Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.5

[DE]Connor

8 hours ago, Nira said:

Whoever wrote red text for this one, oh my gawd thank you, I really needed that laugh today.

What did the text say?
--

To DE:  Can you let me fly infinitely again and just nerf subsequent casts really hard if you don't touch the ground first? It was my favourite part about the frame.

8 hours ago, decoolheid said:

Styanax being in the air alot made for really interesting gameplay. I really think it makes playing styanax less fun.
You'd stay in the air not by spamming his 4, but by using his 1 and 4 together, before inevitably having to touch the ground to use his 2 and 3 anyways.

I saw myself staying in the air only by aimgliding and having to keep using his 1 for height and his 4 for speed. A start which only works on certain tiles btw.
You fall after not casting for like 3 seconds anyways so i dont see a reason to force people to go back to the ground every 10 seconds. Overall this change makes styanax less dynamic.

I'd really like to see something like being able to recast his 4 in the air if you used your 1.

MUCH BETTER implementation!!!!!

Not at all a fan of the Styanax changes. Please consider reverting these changes, or make him invincible while in his 4. Now his 4 is absolutely useless in steel path cause you cannot crowd control enemies while using it and he will get shot out of the air. The changes feel really bad and he was in a much better spot before.

You guys spent all this time making a very cool ability, but as it stands right now, I will just subsume it and use the boring option being Roar or some other survivability ability. I really liked his 4, and being able to cast his abilities while in it felt like something that was intended. Please listen to your players. This is not a good change.

Who cares if Styanax can stay in the air forever? Its a very odd adjustment, he also appeared to have pseudo-synergies with his 1 an 2 while the 4 was active but apparently that was a mistake, odd.

For high-level play this means he gets a free helminth slot, that's fine honestly but I just don't get the reason for changing him this way at all.

3 hours ago, FuriousRat32 said:

AoE needed to be nerfed, no question there. The issue with the ammo changes is that it's impacting non AoE weapons a lot more than it should while still not directly fixing the issue with the AoE meta. Ogris/Bramma/Zarr can still be spammed, without an issue, as long as someone has dispensary in squad, arbi meta runs are proof.

Meanwhile, high fire weapons struggle immensely with the ammo changes.

Why break all weapons when only the AoE needed to be nerfed?

I will make you an example so you understand why using the ammo scavenger mods is not enough:

I was running despoil nekros, in a survival, solo (higher ammo drops), with scavenger exilus on my kuva kohm, in a sortie mission with shotgun only modifier. I was running out of ammo most of the time, while still carefully planning my shots and not just spraying everywhere hoping to hit something.

This is the issue with the ammo changes, AoE has suffered considerably less than the rest of the weapons from the changes.

not only ammo mutation, the aura too....last time i try sniper scavenger with a sniper category wep, it didnt work, try out rifle scavenger with the same wep, it suprisingly works.

but yeah, like you said "why nerf all if you main goal is aoe".

but what can we do now if no reverts are yet to be seen?

Just had to find a way to go around it for now i think, like i used to do with basmu when battery nerf was introduced but they reverted so yeah good to have, but k kohm already have its prevalent ammo issues before this so i dont sure, but all my weps seems to sustain extremely well, unlike before which i had to run sniper scavenger or ammo mutation to sustain...

maybe sniff some copium together and hope DE can do smth about it like increase the pickups for weps like this? (e.g your kuva kohm)

10 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 

• The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done.

At this point just making it a channeled ability with quickly ramping energy cost or maybe an increasing cost per set of spears thrown and disabling regen during channeled casting would have been a better solution that would have extended flying time for those with the mods capable of sustaining it (primed flow, streamline, ect) while reducing flying time for those who don't specialize in that build(this being said since none of his other powers are channeled and therefore there is no reason to optimize for channeling besides this one proposed potential flying spartan build)

I mean, even just increasing energy cost from repeated castings while in the air, disabling energy regen until landing, and reset the cost buildup on landing would have solved the issue neatly without angering too many people(i think) as it would have allowed the QoL of airtime beyond typical frames without being completely silly as it would have had a limit due to ramping costs. (It's the 50th frame! let it be slightly more fun than usual!) Of course either of my suggestions so far would need additional testing and dev time, so they understandably cant be done as a quick fix.

