Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

after doing a Survival with a PC host, wow.

The_Royal_Elf_Mika

wow does Switch survivals feel painful, even with PC people joining, if the Host is/was a Switch host, the enemy count feels soooo low which makes survivals boring and a huge pain. i now realize why i never liked survivals unless it was a infested survival.

having like 5-10 enemies spawn at a time just feels sooo bad.

i hope cross-save happens in the next few months because id be very happy to move to PC lol.

(doing Lua Conjunction Survivals)

i have to say that atm, Switch has the "hardest" survival due to barely any enemies spawning.

ty for reading my thoughts on switch survival enemy density (which there is none, lol).

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Yes, console spawns are atrocious. You can really feel the difference when you get a PC host.

It would be nice if console spawns (at least the latest gen of Xbox/PlayStation) where brought to parity with PC spawns

that would definitely help. so its 1/4 potential host having poor spawns and not 3/4 (ofc not exact but you get what i mean)

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I hope they prioritize pc host then. If not, I hope we can get a choice

id love it if i could have that as a option, ill take worse performance for more enemy spawns. because even at PC levels, my switch was running mostly fine.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

wow does Switch survivals feel painful, even with PC people joining, if the Host is/was a Switch host, the enemy count feels soooo low which makes survivals boring and a huge pain. i now realize why i never liked survivals unless it was a infested survival.

i hope cross-save happens in the next few months because id be very happy to move to PC lol.

(doing Lua Conjunction Survivals)

i have to say that atm, Switch has the "hardest" survival due to barely any enemies spawning.

ty for reading my thoughts on switch survival enemy density (which there is none, lol).

Try doing the Steel Path version, it's great for spawning lots of enemies.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Try doing the Steel Path version, it's great for spawning lots of enemies.

DE nerfed SP console spawns as well.  think of it this way - we get 1/2 the enemies when alone, and on SP we get 4x(1/2 the enemies)  - so sure its better than no squad, but still no hordes in a horde shooter.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

id love it if i could have that as a option, ill take worse performance for more enemy spawns. because even at PC levels, my switch was running mostly fine.

it was running fine with PC levels and a PC host - if the switch hosted PC level spawns, it'd fall over.

Even on PC I wish spawns were double what they are, at least.

I may have some other complaints about cross-play but the one that really makes me want to disable it is for sure the spawns, it's such a pain. I had some eso run with a console host where my Lavos build wasn't even functional because there were never 4 enemies to hit with Swift Bite.

3 hours ago, SiriSnugglebottoms said:

Even on PC I wish spawns were double what they are, at least.

They are fine if not solo. You get all sorts of punishements for running solo, "too few spawns on survival" is just one of them.
Also the line has to be drawn somewhere. On the top end many can handle more, but that is just the luxury of being established and having strong loadouts.

8 minutes ago, Morteno said:

They are fine if not solo. You get all sorts of punishements for running solo, "too few spawns on survival" is just one of them.
Also the line has to be drawn somewhere. On the top end many can handle more, but that is just the luxury of being established and having strong loadouts.

Hard disagree on both counts. Spawns are mostly fine on SP but outside that they are sad even in 4p groups a lot of the time.

15 minutes ago, Morteno said:

I feel the problem could be solved with a "Virtual Player Count" option for solo and pre-made groups, where you can choose to set the game to spawn enemies as if 2, 3 or 4 players were present even if you're on your own.

On a semi-related note, I'd like to be able to ramp up enemy levels to a preferred amount when solo, since I find the vast majority of the star chart too easy but dislike Steel Path's durability modifiers.

12 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

I agree, and made a post about it here.

Edit: Just did the Kuva exterminate incursion with a console host.  Very low enemy density.  I moved at my normal pace and hit the extraction tile at 70 out of 115 enemies.  Not a good look.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

DE nerfed SP console spawns as well.  think of it this way - we get 1/2 the enemies when alone, and on SP we get 4x(1/2 the enemies)  - so sure its better than no squad, but still no hordes in a horde shooter.

it was running fine with PC levels and a PC host - if the switch hosted PC level spawns, it'd fall over.

Oh ok forgot DE does that with consoles, seeing I'm a hardcore PC only player.

