Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Reap: instead of sending out the shadow Sevagoth can snatch the soul of an target which causes a dmg deduction or dmg amplified to the target and it also regenerate a small percentage to the Death Well 

Exalted Shadow: if we are going for a reaper frame let’s stick to the image of an Grim Reaper take away the claws that’s so (Garuda/Valkyr) and give it a long scythe with a unique stance for it now this would better IMO 

Also the passive not really that good how about this 

Passive: when Sevagoth takes heavy dmg the shadow joins the battle to fight at his side until he gain more health back the lower Sevagoth’s health is increases the shadow dmg output just an idea 

I've absolutely loved all of my time on Sevagoth, but while mainly doing low content recently I worry he has no answer to high level Grineer and bosses.

EDIT: I realize I just completely neglected to mention, but for someone who really didn't like how locked up Limbo's slide feels, I actually really like Sevagoth's custom roll. I don't know if it's visual but it has a lot less hang time and behaves identical to regular roll so it's just a really nice aesthetic touch.

Abilities Feedback: 

Passive- Very good to use, while Consume's movement and snap-targeting could use some polish, that's probably already in the works. It's limited so that if you die to a martyr kill or just went afk next to a strong single enemy that's unfortunately your fault. The opportunity to come back in a big way when in a group firefight is actually fun and usable.

Reap- I suppose it doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme but I didn't expect Radiation damage, maybe Cold or Slash since they seem more on-theme, or even his progenitor element Impact? The vulnerability up is just right, I wouldn't mess with it. 

Sow- A problem, True Damage is great, it works on everyone equally, it's flat value only following Power Strength is fine since the bleed isn't what's supposed to kill high level targets. The main issue is the ability synergy, it's vague in Sevagoth's description from the start "Reap what has been sown to detonate afflicted enemies, dealing a percentage of their health as radial damage.", a percentage of their maximum health making it better when enemies are softened to confirm death well kills? I believe it's actually a percentage of their current health, meaning it's better to reap before Sow has bled them too much, but is reduced by armor from what i've seen, and much more likely to fail to kill the enemy, so you miss the double death well gain from Reaping a Sown target. 

Gloom- Overall a very inspired ability I like a lot, I haven't been having as many energy issues as others but if it becomes a problem in higher levels, it definitely hurts not being able to safely run Rage or Hunter's Adrenaline on him, Gloom's lifesteal just isn't strong enough for that sort of thing. I really appreciate the ability to maintain Gloom while you're in Shadow form! At least having a method of acquiring death well from alive enemies really keeps gameplay smooth.

Exalted Shadow/Reunite- Now, since again I was mainly in low content I have been living the Death Well dream, since enemies are made of cardboard it is near guaranteed I will get the intended Death Well from pressing any of Sevagoth's buttons. Simply remembering to press Death's Harvest before leaving Shadow form would consistently refill my Well to 75% if not full, having Gloom and Death's Harvest still impact the other form at least gives switching forms actual depth. I really don't mind the forma sink, while it punishes new players who join specifically for Sevagoth, the forma price makes sense and can be paid in low effort installments for the customization of a separate Warframe who I feel is already gonna have some "mains" while most others Mastery and subsume him because the extra set up time and mechanics are inefficient.

Shadow Claws-  (Disclaimer: I do not have Arcane Strike) Probably no shortage of responses saying the shadow's movements are rather clunky, Attack Speed of some kind is effectively required for the combos since Claws swing wide and lurch you forward in a lot of animations. I wish Ravenous Wraith's forward combo had a bit more knockback in the first two hits?

Embrace- Aside from Warframe's glorious history regarding ragdoll and the Lifted status, this ability is buttery smooth with an appropriately forgiving hitbox for how vague the particles are. Excellent work here.

Consume- As a horizontal dash to get around it's fantastic, the hang time it gives you is easy to adjust to. As an attack it's as described in the passive feedback, the snap-targeting could use some work, my client and I have frequent disagreements on what is "in the reticle" for Consume to latch onto them. Again, Radiation was unexpected but the guaranteed status is great!