A quick response to solve a meme issue(flying spartan) is all well and good and is something i do agree with(it needed to be fixed), but a quick fix is only as good as the willingness to improve that change exists from the team that made that change in the first place. All too often these quick fixes remain as they solve the issue well enough and the cost to change them further being less important than other matters(which is also something i agree with, all changes and development cost money and are not equally important). However this is your 50th warframe...it was announced, it was special, it was given away to all who play during the giveaway period, and you should be willing to give it a bit more special attention accordingly to make it feel special and not just be announced as special. This level of attention was obviously there during development (audio team armor sounds on walking/movement, signature weapon battlecry sounds on alt fire, shield and spear design, powerset design, styling in general(cool frame), anime thing, ect) but that level of attention should also extend to changes like this as well as the review of said changes.

I post rarely but this change in particular needs further review and I can't sit idly by when I can contribute something constructive. and to also hopefully impress a need from players to (maybe)see and (at least)hear that more attention will be given to this particular change for at least this particular warframe as it holds a special place in the lineup.(It has an anime short! It needs the extra love for sure to live up to THAT! otherwise when people get it they will be like "aw, not as cool as the short made it's ultimate move look")

11 hours ago, shut said:

I get why Styanax shouldn't be able to hover indefinitely thematically.

Good, because obviously there are a lot of players who don't get it. Then again, how many of them can even spell "hoplite".

And thematic incoherence plus an admitted miss from DE ("we knew but forgot") is quite enough reason to fix this.

I can see why "popularity" is important for Warframe as a game (as for almost all games), but I truly fail to see why popular exploits should be given any weight at all. Especially due to their "popularity". The overwhelming majority of them are just destructive for the game as a whole.

56 minutes ago, FuriousRat32 said:

I'm gonna ask about this again since it seems like most players aren't aware of the atrocious prices prime resurgence has for the prime accessories.

Wukong prime accessories were 17.77€ in prime access.

Now they're around 35€.

Can this be addressed? Can we actually get an honest answer on this?

@[DE]Danielle

ezgif-5-bd66468b62.gif

6 hours ago, Radiofloyd said:

Hey, I literally just played the current archon hunt: Still got a ton of sentient drops. They didn't make the drops rare in anyway.

When they say resources I don't think they're talking about the cores but rather the mission specific drops pulling from the pool based on the planet you're on. Polymers, Alloys, Salvage, etc. 

14 hours ago, Nerdy_Dinosaur said:

Public needs to have ranked matchmaking. Keeping high level players in public together and low level players in public together, that way late game builds can still exist, and to have a point to playing the game. I haven't played since the title update and won't till something like this is implemented. MR 0 players in public matches should be paired and joined by MR 0 to MR 3 for example. There should be brackets of master ranks. I'm Legendary Rank 2 and should be joined by MR30 to Legendary Rank 2 players in public. This game would flourish with a mechanic like this. No more horrible changes, only good ones. Balance and progression would coexist for once.

Considering I do not get a group at all outside of some nodes I do not think we have a player base active enough to implement segregation. 

Il y a 5 heures, FuriousRat32 a dit :

I'm gonna ask about this again since it seems like most players aren't aware of the atrocious prices prime resurgence has for the prime accessories.

Wukong prime accessories were 17.77€ in prime access.

Now they're around 35€.

Can this be addressed? Can we actually get an honest answer on this?

@[DE]Danielle

De & Tencent' beancounters have more than enough data to pinpoint the apex of the (buyer count)*(price) curve, and that is the only thing that matters.

this price is the most efficient, the one that will bring in the most money, unless it's an experiment if they really need data points on the high price side of the curve but i doubt it.

End of story.

Sucks to see the Styanax changes. Flying around is what made him feel fluid and unique. Now he's just another basic frame.

Atleast it made it easier to decide on where the shards will go, no need to take Styanax into account. Bummer having spent Umbra on him and picking up the voidshell. Oh well, you live and learn, though I should have learned this long long long ago when it comes to new frames. You always manage to kill fun shortly after release.

Archived