Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does DE take 9 months to release nothing ? DE has gotten comfortable and let their game go.

CoffeeSnake

Just now, CoffeeSnake said:

I mean I think Destiny 2 is a terrible game lol. I dont think it is fair to say warframe gives content for free. It sounds like they are working for free and are making this game in their spare time. If they are making 100 million dollars annually in revenue.... kinda hard to say they do not have the budget for it.

You can try finding any free to play game that as generous as Warframe without mandatory paywall, I believe you will find none.

That 100 million annually isn't that much honestly, look at bungie bragging on 1 million preorders on WQ, that's to 80 millions and assuming 1 million out of their 50 millions buying seasons, that's 40 millions every 3 months, resulting to $160 million from seasons and grand total of $240 million annually

Not to mention eververse with $300 million, that's triple dipping in paywall

3 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Because they care about this game. That's why.

Hey, i care about the game. Let me write down a 30 pages long rant about what is wrong with it, then i will proceed to quit the game for good.

What part of that shows that i care for a game i no longer will play?

Just now, CoffeeSnake said:

You don't think that is an issue ? 

Only if you're a content creator whose job is to create entertainment out of this game, and a lack of new content makes that tougher but not impossible. For the everyday player, no, it shouldn't need to be an issue.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Zero_029 said:

I'm in the same boat in terms of doing everything.

MR30, All Research Dojo, All Prime Frames, Fully Maxed Railjack with a perfect Crew. 

Literally nothing for me beyond playing for casual fun and enjoying story content.

As I said before. The time gates are required to save players from themselves

That said, if you're that complete, then do what many do and play every other day, every 3 days or so, or spread out your weeklies so that you have a fun schedule.

And when you're not on Warframe work on your backlog of games (we all have one).

That's what I do.

Currently working of Tales of Vesperia and Aragami.

I log in every so often and then log right back out as I realize there is no enjoyment to be had with the casual or average part of this game. I dont see a reason for me to hunt a riven for a weapon I do not enjoy and will never use against enemies that are so brainless to fight. Sure I could farm kuva all day to get god roll rivens but then whats the point. The game play loop isnt fun at all. Just mash E, press ability buffs, shoot aimlessly. 

The kahl gameplay was a very nice change of pace.

11 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

Going onto syndicates like kahls garrison. Time gated or not, it takes maybe an hour to do his mission to completion, then you wait a week to do the next. Lets say this update gave us ten hours of content, total. You play those ten hours, you get the warframe and the mods and items, you have them leveled and parts are built. There is still nothing to do with the rewards you get. m

That's still 10 hours of content, for free. Other games charge you for that much and nothing to do with the rewards you get? That's more on your mindset, you get them, you play around with them. Not this "get them, level them up and you're done"

14 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

Maybe I have just done everything this game has had to offer. Which is okay, until the long awaited updates arent fulfilling. Warframe doesnt have the enjoyable replicability like many other games seem to.

Now take a deep look at tell me of that "replicability" (you mean replayability) isn't randomized loot or endless grinding

3 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Only if you're a content creator whose job is to create entertainment out of this game, and a lack of new content makes that tougher but not impossible. For the everyday player, no, it shouldn't need to be an issue.

Fair enough. If you think that Warframe should be played once every few months than thats fine.

14 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

That's still 10 hours of content, for free. Other games charge you for that much and nothing to do with the rewards you get? That's more on your mindset, you get them, you play around with them. Not this "get them, level them up and you're done"

Now take a deep look at tell me of that "replicability" (you mean replayability) isn't randomized loot or endless grinding

While the kahl gameplay is a breath of fresh air. The rewards you get from kahl work into the general gameplay of warframe. Sure you test it and then its still boring, enemies die just the same, now you've only done it faster, or you just added another layer of invincibility on top of the five other layers. When I talk about replicability, I talk about going into a mission, doing the daily fluff content, what ever it may be. Hunt a lich, play rail jack, they are just bland, stat check, mindless loops of mashing buttons. I wish warframe was not like this.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

When I talk about replicability, I talk about going into a mission, what ever it may be. Hunt a lich, play rail jack, they are just bland, stat check, mindless loops of mashing buttons. I wish warframe was not like this.

Then go into details what kind of mission you want because any game is like what you said, stat check and mindless loops of mashing buttons

15 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

Fair enough. If you think that Warframe should be played once every few months than thats fine.

