Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sleeping In the Cold Below

RFaul

In regards to the "Sevagoth is a pirate" idea, from what I've been able to tell, his alternate helmet combines traits of both being a pirate and a privateer. the eyepatch and head bandanna is more invocative of a pirate theme, but the actual hat portion resembles a privateer's cap, from what I can tell.

Edited for spelling, because I'm a dingus.

36 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

Links for it being anything other than a non pirate related ghost ship, that didn't even have any kind of captain legend behind it until fiction created one or two hundreds of years after the beginning of the legend.

Links to prove that it's not a pirate ship? Why should i provide it, you're the one who insists that it is not.

39 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

And I'm not sure what you mean by standard media. 

Exactly that. 

39 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

the pirate stuff is recent popular media that conflated it with a bunch of old legends

It is a standard in the media, to call it a pirate ship, because it is popular now.

42 минуты назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

The only nonsense here is you continuing to laughably insist that Sevagoth is a pirate. Anyways I'm done believe what you want to believe idc, the legends this is based on aren't what you think they are. 

I couldn't care less about what the legend is based on, it's irrelevant to the topic. Devs themselves said that Sevagoth has the "Flying Dutchman" theme, am i really spitting nonsense here, and not you, who believes that they would call him like that, referencing the original legend (that they themselves might not even know about), and not whatever it currently represents? (i.e. pirates.) I even wouldn't be surprised if they outright called him a pirate several times on streams, and i just don't remember it. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)TheNergigante said:

This song desperately needs to be made available on iTunes.  Seriously. I’d rock this shizz in my car like no one else 

According to a staff post it is already available on something called Bandcamp (haven't heard of it) and will be on other streaming platforms soon. 

Holding myself not to discuss other aspects mentioned on this thread but... no... I won't derail my own thread so I'll just keep it centered on this masterpiece. Yeah female pirates (somewhat sensual milfs?) yeah... This game's artists are often gifting me with mindblowing or disturbing/shocking/horrifying experiences. 

44 minutes ago, Zebiko said:

Loved the song, best part of the quest. Anyone know who the artists are?

Written By: Keith Power, Alan Doyle, Digital Extremes

Featuring: Damhnait Doyle

Damnhnait Doyle is both the voice of Vala and the one singing in the Space Shanty. 

She has a twitter account here if you want to give her your thanks and a follow: Damhnait Doyle (@davnetdoyle) / Twitter

On 2021-04-14 at 12:16 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Regardless of the quality of the song (It's not my thing) the way it was introduced was abysmal. Here we have a shadowy wraith with a name that begs black metal music and we get the spice girls attempt at being a pirate. I mean that completely ruined it for me. Both Sevagoth's introduction and the song. Didn't enjoy the song either. I tried listening to it after I finished the quest, but it's just not my kind of song.

This, very disjoint intro to the new frame and I didnt feel the music was appropriate to what was going on

7 hours ago, Rantear said:

Links to prove that it's not a pirate ship? Why should i provide it, you're the one who insists that it is not.

Your the one thats claiming it's something other than it's well known legend, burden of proof is on you. If you need to refresh yourself check wikipedia.

2 часа назад, Carl_Bar сказал:

Your the one thats claiming it's something other than it's well known legend, burden of proof is on you. If you need to refresh yourself check wikipedia.

I find it fascinating that you can type, yet unable to read.

Also, if it is that well known, i wouldn't even need to google it, don't you think?

il y a une heure, Rantear a dit :

Also, if it is that well known, i wouldn't even need to google it, don't you think?

The Flying Dutchman is a legend about a ghost ship. It was supposed to be a Dutch man-of-war at first, and indeed SOME account, and by no means the oldest ones, describes it as a pirate ship. But most account just describes it as a ghost ship of Dutch origin that sends messages to dead people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Dutchman

A simple Wikipedia search is enough, it got plenty of reference too. Maybe Google it next time.

BTW, I read some time ago that one explanation for "ghost ships" were ships carrying wooden logs that were abandoned by their crew for whatever reasons. The logs would help the ship to keep its buoyancy even as they suffered damage underwater, so those ships would be floating and moving for a long time even without a crew manning it.

