Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

PPP is not a choice in the Live Build, CO is simply better in all situations. In all situations, thanks to Weeping Wounds, forced Status Procs from Stances and Primer Guns.

There's no existing content in which PPP's slight head start compares to how much stronger CO gets.

Slowed down CO will at the very least create some niche for PPP to slot in, because, and let me repeat myself, PPP on the Live Build has no use when compared to CO.

Of course there is. CO doesn't apply bonus damage to the hit that procs the status. So on your first hit, you are guaranteed to deal *no* bonus damage if you are playing melee-only, or don't have a gun well suited to priming large groups of enemies. On your second hit, you're still dealing less damage than PPP. Only on your third hit will you pull ahead of PPP - and this is all assuming you have 100% status chance. With the incoming change to CO, still assuming you have 100% status, that's now your 4th hit where you will pull ahead of PPP. If for whatever reason you lose your combo, or don't have Weeping Wounds equipped, it only gets worse from there.

5 минут назад, Petroklos сказал:

Yeah, if your Guns can't kill Steel Path Medium, or at least Light Grineer Units, you're doing something wrong.

If you need mods to kill something you can kill without those - then you are doing something wrong.

4 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

Yeah, if your Guns can't kill Steel Path Medium, or at least Light Grineer Units, you're doing something wrong.

wait hold on, if you mean OVERALL BUILD... yes correct but we are talking about invididual primary and / or secondary build... can you kill it without any buff from chroma? That's what we are talking about right? Not just overall build meta using specific kinds of warframe and specifics arcane or whatever build...

Am i missing a point here? What is this dev workshop want to tackle man???

Condition Overload now needs 4 status instead of 3 status to outperform PPP.

Blood Rush is no longer a 1-mod red crit machine.

Weeping Wounds...I have no opinion.

As for Berserker, I can get my Gram Prime working just fine with current Berserker and I don't see 5% less overall power changing that...also who actually ran Fury+Berserker?

Только что, Diedact сказал:

I came here expecting to be pleased to spray and prey with rifles, my only takeaway was the Requiem Ultimatums. THANK YOU DE for fixing the system.

Fixing what ? They fixed nothing.

@[DE]Rebecca

Nukor beam

PLEASE revert the visual circular beam back the way it was. 

r/Warframe - Make the beams from beam weapons visually unique

I liked the circler laser effect, that was one of the reasons I like this weapon because it wasn't like any other beam weapon and now you removed the visual uniqueness of the weapon because of the feature for the kuva nukor. you said it yourself people are using it a lot coz of the feature, I would rather you remove that feature and give it a new one. Again please make the beam visually back the way it was.

Glaives:

ON CONTROLERS, The throw button used to be one the secondary fire but ever since the change it`s now on the melee button, this change was unnecessary. The reason why the glaives before the update was good was because the throw was separate from the melee attack button which made it easier to aim at enemies which made it more fluid, that`s why using gunblades are good not but now it feels unconfutable when using and is hard to move and throw it at the same time, also its a hold to throw instead of a press and this is a better solution then increasing the throw charge.

I couldn't enjoy using them coz of the button changes, please revert this back to the way it was.

Can you also make the stalker drop steel essence and arcanes? at the moment when the stalker appears, he doesn`t drop them.

Just to add steel path needs more improvements for it to be a better experience, Here are some improvements that will benefit it.

1 minute ago, ReasonX said:

when hunting an eidolon, theres no trash unit for you.

when hunting demolist, theres no time for you to find trash unit.

when hunting profit taker, you use chroma and damage is always excessive.

so where Galvanized Mods is useful?

killing heavy gunners?

they are also trash unit, man.

People weren't asking for more Damage on Eidolons and Profit Taker, people were asking for more Damage for Guns vs High Levels and Steel Path, and that's what they're getting.

People were also wrong, because what Guns need is AoE, but that's another bucket of worms.

And Heavy Gunners, against most Guns, on Steel Path, are certainly not Trash Units. Nor are Noxes, Bursas, Juggernauts, etc.

As for Demolishers, in the only type of Content that the Galvanized Mods would actually be needed(?), there'll be plenty of Light Units to get the Mods started, Medium Units to keep them active as they start stacking buffs and plenty of any Unit to keep them active, while waiting or hunting for the Demolishers.

The durations may be too short for that specific purpose, but that certainly doesn't make the Mods "useless" as some imply, and it's also something that is impossible for us to know until we test it out.

35 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

Condition Overload won't be worse than Primed Pressure Point, and it's obviously not what they intend.

Current Condition Overload vs Primed Pressure Point:

• No Status Effects: 0% vs 165%
  • One Status Effect: 120% vs 165%
  • Two Status Effects: 240% vs 165%, CO is already better.

Proposed Condition Overload vs Primed Pressure Point:

• No Status Effects: 0% vs 165%
  • One Status Effect: 80% vs 165%
  • Two Status Effects: 160% vs 165%, CO is insignificantly worse, a total Damage Loss of (1 + .8*2) / (1 + 1.65) = 2.6/2.65 = 98%, 2% Damage Loss.
  • Three Status Effects: 240% vs 165%, and CO is in the lead again.

