Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Gun CO Mods Do Not Work on Projectiles

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Melee had the exact same issue with projectiles and CO.

Never really used CO - did they ever patch that? Or can we expect this behaviour / "bug" to be around indefinitely?

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Title. They (Galvanized Apitude/Savvy/Shot)  scale off of base 10 damage instead the weapon's base damage on projectiles, if it even works at all.

And here's the funny part; Melee had the exact same issue with projectiles and CO.

This "gun buff" keeps getting better and better /s

I did some testing about this and at the very least the following weapons reap no benefit whatsoever from the new mods:

Komorex, Proboscis Cernos, Mutalist Cernos, Exergis, Epitaph

Proboscis' Cernos does benefit, but only minimally, from Galvanized Apitude/Savvy/Shot. (Versus a level 20 charger, unmodded, with only Galv Shot, initial shot damage was 314 damage with zero statuses initially, applying two using the epitaph's forced cold proc and likely blast proc resulting in 332 damage). I haven't done extensive testing with the rest, only enough to notice the lack of effect.

All testing was done in the simulacrum, solo.

Edit: recorded video evidence of the bug in the megathread

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Oh I meant that it won't be as powerful if it's base damage, galvanized diffusion is great however

Yeah but the problem seems to be specifically for projectile weapons. Dex Pixia is hitscan, not projectile :)

Additional testing ingame on Adaro, Sedna using a high range, high duration Limbo build and cataclysm/stasis:

Heavy Gunner charged body shots using the Epitaph did 133 damage without crits, 345 with. This was with an Epitaph modded only with Galvanized Shot, but without the damage bonus active due to a lack of both status effects and the buff itself.

I then proceeded to apply status gratuitously using the Cedo and the Epitaph's quickshot. I then immediately charged a shot and fired at the body, also dealing 133 damage without crits, 345 with.

Simulacrum testing yielded the same results. This isn't another sim bug. please fix this, I'd really like to use them Galvanized mods on projectile weapons. Even had the forma and everything done on some of them D:

I talked about in region chat that galvanized aptitude wasn't improving any builds and the vitriol I received was hilarious. People just #*!%ing hated my guts for criticizing it telling me my weapons suck, my builds suck, I suck, get good, and whispers too. And I could tell not one of them used it themselves.

Ah nice. Make sense why they make the Phage and Kuva Nukor, damage went up so much but barely does anything for the Bubonico and Kuva Brakk.  Beam and hitscans weapons should be fine, just protectile weapons are bugged correct?  

Bump, hopefully DE can see this and fix it as soon as possible. 

Edit: wait nvm the brakk is hitscan im an idiot. Gotta tweak up my build a bit later.  

Hmm I thought it felt off on the bubonico and epitaph, couldn't really notice on the beam weapons though. 

I could see the obvious extra Multishot , I couldn't quite notice the damage ramp up with status, guess I know why.

Hitdcan weapons are working as intended though so that's something , good thing I haven't formad my other projectile weapons yet.

Good news is, fair chance this finally  get the underlying bug(s) fixed, assuming it's all one root issue.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Title. They (Galvanized Apitude/Savvy/Shot)  scale off of base 10 damage instead the weapon's base damage on projectiles, if it even works at all.

And here's the funny part; Melee had the exact same issue with projectiles and CO.

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Additional testing ingame on Adaro, Sedna using a high range, high duration Limbo build and cataclysm/stasis:

Heavy Gunner charged body shots using the Epitaph did 133 damage without crits, 345 with. This was with an Epitaph modded only with Galvanized Shot, but without the damage bonus active due to a lack of both status effects and the buff itself.

I then proceeded to apply status gratuitously using the Cedo and the Epitaph's quickshot. I then immediately charged a shot and fired at the body, also dealing 133 damage without crits, 345 with.

Simulacrum testing yielded the same results. This isn't another sim bug. please fix this, I'd really like to use them Galvanized mods on projectile weapons. Even had the forma and everything done on some of them D:

Thanks for doing this.

Il y a 12 heures, Rose a dit :

I have to be annoying and point out that if you didn't get X kills, the mod won't work, even while proccing as many statuses as you want. Maybe I misread, but you never said you killed anything.

10 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I have to be annoying and point out that if you didn't get X kills, the mod won't work, even while proccing as many statuses as you want. Maybe I misread, but you never said you killed anything.

Wait really, the CO for guns mod requires kills?

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

I made sure the buff value was at 3x, but I did indeed forget to say that. My bad.

I recorded a video that shows the problem pretty clearly, with an ignis wraith modded for gas/cold (Cedo applies heat which removes armor, which gives the illusion of the buff working) and the Epitaph (galvanized shot only). Builds aren't shown but the icon for Shot's damage bonus appears.

20 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I talked about in region chat that galvanized aptitude wasn't improving any builds and the vitriol I received was hilarious. People just #*!%ing hated my guts for criticizing it telling me my weapons suck, my builds suck, I suck, get good, and whispers too. And I could tell not one of them used it themselves.

unfortunately that's a side effect of the vitriol borne from negative reactions to the changes, some of which were genuinely unwarranted, but yes, if the mods are bugged (which they are, and I'd still put my money on that before knowing it), speaking out about it would invite people to question if it's you and not the mods that is the problem.

I imagine that a fix will come eventually.

Archived