It's an option. Just like there are already a lot of daily (or even semi-hourly) activity throughout the game. Those are still available.

1 hour ago, CoffeeSnake said:

While the kahl gameplay is a breath of fresh air. The rewards you get from kahl work into the general gameplay of warframe. Sure you test it and then its still boring, enemies die just the same, now you've only done it faster, or you just added another layer of invincibility on top of the five other layers. When I talk about replicability, I talk about going into a mission, doing the daily fluff content, what ever it may be. Hunt a lich, play rail jack, they are just bland, stat check, mindless loops of mashing buttons. I wish warframe was not like this.

Yeah. There's nothing for you in Warframe then.

The game is a horde Looter rpg (ala: Diablo). Ultimately everything becomes a stat check with a light skill check mixed in. 

Diablo 3 eventually got that way for me. In which case I stopped playing. I do occasionally pop it in but I don't dedicate myself like I used too. 

If the gameplay loop has worn out its welcome with you then you gotta move on. 

Cause essentially you now want the game to change/go in a direction that will eventually make the game something that doesn't resemble what it originally was.

Ex: The division of the playerbase that wants a Soulsbourne like gameplay. Well....stats and etc wouldn't matter as much in that kind of gameplay but can you call that gameplay "Warframe" at that point? 

Best advice I can give is to take a break. Let content build up. Return if you feel like it.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

For a dude who said they're quitting the OP is replying to this thread a lot. Hmmmm.

Its like someone making a huge fuss in a restaurant, but refuses to leave in the meantime until he/she gets to eat the most expensive dish at the amount he/she wants and getting paid for eating it.,

2 hours ago, CoffeeSnake said:

You don't think that is an issue ?

... Warframe not being his life is an issue for you...?

Oh wow, this just gets better and better.

risa-risitas.gif

vor 5 Stunden schrieb CoffeeSnake:

I do not understand what DE is doing. They seem to have gotten LAZY with these updates. There is a gigantic content drought and there has been for years and this is why. They take months, talking about bonus content when they pile on garbage on a poor foundation. DE is capable of so much. What is with these unnecessary time gates. This game has no substance and DE continues to disappoint. It is not like they overhype anything which they can do, they just seem to not even be trying. They have done very intricate things before in the game and for an "end game" update to be so lack luster is just disappointing. DE does not seem to be putting in any effort into their game anymore. A stat check boss with zero mechanics, really ? Anytime DE lazily adds difficulty, it results in a health sponge enemy. The arcon fight simply takes longer due to mechanics added to reduce the damage that you can deal to it, this doesnt make it harder, just takes longer; even still we found a way to one shot them. DE needs to fix their general gameplay experience with enemies being mindless sponges, there are so many times where I see enemies not shooting, or standing still or just not paying attention. With every update there is a short quest and not content after that adds to the core game.

It is clear that DE does not care about Warframe anymore, you can even see it with their dev streams. It is just a book club to them. They need to hand the game off to a Dev team that cares. 

With this I quit. After playing this game since 2015, I am done.

Do you even realize this word salad makes absolutely no sense at all?

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Not every game is like Genshin Impact pumping out big content updates every 1-2 months.

even then, there's plenty of speedrunners: people complained about Aranara questline being too long (it was), but many of them were speedrunners. this is why events are gated so that each stage releases a day or so at a time, otherwise we'd literally do it all in one day, especially easy combat events with trial characters like the current one. Warframe is sort of using the same formula by having the Archon hunts and Kahl missions being weekly: something has to be done to maintain longevity.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

nobody's better at sending off whiners than Curly Bill!

I somewhat agree with OP. The content is decently enjoyable when it comes to Archons, but they dont allow us to be productive and play it due to time gates, which is piss poor design when the system already has mechanics in it that allows for infinite replayablity (Tau forged) if that is what they were scared wouldnt be a thing. Gating the content and the normal shards serves no purpose. Secondly, Kahl, atleast the first mission, was mindnumbing to say the least. It took practically everything that was fun with the Kahl part of TNW and his introduction quest, and just gutted it.

Playing Solid Kahl on a severe budget is not why Kahl was fun. Dakka Kahl, Bigger Dakka Kahl and Biggest Dakka Kahl are the things that made Kahl fun. And the chase for random S#&$e across the map didnt improve the gameplay one bit either. Oh and we can only progress 1 time per week here aswell, splending.