Adding to this how ridiculously easy it is to stack Status Effects on Enemies, 1+ IPS and 1+ Elemental from your Melee, plus 1+ IPS and 1+ Elemental from your Primer Gun, reaching 2 Status Effects, aka equal to PPP, is guaranteed and scaling beyond that is still extremely easy.

CO will remain the defacto Damage Mod for any Endless, Steel Path, Level Cap, etc styled Mission, every Status Melee, most Hybrid Melees, all Hybrid Melees with Weeping Wounds and even some Crit Melees with Weeping Wounds.

part two coming soon knowing how de had to fix things when a fresh patch comes out

This will be awesome To try and Grind those many New items <3 <3 <3 <3 . i am so excited , 
Thanks you so much . finnaly primary will have they use ^^ my fingers hurting from spamming EEEEEEEEE all the time to kill high level enemies with Melee only <3 <3 <3

11 minutes ago, Unibot said:

If you need mods to kill something you can kill without those - then you are doing something wrong.

Is the logic of "We need more Damage against Heavy Enemy Units, so we kill Lite Units to get the power needed for the aforementioned Heavy Units" too hard to follow?

Lite Unit < Base Damage < Medium Unit < Some Galvanized Damage < Heavy Unit < Full Galvanized Damage

Simple enough?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Generally speaking, we feel that gun stats are in a good place, but it's the Mods that are lacking

Our goal is to encourage you to use your entire Arsenal in-mission. Switching between Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons should feel like valid and strategic options

sorry I don't understand.
You want players to switch weapons but you add the effects that trigger on kill, last X seconds, so I need to keep using primary/secondary OR melee - weapon recoil or ammo max gives no bonus to melee, and if I get a melee kill I might be already in a melee range a roll away from the next enemy and the next one. This seems completely 180 from what you want to go for
I'm not a huge expert but it seems like people lean towards certain weapons because of their stats, so why not round up the damage of other weapons to make them more viable with existing mods and raise the damage bar across the board so there is more viable options and a reason to use them over melee? why all the bloodrage effects for limited time so I need to press on fast to keep the bonus? This will not be helpful on bosses either cause those that have adds, don't have them as a constant spawn (please don't take it away as making constant add spawn on bosses)

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Condition Overload now needs 4 status instead of 3 status to outperform PPP.

Blood Rush is no longer a 1-mod red crit machine.

Weeping Wounds...I have no opinion.

As for Berserker, I can get my Gram Prime working just fine with current Berserker and I don't see 5% less overall power changing that...also who actually ran Fury+Berserker?

I think they forgot about other speed mods, rivens, arcanes, frame abilities...now that I think about it... they just took a bit of crit chance from some weapons.

seinfeld whatever GIF

Just now, Petroklos said:

Is the logic of "We need more Damage against Heavy Enemy Units, so we kill Lite Units to get the power needed for the aforementioned Heavy Units" too hard to follow?

Lite Unit < Base Damage < Medium Unit < Some Galvanized Damage < Heavy Unit < Full Galvanized Damage

Simple enough?

Is it though? These new  buffs are almost certainly additive, and with Sponge Path doing its thing, having maybe 200% net outputs from galva-stacks and arcanes is still not putting much of a dent in the discrepancy between a Corrupt Butcher and a CHG.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb DeadS1lence:

So, when does the age-restriction on the video gets removed? :)

this.

i actually didnt know youtube would do more than just inform about the content.

now it really demands age confirmation via credit card or passport scan....imagine.....

Why not balance the mods/systems we already have rather than more new mods? Instead of more endo/credits spent! More forma on EVERYTHING!

Want to make guns more powerful? Give them arcanes? Give? Unlock those arcane slots with EVEN MORE GRINDING!

Also for no reason nerf all glaives and the Nukor.

Melee gets instantly nerfed across the board but is there an instant buff to primary and secondary weapons to make up the difference and encourage people to use them more?

If you actually want your guns to be powerful you better go grind for these new mods, grind to rank them up, grind more forma, grind for arcanes, grind for arcane slots grind grind grind grind grind.

6 minutes ago, AEGZERO said:

Now I believe that most of those people who played 300h in game knows a lot about the game and how these changes would affect it. PLEASE use public test.

if you say about nukor, i know new crit mod will make nukor so OP. and i know the new mods almost replace the old primed mod, i just don't like the way DE throw the old values like a trash. The new is release, become so OP then be neft, and repeat..

It's hard to tell if it's good without testing but so far my gripe is Berserker's On Kill condition. It's going to be tricky to maintain the buff against hard to kill target especially with its duration nerfed to 10 seconds. But then again it needs field tests.

While it's hard for me to accept the change from On Crit to On Kill, the nerf to its duration is really appalling.

Archived