Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

Don't like the nerfs shouldn't be a surprise but some are going way too far.

Nukor's okay though, do remember to bump it back to 4 when you get mad at its numbers and nerf them too though.

I hate all this tying stuff to kills though, 4 people can only milk one kill out of a unit and once one gets it, is better then the rest, chances are good they'll be stealing even more. Have them give out a half stack to the team if they get them or have crits give those at the least. I see real little reason to use any of the gun boosts as its unreliable, the durations are low and it'll be really unfun to fight everyone for kills encouraging more hallway heroing which is hell on defense missions (which is all DE ever do anymore.)

1 минуту назад, Petroklos сказал:

Are we even playing the same game? Does the TTK on a Butcher vs a Heavy Gunner even compare? Of a Leaper vs a Jugulus? Of a Shield Osprey vs a Bursa?

You kill the Trash Units with the existing power level builds, to trigger the Galvanized Effects and start scaling your Damage so that you can kill the Heavy Units faster.

Steel path with added armor and health says hello.

I thought ya'll said you wouldn't be balancing the game around Steel Path but that's exactly where we're at right now?

Why are gun arcanes the only kind of arcane slot we have to unlock when arcane slots for warframes, zaws, kitguns, operators, and amps have been open since their introduction? If you really wanted to close the gap between melee and ranged, you wouldn't put an additional obstacle in the way of these new mods and arcanes.

Adding all these new mods and arcanes behind Steel Path does not change the inherent problems with the game mode, in which only meta builds are allowed to succeed. Starting off in Steel Path means you will not have these game changing enhancements, so they'll just be stuck with the same old meta as before. While the buffs to Steel Essence drops are encouraging, why continue to put so much stuff behind Steel Path?

Melee and Kuva Nukor nerfs are sad but not as bad as I thought. Berserker can actually be useful on other weapons and it not stacking with Fury mods is a non-issue to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Unibot said:

I think he made a clear point that if you can kill things without new mods - you don't need  new mods. And if you can't - then these mods won't help you in doing so.

Exactly. DE is suggesting we intentionally nerf ourselves to shoot more bullets at enemies to kill stuff ( in multiplayer good luck!) to buff ourselves...slightly. Lol 😂 nah my secondary gun mods are fine. So in a sense no change unless you have a riven. 

I dont hate what i saw on stream as much as i was afraid i would.

1) berserker changes: this means almost nothing to me but might have the (unintended?) Side effect of making primed fury even more irrelevant. 

I dont really agree with their assesment of attack speed being a problem. And i dont know of many, if any, players who ever bother to use fury + berserker. Most players i know have always been happy with 1 source of extra attack speed.

2) blood rush: the blood rush nerf isnt entirely unexpected but oof. I dont think it got dumpstered, but oof.

3) CO: they dont want CO to completely outclass primed pressure point but it probably still will in most cases. 2 status effects = Primed Pressure point basically, right?

I guess thats "more balanced" than it being significantly better than primed pressure point but most melee weapons are going to be doing more than 2 status effects, so its still going to be the optimal choice even not considering status primers.

The exception (i guess?) To that rule would be when enemies dont have enough EHP to justify CO because ppp will 1 hit (or close to it) faster but that seems like a meh usecase. 

31 minutes ago, (PSN)GOTWIC said:

So what's up with SE despawning in 5 minutes??????????????

To counter the current best SE farm, which is piling a bunch of SE on the floor until you get at least 2+ stacking double drop Smeeta buff. 

I like how the SE despawning part isn't written in any of the posts. It's only in the video. 

6分钟前 , Petroklos 说:

If your existing Guns on the Live Build can't kill trash Units to get the Galvanized Mods going, something's very wrong with your builds.

when hunting an eidolon, theres no trash unit for you.

when hunting demolist, theres no time for you to find trash unit.

when hunting profit taker, you use chroma and damage is always excessive.

so where Galvanized Mods is useful?

killing heavy gunners?

they are also trash unit, man.

My opinion is that it wasn't nearly as harsh as I expected. I expected a hard attack speed cap at a relatively low value of 2.0 and no attack speed buff stacking (Meaning, Arcane Strike wouldn't work with Primed Fury). Thus, I am pleased.

The decrease in damage output doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things considering armor is the only problem in WF and you'll still be bypassing with slash procs or reducing it with abilities. Heavy/Elite units can also now be killed quite early with impact procs, so they are not a concern either.

The arcanes are an interesting idea, but none of them benefit semiautomatic weapons, which are the ones most in need of help. What this will do is increase the gap between [explosive and automatic weapons] and [semi automatic weapons and bows] which will get left hideously behind

The galvanized mods are a reinforcing of the mandatory mods. Once these enter the market there will be no build variation. Can't you please just give us amalgam mods with damage/multishot and other useful stats like reload, flight speed, magazine size, punchthough, so we can properly build each weapon the way we want to, instead of building purely for damage and hoping the reload doesn't suck?

1 minute ago, ReasonX said:

when hunting an eidolon, theres no trash unit for you.

when hunting demolist, theres no time for you to find trash unit.

when hunting profit taker, you use chroma and damage is always excessive.

so where Galvanized Mods is useful?

killing heavy gunners?

they are also trash unit, man.

Your forgot to add in multiplayer. Lol Galvanized mods are completely useless. Even more so confirms my claim this is a solo player with multiplayer options and not a coop game in anyway shape or form. 

The arcanes and mods should have been split up more to cater better to the strengths and drawbacks of AoE, fast, slow, single target and so on weapons.

AoE for instance will be fine with the short duration and on kill trigger. Slower single target weapons would be better off with a shorter duration aswell, but trigger simply on "on headshot" instead of "on headshot kill". This would allow for a more varied playstyle also, where you may bring the AoE gun to handle trash and then pop out the single target gun for things like Acolytes or bosses, without having to rely on their being masses of adds around to headshot. 

Luckily the game doesnt really rely on boss killing, so it isnt that big of an issue, but placing all eggs in one "on kill" basket mechanic seems really... uhm... I dont wanna say lazy... uhm... poorly planned? You dont know if a future comes that will revolve more around boss kills, why not make mods/arcanes that can cater to that instead of having to face that problem when it comes?

edit: Oh and the melee nerfs look OK, unless you love using extremely slow weapons. I also cant see myself moving away from melee. Rivens with AS also became all the more meta now.

Archived