Death's Harvest- in my opinion Death's Harvest is the only weak link in Shadow's kit, mainly it just feels funky to use because of it's fully-involved animation when you'd think to use it after Embrace. It's also simply good practice to conserve energy to use it if there's enemies around when you're leaving shadow form for any reason. Both of these situations make the full cast animation and 12m range (compared to 16m on Sow and full Gloom) bad for tempo.

Changes I would make: 
Sevagoth is strong for his over time effects, consider making all 3 of his status effects (Reap/Death's Harvest, Sow, and Gloom) provide the flat amount of soul per enemy for death well, spread over the duration of the status, killing the enemy gives you the remaining soul instantly, this would require giving Gloom's slow a duration that would persist outside of the field and refresh when the field ticks. It gives Sevagoth a consolation prize to live off of if he's alone with enemies he doesn't do well against.
Consider swapping around or adding a new Synergy effect, either trigger the percent health explosion from applying Sow to any enemy with Gloom status, or making the explosion damage based on an enemy's maximum or missing health.
- Effectively bundled with the previous point, consider making Death's Harvest into the same kind of expanding field as Gloom that applies Death's Harvest status, possibly create an ability synergy with some kind of armor shred or energy gain by Reuniting with both Gloom and Death's Harvest active.

Epitaph Feedback:
Epitaph quickly became a favorite sidearm of mine with it's comfy ammo economy. The Guaranteed statuses to impair movement actually reward the cripple and assassinate game plan advertised in it's description, while even with just Lethal Torrent it's slow fire speed isn't clunky, charging a shot fast for those critical hit builds or bombarding an area with uncharged shots in a status build. It's what I was hoping the Ballistica would be, back when that first released, this has been a long time coming at least for me.

Completely disagree.

*Clarified in the comment below. For the first ability I preffer the current one since I like the RAAM's Kryll finger vibes.

Spoiler

While I like scythes the most, implementing that would need more time and that bs so I say what I already said before: What about a (maybe sentient) scythe for a second signature weapon for Sevagoth, I mean Revenant shipped way later than the Tatsu yet its his signature weapon so why Sev couldn't have his scythe in a later update? maybe Vala had it as a reminder of the Tempestarii and when you defeat certain number of Corpus lichs you will find it.

Also the passive we have is great, imagine if you are low health and arcane grace activates, the shadow will spawn and despawn doing nothing and the idea of the lower the health the greater the damage is the passive of Garuda.

It's sad to see Sevagoth base form so underappreciated.  

So I made a video where I talked about his strengths and weaknesses while also suggested few tweaks to his kit.

It took some of my time so I would love to hear some feedback.

I apologize in advance for poor frame rate, not all of us have rtx 3060ti and I never edited a video before :/

It is kind of cool to see you posting your suggestions in the video format but it doesn't really compel your point very well when the technical issues are what they are. Having said I agree that your suggested change to reap would be pretty useful. Having it automatically seek out targets like Vauban's roller balls is a good idea.

I disagree about the changes to Sow and the need for Sevagoth to have more damage abilities. I don't think you're really understanding his kit if you think he should be damaging enemies with his abilities... Sevagoth is all about debuff/cc while the shadow is all about damage... 

The suggestion for Shadow's dash to target enemies like Atlas's Landslide is a really good suggestion. Definitely should function this way since it doesn't really feel like a useful mobility skill outside of closing the distance between you and an enemy (this wouldn't change with auto target)

I don't think the stat changes at the end make sense. Sow doesn't need more duration and Sevagoth should not be tankier. He is not a tanky frame... He is a support+cc frame and Shadow is tanky+DPS. I'm not sure why people seem to have trouble adopting the idea that the two forms are expected to do what the opposite cannot. It does make Sevagoth kind of hard to play, but some of your issues are definitely coming from non-optimized builds.

44 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It is kind of cool to see you posting your suggestions in the video format but it doesn't really compel your point very well when the technical issues are what they are. Having said I agree that your suggested change to reap would be pretty useful. Having it automatically seek out targets like Vauban's roller balls is a good idea.

I disagree about the changes to Sow and the need for Sevagoth to have more damage abilities. I don't think you're really understanding his kit if you think he should be damaging enemies with his abilities... Sevagoth is all about debuff/cc while the shadow is all about damage... 

