Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No in-game or launcher warning for end of intermission?

Kexige

Yeah, it was a really short warning period... I don't even recall the end date, just that it would be soon after Tennocon, announced at Tennocon... (I seem to recall it being less than 2weeks... I have friends who haven't played within that period, and I know one didn't spend all his cred, so no way for them to even see the warning period.) It's not on the warframe.com news feed area, not even in the Tennocon recap (without watching the video).

Agreed. While I was personally prepared for the end of Nightwave, I agree that there should have been something like an in-game mail from Nora indicating the end of Nightwave.

The little news board in Orbiter and the Announcements subforum are NO SUBSTITUTE for mainstream in-game communication methods that are nearly impossible to miss. Aside of in-game mail, we are forcibly greeted by a new-update message when new major patches roll out describing new additions to the game (e.g. Sisters of Parvos update). These two forms of communication are absolutely impossible to miss. By contrast, the Orbiter's news board and the Announcements subforum are extremely easy to ignore. I personally almost never venture outside of General Discussion, PC Bugs and PC Updates (for release notes) on these forums... most communication among players happens here in General Discussion. And I absolutely never read the Orbiter news board (it's merely a technical decoration IMO).

EDIT:

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why were you hoarding all that

I hoarded credits because I always suspect DE might some day add something new and really cool to the Nightwave store with absolutely no notice. And if you don't have the credits to buy said hypothetical cool thing... well, you might not see it again for a very long time. So, IMO, better to be safe than sorry than to buy your upteenth set of potatos and have near 0 credits... do that in the last days of Nightwave.

4 hours ago, Kexige said:

Seems like there was very little effort to warn people the intermission was coming to an end... Could we get a vendor in somewhere to turn in our tokens for more than 5k credits? Seriously not cool. 

Seriously? Why did you horde the points? 

No, you should not be rewarded for this. 

8 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

How to be toxic in a nutshell

It's not toxic.  It's common sense.

No NW season has randomly popped up a BRAND NEW reward in the shop at any point that was so costly one should hoard 5000 pts. ... and that number seems like BS, too, because I'm fairly certain you can't make that much in a season.  90 levels, 60 of which were 15 pts a piece, and the first 30 of which awarded several hundred....

Anyways, the points were theirs to do with what they wanted in the limited time NW lasted.

They're clearly on the forums, where it was mentioned quite a bit...  They play the game, where it was posted IN THE NEWS FEED in-orbiter.

DE shouldn't need to put everything in blazing red text on login about everything they mentioned.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

I hoarded credits because I always suspect DE might some day add something new and really cool to the Nightwave store with absolutely no notice. And if you don't have the credits to buy said hypothetical cool thing... well, you might not see it again for a very long time. So, IMO, better to be safe than sorry than to buy your upteenth set of potatos and have near 0 credits... do that in the last days of Nightwave.

So you gambled and lost?  I really hope you did not end up with too many worthless Intermission Credits.  But just out of curiosity, has DE ever done what you said in Nightwave, especially to add something that costs hundreds or even thousands of credits?  If not, why would you worry about them doing it now?

I also tend to save up a little bit (like ~150) in case I need some emergency potatoes or something really good comes up.  But I also make it a habit to spend any extras, in case life or another game pulls me in and I end up missing the end of Nightwave.  Wouldn't you agree that is a more sensible version of "better safe than sorry"?

12 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

It's not toxic.  It's common sense.

No NW season has randomly popped up a BRAND NEW reward in the shop at any point that was so costly one should hoard 5000 pts. ... and that number seems like BS, too, because I'm fairly certain you can't make that much in a season.  90 levels, 60 of which were 15 pts a piece, and the first 30 of which awarded several hundred....

Anyways, the points were theirs to do with what they wanted in the limited time NW lasted.

They're clearly on the forums, where it was mentioned quite a bit...  They play the game, where it was posted IN THE NEWS FEED in-orbiter.

DE shouldn't need to put everything in blazing red text on login about everything they mentioned.

Basically saying "ow u missed your chance? Im happy u missed it" kinda is

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Basically saying "ow u missed your chance? Im happy u missed it" kinda is

How long has this season of NW been running, Zero?  

How many weeks would the player have had to play to gather "5000" credits?  

Now, tell me, in all that time, they were OBVIOUSLY playing, paying attention, logging in... and not ONCE did they use a credit to get what was needed? 

NEVER has an item been in the shop for 1000 creds, let alone more.  Hoarding all of that was useless, without precedent, and is not the fault of the developers.

It's no "I'm happy" they missed it. I NEVER said that.  Don't misrepresent my words to force a fallacious point.  

They HAD TONS of chances, and CHOSE not to use them.  That's NOT DE's fault.  It's not MY fault.  It's their own.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

How long has this season of NW been running, Zero?  

How many weeks would the player have had to play to gather "5000" credits?  

Now, tell me, in all that time, they were OBVIOUSLY playing, paying attention, logging in... and not ONCE did they use a credit to get what was needed? 

NEVER has an item been in the shop for 1000 creds, let alone more.  Hoarding all of that was useless, without precedent, and is not the fault of the developers.

It's no "I'm happy" they missed it. I NEVER said that.  Don't misrepresent my words to force a fallacious point.  

