Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How i think era survived

(PSN)adachi_2

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

How I think he survived:

He didn't.

He's a clone made by Ballas pretending to be Erra. Why else would the master/slave act drop when Natah is knocked unconscious after insisting her memory is not failing her and Erra did in fact die? 

Huh i never thought about that.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

How I think he survived:

He didn't.

He's a clone made by Ballas pretending to be Erra. Why else would the master/slave act drop when Natah is knocked unconscious after insisting her memory is not failing her and Erra did in fact die? 

Wait a min isn't erra mom still alive? so she would have noticed that her dead son has just came back to life?

6 minutes ago, (PSN)adachi_2 said:

Wait a min isn't erra mom still alive? so she would have noticed that her dead son has just came back to life?

Natah speaks about both of her parents if they are dead during the Ropalolyst fight. So the idea of Natah's mother may have been canned or the character was replaced by Erra.

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Natah speaks about both of her parents if they are dead during the Ropalolyst fight. So the idea of Natah's mother may have been canned or replaced by Erra.

Definitely canned in the new war teaser we saw her talking to her mom, but erra tells her mother is dead so canned probably. Or according to your theory, "erra" is just fcking with her. But not really because since erra said "mothers gone" erra's mom would been like *@##$ wtf did you just say?, unless balles made a clone of erra's mom, which would hav been incredibly hard to do and is very very risky thing to do.

20 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

How I think he survived:

He didn't.

That's option one, and easily the simpler one

In the spirit of "I like to have one alternate theory" I also propose option two: he's hoarding information. Maybe it's information about surviving Void energy, or curing their sterility, but either way it would reveal that then Sentients are truly evil and would lose the sympathy Natah holds for them. After all, they're genocidal kill-bots and she's the white sheep of the family

18 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's option one, and easily the simpler one

In the spirit of "I like to have one alternate theory" I also propose option two: he's hoarding information. Maybe it's information about surviving Void energy, or curing their sterility, but either way it would reveal that then Sentients are truly evil and would lose the sympathy Natah holds for them. After all, they're genocidal kill-bots and she's the white sheep of the family

And also the sentients are not genocidal maniacs, cuz in lore they grew sentience and realized "wait were destroying a universe for some gold bath rope wearing asshats who got careless and ruined they're universe?, well fck that we're going for war *@##$, we're gonna teach em something called consequences, for tau!!" And thats how the orokin got bodied, so if you think about the orokin are the ones truly evil.

1 hour ago, (PSN)adachi_2 said:

He uploaded his backed up his memory, before he got vaporized.

Tough to really tackle this as we don't really understand Sentient physiology/consciousness. This sounds like it should be possible, since Sentients are artificial constructs, yet we've never seen a Sentient do something similar. Other than Hunhow accessing Suda's datascape, the Sentients have been presented as somewhat normal, biological-analogous entities.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I think this is sort of the conclusion we are pushed towards by the New War cinematics so far. It remains to be seen whether or not this is true; DE could be intentionally misleading us. But for now, this appears to more or less be the consensus theory.

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

Or could it be that he went into some hybernation when the moon got transported to the void?

We don't know of any way for Sentients to survive long-term Void exposure. If he was alive and still on Lua, he's definitely dead now.

Natah speaks about both of her parents if they are dead during the Ropalolyst fight.

She speaks about them in the past tense, but only regarding their roles: "farmer" and "carpenter". They clearly no longer serve those roles, so her speech could just as easily apply to them whether they are dead or alive.

So the idea of Natah's mother may have been canned or the character was replaced by Erra.

I certainly would have said so six weeks ago, but during the TennoCon 2021 art panel, they continue to talk about Natah's Mother with the same old concept (the Mother being the giant Sentient ship where the New War cinematics have taken place. If that's the case, Mother is certainly there still (they're inside her), but may not still be alive. It's tough to say from the language during the art panel whether or not the Mother is meant to be alive or not currently.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Notice that Hunhow has not spoken of.

Hunhow is stuck on the depts of URanus. Fragmented, weak, got humiliated by music. But not dead.

We don't know. It's possible that when we defeated him in Suda's datascape we deleted his consciousness permanently. No one talks about it one way or another. Video game logic dictates he's still alive and will come back later, but it should be noted that he could actually be permanently gone.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Hunhow is stuck on the depts of URanus. Fragmented, weak, got humiliated by music. But not dead.

Hunhow would probably have a lot to say about his daughter being duped into working for Erra, Ballas, or whoever the true puppet master behind The New War is. granted, I'm sure he's totally fine with the idea of sentients wiping everything out, he still believes in the Sentient cause (kill the Tenno and all Orokin remnants, wipe out humanity because they suck), but I think he'd put family first before anything else, and would reappear at some point to confront Erra and Ballas and ask wtf is going on, where is Natah etc.

either way I doubt he's gonna sleep through the war. he may have had his a$$ kicked twice now, but he's not going to give up, because his pride is all he has left. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)adachi_2 said:

And also the sentients are not genocidal maniacs, cuz in lore they grew sentience and realized "wait were destroying a universe for some gold bath rope wearing asshats who got careless and ruined they're universe?, well fck that we're going for war *@##$, we're gonna teach em something called consequences, for tau!!" And thats how the orokin got bodied, so if you think about the orokin are the ones truly evil.

