Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Seven Crimes of Kullervo: Upcoming Fixes & Changes

[DE]Megan

18 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Specters. According to many, and even DE, Specters are the reason this happens. So just stop using Specters in Duviri and Undercroft. You know those places where you can't use Specters? Because Specters are the reason. 🙄

I don't think Spectres are the reason, however I understand why people bring up Spectres, in regards to this bug. Like if I had to speculate, with acknowledged little relative experience or knowledge with video gaming coding and the background spaghetti of Warframe, I'd hazard to say its more an issue with "entities" interacting with each other. So for example, that could be Warframes and Spectres, yes. Could also mean Warframes and Drifters/Operators, Warframes and On Call Crew, Warframes that have abilities that create close enough approximations to any of the prior, like say Wukong. Could even be Warframes and K-Drives. 

The reason why Spectres can be interesting, is because it can be easy to replicate this bug, and temporarily "fix" it. So maybe to some that provides insight to the larger problem. Like some say this is an old bug, and it might be, for myself personally it started happening a lot more in the past year. Well, one change within that time span, was the changes to certain powers and interactions. Changes like Wukong Clone and Spectres etc requiring ammo for their weapons and being able to pick up ammo, but also changes like Operators/Drifters sharing their energy pools with Warframes (instead of taking them exclusively for themselves), so could be any one of these changes or a combination of them that is creating issues. 

In the Undercroft, a Warframe and Drifter/Operator is still an interaction that may cause the issue, hence... That being said, there is likely other stuff going on, for example, if you summon a Spectre elsewhere, the bug can temporary be fixed. There may be other makeshift causes and temp solutions around pick ups, who/what is picking up what, reloading, shared ammo/energy and so on. 

Either way, its a super annoying bug that should be something addressed and solved, "just don't use the thing" isn't a good solution to an error, as I am sure most people would agree. 

"Joining missions with a full set of Stalker weapons and the Dread Incarnon evolution “Coup de Grace” crashes the game (workaround in the meantime: use a different weapon or a different evolution)."

Hmm, so it was a ruse all along? Stalker sabotaging his weapons to somehow get one over on the Tenno? Devious! Especially the bit with Coup De Grace. Talk about hiding in plain sight. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Either way, its a super annoying bug that should be something addressed and solved, "just don't use the thing" isn't a good solution to an error, as I am sure most people would agree. 

My "just stop using" was more tongue-in-cheek than any solution. For well over a year I have insisted the cause of this bug is not Specters -- I barely use the things yet routinely experience the ammo stick -- and it's fallen mostly on deaf ears.

So now that it's happening to players in an area where they absolutely cannot use Specters or even their gear wheel maybe DE and others will stop pushing it as a "because Specters" problem, consider other possibilities -- such as what you mentioned -- and hopefully finally fix it. In the meantime: click click-click click-clickety click-click-click...

Edited by (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn
Sledgehammer to the text wall.
  • Like 4

• Tapping Aim while in the middle of a melee swing causes your weapon to get stuck in Aim mode until you tap it again.

this is major pain ^ i was hoping this would be fixed sooner as it breaks alot of combo strings with baruuk and is very annoying to try and play around 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

My "just stop using" was more tongue-in-cheek than any solution. For well over a year I have insisted the cause of this bug is not Specters -- I barely use the things yet routinely experience the ammo stick -- and it's fallen mostly on deaf ears.

So now that it's happening to players in an area where they absolutely cannot use Specters or even their gear wheel maybe DE and others will stop pushing it as a "because Specters" problem, consider other possibilities -- such as what you mentioned -- and hopefully finally fix it. In the meantime: click click-click click-clickety click-click-click...

Sure... and I agree that Spectres aren't the sole and only cause, but what I can also say, is that I can replicate this bug consistently with Spectres. I can go do that now. I do definitely know it can happen elsewhere, where its impossible to use Spectres, but a lot of the games tech reuses assets. 

I am not aware of DE insisting it must only be Spectres for example, but they likely are interlinked or a variable in the equation. Its a bit like how there are Incarnon issues at the moment. A few different issues, some involve Galvanised Status Mods, but not all of them. Someone could say "Well I don't use Galvanised Mods" and sure... but this is Warframe, the bugs can overlap and intermingle in different ways. 

