Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Blunderbuss and Primed Surefooted

parttimeparty

Come on DE. Please. Give the people what they deserve. 

Surefooted is way too long to wait for a mod that has become so intrinsic to the method of play you've built. 

Blunderbuss is just --- I'm speechless at this point.. Nothing more to say.

(also while you're at it, please overhaul almost the entire riven system, if you need any ideas, I went to college, hit me up)

12 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It took me 6+ years to get to 900 days for PSF. Waiting isn't "earning" and I'd personally give everyone that mod day 1 if I could.

i logged in every day, you can to. any one can you dont even have to play.

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It took me 6+ years to get to 900 days for PSF. Waiting isn't "earning" and I'd personally give everyone that mod day 1 if I could.

365-366 days in a year. 6+ years... Me thinks the math doesn't add up. Your laziness doesn't constitute a need to change on the part of others. Also, PSF shows up as an option on day 400, not 900. If you chose to take something else from the options available, like I did before PSF was changed to be a true 100%, then that's on you (and me) to deal with. So, deal with your mistake. (Like I did with my mistake.)

54 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

i logged in every day, you can to. any one can you dont even have to play.

4 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

365-366 days in a year. 6+ years... Me thinks the math doesn't add up. Your laziness

Yea my bad for taking breaks to do other stuff. I'd still give the mod to both of you if I could.

2 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Yea my bad for taking breaks to do other stuff. I'd still give the mod to both of you if I could.

I mean, it literally only takes a minute or two to log in, accept the log in reward, then leave. I don't see how that is so difficult to do 400 times. No need to run missions or anything.

8 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

Surefooted is [...] a mod that has become so intrinsic to the method of play you've built.

It isn't, though?

I use Launcher weapons quite frequently, with or without Status protection abilities (and never with that Mod in fact), it's 100% optional.

Learning how to space yourself correctly (and accepting the short loss of control when you eventually mess up lol) is part of the game.

That said, putting gameplay additions, rather than "just" cosmetics, behind multiple hundreds of login days is ... yeah, not a huge fan of that.

Maybe reaching a certain Mastery Rank could unlock these rewards early at Simaris, or something.

14 hours ago, VhwatGoes said:

very constructive.

ask any player who is over MR 30 and has played for more than 3 years, primed blunderbuss should have been released a long time ago.

Instead they said they plan on releasing "a shotgun recoil mod" 

Which we are all very excited for.

This is seriously their plan

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It isn't, though?

I use Launcher weapons quite frequently, with or without Status protection abilities (and never with that Mod in fact), it's 100% optional.

Learning how to space yourself correctly (and accepting the short loss of control when you eventually mess up lol) is part of the game.

That said, putting gameplay additions, rather than "just" cosmetics, behind multiple hundreds of login days is ... yeah, not a huge fan of that.

Maybe reaching a certain Mastery Rank could unlock these rewards early at Simaris, or something.

That would work

Also just give it to Baro and give the guys who logged in that many times something else comparable. 

14 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It isn't, though?

It depends on how you use the weapons with self stagger. I love using Proboscis Cernos as a utility primer that groups enemies for easy melee, PSF makes that possible. If I staggered/knocked myself down every time I went to melee it wouldn't be very effective or fun. I also use Scourge, Kuva Ogris and Epitaph as utility primers and all of those weapons cause stagger/knock down. That's 4 of my favorite weapons that require PSF if I want to use them in a way that I enjoy. 

I've always liked the idea of MR unlocking the primed mods that are currently only available as log in reward. Time gated log in rewards suck because you can't progress at your own pace. If you progress through the game quickly like I did you're stuck waiting hundreds of days to get a single mod/weapon to complete builds. I knew I wanted Zenith and PSF for profit taker runs after playing like 6 months but I had to wait for days 300 and 400 (I messed up on day 100 and got Zenistar like a week before it was nerfed).

On 2021-05-28 at 6:13 PM, parttimeparty said:

if you need any ideas, I went to college, hit me up)

Really? I kind of want to believe you were hacked. 

I don't want to believe a human being seriously went ahead and unironically posted this. 

Seriously?

vor 20 Stunden schrieb parttimeparty:

ask any player who is over MR 30 and has played for more than 3 years, primed blunderbuss should have been released a long time ago.

Instead they said they plan on releasing "a shotgun recoil mod" 

Which we are all very excited for.

This is seriously their plan

Hi,

MR 30 playing for more than 3 years here.

Thanks for speaking for me and using me instead of having an actual argument.

No, a bunch of shotguns used to be the strongest single target guns (Tigris Prime was called a god killer, Kohm was spray and delete everything) until they messed around with their status calculations somewhat recently, changed/buffed factions, changed enemy scaling, the elemental meta changed (viral over corrosive, slash not ignoring shields anymore etc.) and access to beefier enemies became easy.

NOW - after the game evolved over years - Primed Blunderbuss could arguably be fine. "A long time ago" Primed Blunderbuss would have been bonkers.

That's how an actual argument in favor of Primed Blunderbuss could be formulated for example. Personally, I don't care too much currently since single target guns (aka most if not all shotguns too) suck right now and Primed Blunderbuss wouldn't change that. 

On 2021-05-29 at 5:26 AM, xZeromusx said:

If you chose to take something else from the options available, like I did before PSF was changed to be a true 100%, then that's on you (and me) to deal with. So, deal with your mistake. (Like I did with my mistake.)

This is actually my guess on why someone seems to have vandalized the wiki site removing examples of enemies that force a animation rather than trigger the status proc stagger (like some amalgam enemy attacks that go through everything except rhino/nezha) and then got it locked with a cut video where a nova never shoots herself till the last explosion, despite it easily being demonstrated to be 100% by using high fire rate self damage guns or terra elite trenchers.

