The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Ash is WAY TOO SLOW for newbies

VisuReality

As I'm farming an Ash head in Arva Vector, I have to take a nearly 25 min defence run for Tier C to get a chance of 10.26% to get that head.

Entering the ship takes about 1 min (one shatter blast enough), but it will be much longer in Obol Crossing since there will be at least 1 sub-objective.

And this defence may take at least 25 min (no less than 20 min I think) to take a Tier C Reward

So does all the THREE PARTS 

Let;s make it nearly guarantees runs, 73±21 and 25 30 min per run (for the longest one in Pluto), it will take a CERTAIN OF 1300~2350 MIN (21~40hr) 1560~2820 MIN (26~47hr) 

And that's a torture for only 1 warframe <for newbies who doesn't have it before and decide to FARM it instead of -325 plat>

Efficient, Fun, Really?

So please DE can you move ash parts to an easier place like Tier A and B?

Edit: I farm for Helminth (luckily I just need a head) , and the Smoke Epherma needs a system from the primary one (in Venus).

Comparism of farming only stuffs:

Oberon, moved to Grineer maps. 10% for each run, 66±22 runs. 10 min per R-9 Cloud run. 440~880 min.

Khora, Non-elite Sanctuary Onslaught only, 64±19 runs to Tier C. 20min per run. 900~1660 min with huge affinity

Carmite Penta, 6.06% per part per run, 133±37 runs. 7 min per extermination run. 672~1660 min. Tradeable.

1 hour ago, VisuReality said:

As I'm farming an Ash head in Arva Vector, I have to take a nearly 25 min defence run for Tier C to get a chance of 10.26% to get that head.

Entering the ship takes about 1 min (one shatter blast enough), but it will be much longer in Obol Crossing since there will be at least 1 sub-objective.

And this defence may take at least 25 min (no less than 20 min I think) to take a Tier C Reward

So does all the THREE PARTS 

Let;s make it nearly guarantees runs, 73±21, it will take a CERTAIN OF 1300~2350 MIN (21~40hr)

And that's a torture for only 1 warframe <for newbies who doesn't have it before and decide to FARM it instead of -325 plat>

Efficient, Fun, Really?

So please DE can you move ash parts to an easier place like Tier A and B?

But you are MR 30 ("/profile NICKNAME" in game to check him) so what is your problem?
You are advocating for players who would still get ash from regular missions?
But you want it to be easier obtainable from RJ missions?

I just dont get something here

8 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But you are MR 30 ("/profile NICKNAME" in game to check him) so what is your problem?

Imagine thinking about players other than yourself. Ash Prime is vaulted, and the regular Ash is locked behind dead content, a.k.a. Railjack. If you don't farm the parts within 2 weeks now, you'll be forced to do it solo in the future, because the missions will be dead again. 

Ash might not be a popular meta warframe, but some new people would probably want to try him out despite of that.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Imagine thinking about players other than yourself. Ash Prime is vaulted, and the regular Ash is locked behind dead content, a.k.a. Railjack. If you don't farm the parts within 2 weeks now, you'll be forced to do it solo in the future, because the missions will be dead again. 

Ash might not be a popular meta warframe, but some new people would probably want to try him out despite of that.

Wait wait wait
You want to tell me Ash dont drop from manics anymore?
And only way to get him nau is to do RJ mission?

I never looked into the changes since I farmed Ash many moons ago.  But wow!  20 waves of defense on the awful new tile set where enemies often get stuck on geometry at spawn points so far away even your overextended loadouts can't reach them, for a 10.26% chance.  At least you could have passively farmed Ash before.  Now you are forced to target farm.  What a poopstorm.  

1 hour ago, VisuReality said:

<for newbies who doesn't have it before and decide to FARM it instead of -325 plat>

7 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

2 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

Yup. Oberon got moved from being literally everywhere to dilluting drops in railjack as well.

I stand corrected 
Keep doing what you are doing

1小时前 , Ker-Blammo 说:

Ash prime is far easier to farm. Just go for that.

Well not only for a prime (yep I'm 48998 remain to Rank 31) but for a primary one for helminth as I have a system and chassis 

And the smoke epherma needs a system too (which is in Venus, a bit easier?)

