Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strategies for farming protea?

mega_lova_nia

Question

Is it just me, or are the drop rates for the time crystals that are dropped by the specters in granum void really decreased? if so, how do you farm protea nowadays? specters don't spawn that quickly, rescuing solaris is a hassle in a team, even killing them with a mesa is not fast enough. How do you do it?

Okay.... So anybody who suggested to use The Xoris... Y'all owe 20 Platinum because y'all are Liars.... 😠

Me and a Group of Friends attempted to do this challenge with me using The Xoris since I was the only one who bothered to Forma the damn thing... Anyway.... Naturally The Xoris Trick doesn't work if the others weren't using it because I had nothing to Throw my Xoris At....

So we decided to go just two of us This Time and yeah... Sure... The Xoris technically does work.... But its no where near as Effective as Mesa.... Freeing the Solaris Captives doesn't grant you as much Time as I was expecting... I think I only got like 20 Seconds per captive.... The Explosion is No Where near as Large as I was expecting either even with the Extra range from Volatile Quick Return and it doesn't One Shot The Spectres so it takes two Throws to kill them.... And I was constantly getting Shot in the Ass because it's extremely Cumbersome tossing Glaives Around in that environment....

The Xoris is Awful naturally we went back to using Mesa... Yes all 4 of us Grabbed Mesa and Made all kinds of piece down there 😈.... I abandoned my Xoris in favour of my Telos Boltace + Lightning Dash Combo... Not only does this allow Mesa Roll Faster and Further when Paired with Mesa's Waltz + Amalgam Barrel Diffusion... But it also makes moving through the Corpus Ship Tile Set Significantly Faster....

Long Story Short ... Just use Mesa.... Or at the very least don't use the Xoris.... 

16 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

You said you went as a group, did u get the protea parts??  How many runs..

Nope... No Drops.... We only did a few runs because getting a group of friends to play together at the same time is essentially impossible these days....

18 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

As far as purely farming protea I cant say a group or solo is better....  What people were saying is that its entirely possible just to solo and all u need is xoris..

Il test that out tonight but I'm not expecting any Miracles here....

The reason is because the same changes they made to make Mesa less effective have extended down and Hurt The Xoris aswell .. which was always rubbish to begin with.... Yes Mesa has a harder time reaching all the Specters thanks to the change in Spawn Patterns... But hey guess what... So does the Xoris now....  LoL.... It just made the whole experience worse whether you use Mesa or The Xoris....

21 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

This carries over into obtaining sisters as well.   Which technically you can do with just about ANYTHING since you only need 25 kills.  But people like to go for all 3 tiers 75 kills.   And getting sisters you definately want to do alone and have the ability to use different frames so you get different Elemental damage bonus on the guns

Now that I have ARQUEBEX...... I might consider Tennet Weapons 🤔.... Before that it was a definite Passive....

Are the Elemental Options still the same ? If so I'm thinking if going Radiation and Magnetic....the Former being my Favourite and The Latter being kinda underrated...

32 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Spectres are like vormalysts yeah..  One xoris toss to smash their physical form.  A second toss to obliterate the ghost form.   Once U build up the xoris charge and start getting the huge AOE blast you can pretty much get a full charge back after every throw so every throw is a huge aoe blast

How the hell was I suppose to figure this out ? 🤔... I've been using my Full Charge to free Solaris Captives 😭... I mean that's what the Lotus said we should do....

34 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I've been slaying alot of sisters lately and I got a protea systems the other day so they do still exist =P.   

I'm not worried about the System... It's the Neuroptics that's got me all Salty 😤 !!!

16 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Okay.... So anybody who suggested to use The Xoris... Y'all owe 20 Platinum because y'all are Liars.... 😠

Long Story Short ... Just use Mesa.... Or at the very least don't use the Xoris.... 

You said you went as a group, did u get the protea parts??  How many runs..

As far as purely farming protea I cant say a group or solo is better....  What people were saying is that its entirely possible just to solo and all u need is xoris..

This carries over into obtaining sisters as well.   Which technically you can do with just about ANYTHING since you only need 25 kills.  But people like to go for all 3 tiers 75 kills.   And getting sisters you definately want to do alone and have the ability to use different frames so you get different Elemental damage bonus on the guns.  

---

Spectres are like vormalysts yeah..  One xoris toss to smash their physical form.  A second toss to obliterate the ghost form.   Once U build up the xoris charge and start getting the huge AOE blast you can pretty much get a full charge back after every throw so every throw is a huge aoe blast. 

---

I've been slaying alot of sisters lately and I got a protea systems the other day so they do still exist =P.   