The Orokin are evil, but the Sentients are not good. They are just as evil, possibly even worse. They are, as I said, genocidal kill-machines. Not only do they not know the difference between "human" and "Orokin", they also don't care. "Burn them all, innocent and guilty burn the same" is Erra's and Hunhow's plan, and the Great Mother's plan. Only Natah is thinking differently

Here is my 2 cents in a form of a theory: Sentients are dual in nature just like Tenno, there is the hardware that we fight and can destory, but then there are the Sentient personalities that are the software, some of them control many simple enemies that we fight, others focus on more complex warforms. The idea is that Sentient personalities cannot be killed unless you destory every last platform they control. And I would expect that each of them has theri central platform on the Sentiant mothership if the mothership itself is not the primary platform. There is no need to "back up" a mind for Erra, we know that the speed of light is breakable in Warframe universe so its very possible that all comunication is instantenous, in that case Erra would be controling  his platform in real time, and if it got destroyed, he wouldnt be. Just like with Warframes being killed doesnt kill the Operator. Its just that for Sentients it more of a technological process, not Void magic one.

What do I base this upon? If I remember correctly, Sentients were said to take conrol of the Orokin automated weapons in the first war, that forced Orokin to develop first Infested virus, then work on weaponising Zariman Ten-Zero incident. That would suggest that they were more adept at interacting with digital side of thing than Orokin. And then we have the whole bossfight in Sudas Datascape where we fight Hunhow.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

last we saw of hunhow his mind that he uploaded to suda was destroyed. I suspect that even if hes alive hes a mindless shell.

On 2021-08-23 at 9:42 PM, (PSN)adachi_2 said:

Definitely canned in the new war teaser we saw her talking to her mom, but erra tells her mother is dead so canned probably. Or according to your theory, "erra" is just fcking with her. But not really because since erra said "mothers gone" erra's mom would been like *@##$ wtf did you just say?, unless balles made a clone of erra's mom, which would hav been incredibly hard to do and is very very risky thing to do.

Mother, or the mothership, got completely rekt during the old war; it was explained by, I think Steve, during tennocon, that she was just left to die, but she was able to absorb everything around her to reconstruct herself

It was even said that the gigantic part of her that we saw (image below), is in fact a way smaller portion of what she used to be during the old war

Spoiler

Play-Warframe-Tenno-Con-2021-Tenno-Live-

30 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Mother, or the mothership, got completely rekt during the old war; it was explained by, I think Steve, during tennocon, that she was just left to die, but she was able to absorb everything around her to reconstruct herself

It was even said that the gigantic part of her that we saw (image below), is in fact a way smaller portion of what she used to be during the old war

Here is the transcript from the Art of Warframe panel from TennoCon 2021 (emphasis added):

Danielle: "This was originally your concept, Keith, of this very large Sentient ship."

Keith: "You got so much room in space you can just go absolutely mental and throw the view way back. So I had a lot of fun because there was a lot of other development kind of leading up to this and I think as we as we sort of explored it it got bigger and bigger and bigger and I got happier about that. It even has a potential there, you can see on the right with the weave work and the framing it's building up, is that I even had plans, if we ever wanted to make an even bigger guy, we could do that. There's a floor plan, there."

Geoff: "Well, it was great, the kind of like, the pitch that we gave, that Steve and I gave to Keith, that she was heavily damaged in the war and left to die and this is a state of her very long process of rebuilding herself. The main core, body, is what's been kind of more fully rebuilt and the membranes that are expanding, again because the Sentients are living creatures, that's her rebuilding her larger form. So the true form of the mothership is even bigger than what we have here and that's why I think a lot of the skybox art shows. I believe, there was one of it consuming asteroids and having this gravitational pull where it's just pulling resources into itself and using it to produce and rebuild itself."

Danielle: "And I guess, just as you guys were mentioning as she's rebuilding, we have a concept essentially of wasteland of space junk that's been pulled into this mouth."

Geoff: "Well, I think Keith you kind of designed it like the mouth of a whale, right, and the way it kind of filters in the krill."

Keith: "Yeah, it has this baleen that would filter so she could kind of select what detritus she wanted to accept and filter out you know, she's still picky, she's not just eating up anything."

---

This is also why I mentioned that DE does not appear to have abandoned the idea of the Mother.

On 2021-08-23 at 7:35 PM, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

The era we see is a fake puppet controlled by wally/ballas.

That's my guess.

I don't think Wally is behind Erra's manipulation. I feel that there's another, much more powerful void entity hiding in the shadows that Wally's trying to muster up strength to combat through the manipulation of the Tenno. Wally even warns that there's something watching them out there when interacting with the mighty Railjack Finger. I believe that there's an unrevealed void entity like Wally but much more sinister controlling Erra and possibly Ballas.

It's even possible that the Sentients "Mother" is actually dead and is being controlled like a flesh puppet by said void entity when they successfully emerged from the void portals to the Sol system.

Archived