Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Mag_Gaming said:

Hell yes, finally, wonderful!

Only thing missing are harder AoE nerfs and crossplay but praise be I´m sure it´s on the radar!

just admit you don't want AOE weapons to be good period. 

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 3

Yikes. If you're going to take away all the ammo and AOE range at least add damage to balance it out. This cripples players that much more on the horde heavy steel path missions on top of the issue with the lack of players on it. Between the arcane nerfs and lack of ammo to actually keep up with the scaling, steel path survival and defense is near impossible to play past 20 min/waves now. Why do founders keep getting screwed out of late game content? 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, -KyloRen- said:

Where are the new archon mods dropping now? I see people selling them in Trade chat...

people are already getting archon mods by transmuting them.
Sad part is all the people that did it should have them being removed instead DE is just gonna let them.
Same reason with double styanax.

Logged in didnt receive anything, not even a warframe since they disabled drops.
Instead I get to watch other people enjoy things because they don't have a life or work.

Good balance, another update another time I get #*!%ed because I couldnt log in earlier.
Last time you had the nekros double archangel drops now this, why do I even bother.

Edited by MrSigy
  • Like 2

3 часа назад, --RV--Bladek сказал:

now bubonico is unusable. 

Press alt-fire to apply status and magazine is empty - need to wait before primary fire to utilize galvanized aptitude. S#&$ty change!!

Need lower Alt fire ammo requirement OR larger magazine

• Like 8

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno will gain access to KAHL’S GARRISON, a new Syndicate located in the Drifter’s Camp on Earth

i get wanting to make use of new areas....but have you thought of also including Him in Iron Wake...you know, the GRINEER camp? i really dont want any grineer near my Camp haahah. This also helps people who dont want to use Drifters Camp and want to stay in the Orbiter full time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XennethKeisere said:

You guys literally nerfed the throws. You didn't keep the full damage from charge throws at all!

The speargun throw now has the stats of a charged throw, without needing to charge it.  If you review the wiki you will see that the explosion of Javlok's charged throw is listed as 300 heat damage.... And in new update, the Javlok's throw damage explosion is 300 heat damage.

(modified by the amount of ammo still in the spear when you throw it, of course)

• Like 4

please guys revert the nerf to arcane merciless. this affects WAY MORE than just AoE weapons. if you get to have a maxed arcane merciless, you should be able to negate some low ammo economy, because it's a late game item. you just stripped it out of an excellent stat, with NOTHING in compensation. that's not how it works. this arcane nerf, along with ALL the other ammo nerf, is just pure overkill. i thought the days of DE going OVERKILL nerf were gone. 

• Like 15

It took me 32 minutes to take down the Archon (solo). With fully upgraded Phenmor.
Idk, maaaaybe its health is a little too high?
It wasn't exactly a challenging experience - it was just holding a mouse button for 32 minutes (and some jumping).
Enemies still hit hard af though, nothing to complain about here (I guess).

Tried in a random squad - pretty much the same: 28 minutes.

• Like 8

The ammo issues are right - you really only needed to reduce the ammo capacity for launchers, (and potentially update ammo drops to the 3 pools) job done.

However, reducing ammo for a lot of weapons, removing the arcane as well is going to be a big problem. Many of the fast-firing weapons will run out of ammo, and if they are paired with a launcher (eg my common loadout of kuva ogris and kuva twin stubbas) then I will be running around without ammo a lot. The stubbas are there for fun, mainly, but they rip througfh ammo like nothing, now that the ogris will be empty a lot, the stubbas will no longer be there for the difference, but will be essential backup. And that means their ammo pool will disappear very quickly.

Same applies to a lot of other non-heavy weapons.

In the archon hunt i played today, i did indeed run out of ammo. Great. Melee meta here we go again!

Also, the lack of ammo for the big AoE weapons is overdone, I understand the bramma and zarr used ot wipe rooms, but the ogris was much more crowd control. with 7 shots, its usefulness is, I think, at an end. That in itsefl might be a problem for the game as a whole - I run a lot of missions with an old Kuva Hind or Tiberon prme. For the fun, but they were never top-tier weapons, I doubt they would even be able to compete in the archon hunts. I'm not sure how the game will evolve now - bearing in mind that so much "difficult" content was added to cope with these mega weapons, now they are almost useless in the game, what happens with the difficult end-game content. Naturally, it'll be melee all over again, and warframe nuking. That will undo all the positive change WF has been building since guns were recognised as needing buffs.

• Like 9

About ammo:

With so many ammo pickup overrides the point of having "increased" ammo pickups is moot if not pointless. The changes themselves are... well, if you wanted to kill AoE weapons, you sure as hell succeeded. Which is kinda strange, considering WF is a horde game, where you have to quickly and efficiently dispatch as many enemies as humanly possible, no matter how you look at it. Not to mention wonky level geometrics and odd enemy damage models don't help much.

• Like 11

I really liked the flow of throwing the spear to switch to secondary, shot around for a while while the spear does its thing, and pick it up when done (or just have it come back after a while). I get that it doesn't work quite as well with the javlok, given the lack of passive effect, but in my opinion, pulling a new one from somewhere just makes it a somewhat regular explosive launcher, and takes away from the spearguns identity. A better fix would have been to give it some fire aoe while it's around, for example, or to give the throw enough damage to justify the fetching part.

Cheers for the update, still !