15 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It depends on how you use the weapons with self stagger. I love using Proboscis Cernos as a utility primer that groups enemies for easy melee, PSF makes that possible. If I staggered/knocked myself down every time I went to melee it wouldn't be very effective or fun. I also use Scourge, Kuva Ogris and Epitaph as utility primers and all of those weapons cause stagger/knock down. That's 4 of my favorite weapons that require PSF if I want to use them in a way that I enjoy. 

I've always liked the idea of MR unlocking the primed mods that are currently only available as log in reward. Time gated log in rewards suck because you can't progress at your own pace. If you progress through the game quickly like I did you're stuck waiting hundreds of days to get a single mod/weapon to complete builds. I knew I wanted Zenith and PSF for profit taker runs after playing like 6 months but I had to wait for days 300 and 400 (I messed up on day 100 and got Zenistar like a week before it was nerfed).

I like to play Khora in Derelict Survival sometimes... guess why I use PSF? Oh right... the forum consensus is that everyone who uses PSF is using it because they're sloppy with explosive weapons. It's never the dozens of Ancient Disruptors/Toxic Ancients/Ancient Healers in Infested tile sets... or Scorpions in Grineer Tilesets. Nope, no sir! Must be sloppy use of explosive weapons!

And positioning and foot work don't matter when there are DOZENS of them. You can't see 360 degrees around you. Yes, even with Strangledomes up and CC'ing enemies, I do get hooked by these enemies. Heck, I've even been harpooned 2-3x simultaneously for a technical one-shot! Freaking Ancients are nasty... and they're the primary reason I use PSF (along with Scorpions).

Am 30.5.2021 um 15:23 schrieb nslay:

I like to play Khora in Derelict Survival sometimes... guess why I use PSF? Oh right... the forum consensus is that everyone who uses PSF is using it because they're sloppy with explosive weapons. It's never the dozens of Ancient Disruptors/Toxic Ancients/Ancient Healers in Infested tile sets... or Scorpions in Grineer Tilesets. Nope, no sir! Must be sloppy use of explosive weapons!

And positioning and foot work don't matter when there are DOZENS of them. You can't see 360 degrees around you. Yes, even with Strangledomes up and CC'ing enemies, I do get hooked by these enemies. Heck, I've even been harpooned 2-3x simultaneously for a technical one-shot! Freaking Ancients are nasty... and they're the primary reason I use PSF (along with Scorpions).

True, i use PSF also by default because of that if the frame hasn't reliable status/kd immunity available - which a lot of them do by the way. 

People can play one of them if they don't have PSF yet but insist on wanting to face tank their own aoe explosions. I'll list a few that I remember for that one whiney person who might be willing to adapt stumbling over this thread:

• Atlas (passive)  
  • Nezha (Warding Halo/Firewalker - Helminth ability btw) 
  • Revenant (Mesmer Skin) 
  • Rhino (Iron Skin) 
  • Inaros (Negation Swarm augment) 
  • Titania (Spellbind - Helminth ability btw) 
  • Gauss (Kinetic Plating) 
  • Nekros (Shield of Shadows augment) 
  • Oberon (Hallowed Ground) 
  • Nyx (Assimilate augment)
  • Nidus (Parasitic Link) 

Those are the ones I remember right now anyways. Most of them are perma immune to kd by default just by playing and building them properly. If it must be another frame without their own option(s) available -> try Helminth. There are probably a few valid ones I forgot about and some odd ones left plus some stuff like Negate. Research. Adapt.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

True, i use PSF also by default because of that if the frame hasn't reliable status/kd immunity available - which a lot of them do by the way. 

People can play one of them if they don't have PSF yet but insist on wanting to face tank their own aoe explosions. I'll list a few that I remember for that one whiney person who might be willing to adapt stumbling over this thread: Atlas (passive), Nezha (Warding Halo/Firewalker - Helminth ability btw), Revenant (Mesmer Skin), Rhino (Iron Skin), Inaros (Negation Swarm augment), Titania (Spellbind - Helminth ability btw), Gauss (Kinetic Plating), Nekros (Shield of Shadows augment), Oberon (Hallowed Ground), Nyx (Assimilate augment). Those are the ones I remember right now anyways. Most of them are perma immune to kd by default just by playing and building them properly. If it must be another frame without their own option(s) available -> try Helminth. There are probably a few valid ones I forgot about and some odd ones left plus some stuff like Negate. Research. Adapt.

Before I got PSF, I used SF... and that worked pretty well too. Obviously 100% reliable immunity is better, but 60% is still pretty darn good compared to 0%.

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

Before I got PSF, I used SF... and that worked pretty well too. Obviously 100% reliable immunity is better, but 60% is still pretty darn good compared to 0%.

And Sure Footed + Power Drift is 90%. 

It's far from ideal, but people without PSF or Helminth can get 100% if nothing less will do by adding Fortitude.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb nslay:

Yeah, I'm just not a chance-guy. I want to be able to rely on my build. Personal preference. So, I get why someone might have an aversion to just 60%.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tiltskillet:

And Sure Footed + Power Drift is 90%. 

It's far from ideal, but people without PSF or Helminth can get 100% if nothing less will do by adding Fortitude.

Nice. I didn't even think about that yet. Something new was learned. Even more alternatives until someone gets PSF.

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Really? I kind of want to believe you were hacked. 

I don't want to believe a human being seriously went ahead and unironically posted this. 

Seriously?

Its a joke dude. Relax. Im just poking fun at DE's seeming of knowledge about their own systems.

Archived