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Nope... No Drops.... We only did a few runs because getting a group of friends to play together at the same time is essentially impossible these days....

Il test that out tonight but I'm not expecting any Miracles here....

The reason is because the same changes they made to make Mesa less effective have extended down and Hurt The Xoris aswell .. which was always rubbish to begin with.... Yes Mesa has a harder time reaching all the Specters thanks to the change in Spawn Patterns... But hey guess what... So does the Xoris now....  LoL.... It just made the whole experience worse whether you use Mesa or The Xoris....

Now that I have ARQUEBEX...... I might consider Tennet Weapons 🤔.... Before that it was a definite Passive....

Are the Elemental Options still the same ? If so I'm thinking if going Radiation and Magnetic....the Former being my Favourite and The Latter being kinda underrated...

How the hell was I suppose to figure this out ? 🤔... I've been using my Full Charge to free Solaris Captives 😭... I mean that's what the Lotus said we should do....

I'm not worried about the System... It's the Neuroptics that's got me all Salty 😤 !!!

Systems are what I got out of tier 3... I think..  You salty over a lesser tier?   

You should free captives for the extra time.  But when u see a gathering of spectres...  the swarm you and you can just stand there and nuke em.   I would save 2 prisoners and then if the spectres are grouped up nicely start to fight em.  

You didnt want to fight sisters without a mech ??  They help and can keep you safe... but mechs are totally not needed at Bro/Sis confrontations.  

Yes Bro/Sis weapons can have the same innate damage elemental type bonus's.   Totally your call as to what to get but I recommend Fire, Electric, or Tox.  Good individually and for combos.   BUt yea depends on weapons and purpose and all that.  No one shoe fits all.  

On 2021-09-21 at 11:12 AM, mega_lova_nia said:

Is it just me, or are the drop rates for the time crystals that are dropped by the specters in granum void really decreased? if so, how do you farm protea nowadays? specters don't spawn that quickly, rescuing solaris is a hassle in a team, even killing them with a mesa is not fast enough. How do you do it?

I have been farming this frame for a while. Whenever a kuva mission has the tileset for farming the parts, I do it. Still not getting Chassis after at least 20 or 30 runs. 

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

I have been farming this frame for a while. Whenever a kuva mission has the tileset for farming the parts, I do it. Still not getting Chassis after at least 20 or 30 runs. 

You gotta be ready to Risk it all....

When I was Farming the Systems I made up my mind that I wouldn't do anything else until Protea Systems Dropped.... 

I need her specifically for my Ivara so either Protea drops or I rage quite Warframe for another year....

Hi 👋 i farmed Protea (again) recently to have her fed to the Helminth. It takes me some 30-35 seconds to kill the 75 specters for the third part so i figured I'll share my Mesa build with you.

FCIPVp-XXMAEw7g4.jpg

FCIPYM4-WQAMPOJP.jpg

I replaced her defensive ability with Sevagoth's Gloom, but as long as you're fast enough you can make it work without that ability too. Good luck!

Besides all the builds tips, keep in mind that new spectres spawn almost immediately after you kill one. And most importantly where they spawn is very limited and bound to a certain distance away from player(s), that is, not too close but also not too far away.

Rush to the edge of the map right after spawn, where you have a clear view within ~50m, the spectres would keep spawning from 2~3 fixed locations close to the ground. As they could only spawn within the map where no obstacles are present, as a result you only need to cover 180 degrees of view or even less.

There was one time for me the spectres were spawning only from one exact spot with all the other spots being covered either by huge rocks or terrains. It only took me around 10~15 seconds to be dragged back out (reaching 75 kills solo)

Anyway if you are going after protea farm and you got mesa or any type of fast radial dmg guns such as acceltra, it's better to farm solo. Because having 4 players spreading and moving around the map would make the spectres spawn in a wide area randomly. If you are relying on guns, don't forget to craft some ammo pads.

On 2021-09-21 at 10:20 PM, gbjbaanb said:

Mirage, max range and duration prism - shoot a few specters to help out but the prism really kills them all. You will have to cast it 2 (or maybe 3) times to get them all depending on spawns and your duration. I also recommend a spectre or on-call crew to help out too - mine has an acceltra but any long-range assault rifle type weapon should be good to go.

I would consistently kill 75 spectres within the time, usually between 30 and 40 seconds, solo.

Also Mirages hall of mirrors with Xoris since every clone throws it with Mirage! 

I tried mesa when the game mode came out, but my mesa build and experience with the frame sucked so I had o try something else. Can't use the xoris, dunno I'm a noob with that thing. Can never get charges or hit enemies properly with it. Honestly I think I lucked through the original protea boss fight.

