Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

no cross-play: people complains.

yes cross-play: people complains.

suck to be DE 😢

Nah, DE, just like every other dev or any company really, understands when they see whiney people and know how to ignore them. Sometimes, people are just looking for attention and are willing to say or do anything to get that attention.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soy77 said:

no cross-play: people complains.

yes cross-play: people complains.

suck to be DE 😢

More like:
No crossplay: people complain
No crossplay or info about it for half a year since they announced: people complain

DE did this to themselves again. They love to make promises to create hype, then they push it for years. Sucks to be someone who eats all this.

47 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

More like:
No crossplay: people complain
No crossplay or info about it for half a year since they announced: people complain

DE did this to themselves again. They love to make promises to create hype, then they push it for years. Sucks to be someone who eats all this.

Replace "DE" with [basically every game developer out there]

Publisher's business strategy to release a game/content on certain window, and gamer's inability to be patient is the real culprit.

Remember cyberpunk?

That game wouldn't get as negative reactions if cdpr release it now instead of last year.

Well at least every game companies aside from nintendo. We're lucky that nintendo is living in their own bubble and so disconnected with our demands. they just wanna release polished games. Botw got a record breaking delay, through a whopping full console life cycle, then it win GOTY.

Edited by Soy77

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Replace "DE" with [basically every game developer out there]

Publisher's business strategy to release a game/content on certain window, and gamer's inability to be patient is the real culprit.

Remember cyberpunk?

That game wouldn't get as negative reactions if cdpr release it now instead of last year.

Well at least every game companies aside from nintendo. We're lucky that nintendo is living in their own bubble and so disconnected with our demands. they just wanna release polished games. Botw got a record breaking delay, through a whopping full console life cycle, then it win GOTY.

Thanks, cyberpunk is a perfect example that shouldn't be followed. They delayed cyberpunk by like 3 times, for a cumulative 1 year, and it was still in terrible condition instead of being released as a bug free and polished game after an extra year of development. It's the companys fault they hyped people for an unfinished product.

"Other game developers are same/worse" is not a reason to set unrealistic dates or promise unrealistic features.

4 hours ago, sitfesz said:

Thanks, cyberpunk is a perfect example that shouldn't be followed. They delayed cyberpunk by like 3 times, for a cumulative 1 year, and it was still in terrible condition instead of being released as a bug free and polished game after an extra year of development. It's the companys fault they hyped people for an unfinished product.

"Other game developers are same/worse" is not a reason to set unrealistic dates or promise unrealistic features.

I'm actually a fan of cdpr and from what i followed, what really pushed cdpr to prematurely released the game was sony and ms. Those companies want cyberpunk as a release title for their 9th gen consoles.

Cdpr name was synonymous with player-friendly because they did everything right with every witcher games before. They were "the good guys". It's sad to see one of the most beloved game dev in the world now became public enemy instead.

In the end, i agree that "Other game developers are same/worse" is not a reason to set unrealistic dates or promise unrealistic features. But expecting DE to became the exception instead of the rule is a little demanding, isn't it? By all means they should. But I won't hold my breath to the possibility if they could.

• Like 1

Well, since no one else noticed: DE announced cross play / cross- save for next year (2022)

Furthering its commitment to players, Digital Extremes will bring Cross Save and Cross Play features and Warframe for Mobile to players in 2022.

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/digital-extremes-introduces-prime-resurgence-to-warframe

Edited by vanaukas

Hello everyone, I have a question and I hope someone can help me, my question is about the crossave. my brother and I created 2 warframe accounts on nintendo, some time later I switched to pc and since my nintendo account was more advanced, my brother kept it. the problem I have is that both my account on nintendo and my pc have the same name and are associated with the same email. with the crossave what is going to happen? Will the 2 accounts join, one of the two losing its progress? also on the warframe website, when creating a profile with nintendo data, the page, by default, associates my brother's original nintendo account, which has been abandoned for 2 years. What can we do to not lose our accounts or progress?
Thank you so much

1 hour ago, MHDrako said:

Hello everyone, I have a question and I hope someone can help me, my question is about the crossave. my brother and I created 2 warframe accounts on nintendo, some time later I switched to pc and since my nintendo account was more advanced, my brother kept it. the problem I have is that both my account on nintendo and my pc have the same name and are associated with the same email. with the crossave what is going to happen? Will the 2 accounts join, one of the two losing its progress? also on the warframe website, when creating a profile with nintendo data, the page, by default, associates my brother's original nintendo account, which has been abandoned for 2 years. What can we do to not lose our accounts or progress?
Thank you so much

I think ppl like you will either need to contact support or there will be a way to re-link crap to avoid such situations
I would not worry about it so much but contact support they will give you best answers you can get https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

26 minutes ago, MHDrako said:

in regards to multiple accounts on different platforms de has already announced a account MERG will occur , this is partially the delay of cross save as de is figuring out the implementation.

basically they become one account and you get everything between them  on any platform you sign in on

for those with accounts with different names you will have to probably do a account link on your main account and choose to merg it .

AT RHIS TIME: NO ACCOUNT CROSSPLAY OR SAVE  IS ACTIVE . so its pointless to search for said link/merg configs currently 

With how some of the devs have talked about it, they've said it won't be a New War release, but afterwards. With how (steve iirc) has talked about it, me and all my friends think we'll likely see it soft launched in 1st quarter of 2022, 2nd quarter if its REALLY buggy, and either 2nd/3rd quarter hard launch depending on when we see it and how buggy it releases as, since crossplay/cross-save is bound to be buggy considering (at least in the programming community) how somewhat new it still is. Its still very much a newer concept for most coders/programmers/devs/server managers and as such tends to release in a VERY buggy state, regardless of dev experience. So right now? I'd say expect it in 2022, likely 1st quarter/2nd quarter unless code goes crazy and they have to delay it.

Edited by (NSW)OphiTheVioletKeeper

19 minutes ago, (NSW)OphiTheVioletKeeper said:

With how some of the devs have talked about it, they've said it won't be a New War release, but afterwards. With how (steve iirc) has talked about it, me and all my friends think we'll likely see it soft launched in 1st quarter of 2022, 2nd quarter if its REALLY buggy, and either 2nd/3rd quarter hard launch depending on when we see it and how buggy it releases as, since crossplay/cross-save is bound to be buggy considering (at least in the programming community) how somewhat new it still is. Its still very much a newer concept for most coders/programmers/devs/server managers and as such tends to release in a VERY buggy state, regardless of dev experience. So right now? I'd say expect it in 2022, likely 1st quarter/2nd quarter unless code goes crazy and they have to delay it.

Ah, when ya put like that, makes sense, but damn that's too bad. Really wanted to play with my friends on PS4 through my pc account.