that afraid of missing out (despite what I said), because after two and a half years in game there really shouldn't be anything you're missing other than the 'evergreen' rewards that you can get elsewhere.

To sum up...

Chill.

I know you can.

I believe in you.

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If you like it then why do you need it to be Forced into Nightwave ? Can't you just Do Steel Path without being promoted ? 🤔

i do it without NW but i don't see why it shouldn't be also in NW... just because you son't like it? so what's next: no forma into something because either new players don't have them to spare or veterans don't have anything left to forma? or how about no eidolons since some of us already have every single arcane maximized and nor have need of platinum when selling them?  seriously, i could list about every single NW challenge and find an argument about why it should be removed from there - and i bet you there are always player who exactly think they should be removed. so where would that leave us? no NW at all - and then what? back to the old alert system? if that is what you after (and i guess many other also would like that, not that the old system wasn't flawed and criticized alot too), then just say so instead of beating around the bush, making lukewarm arguments against it.

like i already said above: if you don't like doing the SP challenges, skip them and do whatever else you like doing instead - but don't demand someting to be removed just because you don't like it...

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

None of them are optional.... I don't think Ive ever missed a Single Act in the Time I was playing.... 

They are only Optional if you have no interest in Dem Goodies....

they are 'optional' - just maybe not in your head. your statement about not ever missing one makes that pretty clear. idk what 'goodies' you're so in need of, if you really done all NWs upto now, you ought to have every cosmetic, every aura and countless potatos as well - and if you're only after duplicates to sell for platinum, you certainly doingsomething wrong here to and better spend your time farming primed parts.

no, what i see when i read this, i would say you have a 'compulsive behavior' problem with NW challenges... if so, make it a personal challenge to resist those NW task you don't like. no goodies for that though but a good feeling nontheless ^^)

On 2021-04-06 at 2:46 AM, DoomFruit said:

Archwing. For whatever reason, the enemies in AW steel path don't scale anywhere near as nastily as they do on foot.

Hah, yeah.  I still think something is wrong with SP AW enemies.   Not only does their durability not scale like ground enemies, they don't pummel like ground enemies either.  I've been slowly accumulating affinity on unleveled, un-forma'd guns--because SP incursions are basically the only time I play AW--and killing things just fine.  The idea of me doing the same thing with ranged weapons in a ground mission is pretty laughable.

On 2021-04-06 at 2:40 AM, Rantear said:

i have no interest in continuing disscussion with someone who reeks of elitism as much as you do.

Maybe I'm just a filthy elitist too down deep, but they don't strike me that way at all.   I think it's worth looking at those posts again with a fresh eye.    I mean, maybe you still won't find their viewpoint helpful to you personally, but that's a much different evaluation than deciding somebody is just being a jerk.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Whether it comes up once a month or once a year.... It always ruins my Day when I have to do it....

This week's Nightwave was very very nice because it had these redundant chores:

• 4500 Standing: Kill 500 enemies.
  • 7000 Standing: Kill 1000 Steel Path enemies
  • 7000 Standing: Kill 1500 enemies.

You can have all 3 of these done at the same time in about ~10 minutes (Steel Path Deimos Survival or Eris Survival).

13 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

FOMO is a terrible thing, Lute. You really should learn to recognise it and question 'am I really missing out if I don't do that?' Because you shouldn't feel in a game like Warframe that you 'have to' do everything in a Nightwave.

I mean for me it wasn't even that Complicated... I needed Potatoes and Prestige Points gives Nightwave Credits... Every Challenge I don't do potentially Costs me a Potato 😱

You can relax. It doesn't need to ruin your day.

The only time I had a Chance to Relax was when they Completely pulled the plug on Nightwave before a new Season...

Remember when everybody was Whining about Content Droughts ? Yeah Those were the best times for me because it's the only time I got to experience true Freedom !!!

They really are optional, because what are you honestly missing out on that you can't get elsewhere in the game, or get next round?

What do you mean ? 

If you skip the Challenges then you are obviously missing out... The fact that you can get Creds in the next Season doesn't change the fact that you are not going to get Creds in the current Season in Addition to the ones would Get next Season anyway....

Long Story Short... You are missing out on Creds.

Which means you are capable of seeing that many of the rewards from that game mode are completely optional.

As long as there are Alternatives for the things we want then yes... Unfortunately there's no Alternatives for Nightwave Creds.... Just like there's no Alternative for Harrow System's....