14 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

i may try that, just the only painful thing is that id have to do a excavation to get to lua.

but good idea, thank you.

Extraction would be fine if you have Zephyr, I use her for Extractions and Mobile Defence/Defence, mine has Turbulence (Wind shield) at 190% Range and that covers an area of 11.4m so you just need a big gun and your operator to pick up the air while your frame covers the drill, you zip out then zip back with the air, just do one drill at a time no drama.

You only need to watch out for grenades and enemies that run in to melee you, other than that it's very funny to watch all the projectiles bounce off your shield, especially Corpus with their gun lasers, it's not until you see a continuous laser being deflected that you realise how big an area Turbulence can cover with those meager settings, in some pubs I've played I've seen players getting hammered then after a little while they realise they aren't being shot when they stand near me.  :wink: [Edit: Forgot to mention I also use Tornados to distract and CC most of the enemies, once you remove overguard/Eximus they are manageable as well, I just shoot them in the face and up they go into the Tornado, with the tune playing you spin me round right round... not really]

13 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Players in survivals splitting the spawns is also a pain

When I did do it with friends, which is not a thing anymore as they don't play WF stopped playing a few years back, I'd tell them to stay where we are to not break the Ai pathing and spawn areas.

I did a few Exterminates with a PC host and man is it night and day for what I was used to. As a PS5 user, I would most definitely prefer to set wanting a PC Host at all times. SP would be so much more fun, and it explains why some YT videos looked odd and had me questions, "How long did you just sit there letting enemies stack up to those numbers to show case the Knell Prime?" Nah, wasn't the case, they just spawned in a metric ton of bodies for fodder compared to what I know. 

I knew spawn rates were nerfed at some point on console but never realized it was this badly nerfed until crossplay came because I became desensitized to it. 

Am 5.12.2022 um 13:52 schrieb (NSW)Vampire_Mika:

probably because of performance? in our country only very rich people have psn. the whole family has been saving for xbox for a very long time.

and swtich is top console. maybe it's different. I only know it from videos. and it is VERY VERY cool!
but there was probably not set to maximum graphic.

and!! it's also about loot, isn't it? that means you are extremely disadvantaged by the drops with mats??? or does it drop much more from the opponent?

9 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

probably because of performance? in our country only very rich people have psn. the whole family has been saving for xbox for a very long time.

and swtich is top console. maybe it's different. I only know it from videos. and it is VERY VERY cool!
but there was probably not set to maximum graphic.

and!! it's also about loot, isn't it? that means you are extremely disadvantaged by the drops with mats??? or does it drop much more from the opponent?

To my knowledge, drop rates are not increased for us console players compared to PC for having lowered Enemy Spawns. That was one of the bigger stinks when it was put in place years ago. As for the Switch, popular, sure, but it is in-between a PS3/Xbox 360 and a PS4/XBox One in terms of power. Better than the former, weaker than the latter, and even PS4/XBox One needed numbers dropped because the game was crashing hard when too many enemies spawned on the field. 

6 hours ago, slava.ukraine said:

yes - have complained about this for years - loot, reactant - anything bodies drop sucks when there are no bodies to drop. on console on a survival for example, even with a full squad sticking together its not uncommon on a survival to still not get enough reactant or crack it open with seconds to spare.  on PC spawns its almost guaranteed in less than a minute.

farming things like Condition overload, soveriegn outcast or any other rare new mod before DE sprinkles them over the drop tables a year or 5 after release sucked.

Another reason to leave crossplay turned off.

It does make me wonder though if DE is going to add in some basic matchmaking options to prevent getting console hosts. Or if they'll eventually equalize spawning between them and drop support for the console generations that can't handle it.

10 hours ago, trst said:

It does make me wonder though if DE is going to add in some basic matchmaking options to prevent getting console hosts. Or if they'll eventually equalize spawning between them and drop support for the console generations that can't handle it.

Whats more likely is that they lower spawn rates to switch levels for everyone and call it a day. Especially since they are also working on the mobile version of the game. 

I do however hope they leave the spawn rates as they are, increasing them to PC levels on the current end consoles if they can handle it. Then let people choose to only join high end hosts to not only avoid mobile hosts (And their likely flakey connections) but also the crappy spawn rates that come with the weaker platforms.

Archived