Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The impact AoE nerf could have

George_PPS

We always hear about mostly spoiled veteran level players wanting the game to be harder and there is too much powercreep, here are some solid and real solutions that work instantly and every time:

1. Play Solo
2. Equip just 5, 4 or even just 3 Mods for every item in your loadouts.
3. Use the weakest elemental damage types against each faction. 
  For example, equip full magnetic damage types in all weapons in Grineer missions.
4. Rank essential Mods to just 60% or **** just 20%.
5. Use ONLY the most obscure abilities of every warframe in all missions. 
6. Equip a Dragon Key

7. No Arcanes 

Please feel free to add more advice and recommendations to help these players. 

I fully agree. I like Warframe because it's gameplay is fast, fluid and fun. I rarely take 'best in slot' weapons/frames to missions. Just enough fire power to finish the mission with posibility of dying. 

And speaking to the people come to forum just to whine about how easy it is and that they want a challenge:

Just stop using your braindead Wuclone Bramma/Kuva Nukor/Kronen Prime if you want to be challenged. Stop exploiting shield gating through dragon keys. There's probably ton of meta/borderline exploit things i don't know about. But if you do, used any of that stuff and still compain about the game being to easy... Warframe difficulty is fully customizable, just use some of OP's advice. Or mine. I don't care, just stop trying to make WF another tactical shooter. There's plenty on the market. 

This isn't really a viable solution.

Reducing your overall strength just make the game longer, not harder or more challenging.
I understand where you're going, but for most of tryharder that look for challenge and difficulty, the fun is to push the available content at it's limit, test stuff to see what works the best, etc... so just forcing yourself to arbitrarily use bad stuff without any reason just doesn't work.

It's like playing a game with god mod, but pretend you can die to have fun.

However, a good solution would be some game modes that gradually get more difficult by adding this kind of restriction with some matching rewards, so people really want to try this out and theory craft stuff from what is available depending on the restrictions. Even just a cosmetic badge (like the old Startos emblem) would be enough as a reward.
The restriction could include limited warframe/weapon choices, limited mod slots, limited mod type/polarity/rarity, debuff modifiers, etc...

I don't know how most people feel about it, but this would be a really simple way to implement difficulty without much efforts from devs, while forcing people who dive into these challenge, to think unique builds outside of the box.

16 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

This isn't really a viable solution.

Reducing your overall strength just make the game longer, not harder or more challenging.
I understand where you're going, but for most of tryharder that look for challenge and difficulty, the fun is to push the available content at it's limit, test stuff to see what works the best, etc... so just forcing yourself to arbitrarily use bad stuff without any reason just doesn't work.

It's like playing a game with god mod, but pretend you can die to have fun.

However, a good solution would be some game modes that gradually get more difficult by adding this kind of restriction with some matching rewards, so people really want to try this out and theory craft stuff from what is available depending on the restrictions. Even just a cosmetic badge (like the old Startos emblem) would be enough as a reward.
The restriction could include limited warframe/weapon choices, limited mod slots, limited mod type/polarity/rarity, debuff modifiers, etc...

I don't know how most people feel about it, but this would be a really simple way to implement difficulty without much efforts from devs, while forcing people who dive into these challenge, to think unique builds outside of the box.

The operator is where this should be focused. There is no way to track operator only gameplay and having some comsetic to acknolwedge that would be amazing imo

36 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

I mean, even the lowest 'challege' DE try to implement in the game, there will always be annyoing guys to complaing about balance...

Look at New war...'too hard', 'I pay plat to skip', 'game is ruined'. Lol.

Maybe if someone Hijacks your Account and  denies you access to All your Goodies you will understand the pain of your Fellow Tenno....

Maybe il Tell Mom to do just that 🤔...

mom-yelling.gif

My advice to help these players is:

Keep fighting and don't settle for bandaids ^^

I don't know about anyone else but personally I don't care if the game is really "hard" only that it's "engaging".. Right now, it's not. It's a brainless melt fest unless you're willing to gimp and limit yourself, playing alone all the time. It's about wanting to be able to play with others and play with the game's systems like the game was intended to do, only it's failing pretty hard if you are looking for anything other than affinity numbers popping up on the edge of the screen.

