The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Ash is WAY TOO SLOW for newbies

VisuReality

I would still prefer getting Oberon parts thrown at me left and right outside of railjack. Did a Skirmish in Veil Proxima, got x4 Oberon Neuroptics as a "bonus" reward. What the heck.

98ryIN5.jpg

Edit: I do agree with OP though. Moving Ash + Oberon to railjack wasn't the wisest choice. Can't wait to tell my low MR friends that we can go happily farm Oberon against lvl 80-90 Grineer. 

wait...

why is everyone here sounds like agreeing that new rj suck?

whenever i go to rj threads, all i see are people acting like it's the best thing ever happened to warframe, doing their best to dismiss people who are complaining about it.

1小时前 , Soy77 说:

wait...

why is everyone here sounds like agreeing that new rj suck?

whenever i go to rj threads, all i see are people acting like it's the best thing ever happened to warframe, doing their best to dismiss people who are complaining about it.

It's not the new RJ sucks

It's that moving a regular frame into a higher level game tier, with a 20+ or 30+ min time gate, that sucks

(and since nearly nobody does a non-relic defence tier C through public matching)

1 hour ago, VisuReality said:

It's not the new RJ sucks

It's that moving a regular frame into a higher level game tier, with a 20+ or 30+ min time gate, that sucks

(and since nearly nobody does a non-relic defence tier C through public matching)

ah i see...

personally i agree that anything locked behind higher level game tier with a 20+ or 30+ min time gate will suck a lot to farm.

Am 24.3.2021 um 09:00 schrieb VisuReality:

As I'm farming an Ash head in Arva Vector, I have to take a nearly 25 min defence run for Tier C to get a chance of 10.26% to get that head.

Entering the ship takes about 1 min (one shatter blast enough), but it will be much longer in Obol Crossing since there will be at least 1 sub-objective.

And this defence may take at least 25 min (no less than 20 min I think) to take a Tier C Reward

So does all the THREE PARTS 

Let;s make it nearly guarantees runs, 73±21 and 25 30 min per run (for the longest one in Pluto), it will take a CERTAIN OF 1300~2350 MIN (21~40hr) 1560~2820 MIN (26~47hr) 

And that's a torture for only 1 warframe <for newbies who doesn't have it before and decide to FARM it instead of -325 plat>

Efficient, Fun, Really?

So please DE can you move ash parts to an easier place like Tier A and B?

Edit: I farm for Helminth (luckily I just need a head) , and the Smoke Epherma needs a system from the primary one (in Venus).

Comparism of farming only stuffs:

Oberon, moved to Grineer maps. 10% for each run, 66±22 runs. 10 min per R-9 Cloud run. 440~880 min.

Khora, Non-elite Sanctuary Onslaught only, 64±19 runs to Tier C. 20min per run. 900~1660 min with huge affinity

Carmite Penta, 6.06% per part per run, 133±37 runs. 7 min per extermination run. 672~1660 min. Tradeable.

Yes...
above all, you can't trade it. the weapons or sentinel was not an issue. simply traded. but with certain warframes you die of boredom.

a few years ago i just bought khora. because I read that someone farmed it for 3 months (!!!). I'm not stupid and if I just sell my little relics stuff, then I'll have platinum after a week!

the other was the harrow system. a puke bucket was even needed here because i hate the mission at all.

besides, the primes only cost a fraction and are much easier to get. i had octavia prime after a few hours! after a few hours after the patch! almost everything farmed with random publics ....

Not saying the new RJ sucks, I am quite enjoying railjack in fact. I am just annoyed at the rewards.

They made it simple for anyone who already most likely has both warframes,(So you just don't need to farm them again) and complicated for anyone who doesn't and needs them. I just don't see the point. :(

On 2021-03-24 at 4:00 AM, VisuReality said:

As I'm farming an Ash head in Arva Vector, I have to take a nearly 25 min defence run for Tier C to get a chance of 10.26% to get that head.

