The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 163 Overview

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

did they say what his subsum would be?

Yeah prob gonna dump his 2 for roar or infested strength. 

2nd

•  
  • Tharros Strike (Subsumed) - Styanax bashes his shield forward to launch a fan of javelins that staggers enemies, reduces their armor and shields by half, and inflicts damage.

31 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

His 1 pulls enemies together in a Vortex.
His 2 is armor strip, very powerfull in SP
His 3 is a nice buff.
His 4 looks amazing.
He looks amazing and seems like he is cool to play. The spear gameplay alone looks very fun to me.

What's not to like?

It always depends on how you want to see things. Some people can find joy in the most mundane things, other people can have riches beyond our imagination and still remain unhappy. So ask yourself, what do you need in your life?

How it turned into leaning about life and stuff like this? That's nice.

To be more serious his 1st and maybe 2nd sounds pretty nice but rest are "mundane". 3rd just give me energy and shield (on kills) and 4th is just Mesa's Peacemaker - auto aiming boring stuff.

It can look nice but I need something more from games. I can "see joy" in in many things (images, text etc) but from games I need more.

21 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

his 3 seems like it encourages an active playstyle,

I wonder how it will play with Crit chance. Gyre's 3rd is not so great because it buffs "high crit" weapons more. If I could buff "low crit" weapons then it would be interesting.

On 2022-08-26 at 10:05 PM, Dunkelheit said:

Honestly, Venus-Venera, all your postings are kinda targeted against the developers. Maybe it is time for a break for you if you despise what they do so much. I play the game for the whole 9 years (with breaks) and I think this was the best developers stream they ever did. I think that Rebecca + Pablo are very, very good for the game.

With Steel Path relic cracking and a Steel Path sortie they finally do something for the veterans, so I am all for waiting how it plays out.

The AOE and Wukong nerfs that you criticised so heavily in your postings are all very mild and thoughtful. So maybe it is time for you to make some amends, isn't it?

Well this guy asked for more armor for Volt, who can hit Overshield cap with casting Discharge once w/Capacitance. I will take their opinion with a lot of salt.

On 2022-08-26 at 9:31 PM, Venus-Venera said:

So wukong is unchanged. I rarely activated 1 skill and now it's a complete waste of energy.

volt was already so fast and now he is the best support warframe for speed runs.. hello 445% str....

aoe weapons with less range and bugged line of sight mechanics? lol... absolutely embarrassing. then most will play with Ignis Wraith (mr9 weapon for 15k credits) as in 2017. because nothing else is needed for saryn.

i smell new epic fail.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAdSi9-TRLFsXozdUmVqY

Oh no Warframe is dead

-Some players every time devs are changing something in Warframe in a way they don't like

Warframe:

522x0

thanks as always mako!

- glad to hear Styanax will be FREE for a limited time: IMO that should be a thing for every new release, it's a a far better way of getting people to try out the new frame and get potential feedback on his abilties upon release, which helps decide if he needs a buff/nerf or some fixes to parts of his kit that aren't working properly. still not gonna hype him too much, but he's got Spear and Shield and a plume-style ehlm.. looking good so far!

- SP relics sounds good, though it's still only one relic at a time right? it's not gonna help me and other long-time players get rid of unwanted surplus, but at least this will help me keep buying ciphers.

- LOVE the syndicate change, does it go straight to neutral so no faffing about grinding away negative rep when you change to a new Syndicate? and we don't need sigils any more apparently, praise the Void!; I've said for years that syndicate sigils being tied to rep means less fashionframe choices, and finally the change is made.

- changes to the starter frames and Wukong sound good, but I'm gonna wait until Veilbreaker to know more.

- weekly Kahl missions sound pretty great, I guess that's where his customization ties in. hopefully his missions will actually be somewhat challenging.

looking forward to Veilbreaker, and being able to say "madness?! THIS. IS . WARFRAME!! *kicks enemy into space*

25 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wonder how it will play with Crit chance. Gyre's 3rd is not so great because it buffs "high crit" weapons more. If I could buff "low crit" weapons then it would be interesting.

Ah yes, "numbers and stats", I've dismissed that claim. (please tell me you understood that reference xD)

> Grendel, Caliban, Yareli, released for about 1 year

Only 1 alternative helmet

> Styanax, not released

2 alternative helmets with 1 deluxe?

Seriously DE?

Anyway, this DevStream is giving me hope that Reb and Pablo will make Warframe great again. Within 2 months we are seeing things that the community has been asking for decades getting done! That's why we need people that play yheir own game to be in charge. Finally we are on a good track guys!

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

The ability  armor strip percentages working like Oberon's ...isn't this a significant nerf in Steel Path?  Or was that fixed?

Basically embers subsume will be meta and grineer will be a joke faction because 100% armor strip is even easier to pull off

I really liked the Devstream, seems like a lot of wonderful stuff is coming along.

Styanax seems cool and someone fun to play. I wish he had extra damage reduction somewhere, especially seeing as he's a shield boi and I typically think of Greek hoplites as 'too angry to die' types. I suppose it depends on how easily his 3 can keep him alive, I really hate frames that need rolling guard/shield gating to survive in Steel Path. Well, I guess he'll have trouble with toxin damage.