If you truly think about, the song is Vala's theme as much as it explains Sevagoth's reason to protect our Warframe when the Tempestarii is boarded by the Corpus and his design as well. The song is Vala's theme because she states that while she was adrift in space, she imagined her "Sisters" dead mouths singing with her yet. As for Sevagoth, he is a lot like Davy Jones from pirate folklore. However, unlike Davy Jones, Sevagoth rescued lost souls trapped in Void Storms or crews who had lost their Railjacks in battle. Sevagoth, especially when it came to encountering Vala for the first time, acted like Davy Jones and sunk her ship. This is the basis of her hatred for the Tempestarii and her ghostly captain. Sevagoth is even called the Dreadful Helmsman and looks like what he is called. His Shadow is also part of this title, as it was theorized that infamous pirates (Like Blackbeard) could cast a 'shadow' over the sea which brought fear and panic to sailor merchants and naval ships.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)FrozenWolf119 said:

If you truly think about, the song is Vala's theme as much as it explains Sevagoth's reason to protect our Warframe when the Tempestarii is boarded by the Corpus and his design as well. The song is Vala's theme because she states that while she was adrift in space, she imagined her "Sisters" dead mouths singing with her yet. As for Sevagoth, he is a lot like Davy Jones from pirate folklore. However, unlike Davy Jones, Sevagoth rescued lost souls trapped in Void Storms or crews who had lost their Railjacks in battle. Sevagoth, especially when it came to encountering Vala for the first time, acted like Davy Jones and sunk her ship. This is the basis of her hatred for the Tempestarii and her ghostly captain. Sevagoth is even called the Dreadful Helmsman and looks like what he is called. His Shadow is also part of this title, as it was theorized that infamous pirates (Like Blackbeard) could cast a 'shadow' over the sea which brought fear and panic to sailor merchants and naval ships.

Yea but people are confusing Sevagoth with a pirate because modern media oftentime depects ghost ships and ghost seamen as pirates. Just like your Pirates of the Carribean example. The fact that he's a ghost/wraith and has a ghost ship doesn't mean he's a pirate. Those are completely unrelated things. A pirate is defined by their actions.

7 hours ago, Rantear said:

I can read just fine thanks. But when you make a claim that goes against the widely accepted status quo your the one that needs evidence. If you walk upto a bunch of physicists and declare that theory X is how something works and not how Relativity says ti works. Your going to be expected to provide proof that your right, (at first, then the physicists will take crack at it themselves to check it's true), not demand that those Physicists prove you wrong.

And i mentioned Wikipedia because cultural osmosis failure is a thing, just as people making random claims about how the universe works without knowing somthing like relativity need to look it up.

7 часов назад, Isokaze_BestKaze сказал:

A simple Wikipedia search is enough, it got plenty of reference too. Maybe Google it next time.

Bold of you to assume i didn't.
Didn't read the page completely tho, too much irrelevant information, even procrastinating me doesn't want to waste time on it.

1 час назад, Carl_Bar сказал:

I can read just fine thanks.

Nah, you clearly don't, i ain't even gonna explain it, i'm curious if you ever will find out why i said that in the first place 😂

1 час назад, Carl_Bar сказал:

And i mentioned Wikipedia because cultural osmosis failure is a thing.

And that is excactly why arguing about the original legend is irrelevant, it's a pirate ship in the eyes of many now, and as such Sevagoth is a pirate for that reason.

Also, something that still bugs me:

12 часов назад, Carl_Bar сказал:

it's well known legend

Exaggeration for the sake of arguing?
Or it is actually popular where you live? And if so, why?
I can't imagine someone telling folk tales to their children nowadays.

12 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Yea but people are confusing Sevagoth with a pirate because modern media oftentime depects ghost ships and ghost seamen as pirates. Just like your Pirates of the Carribean example. The fact that he's a ghost/wraith and has a ghost ship doesn't mean he's a pirate. Those are completely unrelated things. A pirate is defined by their actions.

I understand. I know Sevagoth isn't a pirate. He is a ghost-like coastguard on a "Flying Dutchman" style ship. Vala is the real pirate in a sense as she tried to destroy the Tempestarii for what happened to her in the past. Pirates were actually legal in history. The Queen of England commissioned British sailors to plunder and sink Spanish ships that were meant to blockade England.

Archived