They HAD TONS of chances, and CHOSE not to use them.  That's NOT DE's fault.  It's not MY fault.  It's their own.

Hold your horses and dont act stupid 

We are talking about 1 person telling other person "good something bad happened to you"
Not about duration of some in game event

So if you care to lecture me or any1 here be sure to dont change subject

12 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Hold your horses and dont act stupid 

We are talking about 1 person telling other person "good something bad happened to you"
Not about duration of some in game event

So if you care to lecture me or any1 here be sure to dont change subject

No, "we" aren't talking about 1 person telling ANYONE that, because that person doesn't EXIST.  YOU INVENTED them.

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Seriously? Why did you horde the points? 

No, you should not be rewarded for this. 

.... Nowhere does Gen say "GLAD YOU MISSED OUT!  HAHA!"  Nowhere do they say "good something bad happened to you".  

They only say that they should not be rewarded for their actions.

Stop inventing strawmen.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

No, "we" aren't talking about 1 person telling ANYONE that, because that person doesn't EXIST.  YOU INVENTED them.

.... Nowhere does Gen say "GLAD YOU MISSED OUT!  HAHA!"  Nowhere do they say "good something bad happened to you".  

They only say that they should not be rewarded for their actions.

Stop inventing strawmen.

Part "no you should not be rewarded for this," speaks for it self
You me or any1 here are not arbitrators of what should be rewarded or not
We are just players and saying things like that is just implying what kind of approach ppl have to other players

I believe we come here to help other players and not to tell them "you get what you deserve"
So if someone is not contributing towards solving other players problem then what other motives they have?

If you are so narrow minded imagine how that reply would be different if OP said "i wasted all my creeds at last day of NW"
But guess that could be bit too hard for you to imagine

Its same story as if someone put wrong polarization on warframe
Telling that person "pay more attention what you are doing next time, you should not have option to change it at will even if warframes rank is still 0" wont help any1
Its just an equivalent of saying "i have nothing helpful to say, so let me just say your mistake, your problem"

That is prime example of being toxic

Ppl who dont come here to develop ideas for warframe to have more user friendly manage system should be straight up banned because they provide no help
On top of that all that they contribute is something like "no 1 can help you, GTFO"
I bet thats not why this forum exist

17 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Its same story as if someone put wrong polarization on warframe
Telling that person "pay more attention what you are doing next time, you should not have option to change it at will even if warframes rank is still 0" wont help any1
Its just an equivalent of saying "i have nothing helpful to say, so let me just say your mistake, your problem"

It was their mistake to hoard that many and not stay up to date regarding when the season would end. There was plenty of notice and the way the system works has always been consistent, so if they were still hoarding after the date was announced, that isn't anyone else's fault but their own.

Especially since the scenario that hoarders use to justify keeping their stash (a desirable, expensive item getting added to the shop near the end) has never actually happened. In fact, outside of new Warframe helmets, I don't think anything has ever been added to the shop's rotation after the respective season began.

It was an abnormally short warning period.

The warning was arguably not placed in a prominent location (as much as people like to say it was... it really wasn't... from my point of view. I mean... an in-game email, and an actual change to the timer in the shop interface - since it says the shop will just refresh all the way up til the end, never that it will just end - are both reasonable suggestions to help alleviate this sort of thing in the future.

For such a limited currency, being able to be spent on things that otherwise cost plat (reactors/catalysts), deciding which to spend them on can be something that one deliberates on right up to the end. (I didn't spend them until a few days ago myself, because I didn't know which I'd need more.) Having them go poof has always been a bad design decision, IMO. (it defeats at least one stated design goal of Nightwave, trying to relieve the FOMO of alerts, allowing you to slowly work your way up to certain rewards over time, without worry of missing out on limited time availability. Oops, yeah, not working out there.)

The "sucks to be you" attitude on display from some people here is disheartening to see in an otherwise mostly supportive community, especially when reasonable suggestions have been made to make the situation suck less.

17 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It was their mistake to hoard that many and not stay up to date regarding when the season would end. There was plenty of notice and the way the system works has always been consistent, so if they were still hoarding after the date was announced, that isn't anyone else's fault but their own.

Especially since the scenario that hoarders use to justify keeping their stash (a desirable, expensive item getting added to the shop near the end) has never actually happened. In fact, outside of new Warframe helmets, I don't think anything has ever been added to the shop's rotation after the respective season began.

We all make mistakes so maybe we should give ideas to devs to make changes or add stuff to negate our mistakes or prevent us from being able to doing them?
If you think about it simple inbox message is not necessary but keeping creed offerings being there just so ppl can spend rest of their creeds while NW is down
That would not hurt any1 would not cause any balance breaking issues would not give any1 advantage it would simple help some players
Yet some ppl keep defending system that cause other players trouble just because initial players avoided that problems
I wish only ppl affect by problem would be allowed to contribute to conversation and potential solutions
And not bystanders with nothing to contribute other than "your problem not my problem gtfo"

10 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

And yet...you're the arbitrator of what people mean when they text? interesting....

By all means please translate to us here what that text meant
Or dont
Better tell me how it contribute anything helpful to OPs problem?
How it goes toward solving anything

Just dont be shy feel free to write big wall of text i promise to read it all

Archived