Come to think of it, I wish Helminth had a nice damage reduction ability to subsume. Null Star sucks even with recasting.

12 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

What an inspiring, interesting new Warframe! Such an impression!

Seriously, I personally really liked Styanax, both looks and gameplay, like, wow, insta top 5 for me right outta the gate. (even though the theme is meh for me, and I'm greek xD)

Glad you liked him, i hope you really enjoy him once he get released.

But you know, it's just my opinion...no hate towards anyone just that i think this Warframe isn't anything special. 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Thanks a lot from me to @(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako as well! <3

Spoiler

See the source image

20 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

gating is mindless because it requires skill spam like zombie. i saw video where a boy claimed that gyre is imba. and then he spammed skills on sp and kept rolling guard on cd. for me it's a story from an insane asylum.

adaptation is a lousy mod because it often loses stacks. and you have to get the stacks first... it works on inaros, but with that much health buffer you can also spam vaz dash.
but volt dies in a few seconds if you're not careful.

same issue applies to banshee , nova, ect being active and dodging also comes into play on the glass cannon frames, having a melee with high def also helps 

with now the ability to hold the shield and run around without penalties should also help survivability and wield primary . well have to see and feedback as needed 

19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

There was a huge issue with Reckoning on the  Steel Path bonus, which WayofWisdom said is still a problem.  The wiki description says Oberon needs 250% cumulative strip to completely remove armor from SP enemies.  So apparently Reckoning is only removing the base armor amount from the total.  IOW...

If a unit has 400 armor in normal star chart, and Reckoning has exactly enough power strength to remove 50% armor, each cast removes 200.  And two casts remove armor completely.

In SP that becomes 1000 armor (before level bonuses).  Reckoning still removes just 200 each cast, and takes 5 casts to remove all of it.

Hopefully I've got that right.  I haven't tested it or anything, and am just inferring what's happening from the wiki.

Presumably that's a bug / unintended mechanic with percentile -base- armor strip.   If so, I just hope that gets fixed first.  I don't particularly want to have to cast Sonic Fracture four times instead of once to remove armor completely.   Same deal with Caustic Strike, Gaze, Seeking Shuriken, etc. 

hmm , possibly they are tweaking the oberon then general application to all, if not then we will need to push serious feedback on the issue, have to have in hand , but if the precedent exists then i understand the concern 

19 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I missed most of the stream. Thanks for the overview Mako.

Also, shield weapon when? (This reminds me a lot more of Tron than Marvel 🤔 )
giphy.gif?cid=790b761153950a8d425e92ab67

its why i do it <3 

See the source image

10 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Glad you liked him, i hope you really enjoy him once he get released.

But you know, it's just my opinion...no hate towards anyone just that i think this Warframe isn't anything special. 🤷‍♂️

What even would be 'special' nowadays?

1 hour ago, DeadVoid118 said:

What even would be 'special' nowadays?

Flies like Titania, comes with Saryn's nuking ability, has an exaggerated butt / chest, an exalted weapon that's just Arquebex, effectively invincible and boosts loot gains! 

Nothing less will satisfy the community ^^;

@[DE]Pablo Wasn't there a better way of handling Celestial Twin? Making it use the player's ammo completely destroyed the ability and noone will use it. Will be an even worse ability than Iron Staff, which noone uses due to how bad its stance combos are and the low damage, compared to regular melee weapons that have Slash.

If the clone uses a gun with low ammo all of it will be gone in few seconds. The Kuva Bramma is a good example, where it has 10 ammo with Primary Merciless and all of it will be gone in less than 10 seconds, depending on fire rate. There's also the issue with deciding to use the Celestial Stomp augment, which is very good for CC and survivability. Players can't afford to use it if the tradeoff will be your weapon's ammo going poof so fast. This affects all guns, not just those with low ammo. Not to mention how this will be affected by the new ammo pickup changes.

The clone doesn't always kill enemies, but shoots in their direction so will run into situations where it will be wasting the player's ammo, without even killing enemies. This is very common, speaking from experience. I understand the problem of it automating the game for you, but this change is on the same level if not worse than the huge nerfs done before, such as Maiming Strike. Would have been so much better to let the clone use just Iron Staff or swap between your melee and the staff, depending what you're using. At least in that case still won't automate the game for you, but remain relevant and can still afford to use Celestial Stomp.

I have no issue with any of the other changes shown on devstream 163 and do think they are healthy for the game, but this is the one I completely disagree with. I really hope this change is looked upon further and a better solution is found, because it's just very disappointing.

On 2022-08-28 at 12:38 PM, Doomelf said:

@[DE]Pablo Wasn't there a better way of handling Celestial Twin? Making it use the player's ammo completely destroyed the ability and noone will use it. Will be an even worse ability than Iron Staff, which noone uses due to how bad its stance combos are and the low damage, compared to regular melee weapons that have Slash.

