Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

I love the gun changes and the melee nerfs seems perfectly fine to me. Will have to test them out but all in all you highly exceeded my expectations and I feel like this is a very positive change for the game! :smile:

• Like 12

At first glance I'm cautiously optimistic, at least regarding bringing guns and melee closer together.

Melee nerf: no surprise, they had it coming.

Gun mods: hard to say how that plays out just by the look of it, hope you let people test them before you finalise it.

This doesn't address three things though:

• Imbalance between weapons of a class is widening whenever there's new mods because everything is multiplicative.

• Are you going to touch up on elements again? I might be wrong, but thought that was still on the plate.

• High-end damage is already through the roof. So for everything below Steel Path these changes hardly matter even with current gun mods. What are the plans in that regard?
Edited by Kontrollo
improved
  • Like 37

Who is going to play braton, athodai or Sh it like that when you can use staltha, spectra vandal or phage. You say 'We are changing Melee and Primary in for the singular purpose of making the combat experience more balanced, especially at high level play (Steel Path, etc). ' But it will make a even bigger gap between great weapon and the ones that are bad. 
Take each weapon, balance them for once and for all, do same things for rivens: gg
Melee nerf is really good tho but why would you stack attack speed mods when you have arcane/volt speed/ (insert attack speed buff)

Edited by Boll
Yoll
  • Like 44

This looks very nice! I think the right things got an appropriate nerf and the new ways to make guns better look very interesting. I like that the Arcanes all have the same max damage increase, but require different amount of kills to achieve it. I can't wait to try all this out!

Edited by di0n08O8
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, TheGuyver said:

What about hammers and other slow melee weapons? It's going to hurt them without being able to stack fury and berserker.

quickening still exists. so you can run quickening and berserker for 40%+70%=110% instead of primed fury and berserker for 55%+75%=130%. they didn't prevent stacking attack speed mods, they just made berserker a fury variation. so this is not a big change

• Like 23

This seems like a start, but something feels off. I'm not a theory crafter, but some of the changes here seem to be potentially huge unintentional buffs. Arca Plasmor meta back in business?

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

What about hammers and other slow melee weapons? It's going to hurt them without being able to stack fury and berserker.

Rivens will be the saving grace I guess. But shouldn't have to rely on rivens

• Like 21

I am surprised to see Condition Overload and Nukor nerfed in the same patch. Or maybe not.

Nukor is actually not that greatest on its own, so I figured nerfing Condition Overload will be enough to put it in balanced spot. But with that AoE nerf I guess I will just pick Epitaph instead.

Glaive nerfs are... weird. I honestly suspected the only problem child among glaives is Glaive Prime so nerfing them all around is another weird choice. I guess it's not big deal, Imma just switch my Aura to the one that speeds up heavy attack speed.

I don't have comments on the gun changes yet but they sound incredibly strong.

• Like 13