The suggestion for Shadow's dash to target enemies like Atlas's Landslide is a really good suggestion. Definitely should function this way since it doesn't really feel like a useful mobility skill outside of closing the distance between you and an enemy (this wouldn't change with auto target)

I don't think the stat changes at the end make sense. Sow doesn't need more duration and Sevagoth should not be tankier. He is not a tanky frame... He is a support+cc frame and Shadow is tanky+DPS. I'm not sure why people seem to have trouble adopting the idea that the two forms are expected to do what the opposite cannot. It does make Sevagoth kind of hard to play, but some of your issues are definitely coming from non-optimized builds.

I agree, but many people think all frames should have Inaros levels of tankiness while having Saryn levels of nuking.

Tbh, excluding some QoL changes to some abilities, Sevagoth is probably the most well made Warframe DE made in a while. Many other frames released as useless and broken content, Sevagoth is powerful and UNIQUE.

Sevagoth release is the best one in like 2 years.

5 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

I agree, but many people think all frames should have Inaros levels of tankiness while having Saryn levels of nuking.

Tbh, excluding some QoL changes to some abilities, Sevagoth is probably the most well made Warframe DE made in a while. Many other frames released as useless and broken content, Sevagoth is powerful and UNIQUE.

Sevagoth release is the best one in like 2 years.

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

Totally agree with you.

TYPE: in game.

DESCRIPTION: Sevagoth's Shadow's claws static while using melee.

VISUAL:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fl_69SBmXYVj88XWbD7Uo1ZNz37FR9lQ/view?usp=sharing sorry bad video.

REPRODUCTION: Every time I use my 4 for no reason can't think of why it would being i have no problems with other abilities that require forma (Exhalted blade ect).

EXPECTED RESULT: should be able to claw, Swipe and slash my way through my foe.

OBSERVED RESULT: The animation is utterly Broken

REPRODUCTION RATE: So far every time I use 4.

This will probably change when I do more testing.

Edit: WAD. Ignore this post.

Playing Sevagoth in Hydron Nightmare (Vampire)

Summoned a Spectre (1 star, Wisp) - my Sentinel (Helios Prime) killed him. Red beam directly from my sentinel, killed my own spectre.

Repeated two more times.

I think you need to do something about Sevagoth parts drop rate.... 10% is a tad low, and after 2.5 days, at least 4-5 hours farming each day, but not a single neuroptic is a little silly.... i have more than 10 parts of both chassis and system though....... 😓

TYPE: Abilities/Gameplay for Sevagoth

DESCRIPTION: I thought Sevagoth's passive was just awful until I saw some YouTube play and realised it's some sort of bug.

On X1 when you die as Sevagoth you become the shadow, but no matter what buttons you press it doesn't attack anything. B causes it to fire the dash/heal ability (on 2) but this is quite situational, leaving you sitting there waiting to resurrect while the mission times out.

It's massively annoying.

VISUAL: controller bug. Here is a video of me trying to melee a Volatile mission Distressed Pipe but just dashing at it uselessly: 

REPRODUCTION: I'm on Xbox One X.

EXPECTED RESULT: Pressing B should cause melee swipes at enemies and damage environment elements affected by melee (such as Volatile conduits)

Pressing X should just instant resurrect like any other frame.

OBSERVED RESULT: Stuck waiting for death as a shadow with no attacks while mission fails.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Flakey, sometimes the shadow seems to work, but 90% of the time it doesn't. Currently sinking forma into it so I suspect it's related to the shadow being ranked under 30.

34 minutes ago, greiff said:

I think you need to do something about Sevagoth parts drop rate.... 10% is a tad low, and after 2.5 days, at least 4-5 hours farming each day, but not a single neuroptic is a little silly.... i have more than 10 parts of both chassis and system though....... 😓

Same here, except I need the chassis that refuses to drop. I've farmed pretty much everything in this game but this is starting to get really infuriating. Also I keep getting control modules on my bonus drop which doesn't seem to be on the official drop tables...

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Ok in my most recent session the sprint mods were definitely working. 

It seems you may have to manually apply sprint every time. Doesn't save it from Seva or the last time you played shadow. Not sure why.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Thts cool, im just saying we cant call the interaction between sow and reap bad just because we arent using the appropiate loadout. I think its 100% acceptable that not every enemy can be blown away by reap like he can against those un armored Supra using Corpus enemies. I think it would actually be too overpowered if it stripped armor on its own as well.