If the clone uses a gun with low ammo all of it will be gone in few seconds. The Kuva Bramma is a good example, where it has 10 ammo with Primary Merciless and all of it will be gone in less than 10 seconds, depending on fire rate. There's also the issue with deciding to use the Celestial Stomp augment, which is very good for CC and survivability. Players can't afford to use it if the tradeoff will be your weapon's ammo going poof so fast. This affects all guns, not just those with low ammo. Not to mention how this will be affected by the new ammo pickup changes.

The clone doesn't always kill enemies, but shoots in their direction so will run into situations where it will be wasting the player's ammo, without even killing enemies. This is very common, speaking from experience. I understand the problem of it automating the game for you, but this change is on the same level if not worse than the huge nerfs done before, such as Maiming Strike. Would have been so much better to let the clone use just Iron Staff or swap between your melee and the staff, depending what you're using. At least in that case still won't automate the game for you, but remain relevant and can still afford to use Celestial Stomp.

I have no issue with any of the other changes shown on devstream 163 and do think they are healthy for the game, but this is the one I completely disagree with. I really hope this change is looked upon further and a better solution is found, because it's just very disappointing.

I will chime in on this, the twin power while using weapons as you state is significantly reduced

(mind you this is supposed to be the 1st power of a frame and is not supposed to be game breaking usually ,as a trend between warframes)

however solely focused on using weapons is not the most effective route for twin, given the other powers internal synergy to scale twin , and utility, yes it was not "always accurate" this was why people used AOE nuke weapons paired to spam erase the map of foes , which again is why wukong and aoe are getting the changes , it was a cyclical nature of effect. I know not everyone did this , i subsumed twin a long time ago as i just dont like it (it dosnt match to mythology in terms of its capability) 

to explain twins usefulness after changes:

using cloud walker ,grants hp when moving for  twin ,also "invulnerability. so twin can still regenerate to stay out longer, in conjunction with defy (3) also grants invulnerability and scales + redirects all damage out same as wukong himself.  all of thtis making twin still  powerful and useful as another power strike zone ,just not mindless spam shoot map powerful or solely by itself powerful. basicly as pablo stated this removes the automation , meaning players have to input commands/powers to make the frame function 

now further using 4(exalted staff:iconic weapon) with new range changes spoken in 163 and with defy 3 you gain further range and damage and even critical (using 4 aug) to again further push the damage scale +range factor to higher levels . this is the reason for the kits internal synergy , its to be paired and used along with other powers not be a sole dependency   

Now before anyone starts saying this is only on wukong . 

Excalibur umbra specter and Equinox Duality will also be getting these changes , so its going to be the NEW standard across any specter mode power , not solely on wukong. 

personally i think its rational and im actually looking forward to the ammo type change as it means less looking for a specific color when im running around (simplifies things) 

EDIT: Per my Q to pablo specter powers will also on empty switch to secondary 

On 2022-08-27 at 11:27 PM, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Great work as always!

Lots of good stuff and news.

Also excuse me while I drool over the new landing craft. 🤤

you and me both, made me think heli attack chopper 🤤

On 2022-08-27 at 11:31 PM, cute_moth.npc said:

Flies like Titania, comes with Saryn's nuking ability, has an exaggerated butt / chest, an exalted weapon that's just Arquebex, effectively invincible and boosts loot gains! 

Nothing less will satisfy the community ^^;

please dont give them ideas, next we will hear new body "physics" are add :crylaugh:

On 2022-08-26 at 4:34 PM, quxier said:

I'm curious what's so nice about STaynax?

I think he just has a nice useful mix of abilities and his passive gives crit. I also like his helmets. He's a guy that I think will have a really cool Prime one day. Love that he has a support move that gives energy regen, a vortex and armor strip. Not sure how powerful his ult will be, but it does look cool and that's probably the most important thing about an ult really. If it's not good, that will just end up being the helminth-over ability. Basically he reminds me of Caliban, who I really like theoretically, although I'll fully admit Caliban is not a great tank even though he's kind of billed as one. Caliban is very underused so I think they will get back to Caliban eventually, but I hope they learned something from the issues he has. Styanax's abilities look very fast so as long as that's there on ship and he can actually get shields back quickly then he could be good. Though sadly I think it's possible he might have what I think is Caliban's Achilles heal which is that he can't get shields on demand. Protea's longevity comes from her insta-overshields/shield regen from her 1 that kick in super quick after cast. Caliban's shield buddies need to come with a stack of shields on cast to be appropriate protection IMO, and then they can regenerate and get more when they attack. Having to wait for them to start attacking to get shields isn't reliable enough. They probably need a little more health/duration too. Styanax though, like Hildryn and Harrow seems to be big on shields, so he might have enough to offset that issue so we'll have to see.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with the direction Rebb and Pablo are taking WF. Considering they were in charge of Angels of Zariman, and that update was fantastic with the new game modes and eximus changes. And now they're adding SP Relics, AoE explosive nerfs, an attempt at Sortie endgame, etc. Overall, a bunch of QoL improvements and trying to pull away from the mind numbing afk farming playstyle. I wish them luck!

Archived