Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will all QoL Changes require a Slot from now on? [Discussion about Wisp's new Reservoirs Augment and other Band-Aid Mods]

Roble_Viejo

The new Wisp Augment was a QoL Change Request since Wisp's launch

The previous Wisp's Augment: Critical Surge (+10% CC to Sniper after teleporting to Reservoir up to 350% CC)
opened a whole new playstyle and builds for Wisp. It made a substantial impact in the amount of builds you
can play with her. Its strong, fun, and incentivizes min maxing and theory crafting. 

Now we got this: Omni Reservoir (Adds a 4th Reservoir Option which is all 3 at the same time)
Do you realize this is literally a slot less in the build so you have to tap the ability once instead of
three times? Is really wrong for me to think this should be baseline in Wisp kit and NOT an Augment?

I was watching the Devstream and I laughed when they showed that. 
Because I literally thought it was a joke.

So yeah, my concern is that every and each QoL from now own will come in the form of Augments
and will pretty much represent a slot less in your build. 

Im just... Sad. 

A much better idea from the top of my head:
Explosive Reservoirs: The Reticle to teleport to a Reservoir now also
allows to hold the ability cast to make it explode for X damage in its AoE, while 
refreshing the Duration of all Active Reservoirs (Active=Floating around players) 

Boom, that opens a new build (low duration, high strength and range) and doubles 
as the exact QoL that the current Omni Reservoir represent because you can refresh
all your Active Reservoirs instead of casting all three again. 

So yeah, comment down below YOUR idea to make this Augment an actual Augment
and not a bandaid QoL that should be in the base functionality to begin with. 

Thanks for reading. Peace and Love Tenno.
Have a nice day 🙏💜

hace 3 minutos, Joezone619 dijo:

If this ends up being the case, i really hope they add a warframe augment mod slot, that only 1 augment mod can go into.

Even with an exclusive slot for Augments "Omni Reservoir" is not worth slotting. 

This is an Augment that literally says "Press an Ability Once instead of Three Times"

I agree on the problem.
Seeing as quite a few Augments feel more like bandaid, taking a slot is a tall order. 
It makes a lot of Augments simply not worth using, or, if worth using, make many seem like they should be included in the standard kit. 

My proposed (longterm) solution: 
Give every Warframe four (or at least two) Augment slots
Then introduce more Augments for the same abilities, so you have to choose your preferred playstyle or for the right situation.
This would not only give Warframes more flexibility and individual playstyle, it would also make bandaid - augments or sidegrades less irritating.

12 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

If this ends up being the case, i really hope they add a warframe augment mod slot, that only 1 augment mod can go into.

Why even stop there? Some weapons have augments at their disposal, the syndicate mods are the first thing that come to mind, might as well add augment slots to them for the sake of potential expansion.

I would have understood the mote augment if it also still kept the skill cost at 25. But since it will cost the equal of 3 mote casts and the only function of the augment is that it casts all 3 at once, I really dont understand why it isnt just a QoL change to Wisp as a baseline.

So my idea for the augment is "get 3 for the price of 1" in addition to casting all 3 at once.

hace 3 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

I would have understood the mote augment if it also still kept the skill cost at 25. But since it will cost the equal of 3 mote casts and the only function of the augment is that it casts all 3 at once, I really dont understand why it isnt just a QoL change to Wisp as a baseline.

So my idea for the augment is "get 3 for the price of 1" in addition to casting all 3 at once.

I actually thought that's how it worked

Its even worse than I thought, holy poo

26 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Is really wrong for me to think this should be baseline in Wisp kit and NOT an Augment?

It's the same with many other frames... but it has been 8 years they said...

hace 1 minuto, JimmuTanno88 dijo:

I'm not particularly sure of the augment's usefulness myself, since it casts all 3 motes for the full energy cost. I'm no wisp player, but don't most wisps only use the health and speed motes, since shock can slow down enemies in defense waves and such?

Yes, there is a post on Reddit and the most commented issue by Wisp players is that 
they DONT want the Shock Reservoir

My take on this augment would refresh the active Reservoirs, meaning if you dont 
want the Shock one you can avoid it completely. 

Currently this augment forces you to cast all three. 

Seriously, I cant wrap my head around how someone can unironically think 
that a mod like this would make Wisp better, you know the meaning of Augment guys?

27 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I actually thought that's how it worked

Its even worse than I thought, holy poo

Yep it is pretty bad. It is already bad that we are forced into shock mote by utilizing that augment. Having us also pay for it makes it even worse, and then it also take sup a mod slot. I guess Wisp will stay on the shelf for me since I dont like her clunky #1 and I dont want the shock mote active either.

20 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

I'm not particularly sure of the augment's usefulness myself, since it casts all 3 motes for the full energy cost. I'm no wisp player, but don't most wisps only use the health and speed motes, since shock can slow down enemies in defense waves and such?

