Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tempestarii comimg same day for consoles, thoughts?

So another same day update is happening like with deimos and wondering hiw many people are excited about this or worried

I'm mixed it's great that console doesn't have to wait for the update but we hace to experience the wonderful day one bugs and wait for troublesome grinds to fix....like scintillant farming. But then consoles player actually feel like their feedback helps shape the update as well.

Personally, I think the greatest part is that console players don't sit there and have to avoid the forums for spoilers for a month or more. It is buggier on release for them, which is a shame as that was one of the advantages of having that delay for consoles, a more stable version, but with a unified release console players and PC players can nerd and gush about the lore together.

2 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

The solution would be: do not play the same day of release and wait few days...

That's a catch 22 situation.

If no one plays early , no one finds the bugs ,

But you also can't report bugs to fix em.

Maybe they will have a test cluster for it. 

55 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

Personally, I think the greatest part is that console players don't sit there and have to avoid the forums for spoilers for a month or more. It is buggier on release for them, which is a shame as that was one of the advantages of having that delay for consoles, a more stable version, but with a unified release console players and PC players can nerd and gush about the lore together.

Yea except when the downside is that the unstable version is what leaves a bad taste in players' mouths like Deimos Arcana and Empyrean. Simultaneous releases are nice and all, but I won't pretend the older development cycle for the game was worse than what we have now.

I would like if DE would let us choose which PC version of Warframe we would play.

• Open Beta (what we currently have) or
  • Stable (updated same time as consoles).

I would probably still play Beta, but at least it's optional. For those of us with budget builds, the Stable release is a safer bet.

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I would like if DE would let us choose which PC version of Warframe we would play.

• Open Beta (what we currently have) or
  • Stable (updated same time as consoles).

I would probably still play Beta, but at least it's optional. For those of us with budget builds, the Stable release is a safer bet.

The gaming industry doesn't bother releasing fully polished content anymore. It's all about rushing out an idea and slowly patching your way to a playable state while maximizing income. There's no reason for DE to put in all that work and server load to have different versions of the game going when they can just keep making money off releasing unpolished updates.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

So another same day update is happening like with deimos and wondering hiw many people are excited about this or worried

Eh, not really concerned. PC is still getting the bulk of the content early, the delayed content is just the quest and Zephyr Deluxe. It's a decent compromise.

48 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Yea except when the downside is that the unstable version is what leaves a bad taste in players' mouths like Deimos Arcana and Empyrean. Simultaneous releases are nice and all, but I won't pretend the older development cycle for the game was worse than what we have now.

Everything has its price. I will stand by my thinking that it was worse for console players to not be able to engage in the story and lore of major updates at the same time as PC players did. I think this outweighs the bugs in my eyes, as I prefer lore immensely.

However, and I feel obligated to mention this, I am a blessed man. Most every bug people come across, even the common ones, I never seem to encounter. And when I do encounter bugs, they tend to be inconsequential. I even played through perhaps one of the more infamous buggy games, Sonic 06, without much issue whatsoever. That being said, it took me 4 months to kill my first lich in Warframe due to the requiem not dropping.

Generally linear style quests are far more easy to clean up in terms of potential glitches. If anyone of the fine ladies or gentlemen here played Cyberpunk 2077 they'll know that the cinematic quests were generally the least buggy parts of the whole experience. 

Railjack 3.0 though. Oh boy, that will be rough. 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

Generally linear style quests are far more easy to clean up in terms of potential glitches. If anyone of the fine ladies or gentlemen here played Cyberpunk 2077 they'll know that the cinematic quests were generally the least buggy parts of the whole experience. 

Railjack 3.0 though. Oh boy, that will be rough. 

Well railjack 3.0 is being beta test by pc first and consoles get it later 

Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Well railjack 3.0 is being beta test by pc first and consoles get it later 

Exactly. It will take a long while until it's anywhere near playable. A friend of mine playing on PC had BSOD each time she tried to start up the game mode. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Deimos was one of the smoother launches of big content.

I have little worries on the state of the update at launch.

No nonono. Dood. M8. Wtf are you doing? We must not talk about how things went smoothly here. Deimos simultaneous Launch cant be called "smooth". Thats positivity. We dont do that here.

It was slow. Because... because my net is bad and there were 3 platforms downloading it. The fact that I still use Dial-up is DE's oversight. Yeah.

Yup. RIP Railjack early adopters... wait, that's me!

I have mixed emotions about it. I liked to reasoning for the "harness system" though. My RJ is OK. But if there's already a high MR joining to my squad and they've grinded their Intrinsics more than I have, they deserve the opportunity to shine.

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Thats positivity. We dont do that here.

lol. Mixed emotions about that too. But at the end of the day they are people, I hope I'm not being too entitled and snobby when I comment here.

It is what it is. 

I'd recommend not jumping in right away since things are usually unsettled for a few days. 

There's lots to do in the game. If you can't resist, then it's there, warts and all. If you can hold off a bit, you'll probably have a better experience. Your time. Your game. 

my only problem with it is we will get day 1 sevagoth and all its faults. So if it is overpower as heck we will have that longer downside though its not that good then we also have that longer. Cuz they not gonna cert 3-5 times and waste money when they can just leave us with Day 1 till they fix/buff/nerf it accordingly then cert once.

Archived