No wonder the game stopped growing years ago.. They keep adding nothing but grind and creep, instead of a mix of grind with some excitement. I felt it in New War though, and [DE]Steve even took notice of how many people felt that literally *any* form of fresh gameplay was welcome.

Can't you imagine that if the game was actually able to provide something for everyone, it would actually be a popular and growing game, even bringing back the old vets who remember that Warframe wasn't always like this, and it was stolen from them by players who now claim "Warframe was always like this"?

Because I can imagine it and I think it would be awesome. And it's clear by the constant posting from both sides that it's a hot issue, so it's a great time to make yourself heard ^^

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

We always hear about players wanting the game to be harder, here are some solid and real solutions that work instantly and every time:

1. Play Solo
2. Equip just 6, 5 or even 4 Mods for every items in your loadouts.
3. Use the weakest elemental damages types against each faction. 
  For example, equip full magnetic damage types in all weapons in Grineer missions.
4. Rank essential Mods to just 60%.
5. Use only the most obscure abilities of every warframe in all missions. 

"Go play with both hands tied to your back while hanging down from a rope because it's not the game developer's job to give you content that challenges or matches the tools they themselves gave you".

il y a 37 minutes, vanaukas a dit :

The operator is where this should be focused. There is no way to track operator only gameplay and having some comsetic to acknolwedge that would be amazing imo

This should apply to the whole game content, not just operator.
But yeah, "operator only" could be one of the possible conditions.

12 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

"Go play with both hands tied to your back while hanging down from a rope because it's not the game developer's job to give you content that challenges or matches the tools they themselves gave you".

Exactly....😁

Now get on it... 😈!!!

I must agree to some *big* degree...

I'm a PRO of the Make it harder

I prefer funs build but sometimes there are missions like getting Grendel without any mods feel like ... an enlightment and refreshing.

Playing SOLO or in selected teams is the best way to avoid Frustation. Originally / Usually the game made you team up with people of same "warframe rank" and ping availability; Creating SteelPath was a way to satisfy some players need and thus separating them from the casual play but an overpowered built can still be use on Mercury when those player should be redirected to Steel Path. A more strict Ranking could be enforced ...

I really love the Orphix defense calculations principale, Adjusting itself by the DPS of the shooter, the stronger you were the harder it was. This may be one way to made a game challenging for different level of players in the same party...

In another ways there a some comment,

I don't like what Lutesque said :"Maybe if someone Hijacks your Account and  denies you access to All your Goodies you will understand the pain of your Fellow Tenno...." it's a biais of language to auto-victimization , Nobody forced them to play NewWar. And more your are using the bias of the Strawman where you try imply that DarkSkysz does not understand their frustration ... and secondly it's not a pain, they don't suffer from it. If they did, they should stop playing games and start consulting.

And the Topics of the thread is "Best Solutions to Make the Game As Hard As Anyone Wishes ?" So Jarriaga In what way your remark about "Go play with both hands tied to your back while hanging down from a rope" is usefull ? or even constructive ? And more over you said " it's not the game developer's job to give you content that challenges" ... that's precisely the Job of a game develloper : No challenge means No Satisfactions Mean NO-GOOD-GAME.
When you don't have any challenge, any meaning to do a game then you know everything ... it is a stand still, a static situation : Most modern games DIED from that, this is why most PVP does not evolve much, the challenge is mainly the other person you are against. For a PvE or a solo game, the game itself need some kind of entertainments, novelties and goals.

PS : I'm pretty hard in this NEW YEAR, Oh well just forgot : HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!! and you too Lu... 😇

I recall there were several occasions I equipped just 7 or 6 Mods on some weapons and warframes and still was annihilating mid level enemies with ease until I found out some Mods were missing because I sold them. That's why I think it will be fun for people who want more challenges to equip just 5 or 4 Mods and try again. 

4 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

I don't like what Lutesque said :"Maybe if someone Hijacks your Account and  denies you access to All your Goodies you will understand the pain of your Fellow Tenno...." it's a biais of language to auto-victimization , Nobody forced them to play NewWar. And more your are using the bias of the Strawman where you try imply that DarkSkysz does not understand their frustration ... and secondly it's not a pain, they don't suffer from it. If they did, they should stop playing games and start consulting

Ofcourse nobody forced them to play the new war... It's a game... They did it because they thought it would be fun....