I ended up using Octavia. Specters will attack the mallet and die. You can pick up the timer boosts, but you'll need plenty of them. Spawns on them suck sometimes so you may end up killing 30 enemies without a single one dropping. Frustration starts with the highest level void area. I got protea and her weapons, but I've never felt the need to torture myself further to farm a second one.

On 2021-09-29 at 6:20 PM, Kitt009 said:

Also everyone saying xoris, but has it gotten buffed? Because it was always pretty much useless for me when trying to run this game mode

It has a Large Explosion Radius... Infact I think it's the Largest out of All the Glaives... Beyond That there's nothing Special About it except in the Granuum Void where it gets a new Gimmick.... 

On 2021-10-04 at 7:00 PM, JureSimich said:

-take Xoris, and build it for heavy attack, and add *corrupted charge, I think, the mod that slows your combo buildup and grants you some permanent combo counter to start with

It's + Initial Combo and - Combo Duration... It has no negative on the Xoris because Infinity minus 50% still equals Infinity.

On 2021-09-22 at 10:55 AM, mega_lova_nia said:

No, it's not that mesa isn't able to kill the specters

it's because of how they decreased the drop rate of the time prisms heavily, we often times ran out of time rather than being overwhelmed

I am not sure what mesa build people are running but when it was new I was able to clear mine without collecting any additional time?

Ironically Protea is also great at farming the void! but yeah just use the xoris

I also despise the Granum Void and I hated this farm, so I'm with you on that, but:

Use the heavy attack on the Xoris and you can literally one-shot pretty much everything in there without any other special equipment or gimmicks or frame powers.  I have a single forma on my Xoris, some say you can do it without any forma but I never tried before I stuck one on it.

Also, really not trying to take shots here, but if your Mesa can't hack it in the GV, you might want to post your build and let us help you with it.  There's a few spots you can sit with Mesa that force spawn to a single location that let you just sit there and blast through them.  I forgot they nerfed the spawn point "exploit" when they fixed how bad the spawn rate for enemies used to be.  If you think it's bad now, you should have seen it on release.

The farm is very annoying, the drop tables are trash, and I hate even typing "Granum Void" because of how hard I got screwed by RNG on the two times I farmed Protea, but it's not that difficult to get the kills.

On 2021-09-21 at 7:12 PM, mega_lova_nia said:

I was doing it in 2 mins with a Mesa, speedva and mirage and another random trinity would be best.

The trick is for Mesa only to kill the spectres and not the ghosts, one team member picks up the pyramids and another frees the captives with the charges from the ghosts.

You need to have a home base so to speak and only the pyramid collector and captive freer leave occasionally.

The pyramids are way too small, blend in with the background and aren't bright enough to make it an enjoyable solo imo. 

Step 1: Have decent/fully modded Ignis/Ignis Wraith

Step 2: Give Ignis/Wraith to a 5/5 combat/endurance crew member and set them as on call (the bonus that heals 500 health per kill will help with survivability)

Step 3: Summon them in the Granum Void

Step 4: Grofit

I recently farmed my second Protea.

-without Xoris, it's very very difficult. Don't be stubborn.

-take Xoris, and build it for heavy attack, and add *corrupted charge, I think, the mod that slows your combo buildup and grants you some permanent combo counter to start with.

-Now, throw the Xoris and detonate it in flight with secondary fire. Charge it up, until you see three yellow stars to the right of the crosshair.

-find the nearest prisoner, and detonate the Xoris on him to free him and get lots of time.

-repeat twice, and you have about 2 minutes to finish, and the specters are now swarming. Detonate the charged Xoris as much as posible, and you'll have time to spare.

Hi, i actually complain all the time about farming protea in this game mode, for me its a problem of rng. I've been farming her since about 2 months after shes come out and ive still only gotten 1 of her parts! Running volt prime with helminth fireblast in place of his one makes it EZ to destroy more than enough specters even on the second difficulty (haven't started on the third because whats the point if i cant get the second part) 

Also everyone saying xoris, but has it gotten buffed? Because it was always pretty much useless for me when trying to run this game mode

The best frame for Granum void is Octavia right now. Enter void, use all abilities 1-4 and keep them up, keep crouching for invisibility, collect pyramids. No Xoris needed, Specters kill themselves by Mallet. I get 75+ kills almost every time (sometimes not enough pyramids).

I used Mesa in the past.. but it seems to me she got nerfed or something, or maybe specters are spawning on different location and I cannot kill so many at once..

EDIT: I dislike granum void.. Simple arena with floating enemies. I understand Xoris, I finished "Dark sector" game twice and loved it (you use glaive with the same mechanics).

Archived