Some users may be oversimplifying or mistaking the problem if they only think its Spectres though, I definitely agree with you on that, and yeah we both definitely agree on wanting it fixed finally. Its super annoying and on some mission types prevents progress, like not being able to pick up Cells, Keys etc super frustrating. 

Oh jeez, even your text imitation of the sound effect it causes is giving me mild stress lol. 

Thanks for the heads up, Megan.

I hope there are more fixes for incarnon evolutions coming too like Prelude of Might being always active on Braton and never active on Furis. Some clarification on how this evolution is supposed to work would be nice too. There seem to be many more evolution perks on other incarnon weapons too that either do not work at all or are not working as described.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno! 

While we’ve briefly paused on Hotfixing until we release Update 33.5 The Seven Crimes of Kullervo, we wanted to note a handful of documented issues that will be fixed when the Update launches. These are in-game fixes that require code, which means it requires a Cert Update to deploy these changes. If you’re not sure what sending to Cert means, we’ve posted a “Warframe Lexicon for Updates” to help explain our processes.

Known issues that are fixed for The Seven Crimes of Kullervo: 

(this list is by no means exhaustive)

• Rune Marrow not being affected by Boosters in the Undercroft.

• The Killer’s Confidence Decree slows Warframes for the remainder of the mission after using abilities with large areas of effect (Commonly seen in the Undercroft and Orowyrm arena). 

• Sevagoth’s Shadow does not benefit from Decrees. 

• Joining missions with a full set of Stalker weapons and the Dread Incarnon evolution “Coup de Grace” crashes the game (workaround in the meantime: use a different weapon or a different evolution).

• Tapping Aim while in the middle of a melee swing causes your weapon to get stuck in Aim mode until you tap it again.

• Ranger's Reload” Decree breaks Hema functionality.

• The Evolution 5 challenge "Complete a mission with an Incarnon weapon in every slot" doesn’t unlock if Incarnon Genesis weapons are used. 

• Host migration after abandoning a Railjack mission causes Client to be stuck loading.

• Copying existing Decorations does not keep scaling or orientation.

• Unable to search for weapons with Incarnon Adapters installed in Arsenal.

• *Interception rewards skipping rounds.

• *Acrithis vendor and Komi boards becoming blurry if Depth of Field is enabled.

More fixes are actively being investigated - the above is a reflection of issues that been verified in Update 33.5.

Under Review for the Update:

• The Hate’s Incarnon Form causing self-stagger. 

• The Soma’s Incarnon Form damage output and interaction with the Hata Satya Augment Mod. 

Upcoming “Quality of Life” (QOL)  Changes:

As mentioned in Devstream 171, we have an ongoing list of QOL changes based on Community feedback (this list is by no means exhaustive):

• Ability to preview  Teshin’s Cave offerings in the Star Chart before entering Duviri.

• Tied to specific Drifter Intrinsics.

0f00dba9202b28ee4c22db12afaace20.jpg

(In development image for reference)

• Static Undercroft Portals in Duviri as optional side-objectives.

• Steel Path Circuit Arcanes will also be available here.

• Full Key Binding customization for the Drifter in “Control” settings.

• Players can now skip the Reward pop-up in the Circuit after unlocking multiple tiers at once.

• Reduced Maw Feeding difficulty by increasing the time allotted to feed.

Thank you all for your feedback and bug reports! If you have any more bug reports or feedback to share, you can continue to do so  in our dedicated Duviri subforum

There’s lots more to come in Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo, such as Kullervo himself!

do these investigations include Yareli's many bugs inside and outside duviri?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Full Key Binding customization for the Drifter in “Control” settings.

Hope this will be implemented fairly soon. It's been a whole month since I cannot use heavy melee attacks anymore as a Drifter in Duviri (keeps on happening since the very first Duviri Paradox hotfix). 😔

So no uninstalling genesis adapters yet? I just wanna fix the burston I was scammed on, I picked the prime Version and it upgraded the basic one instead, now I am stuck with a gun I can't use in duviri because the bloody system chooses the prime always over the regular...

