Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's next after duviri paradox?

mega_lova_nia

I feel like Duviri is the most they can do for this game when it comes to replayable content. We've been waiting for this sort of content in Warframe for years and it seems like the community is loving the addition. Finally everyone has something to play with for a longer period of time that won't go to waste, something novel that new players can enjoy and something that tests the skills of veterans. I wonder, what's next for Warframe, other than QoLs and overhauls?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

I feel like Duviri is the most they can do for this game when it comes to replayable content. [...] Finally everyone has something to play with for a longer period of time that won't go to waste

Not to poop on your parade, but don't confuse new content with "evergreen" content. As soon as we run out of Incarnons, it'll be like every other expansion before it... seldom played by vets. 

Don't get me wrong, I think they did a surprisingly good job with Duviri. But much like Fortuna with the kitguns/operator gear, Deimos with infested pets/mechs, Zariman with Incarnons/arcaners, etc... Once you grind them all, you're done. (Duviri even has the same bounty structure.)

You can make a case for the (potential) rivens from the Curcuit/Acrithis, but that's only once a week. No, IMO you need evergreen rewards and some degree of unfettered access for an expansion to be truly replayable. But DE could easily take the bones of Duviri, and its rougelike design, and easily make a mode/raid that is truly evergreen.

• Like 2

Well we know that whatever comes in Echos of Duviri will bring a new warframe..  hopefully it also brings a more open free-roam version of duviri.  A reverse of the Lone Story mode..  where you can just farm the resources but not have ot worry about Orowyrm.

Beyond that i'd like to see some of the stuff metioned years ago finally brought to light.  Modular Archwing being the main one..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mazifet said:

During the Reddit AMA they said they have the next 5 years worth of story / content roughly planned out so it's safe to say we wont be running out of new content any time soon.

That's a relief. I haven't seen that topic unfortunately or at least not all of them.

Although I'm longing for nostalgia. The first quest "Second Dream" was revealing.

1 hour ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Maybe the sentient system will be revealed sometime soon. A new system like the origin system but with sentient planets and their homeworld which we have to cleanse. The tau system.

PLEASE. my arsenal is ready to commit war crimes on the Sentients and finally bring the New War to them. 

ultimately, I'd like them to start focusing on reworking old content so that it feels refreshing and new rather than jumping from one thing to another in the blink of an eye as they usually do: the longer they leave it, the harder it will be for them to do this, and they will likely have to at some point, so may as well do it now, right?

I hope their 5 year plan includes fleshing out current content, so we get more Duviri, Railjack, Liches (infested), Mech content ,more things to the other open worlds and so on along with new takes on old game modes, like more intricate versions of defense, more similar to Armageddon than Mirror Defense if you get my point.

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

PLEASE. my arsenal is ready to commit war crimes on the Sentients and finally bring the New War to them. 

ultimately, I'd like them to start focusing on reworking old content so that it feels refreshing and new rather than jumping from one thing to another in the blink of an eye as they usually do: the longer they leave it, the harder it will be for them to do this, and they will likely have to at some point, so may as well do it now, right?

The problem with that is that it breaks the new player progression. Understand that the original starchart is well balanced and well desgned for new players. Refreshing it for you will break it for them.

So what we really need is to spiral the starchart to a new level, recreate the original progression and balance for veteran players. I keep suggesting it, but the new war was the opportunity to do this - add a red startchart of war, Ballas and his new (old) grineer and narmer units in the inner system, Natah and sentients and amalgams in the outer planets with the remnants of Corpus, grineer and Entrati around Mars/Phobos/Ceres. Then you get to blast away and play the refreshed, but still recognisable content with new enemies that have totally different aspects to combat and balance so your OP bramma is no longer OP. Welcome to new Warframe, old players.

11 hours ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Maybe the sentient system will be revealed sometime soon. A new system like the origin system but with sentient planets and their homeworld which we have to cleanse. The tau system.

I can't wait for us to find out that most of the sentients were actually pretty chill and we just destroyed their home for no reason...

39 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

You are delusional.

Not one bit. You can spam The Duviri Experience and breeze through it (without doing any side objectives, though I would still suggest doing a few for decrees) very quickly. Same goes for Lone Story mode. Pathos Clamps aren't hard to get. Period. Part of me feels you are expecting instant gratification. It takes a little time and effort, and it doesn't require much of either of those things.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 2

This whole game has always been in testing as you know. It’s a live feedback current build game. Players are basically testing this service to see what works and what doesn’t, what’s fun and what’s not. It’s up to DE to take back what they have collected from us to the drawing board and refine it into a proven model that works for itself, which they have. Think about the lack of content we truly have because we perceive all the missions to be content, when they’re just similar function repeatable tileset missions (by majority) we run end on end. DE pumps us in new weapons and frames from time to time to see how we are either challenged by those modifiers or how they make our gameplay easier. Once a year or so they’ll supply us with a break up of content to keep from the monotony of the daily grind and then to par the course and revert players back to their normal course. Rinse and repeat. Grow game grow. It’s been this way for years. DE attempts something new and if it’s not overwhelmingly taken as a positive change it’s left to collect dust, only to try the next new idea and throw spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks. This model has been widely successful for them for 10 yrs along with how other games run, it’s just we have more of a personal touch when it comes to Dev/player interaction which is far greater than most developers, but it’s definitely gone down in the last few years because of the increasingly negative feedback that I’m sure  for their mental health are staying away from most interactions and for making  promises they can’t or won’t deliver on.

Is this the best they can do? I’m certain it’s not, but it right now appears as though they’re working beyond the growing pains of new leadership and tryin to branch out and see what they can make the game into going forward. 

Warframe has been a heck of a ride for me, it’s just a shame for me personally to step aside to varying opinions and I’ve been playing it for so long I’m pretty much retired from it. The game has to grow and branch out to survive its own model that peaked years ago (2015-2017). There’s plenty of “repeatable content”, but it’s been so overplayed that most “new” items just really don’t bring much to the table imho. But to new players I say enjoy it, just don’t expect it to be what it’s not because you’re not the one making the creative decisions. If you let it get you worked up you might as well move on, because you’ll waste so much time playing a game hoping it will become something else. Duviri May seem like this is the peak of content from DE, but with endless ideas and now their “endless” story, who knows what’s next. 

I distanced myself from the game for a big while. I'll probably will not come back. It's just not my type of game anymore. I simply play to see what's new. I don't invest time in it. 

I think this game walked the last legs. The format will remain the same for rest of it's life. 

I'm into other games right now when I have time. 

Island content for the new content island. The Lost Islands of Duviri return from the Void and rejoin the Kingdom.

Beyond that... no real clue. Storywise we'll try to find where Natah and the Operator gone to, and how the Drifter went into The New War.

Maybe we'll see more concept art in the next Devstream or two, and a grand reveal at TennoCon on the new narrative.

50 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I think this game walked the last legs. The format will remain the same for rest of it's life. 

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

This whole game has always been in testing as you know. It’s a live feedback current build game. Players are basically testing this service to see what works and what doesn’t, what’s fun and what’s not. It’s up to DE to take back what they have collected from us to the drawing board and refine it into a proven model that works for itself, which they have. 

All of this ^

I can bet you this entire game was just a live feedback current build for Soulframe. WF didn't work as they wanted, so they moved on.