Echoes of Veilbreaker: Update 32.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Alias that is the exact same on PC and Xbox will now have a “#xxxx” number suffix next to their names to distinguish them from one another. 

• These suffixes will also show in your Profile in case you need to reference it for invites, etc. 

Not a fan of this at all, surely there's a better way. If this sticks (hopefully it won't), you may as well let PC players choose the same name as one another given we have random digits forced on us, seemingly regardless of whether there's an actual conflict or not.

Now I'm wondering if I wasted my time reserving a name for Soulframe :crylaugh:

• Like 6

The muzzle flash effect on the Kompressa is ultra bright and extremely eye straining now especially at high fire rates (Lethal Torrent + Amalgam Furax Body Count). I've had to set the energy color to black and turn the Effect Intensity in the options to 50 just to mitigate how bad it is after the patch. Before the patch this wasn't an issue, but now it is. The Kompressa is now practically seizure inducing.

• Like 4

I strongly dislike how each week we are faced with the choice of 15 stock, or the shard of the week from the store. I genuinely think this would have been fine if it was a daily challenge making me 15 stock a day, but 15 stock a week is sad, and given I still need 3 ephemeras and the new ship skin now, im set back 9 weeks for ephemeras and 8 weeks for the ship. It's not even grind anymore, it's just depressing.

Also no fixes for projectiles having no punch through on certain geometry (mostly transparent ones like glass panes and certain guard rails)?

Edited by Damocles
  • Like 3

Break Narmer potential bug: i just replayed the current Junk Run to try out the new boss fight but using the Ramparts to remove the Thumpers invincibility seems to spawn extra Kuva Ayanga on the floor directly next to the Rampart. you can pick them up but nothing changes but they get in the way when trying to quickly use a Rampart. i can play the mission again and get some footage, if needed! 

3 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

The muzzle flash effect on the Kompressa is ultra bright and extremely eye straining now especially at high fire rates (Lethal Torrent + Amalgam Furax Body Count). I've had to set the energy color to black and turn the Effect Intensity in the options to 50 just to mitigate how bad it is after the patch. Before the patch this wasn't an issue, but now it is. The Kompressa is now practically seizure inducing.

Welcome to my world! Or at least for the time frame of about a year when the Akarius explosion fx was bugged to not follow energy color as client for 6 months.

And ironically it was bugged even before that to not even show any explosion fx in which the "fix" caused it to become broken to be strobe inducing since you couldn't change the energy color as client from default.

Good that the 15 reimbursment came... but I still lost a lot of them because last week missions were such a pain I left for the last day... only to learn later that Khal + Archon Hunt resets AREN'T SYNCED with Sorties. Cool.

Oh, and now we have more stuff to work towards! Total cost: 90 for ephemeras, total 210 for adding the Bolkor.

105 per week, minus 90 for weekly shard (since I'm not going to rearange shards and feed the helminth ALL the TIME, so I'm buying all of them), means 15 extra per week.

Getting enough for the Archon mods was hard as it was (3 weeks necessary per mod), now there is a total extra of 14 weeks needed just for the new stuff. 370 counting the 8 mods I still didn't get (lost a week due to above). 25 weeks.

Twenty five...

I hope we're at least getting the option to Tauforge the shards we have. Because the other part of this Khal thing isn't going to be fun anymore (probably even with those fixes)

• Crate Smash - Kills Moas with a crate in the Veil Factory. 

•  

If that is what the crate is for then what is the intended method to get up onto the upper platform for collectibles??? Cause I cannot seem to find out what the intended route is. 

Added a secondary objective text that hints at the Ramparts when the Narmer Thumper becomes invulnerable. 

•  

That would explain why those turrets are there in the thumper boss room. I was wondering why it was so big and stuff. Downside is now that there will be even more slow-walk required to completely Kahl's mission :(

1 час назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Alias that is the exact same on PC and Xbox will now have a “#xxxx” number suffix next to their names to distinguish them from one another. 

• These suffixes will also show in your Profile in case you need to reference it for invites, etc. 

Delete this please

• Like 6

14 минут назад, Uta_Redhead сказал:

Shard Bane ephemera's shards are almost invisible on Chroma. It may have the same issue on other bulky frames I guess.

That's how it looks actually:

20221102195643_1.jpg

I have full 5-shard build on this frame and was so excited about the dragon-like look with glowing spikes on the back!.. 😥

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

I don't recall any promise or mention of allowing us to scale them.

Just to mention it off hand, they mentioned it during Devstream 164 when they introduced the concept of the "Shard Ephemera" 

They said that scaling, possibly sliding the shards themselves individually on your back, but clarified that they would not be affected by recoloring them at all. 

So, as we can all see, we wont be able to as of now and probably the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Halo

18 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

"Fixed Kompressa’s additional bubbles (after the first 4) not exploding with radial damage as intended when modded with Multishot."

yareli changes when tho 

Lua's Prey update in December, 

Both Grendel and Yareli are both being reworked upon that update.

• Like 1

So I defeated Sprag (doesn't seem to give any reward), and now I'm stuck, because the gate to her arena locked again, and I can't open it from this side.

ZeXRRuz.jpg

I collected the Ayanga first, then went back to fight her.

One of the mines in her fight also didn't work, I used the other one to disable her drones.

Edit: managed to get stuck in the terrain next to the door, then used /unstuck, and it put me on the other side.

Edited by --N--
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed the Azima’s Alt-Fire disc maximum duration to 30 seconds.

• In Update 32, we set this to 11 seconds as a reaction to players using the Azima with a very specific Mod configuration which resulted in a math bug and the disc unintentionally lasting over 5 minutes. That kind of AFK strategy is not what we want to encourage in Warframe. After further review and reading feedback, we agreed with the feedback that 11 seconds is too short and cuts into what you could achieve with legitimate Modding. With the new duration of 30 seconds we hope to strike a compromise between having your Mods and Abilities matter, without returning to an entirely AFK gameplay strategy.

•  

OK! at least something! gonna test it now!!

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Equinox’s other half from her Duality Augment Mod using the player’s Archgun instead of their Primary/Secondary/Melee weapon from their loadout. 

• This falls in line with other AI fighters like Excalibur Umbra and Wukong’s clone - they only use your loadout weapons and not spawn in weapons. 

I love DE so much, but why would they do this? Who was asking for this? They've taken so much away from Equinox because of Wukong that I don't understand why they felt the need to take this too.

The other AI Fighters are different enough from Equinox that this kind of nerf without anything to balance it out hurts so badly. They have no time limit, they can actually use a melee weapon effectively. All the clones, they all served different purposes. Wukongs is a crutch, Umbra's is thematically cool, and Equinox's used to be, in a pinch, a considerable extra source for damage. Her clone never casted abilities like the other two, it didn't follow you on your heels, it was always effectively just another gun, one you had to tactically deploy. A turret with a 10 second life. And now it's one gun less.

I mean if I'm whipping out an archgun it's because I didn't bring an AOE weapon, I'm getting overrun, and I need all the firepower I can get. The clone doubled that. It was my pseudo-exalted weapon. Who was abusing it, how were they abusing it on a clone that has a time limit?

I mean before this update, if you weren't host, pulling out an archgun made your entire ammo pool disappear, meaning you effectively had 2 clips with which to kill your enemies, yours and your clones, before having to put the gun away. Fully modded thats only like 20 seconds of oppressive damage (half of which an AI is aiming and missing with). WHO WAS ABUSING THIS AND HOW?

Like please DE, have the clone start using its abilities, have it do more than be a turret, give it a longer duration, please DE, don't just nerf my goddess like this, give her something in return.

I'm begging

• Like 7