Edited by TheGodofCruelty

Considering that resource boosters are timed, the timers do not stop just because you aren't playing, and they are purchased with a real money currency, what are your plans for compensating players for the loss of functionality on these boosters for this whole time?  Because if you think it's acceptable to just waste a time-limited, plat paid booster because "Oops, we couldn't figure it out."  you're wrong.  People that have had boosters on have actively missed out on resources they technically paid to acquire, but you did not provide.

• Like 8

On 2023-06-01 at 10:08 PM, Ambrosia_Rev said:

Pet texture fixes too please, its been too long.

And there's more !
Cut off feet on Moonless Kavat
Cut off tails on Predasite
Neck sticking into the head / head too far down on MOA
No patterns visible anymore and  no color in the palette looks the same on fur for Kubrows
And basically the same with Operator hair (ie 023). Ugly looking, greasy gloss treatment, with a non existent color accuracy.
Yes, they got the same "hair improvement" a year back as the Kubrows did.
And yes, for this easy fixable thing it has been way too long.

• Like 4

Seeing as you're looking at the self-stagger on the Hate incarnon, just to mention that the Ack and Brunt incarnon has the same issue - when I'm using melee I'm constantly using slide and jump-slam to reposition and I'm ending up self-staggered to the point of the incarnon 'ult-mode' being a downgrade... Please fix this one too!

Also a few Kaithe QoL suggestions:

1) The ability to customise the Kaithe somewhere other than Teshin's cave - in the arsenal vehicles tab perhaps?

2) The same three customisation tabs as we have on every other item (Kaithe currently has only one). :D

• Like 1

On 2023-06-01 at 3:10 PM, Nomnivore1 said:

Any word on the incarnon zylok form AoE being blocked by enemy corpses?

On 2023-06-01 at 5:43 PM, XaoGarrent said:

CTRL+F

"Zylok"

No results found.

On 2023-06-01 at 5:48 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Please look into the zylok as well, the AoE component is very bugged. 

Y'all need to pay attention... It's already been mentioned in the list of fixes for that update. 🙄

On 2023-06-01 at 3:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Zylok Incarnon projectile considering enemy bodies as "cover"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

Y'all need to pay attention... It's already been mentioned in the list of fixes for that update.

Also, in addition to the last post, I'd like to add that the Zylok has other issues. Notably that it doesn't seem to be applying (multishot?) mods properly on the radial part of the incarnon form.

On 2023-06-01 at 9:11 PM, Aturixios said:

Great news about knowing about the Rune Marrow in Undercroft not being affected by Boosters, but now that the update has been out for over a month now, can there be any compensation for players who had a booster active?

ESPECIALLY during the Booster weekend where you acknowledged nothing about the issue and just let people waste their money and/or plat.

This would be a great thing to do, since many people likely bought boosters for the weekend to make up for having to work during the week or just for the double resource weekend then got screwed over. As well as people who just had boosters going in general and because they played the circuit, got no benefit at all.

On 2023-06-03 at 6:52 PM, VladYvhv said:

Y'all need to pay attention... It's already been mentioned in the list of fixes for that update. 🙄

The first post is getting edited as people make too much noise about particular issues. It wasn't there initially. If you look at the initial post you can see an edit was last made Friday at 05:32 PM by [DE]Momaw and every one of your quotes was from Thursday.

• Like 4

On 2023-06-01 at 10:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The Killer’s Confidence Decree slows Warframes for the remainder of the mission after using abilities with large areas of effect (Commonly seen in the Undercroft and Orowyrm arena). 

That's not the only one though.

Being near a ragdolling effect (like Zephyr's Air Burst or Tornado) if you have unlocked Critical Frost or Sweeping Blow also slows me down. Furthermore, being near the ragdolling effect and getting a critical hit on an enemy in the ragdoll with Critical Frost seems to also slow you down indefinitely (resets on death, at least)

On 2023-06-01 at 10:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Rune Marrow not being affected by Boosters in the Undercroft.

Funnily enough, it works if you pick them up with your Operator. Even weirder, if you die and revive, it then fully functions for your Warframe too.

Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 2

On 2023-06-01 at 3:22 PM, TakasuNight said:

•Being able to remove a weapon? (In the case of Garuda, if you accidentally put a melee, it is not possible to remove it, the only solution is to exit and re-enter)

If you dont choose a melee from the offerings and hold the swap weapon key (default equip melee) before entering the undercroft you will have her tallons, but you cant select a config for them.