As for Darkskyz... It doesn't matter if he understands or not because he/she has made it clear they absolutely don't care... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, George_PPS said:

I recall there were several occasions I equipped just 7 or 6 Mods on some weapons and warframes and still was annihilating mid level enemies with ease until I found out some Mods were missing because I sold them. That's why I think it will be fun for people who want more challenges to equip just 5 or 4 Mods and try again. 

What mods were you equipping?

I gotta admit, these are some… odd suggestions. To each their own, sure, but… like, why spend two slots to use Magnetic on the Grineer, basically wasting the damage, when the player can use two different mods to change the way the gun works?

Why rank “essential mods” to 60% instead of just using something else?

Why only 4, 5, or 6 mods? What mods are we talking about here, and what level content are they being taken to?

I have questions regarding the thinking

10 hours ago, George_PPS said:

We always hear about players wanting the game to be harder, here are some solid and real solutions that work instantly and every time:

1. Play Solo
2. Equip just 6, 5 or even 4 Mods for every items in your loadouts.
3. Use the weakest elemental damages types against each faction. 
4. Rank essential Mods to just 60%.
5. Use only the most obscure abilities of every warframe in all missions. 

Players largely can’t and never will self-regulate when a game offers more power in any capacity.  They will take it and use it.

And if you suggest self-regulation, it will never be accepted.

They will put the full responsibility of being entertained on the developer.

In their eyes power means more challenges needed to meet and test it.

What if we keep each other challenged instead?

Take the stalker mode idea and replace it with Acolyte Mode

game gives you an Acolyte Helmet, there is now 2 additional match making mode -

Public Acolyte (Lets Acolyte players join in)  

Acolyte mode (Requires Acolyte Helmet equipped)

Bring Mag, Trinity or Nyx Assimilate for the lulz

???

Fun maybe?

57 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

What if we keep each other challenged instead?

Take the stalker mode idea and replace it with Acolyte Mode

game gives you an Acolyte Helmet, there is now 2 additional match making mode -

Public Acolyte (Lets Acolyte players join in)  

Acolyte mode (Requires Acolyte Helmet equipped)

Bring Mag, Trinity or Nyx Assimilate for the lulz

???

Fun maybe?

As DE showed when displaying Stalker Mode, the Stalker, or Acolyte in this case, can also be a protagonist for players as well. Rebb, when playing as Stalker, helped a random group of players fighting Jackal and Alad V. Amusingly, some players here bring up SoulsBorne games which allows for other players to invade other people's games. Invaders there can be prosocial and helpful as well. How long until the pro-difficulty players want a nerf to Stalker, or Acolyte, mode to cut down or outright eliminate the prosocial aspects of the mode?

Want a harder game? Just play PVP. No matter how hard a PVE game is, there's always gonna be tryhards that cheese it (like using shieldgating abuse) and then the complains will continue. I mean even level 9999 enemies are no match for yall. What do you want more? Though I don't think people are complaining all that much about difficulty anymore, it's mostly just from the people who hasn't stopped playing since 2013 and has all equipments in the game, probably also having billions of credits and thousands of platinums. Most of us more casual players still find this game pretty challenging as it is, especially in Steel Path.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

As DE showed when displaying Stalker Mode, the Stalker, or Acolyte in this case, can also be a protagonist for players as well. Rebb, when playing as Stalker, helped a random group of players fighting Jackal and Alad V. Amusingly, some players here bring up SoulsBorne games which allows for other players to invade other people's games. Invaders there can be prosocial and helpful as well. How long until the pro-difficulty players want a nerf to Stalker, or Acolyte, mode to cut down or outright eliminate the prosocial aspects of the mode?

That's why I suggested it being tied to match making. You can turn it off.

12 hours ago, George_PPS said:

We always hear about players wanting the game to be harder

Yes. And we also hear the opposite a lot. So I guess it would be fair to make a post on that too. No offense just pointing it out.

Anyways these ppl who want a more difficult game are just a loud minority. I wouldn't pay much attention to them honestly. 

Archived