I honestly don't know why this is any different for you. The completionism isn't it, because you're fine with not completing other things.

Pretty much... I used to think I was a Completionist but I'm fine with not 100% Completion of a Game so long as whatever Percentage I don't complete has no Influence on Gameplay....

A Perfect Example of this are the Blue Emblems in President Evil 6.... I was fine if couldn't find all of them simply because those don't Reward any Additional Points that you needed to buy Skills with....

But if they did... Then I would pop open YouTube and Find Them All just to get Dem Goodies....

And a player like you can't really be that afraid of missing out (despite what I said), because after two and a half years in game there really shouldn't be anything you're missing other than the 'evergreen' rewards that you can get elsewhere.

You would think so... But nope.... I needed those Nightwave Creds... 😐... Like.... All Of Them....

Remember when they Introduced the Nightwave landing craft for the Glass Maker Season... I had that thing before everyone else did... Not because I wanted it but because I wanted to get to the Prestige Levels for a Consistent Supply of Creds... It wasn't until a Week Later before I saw one other Person with that same Landing Craft and a few days after that I saw more people using the Nightwave Support Beacon in Missions just for Funsies....

Apparently you can shoot ahead of everyone else by a significant Margin if you killed alot of those Glass Enemies.... 😱 !!! I always believed they were a benign form of Progression but apparently they are Farmable.... 😱 !!!

To sum up...

Chill.

I know you can.

I believe in you.

That's All I wanted to hear !!! 😭

8 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

I do it without NW but i don't see why it shouldn't be also in NW... just because you son't like it?

Yep... Pretty Much.... 

I mean I wish it was more complicated than that but it really isn't it... Atleast not for me....

so what's next: no forma into something because either new players don't have them to spare or veterans don't have anything left to forma?

Sure... Why not... 

Do you have any idea how hard it is for new players to get Neurodes 😱 !!!

or how about no eidolons since some of us already have every single arcane maximized and nor have need of platinum when selling them? 

Exactly.... Get rid of it... That would be just great... 🙂 

seriously, i could list about every single NW challenge and find an argument about why it should be removed from there - and i bet you there are always player who exactly think they should be removed. so where would that leave us? no NW at all - and then what?

You can still have Nightwave with Absolutely 0 Challenges.... You could just get Cred for Logging into Warframe once every Season 😉 !!! 

back to the old alert system?

Oh God No !!! 😱 !! 

if that is what you after (and i guess many other also would like that, not that the old system wasn't flawed and criticized alot too), then just say so instead of beating around the bush, making lukewarm arguments against it.

That's Definitely not what we're After and it's Precisely those issues with the Old Alert System why I'm bugged about Nightwave working the way it currently does now....

Why exactly does Nightwave have Seasons and Timed Acts ?

It might not be as bad as Alerts but theres definitely some Overlap without that old System and that's what I want gone most of all... An actual Replacement for Alerts like they Promised.

like i already said above: if you don't like doing the SP challenges, skip them and do whatever else you like doing instead - 

What if you did everything else and only the Steel Path/Railjack Challenge is left ? You can't skip it.... You can only wait it out until Next Week... But then Next Week comes and you do everything and then that same challenge from last Week Pops Back Up....

There's no winning 😭 !!!

but don't demand someting to be removed just because you don't like it...

I firmly Disagree 😤....

Don't get me Wrong... I don't like Conclave... But Conclave isn't holding something I need Hostage so it can stay for those who like it.... Rail Jack on the other Hand is.... Ergo... I think it's totally fair to ask for it's removal.

As for this specific Example.... I don't want Steel Path in its entirety gone... I just want it gone from Nightwave ...

The mode will still be there for those who like it for what it is but won't be used to Bribe people into doing it who would rather be doing something else.... Just like Conclave.... That's why nobody asks for Conclave to be removed... It's not Holding anything of Value Hostage....

they are 'optional' - just maybe not in your head. your statement about not ever missing one makes that pretty clear. idk what 'goodies' you're so in need of, if you really done all NWs upto now, you ought to have every cosmetic, every aura and countless potatos as well

Don't need the Cosmetics and Auras... I literally just want the Potatoes ... Nightwave is literally the only Platinum Free Reliable Source of Potatoes 😱 !!!