Entering the ship takes about 1 min (one shatter blast enough), but it will be much longer in Obol Crossing since there will be at least 1 sub-objective.

And this defence may take at least 25 min (no less than 20 min I think) to take a Tier C Reward

So does all the THREE PARTS 

Let;s make it nearly guarantees runs, 73±21 and 25 30 min per run (for the longest one in Pluto), it will take a CERTAIN OF 1300~2350 MIN (21~40hr) 1560~2820 MIN (26~47hr) 

And that's a torture for only 1 warframe <for newbies who doesn't have it before and decide to FARM it instead of -325 plat>

Efficient, Fun, Really?

So please DE can you move ash parts to an easier place like Tier A and B?

Edit: I farm for Helminth (luckily I just need a head) , and the Smoke Epherma needs a system from the primary one (in Venus).

Comparism of farming only stuffs:

Oberon, moved to Grineer maps. 10% for each run, 66±22 runs. 10 min per R-9 Cloud run. 440~880 min.

Khora, Non-elite Sanctuary Onslaught only, 64±19 runs to Tier C. 20min per run. 900~1660 min with huge affinity

Carmite Penta, 6.06% per part per run, 133±37 runs. 7 min per extermination run. 672~1660 min. Tradeable.

Thing is; Ash used to be an 'Assassination' reward back-in-the-day; but for some idiotic narrowminded reason they decided to swap it to 'Maniacs' but only a certain TYPE of maniac, NOW they've slaved him to the new Boxhead RJ missions.
-sigh-
Honestly Ash should go back to his original Assassination target as drop rewards.
With all the nerfs [DE] Scott did to him, Ash is a 10th his powerscale from when he was introduced. Re; is BEGINNER level gear / frame.

2021/3/25 PM11点42分 , Shemarria 说:

Thing is; Ash used to be an 'Assassination' reward back-in-the-day; but for some idiotic narrowminded reason they decided to swap it to 'Maniacs' but only a certain TYPE of maniac, NOW they've slaved him to the new Boxhead RJ missions.
-sigh-
Honestly Ash should go back to his original Assassination target as drop rewards.
With all the nerfs [DE] Scott did to him, Ash is a 10th his powerscale from when he was introduced. Re; is BEGINNER level gear / frame.

Idk what the original assassination is actually 

On 2021-03-24 at 1:43 PM, notmaris said:

I would still prefer getting Oberon parts thrown at me left and right outside of railjack. Did a Skirmish in Veil Proxima, got x4 Oberon Neuroptics as a "bonus" reward. What the heck.

98ryIN5.jpg

Edit: I do agree with OP though. Moving Ash + Oberon to railjack wasn't the wisest choice. Can't wait to tell my low MR friends that we can go happily farm Oberon against lvl 80-90 Grineer. 

Yeah, I ain't keen on oberon being in the railjack drop tables. Every time I see it in my rewards I no longer see the picture of the part, but instead a massive middle finger 👾

14小时前 , (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson 说:

You are aware theres alot of frames are not available to newbies right, since most newbies by the time they get there they are not newbies anymore.

uhh, maybe. But 30+min and Tier C Defence that sucks too for them

Prime variants aside, this is no different to farming octavia neuroptics (rot c survival deimos). However the drop chance is half that of octavia's (10.53% vs 22.56%). If they had it at the same drop rate as octavia and rebalanced the Vidar part droprate for rot c to 11.58% each, this would be in a much better place.

The main annoyance is less the railjack portion or the fact that it is rot c defense, but rather the corpus ship defense map has lots of random pathing that really slows down the enemy wave, compared to corpus ship interception which is on the same map layout but doesn't suffer the same problem because it's based on time. This has been an issue on this map since it was first brought out - there's literally zig-zag pathing to get up/down, not to mention multiple ledges for the AI to navigate to in order to drop down.

Archived