It does give me an idea on what Sow probably should be doing, converting a portion of damage from warframe abilities into true damage, as armored enemies do seem to do sevagoth a little too dirty. It would work on sevagoth and his allies abilities to help his teammates keep their abilities doing something too

If they added armor stripping anywhere, I think it would be better suited on his shadow, and not the base frame. I'm honestly not looking to make him into some amazing damage dealer at all. The base frame, in my eyes, would be better suited to have some minor improvements to support, defense, and cc. Sow shouldn't have MASSIVE damage, but the damage should at least scale with enemy level. I don't want a Grendel Feast situation with the scaling. I just want Sow to be effective in later content too since it is a heavy part of his ability to life steal.

5 hours ago, thurmack said:

Playing Sevagoth in Hydron Nightmare (Vampire)

Summoned a Spectre (1 star, Wisp) - my Sentinel (Helios Prime) killed him. Red beam directly from my sentinel, killed my own spectre.

Repeated two more times.

This is normal. Nightmare mode turns specters against you.

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I went with rage initially but it is not a very good choice on sevagoth himself. Works fine for his shadow but rage only really works to rebuild energy for gloom. Once gloom is active you no longer gain energy from rage since gloom is a sustain ability (correct me if i am wrong).

Imo it is far better to go with balla heacy attack zaw with the energy gain zaw arcane, arcane energize and dethcube. You can fully fill the meter very quickly and a heavy attack balla is exceptionally powerful in and of itself. 

I go empower from helminth but would otherwise do something that generates orbs. Orbs are more important than rage type refills.

I assume you're using Exodia Brave when you turn Gloom off? Because the wiki says that it doesn't recover energy while channeling an ability like Immolation, Renewal, etc.

• TYPE: In Game - Xbox One X
  • DESCRIPTION: Game/Console crashes mid-mission. Often accompanied with lagging/stuttering.
  • VISUAL: Unable to capture/save video when the entire console crashes.
  • REPRODUCTION: Happens more or less at random, and never with any kind of warning. I tend to run Sedna/Adaro for ranking up, so try that map with Sevagoth and Epitaph equipped?
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Game runs without crashing.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Game, as well as entire console OS, fully crash.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Has happened three times. Equipped with Sevagoth, Kohm, Epitaph, and Zaw.

My primary concern with this is the potential damage it could do to my console. Otherwise, really just a minor inconvenience. Thank you for your help!

Another point of feedback on Sevagoth, namely his Shadow.

For a while I thought he simply couldn't slide, because there was next to no visual feedback on the matter. Turns out he can crouch, but while moving the slide shifts the reticle down a negligible amount and that's the only indication.

A simple qol: give him a more "proper" slide animation, such as dragging a claw along the ground behind him (loosing the same bits of sparks fx as our normal slides). It would add functional visual feedback useful to parkour, and feed into the feelsgood factor of his whole dread wraith theme. 

More feedback after playing Sevagoth.

Main Body

Due to his squishy stats the lack of crowd control ability makes him dies pretty quickly if you take your sight off the screen for one second. I believe this exist for the passive to shine, but constantly dying without spamming gloom isn't that great or fun in my opinion. A simple fix for this is written below :

• Reap : Let it proc radiation status effect or give the shadow an aggro level so enemies can fire at it.

Shadow :

Problem one As a melee based controllable character that has to get close and personal to enemies, His shadow shouldn't have a very low HP and slightly above average armor value. Here is my suggested stats.

• Health increased from 100 base to 150 base.
  • Armor increased from 425 base to 600 base.

Problem two : Death's harvest energy cost is too high for a copy-paste Reap compared to Reap that has 25 energy and Reap has better area coverage compared to Death's Harvest. I can give two solutions to this problem :

• Decrease energy cost from 75 to 50 or
  • Increase base range from 12 to 25.

i would only wish they could buff sevagoth's shadow claws base range a little 1.5 for sword sized claws atop very long arms really feels weird to me i understand we have embrace to compensate but it still bugs me that they have less range then daggers with the size they are shown to be.

Archived