Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What area of game development do you think DE excels at the most?

(PSN)drollive96

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:
3 hours ago, quxier said:

We have good (ok) stories and rushed. What is Zariman quest. It's so rushed that I cannot feel it completly. I enjoy those little voice datas scattered more than the quest.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

Then you are playing different game from me.

Do you really feel it's necessary to come to a wholesome thread where OP is asking people for their personal opinion about good things in warframe and derail it by contradicting people? There is nothing you can do to change my opinion, because it is my personal subjetive opinion.

Well, it's forum and general discussion board.

2 hours ago, Cerikus said:

How about you contribute to this nice thread and answer OPs question? :)

You have to read my post to see it. ;)

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Well, it's forum and general discussion board.

You have to read my post to see it. ;)

You can obviously do whatever you want, but I was just curious why you feel it's necessary.
I did read your whole post. I see I worded my question poorly. Sorry about that. I know you said positive things.
I was simply trying to point out that it would be better to just answer OPs question without posting a wall of text contradicting almost everything possitive being said. 

I WOULD agree with the whole storytelling bit, but the story starts to drop pretty hard after the war within. Outside of The Sacrifice, arguably the best mission in the game in terms of story, most of the later half of the game ends up being filled with plot holes and events that are forced instead of progressed naturally. Hell, the New War was fun, and I enjoyed it, but I could also tell that it was made by the seat of the writing team's pants. It wasn't worth going through all those years of artificial hype.

Admittedly, it's not the worst writing I've seen, but it definitely needs polish in the places that need it.

I think art, although I wish enemies were easier to see, and I think the art department should put brightly coloured floral hats on each one please.

What kind of game do I think they should make?

I think they should make Warframe but with more kindness and friendship.

So basically I want Warframe but Animal Crossing please.

10 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Mars is probably the oldest tileset right now after Corpus Ship received a rework. DE really needs to rework that tileset. Its the same since its launch in 2014. Even Grineer Asteroid base received a small rework some years ago.

Exactly.

It's bits and pieces that are good or bad either due to age or just design limits.

There are very few things across the board that are in an ideal situation.

IMO there's 3 things they are best at:

Story: the story quests have a wonderful narrative and do a great job of letting you know what's going on, but not giving all the game away, leaving you with opportunities to explore things deeper on your own terms. unfortunately I couldn't help but feel that New War was rushed, particularly in the final act, and I wanted to spend more time lioberating the system from Narmer and fighting the Sentients. they've also demonstrated they can tell different types of stories with different tones: Chains of Harrow and Octavia's Anthem have completely different tones, but both were told in an excellent and polished way.

music: warframe showed me just how important a good soundtrack is and what kind of impact it has on everything else. This is What You Are, We All Lift Together, Sleeping in The Cold Below and For Narmer are all absolute bangers. even before the quests, I quite liked some of the ambient tileset music, particularly Ghosts of Void. Keith Power is a certified Genius and you cannot tell me otherwise.

combat: while the game's balancing is certainly questionable in some areas, the combat in warframe is what has ultimately kept me with warframe in it's hardest times: it just feels so good to destroy so many hordes of enemies and with such a wonderful variety of weapons and abilities too. here's hoping Soulframe follows suit. 

On 2022-11-13 at 4:39 AM, (PSN)drollive96 said:

Personally, I think DE is the best at telling storytelling, while they may lack the ability to balance RPG mechanics in games, i firmly believe that DE has a ridiculous amount of untapped potential in this area, and that if they focused on that, they could make one of the best stories ever told that people would pay $60 for. The cinematic quests in waframe, short as they may be ,are absolutely amazing . Even dark sector with its lackluster gamplay  made up for it with its fascinating story, What type of game do you think should make?

I think they are great all around. I mean, this is a game that has captivated players for years and has created one of the most versatile games ever made. The graphics, sound, control, mechanics, lore, storytelling, mystery, puzzles, boss fights, stages, progression method, f2p system, extensive rewards system, depth, co tent updates, growth, dev friendliness and active involvement are all exceptionally great. For context, I've been a gamer for over 35 years and NO company has even come close to a product like this, IMO. 

what they have always been good at since the days they worked on unreal tournament
a fun shooter experience that feels very much like the unreal type of shooters where a lot of movement is involved

the core game play loop has always been having fun weapons to use paired with good movement to destroy hordes of enemies. they excelled at this in unreal games and in turn it it still shows in warframe.

storytelling was NEVER their strong suit. only in recent years have they added lore to warframe. in 2014 lore was essentially non existent

I don't know the terminology for it, on the production side, but animation clipping.

It wasn't until they released necramechs, I realized how much I really enjoy it.

Like if you on that corpus map with them elevators going way down, launch a slam attack to blast towards the buttom, then cancel the slam animation by rolling out.

If you time it just right, you can do the slam damage with no animation and no stop.

Control jump height by clicking aim in mid-animation, to cancel the jump, especially useful for me since I run with the 40% jump height mod, or what it is.

For the reason it's all about manual ability, player agency, the game will run at the speed I can give it and there is a whole layer of sub movement, once you get into animation skipping.

I played through Orphix Venom making an effort of learning to cancel everything, rather than playing the event, and there still wasn't enough time to master it. There are too many moves, that are complex and can be chained.

I guess that's how I survived the grind, I am playing a whole other game working my own objective.

One glitch I found, between overlapping animations, is locking the necramech boost slide particle glow, so it stays on, even while jogging. Made me feel real special, lol, since no one knew what I was even talking about and it wasn't the first game I had done it in either. Hand me the keys and I will take it to the bridge.

See people talking about necramech being clunky, I just laugh, first year of driving?

Then I also have to give it up for all the fun ways you can kill NPCs, slice them to pieces, blow them up etc. The game would feel so dead, if you couldn't ragdoll, freeze and all that.

If it was just a NPC with a healthbar going down, yikes.

Lore, loot, notepad stats, visual style, cosmetics and all that, is all meaningless to me. It's all about being allowed by the game, to be Larry Bird in combat, land some clutch miracle shot from downtown, manually.

Though I wouldn't have fun for long if the game wasn't also casual, thanks to the developers not installing vote kick and so on, keeping the maps easy enough no one starts crying or complaining about failing.

13 hours ago, latetier said:

what they have always been good at since the days they worked on unreal tournament
a fun shooter experience that feels very much like the unreal type of shooters where a lot of movement is involved

the core game play loop has always been having fun weapons to use paired with good movement to destroy hordes of enemies. they excelled at this in unreal games and in turn it it still shows in warframe.

storytelling was NEVER their strong suit. only in recent years have they added lore to warframe. in 2014 lore was essentially non existent

To be fair, 2014 was almost 9 years ago and was the infant stage of the game. I would argue, based on that, that storytelling IS their strong suit. 

11 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Like if you on that corpus map with them elevators going way down, launch a slam attack to blast towards the buttom, then cancel the slam animation by rolling out.

If you time it just right, you can do the slam damage with no animation and no stop.

i slide out of a slam, i feel like it gives a fraction of a second more control. But i love that we have these options. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

To be fair, 2014 was almost 9 years ago and was the infant stage of the game. I would argue, based on that, that storytelling IS their strong suit. 

your arguement is that over 9+ years they have made this little amount of story? well ok 😂

On 2022-11-13 at 3:53 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I would have to put multiple things on a scale , cause i have observed they can be both great and terrible at the same things at different times.

The visual and ambience of the zariman for example is lovely , 

But the same cannot be said about something like mars tilesets ,

I like Zariman but Mars is nice too. What's wrong with that tileset?

Archived