The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is the difference between prime frames and regular frames so mediocre?

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Question

14 answers to this question

It's better this way, if there's massive gap of strength there will be toxic people who won't accept players who don't use prime frames when looking for squads, and people would never use regular version of vaulted primes and have to wait months or even years just for them to come back, also you still need regular frames for mastery and helminth, so skipping on them would be dumb.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

It's better this way, if there's massive gap of strength there will be toxic people who won't accept players who don't use prime frames when looking for squads, and people would never use regular version of vaulted primes and have to wait months or even years just for them to come back, also you still need regular frames for mastery and helminth, so skipping on them would be dumb.

A - Toxic players will be toxic in EVERY gaming enviroment. So as long as they aren't preventing anybody from playing the game, they can be easily ignored. There are plenty of blocking and reporting systems.

B - Primes come with the base skin, so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

C - I've gotten plenty of primes prior to their regular counterparts. I think it should be required for your account to have owned a regular version of a frame you are building the prime of in a world where primes are always an upgrade.

D - I would suggest making primes and regulars have different stats more so that better or worse stats if they're going to continue with the current ways of obtaining them. Perhaps one has way more shields while the other has way more energy max. Stuff like that. 

E - I would also like to be able to sacrofice primes to the helminth for some kind of additional potency. 

And this isn't to say that your opinions aren't good. I think it's reasonable to want to reducse the toxics and mastery/heminth points. I just prefer a world where primes and even non-primes have greater value to stand out amongst eachother.  

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Well said.

hace 7 minutos, (XBOX)Architect Prime dijo:

A - Toxic players will be toxic in EVERY gaming enviroment. So as long as they aren't preventing anybody from playing the game, they can be easily ignored. There are plenty of blocking and reporting systems.

B - Primes come with the base skin, so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

C - I've gotten plenty of primes prior to their regular counterparts. I think it should be required for your account to have owned a regular version of a frame you are building the prime of in a world where primes are always an upgrade.

D - I would suggest making primes and regulars have different stats more so that better or worse stats if they're going to continue with the current ways of obtaining them. Perhaps one has way more shields while the other has way more energy max. Stuff like that. 

E - I would also like to be able to sacrofice primes to the helminth for some kind of additional potency. 

And this isn't to say that your opinions aren't good. I think it's reasonable to want to reducse the toxics and mastery/heminth points. I just prefer a world where primes and even non-primes have greater value to stand out amongst eachother.  

When the prime ones came out they didn't have any difference with the normal ones apart from the design (and well the first prime ones hardly had any differences in the design) and 2 or 3 years later they decided to buff them up a bit and they've been that way ever since. Nobody cares as it is.

We will surely see some of your friends or acquaintances complain in this post if it somehow becomes popular, I wish you luck with that.

In conclusion: Because they were designed that way, you don't like them, don't use them.

hope springs GIF

PS: If you wonder why I'm aggressive. It's because i'm tired of people making posts like these (demanding changes) all day.

38 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

PS: If you wonder why I'm aggressive. It's because i'm tired of people making posts like these (demanding changes) all day.

Did my post make demands or was the OP ending in question marks and my further responses being suggestions and opinions, none of which sold as fact. Except for maybe primes coming with base skin. Anyway, if you're "tired" of a certain kind of post, you need to take a step back from these forums for your own health. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

If you're giving feedback, it should be in Feedback, not PHP. Oh goodness I just realized how Players Helping Players acronyms...

Can make a thread, mmm, here for example.

My understanding is that they are mostly mean to be more of a visual aesthetic upgrade, with a relatively minimal stat buff. At least as far as Warframes. Weapons on the other hand.. There is some novelty with this, and probably considered quite significantly, in order to best find a niche, in being appealing to newer players, and people who earn the regular Warframe's, whilst... being incentivised to eventually try and grind for the Prime versions... whilst... also being an incentive to players who are willing to spend a fair bit of real money, to get the fancier, cool looking new Prime versions, immediately without waiting or RNG. I doubt such a decision was made so lightly and without some sort of discussion, looking at different ideas/approaches. 

Doesn't mean the system is perfect, but what is? I wouldn't necessarily say the regular versions are skippable. They are relatively speaking, always available, so for many players, the only way to get some Warframes in the moment, and outside a few exceptions... usually easy to get. Also, required for mastery, for those players who want to master items. 

Not every players journey is the same. Making suggestions around availability or acquisition of Warframes, and limitations around such, yeah, could make certain degrees of sense, but who ultimately has to make such decisions and profit from them? I think Nasa should make their space rockets look like fists, so when hey launch, it looks like cool uppercuts. Well okay on that suggestion...? Moving on... 

As far as very different stats? Eh, personally, just speaking for myself, I wouldn't care for that, and would make me less invested in the game, because it'd mean having to collect more. O'm personally fine with getting a vanilla frame, then deleting it to make way for the Prime version (though I do save a few vanilla frames, for different build purposes, and fashion reasons, since the stats aren't that different.) Thats just myself personally, I can get why others may prefer a system like the one you suggested, so DE would have to see which one is ultimately more profitable/retains players better etc and go with that one. 

Basically I am fine with how things operate. Could I think of potential improvements better or ideas better suited to my own personal ideas? Yeah, but it would be hard work attempting to make suggestions so good as to actually be considered worth the risk in actually implementing/and going against what people have grown to expect. Probably not as difficult as trying to get Nasa to make Punch Rocket Ships but still... 

IMHO:

• the cosmetic changes alone are worth the upgrade
  • you get MR from them so if MR matters, thats a plus
  • the little stat buffs are a nice-to-have

Also - as far as "vaulting makes them unobtainable so if they were much better the community would be in an uproar" - I disagree strongly.  They are all easy to obtain with a little (too little) plat in trading, regular unvaulting, and now with the aya event to purchase what relics you want.

If anything, it is to DE's detriment they aren't significant upgrades - if they were more people would spend more plat on them, OR, even better for DE, spend really $$ on the prime access.

In several instances, the regular frames are harder to acquire than the prime frames. (Marginally harder, but still.) For instance, you need to complete specific missions to get Titania and Inaros, and my Clan is relatively well-established but still hasn't researched vanilla Wukong. But their prime versions were/are attainable just by casually playing void fissure missions.

So as some have already said, primes aren't "elite" versions of frames, they're just an alternative with minor upgrades.

On 2022-09-12 at 5:00 PM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

...there's still this little thing called Mastery though, it's kind of important overall so ya, skip a frame and you're missing out

It's great that makes sense to you but it makes no sense in regards to how crafting works in this game(and while I do have some issues with how it works in terms of lore and releases that's a separate discussion), why would you need to know the construction methods of the base frame when you have all required blueprints to craft a better version from scratch? There's no frankensteining going on to need the base frame first.

This isn't a suggestions board and like the point above it makes 0 sense for a 'Primed' or 'better built' version to have massive changes from the base concept. Changing how a frame plays or handles between the base version and the prime version is basically having 2 different frames with identical skill kits. The 'mediocre' difference in power is enough if you understand or care even slightly about the lore behind it all.

Again not a place for suggestions, and while that may be something they consider in the future the current implementation of the Helminth system doesn't cover any such difference. And at least from my understanding I have a hard time imaging it has the means of quantifying the difference in anyway that isn't something along the lines of a valence fusion sort of bonus and even that is likely a stretch.

Archived