IMO the health mote is the least useful in most situations. Wisp shouldn't be getting hit if you use her whole kit so there is no need for extra hp or hp regen. She is invis while in the air, single tap of her 2 and she's invis, double tap of her 2 and she has 3 seconds of invulnerability, shock mote provides soft cc and and stuns enemies as you approach them and her 3 blinds everything. Combine all that with rolling guard and shield gating and she should only take health damage from a toxin proc. 

A lot of people only build for her one with high strength/duration but they are severely limiting her kit by ignoring the fact that she is an invisible/invulnerable frame that doesn't need healing at all.

I've yet to see the actual augment, but does it count as one reservoir, with all 3 buffs? If so, I guess you could place more buffs across the map, and have them grant all three buffs, as opposed to two of every reservoir at maximum. It's not very useful, but it's something, I guess.

If it's not that, yea not a great augment, DE.

2 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Now we got this: Omni Reservoir (Adds a 4th Reservoir Option which is all 3 at the same time)
Do you realize this is literally a slot less in the build so you have to tap the ability once instead of
three times? Is really wrong for me to think this should be baseline in Wisp kit and NOT an Augment?

While I agree in principle, Omni Reservoir isn't just letting you tap once instead of three times. If you look closer you'll notice that each triple-reservoir only counted as one towards her cap. Instead of capping out at 6 single-type reservoirs, the augment will allow you to have 6 triple-type reservoirs. In this case it's not just QoL, it's also a buff: you'll be able to get the same effect as 18 single-reservoirs.

Edit: Not to say that this is a good augment. It could be OK if it's Exilus, but improved base QoL and a different augment would probably be better. IMO if you keep holding her 1 she should start cycling and casting her other reservoirs until it gets back to the one you started on. Tap/Hold to cycle/cast, long hold to start casting the whole set.

I believe augments originaly were supposed to be QoL mods, but then they started adding ones that just straight up improve or change how abilities work. 

Either way, yeah, augments should've be handled differently, especially now that we have Helminth (that i still couldn't care to use)

Also, during devstream it looked like it's not simply a QoL mod, seemed like you could place much more motes with this augment, probably just a result of it being a WIP.

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

IMO the health mote is the least useful in most situations. Wisp shouldn't be getting hit if you use her whole kit so there is no need for extra hp or hp regen. She is invis while in the air, single tap of her 2 and she's invis, double tap of her 2 and she has 3 seconds of invulnerability, shock mote provides soft cc and and stuns enemies as you approach them and her 3 blinds everything. Combine all that with rolling guard and shield gating and she should only take health damage from a toxin proc. 

A lot of people only build for her one with high strength/duration but they are severely limiting her kit by ignoring the fact that she is an invisible/invulnerable frame that doesn't need healing at all.

you are only thinking about yourself. I mean it's ok if you want to build Wisp for solo play but she is a support frame, and a very good on at that so excuse others if they want to be a good team player. Replace her 4 with Roar and you'll have the best all round support frame in game

6 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Even with an exclusive slot for Augments "Omni Reservoir" is not worth slotting. 

This is an Augment that literally says "Press an Ability Once instead of Three Times"

You forget that it also lets you set up more reservoir zones

By default Wisp can only set up six reservoirs, so if you want all three buffs you only have two zones. That's fine in Defense, but Disruption? Survival? Defection if for some weird reason you're actually playing Defection?

This augment gives you genuine power: the ability to set up six triple-buff-recharge zones instead of only two. Genuine power takes up a mod slot

51 minutes ago, Raezor_7091 said:

you are only thinking about yourself. I mean it's ok if you want to build Wisp for solo play but she is a support frame, and a very good on at that so excuse others if they want to be a good team player. Replace her 4 with Roar and you'll have the best all round support frame in game

Yeah, I'm thinking about myself. I don't play video games to please the randoms I come across in pub squads, I play for my own enjoyment. 

There are very few situations in this game where support is remotely required. If someone is depending on my Wisp's vitality motes to survive they are beyond my help. They are going to die, and nothing I do will change that. Adding Roar to a frame is one the biggest waste of an ability slot. What content requires us to do even more damage? 

The only times I play Wisp as a support is when I handle lures and run PT with friends. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I've yet to see the actual augment, but does it count as one reservoir, with all 3 buffs? If so, I guess you could place more buffs across the map, and have them grant all three buffs, as opposed to two of every reservoir at maximum. It's not very useful, but it's something, I guess.

If it's not that, yea not a great augment, DE.

If it does let you place more than 2 of these mega reservoirs itll be useful for defection. You can have all 3 points fully covered at all times. (Shock mote is good for cc'ing all the crap that wants to kill the Kavor while you run). Outside of that, I see little use for it.

On 2021-04-30 at 6:39 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

QoL augments that should just be part of the base ability have been a thing for years now.

Yhea, true. But I can't remember another augment as bad as this one on that regard.

Archived