Currently, the approach with Archons and Kahl scream mobile, I did not expect us to see those types of gates in this game. These are the exact same crap approaches that are seen in games like Diablo Immortal aswell to drag out on time.

As to the spongeness of Archons. Well we can only thank the community for that since many go nuts with the slightest power reduction in our arsenal. Not much DE can do but sponge things up to make fights last. Better they do that than go Nihil or Exploiter Orb style...

vor 16 Stunden schrieb CoffeeSnake:

I do not understand what DE is doing. They seem to have gotten LAZY with these updates. There is a gigantic content drought and there has been for years and this is why. They take months, talking about bonus content when they pile on garbage on a poor foundation. DE is capable of so much. What is with these unnecessary time gates. This game has no substance and DE continues to disappoint. It is not like they overhype anything which they can do, they just seem to not even be trying. They have done very intricate things before in the game and for an "end game" update to be so lack luster is just disappointing. DE does not seem to be putting in any effort into their game anymore. A stat check boss with zero mechanics, really ? Anytime DE lazily adds difficulty, it results in a health sponge enemy. The arcon fight simply takes longer due to mechanics added to reduce the damage that you can deal to it, this doesnt make it harder, just takes longer; even still we found a way to one shot them. DE needs to fix their general gameplay experience with enemies being mindless sponges, there are so many times where I see enemies not shooting, or standing still or just not paying attention. With every update there is a short quest and not content after that adds to the core game.

It is clear that DE does not care about Warframe anymore, you can even see it with their dev streams. It is just a book club to them. They need to hand the game off to a Dev team that cares. 

With this I quit. After playing this game since 2015, I am done.

but this super fun mission was released! where I can finally explore great fun as mele greener with a relaxed walk! finally a lot of challenges like moving cameras with keyboard keys in the year 2022 and finally i don't have to stare at radar because finally no opponents are displayed there like in wallhacks!!

that's WOW!!!
I can play this mission for a year and it 200% never gets boring!

1 hour ago, JoBabZap said:

but this super fun mission was released! where I can finally explore great fun as mele greener with a relaxed walk! finally a lot of challenges like moving cameras with keyboard keys in the year 2022 and finally i don't have to stare at radar because finally no opponents are displayed there like in wallhacks!!

that's WOW!!!
I can play this mission for a year and it 200% never gets boring!

I think you have to find a new game for yourself. Maybe a therapist. Maybe both. 

You've been repeating these posts for a few days now, doesn't seem like a healthy relationship with a hobby to me. 

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I liked the update

Yea, I had quite a bit of fun as well. Just having Steel Path fissures already made it a stellar update for me. Between this and AoZ 2022 has been a great year for WF. Void Cascade is my new favorite game mode by a mile. 

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Assuming this isn't trolling because they just released two updates in three months, DE do seem to have contracted stage 1 "Team Fortress 2 crushing expectations syndrome" and are only just barely keeping it in

For those who don't know, Team Fortress 2 started out just releasing new weapons, new maps, and finishing up their "Meet the Team" series. Then they wanted to go the extra mile, so they also started releasing Halloween events, Christmas events, webcomics to add more lore, entirely new game modes like Mannpower and Mann Vs Machine, they even got in a contract with Adult Swim to release more animated shorts. And when every single thing they released had positive reception (except Mannpower) Valve crumbled under their own perfectionism. They thought fans wouldn't be satisfied without massive updates that brought in more of everything; when in truth fans just wanted something. This spiraled downward until Valve just gave up and stopped releasing things, leaving several things unfinished

I worry DE might be going down the same path sometimes

Valve hasn't donr anything for TF2 because of their corporate structure where developers get to pick the projects they want to work on and would you rather spend time making S#&$ for a game that's 15 years old and has tons of spaghetti code or would you rather make a hat for DotA2 and get a split of the profits for the item in the amount of tens of thousands of dollars.

Tubers like Lazy Purple singlehandedly trying to keep TF2 culturally relevant.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Zimzala:

All I see is yet another gamer that needs to hire a divorce lawyer.

Play it or don't, the angst and worry over a video game you have no actual control over is simply not healthy.

No game entertains forever, welcome to reality.

I am not sure!
super awesome khal mission is so addictive i can't stop! I probably wouldn't sleep at all tonight because I want to play it so badly!

Archived