And I can promise you... There are not Countless....

and if you're only after duplicates to sell for platinum, 

People actually do this ? 😱

Don't get me Wrong... I have actually bought a Nightwave Item from another player but never sold any Dupes I had.... Didn't seem like it was Worth it.

no, what i see when i read this, i would say you have a 'compulsive behavior' problem with NW challenges... if so, make it a personal challenge to resist those NW task you don't like. no goodies for that though but a good feeling nontheless ^^)

So then Why does DE feed this Compulsion ? 

People like you are always so quick to point the finger at playerz telling them they need to Grow A Spine.... Well I have news for you.... Human Beans are Easy to Manipulate ! 😱 Pretty much every developer does this wether they realise it or not... The Problem then is... When does this Manipulation go too Far ? 

Is it really reasonable to ask players to have Bruce Lee levels of Mental Fortitude just to play a Video Game ? 🤔 Why is the onus on the Player to Navigate the Developer's Psychological Traps ?  Does that seem fair ? 

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Why is the onus on the Player to Navigate the Developer's Psychological Traps ?  Does that seem fair ? 

Unfortunately, free videogames are the most expensive of them all. Dealing with these schemes is the true price you pay.

Makes $60 not seem so bad, right?

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:

Unfortunately, free videogames are the most expensive of them all. Dealing with these schemes is the true price you pay.

Oh Yes Definitely !!! 

I just wish such an Option Existed for Warframe.... I mean it technically does if you go back to 2007 and Buy Dark Sector but my Time Machine is in the Shop so that's not an option for me yet.... 

On 2021-03-01 at 6:05 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Cold steel is a task from nightwave where you have to kill 1,000 enemies from steel path. Me personally I don`t care for the damage mete and I don`t enjoy steel path coz I don`t find fighting high-level enemies fun and there is no incentive to do it in terms of rewards, I am a part of the minority that don`t like steel path, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

I don't like SP either

TIP: you can just farm early ArchWing missions for the kills. Like Montes, Venus. or Erpo, Earth.

I guess DE forgot about the old non-railjack ArchWing nodes when it came to the new SP damage systems, cause when I play those in SP the enemies are all still dying in 1 shot from my Kuva Ayanga.

Good alternative to doing SP Meta stuff.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

All of Nightmare is optional. It may come as a shock to you but you don't have to do it. You can skip all of it. 

'Just don't do it' is such a cop out.

That's like saying, All of Warframe is optional. you can just skip it and play some other game.

It's not a productive answer; if parts of the game are not enjoyable for some players, its in DE's interests to address that to retain players.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It's not a productive answer; if parts of the game are not enjoyable for some players, its in DE's interests to address that to retain players

But you guys are in the small minority though. If the large amount of people do it then its not a problem. 

And I'm already prestige rank 4 and I didn't even do any of last weeks nightmare. So yes, you can skip it of you don't like it. 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

But you guys are in the small minority though. If the large amount of people do it then its not a problem. 

And I'm already prestige rank 4 and I didn't even do any of last weeks nightmare. So yes, you can skip it of you don't like it. 

Real Numbers Source Please? Showing player populations and what percentage of them are actually putting time into SP?

because I don't feel like a minority. and the forums are notorious for vocal people being non-representative of the real population.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Real Numbers Source Please? Showing player populations and what percentage of them are actually putting time into SP?

because I don't feel like a minority. and the forums are notorious for vocal people being non-representative of the real population.

Show your numbers first, cause I think you are making a bigger deal than it actually is. 

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Pretty much any Oppinions expressed on Any Platform is going to be a minority simply because the Majority of any game's player base never express their Oppinions anywhere at all....

The most you can get out of the Majority is a Random Generic Tweet that doesn't really tell you that much assuming you even get to see it because they are tweeting for their Friends Sake and not to the Developers or the rest of the community....

Sooo yeah.... Basically I just came here to say nothing because Nothing I just wrote is actually of any use or has a point 😝 !!! But I thought it was interesting anyway 😁 !!!

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Show your numbers first, cause I think you are making a bigger deal than it actually is. 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

No you show your numbers first, cause I think you are making a bigger deal than it actually is.

LoL... This is the strangest De-Evolution of a Discussion I've seen in a while 😲 !!!

2 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Oh Yes Definitely !!! 

I just wish such an Option Existed for Warframe.... I mean it technically does if you go back to 2007 and Buy Dark Sector but my Time Machine is in the Shop so that's not an option for me yet.... 

There may be promise in the mediocre Outriders... somehow it's extremely popular despite its reported mediocrity. But it's $60 that nets you the entire thing with nothing like plat or microtransactions or any of that other stuff. It's like its mid 2000s again...

Archived