Since Oberon is moved to Grineer maps, the major problem is that you can easily run R-9 in 10 min but cant run a defence Tier C below 20 min

2 hours ago, VisuReality said:

Yes 

I was looking to complete an Ash for Helminth purposes (just to get it done, no actual interest for the subsumed skill) but it seems that I won't farm for it after all. This is the worst defense map possible, but on top of that it's also stuck behind Railjack, the Tier C requirement, and the low chance of getting a blueprint.

I don't get it, why didn't they leave the drops on Manics as well? What was the harm of having an additional way of getting such parts?

Also, Oberon. Ugh. It was much easier to farm before especially because it was passively done. Eximus units are everywhere. In sortie "Eximus Stronghold" missions you could get a complete set if it was a survival.

I don't get the decision. I understand they want to "streamline" some things but this has a net negative effect for the newer players. It would be much, much better if they just moved those frames to the dojo - the labs need some new research items.

52 минуты назад, rastaban75 сказал:

I don't get the decision. I understand they want to "streamline" some things but this has a net negative effect for the newer players. It would be much, much better if they just moved those frames to the dojo - the labs need some new research items.

Real reason seems that they just wanted to force people into playing railjack.
And honestly, during all the time that i've been playing, i have not seen a single decision, that was made to help the new players, but have seen quite a few that hurt them actively, so i don't think they really care about them.

53 минуты назад, rastaban75 сказал:

I don't get it, why didn't they leave the drops on Manics as well? What was the harm of having an additional way of getting such parts?

Probably because there's actually a way to farm alot of Manics in a short time, making this method of aquisition obsolete.

Pack Hunters on Grineer disruptions, i'm surprised that almost nobody seem to know about it.

Although it doesn't make it any less weird, that they've decided to put such an old frame behind the grind, makes me kinda concerned about Savagoth, since he's certaintly going to be locked behind railjack as well......

I always recommend to newbies to instead of wasting their time trying to farm a non-boss warframe to use that time figuring out trades and learning all the mojo. I bought Ash because I knew how dumb his farm was, I have every piece of Ivara except her bp, it's been like that for about 2 months and I just farmed her prime instead. Get plat and buy the frame or get their "better" version even quicker...  Ash is def worth the grind tho lol, he is one of the funnest warframes(imo) in the game especially with how his 4th+3rd animation is.

But yeah, that's DE saying "The players should check out our new update, lets take a frame they hate farming and want so dearly inside of that, it'll be a lot harder but ooga booga maybe they'll buy plat or invest a ton into railjack"

4 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Its called low player empathy and even I feel this sometimes when I need to help lower players grind a boss, I took a MR5 to farm Nekros and he did jack squat damage to Lephantis while my acceltra shredded through him, not saying Lephantis is a hard farm at all, he's wicked easy but I just remember thinking "Dang wonder how long it would've taken him without me..."

Same thing with Ivara, some newbie in my clan asked me if I could help them out since they saw my Prime of her and I was like "Yeah dude... uh, let's get you her prime"   "I dont have the relic things for that"   "Oh :scared: uuhhhhh"

2 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

I was looking to complete an Ash for Helminth purposes (just to get it done, no actual interest for the subsumed skill) but it seems that I won't farm for it after all. This is the worst defense map possible, but on top of that it's also stuck behind Railjack, the Tier C requirement, and the low chance of getting a blueprint.

Also, Oberon. Ugh. It was much easier to farm before especially because it was passively done. Eximus units are everywhere. In sortie "Eximus Stronghold" missions you could get a complete set if it was a survival.

They changed Obie too? I remember thinking "Okay nice I shoulod Oberon sometime soon if I play through the starchart", he was my 5th warframe and his abilities are amazing, he wasnt someone you could directly farm(you could but eh, not like ppl did tbh unless ESO) and it came gradually, now they're baiting players to play RJ with warframes..?

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Its called low player empathy and even I feel this sometimes when I need to help lower players grind a boss, I took a MR5 to farm Nekros and he did jack squat damage to Lephantis while my acceltra shredded through him, not saying Lephantis is a hard farm at all, he's wicked easy but I just remember thinking "Dang wonder how long it would've taken him without me..."

Same thing with Ivara, some newbie in my clan asked me if I could help them out since they saw my Prime of her and I was like "Yeah dude... uh, let's get you her prime"   "I dont have the relic things for that"   "Oh :scared: uuhhhhh"

Archived