Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Duviri - Community QOL Improvements & Changes

[DE]Taylor

On 2023-07-24 at 7:09 PM, (NSW)BIGFO0T said:

This is just a nerf to impact damage. Literally no one uses impact for finishers as literally no one relys on finishers—single target kills—to accomplish anything outside of niche meme builds that get dumpstered by meta builds that clear entire rooms with one button.

You really couldn’t have phrased that better? This is a free game with if I recall, a small team, and the devs have shown that they put a lot of work into the game. This includes changes that not every player thinks is necessary. You may not use finishers, but lower level players do. Don’t hate one little thing that doesn’t even affect you. 

On 2023-07-24 at 7:13 PM, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Damage number legibility improvements are nice, but from what I see there's no improvements in being able to see numbers but also being able to see where we are aiming. Nowadays we deal so many different instances of damage so fast that the numbers cover the entire Crosshair area, and when we have mods/arcanes/abilities that also require headshots, the experience becomes very frustrating. None of the new additions help keep the numbers legible but also prevent them from disrupting gameplay (removing or making them less legible isn't a solution), and seemingly we will continue to have non solutions to that issue which really shouldn't be an issue on a shooter.

They made a good first step. This will help a lot of lower level people be able to test builds to get better. Plus if you are doing that much damage do you really need to see the numbers? No, not really. I get where you are coming from, but be patient and what you want to be fixed will come

• Like 4

Glad with the Stats changes tho i doubt people will feel tempted to shift to them as slash still deals True damage and is used by the community for level cap stuff.

Damage numbers thing is something iv been wanting to see for a wile now so thanks.

Any chance this could be addressed too?

41 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

balance improvements and Quality of Life changes we’ve made in response to player requests and feedback.

On July 27, players can expect adjustments to the following systems:

• Enhanced Damage Numbers

Ah changes based on community feedback regarding damage att- visuals?

I was excited when I saw the words damage and responses to feedback because of the thought it might finally mean we get changes to damage attenuation until I saw that it was for damage visuals at which point I then became disappointed. And I recall there being way more feedback and discussions in regards to damage attenuation compared to damage visuals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VladYvhv said:

I think people complaining about it being a nerf are the ones using impact procs for the "convert impact procs to slash procs" mods. In that sense, it's a nerf.

The maximum number of stacks of Impact that a target can have does not influence the maximum number of stacks of Bleed that a target can have.  These are unrelated effects. If people are worried about the change to Impact somehow affecting [Internal Bleeding] and [Hemorrhage],  then they can stop worrying. :)

• Like 32

Excited about most of the changes, though the Impact Proc changes do seem underwhelming. I just don't see it making a difference in how many people build for it.

The enemies that would be the best single-target candidates are generally immune to status (and thus, mercy kills) up front and get melted as soon as their overguard is down.

Maybe an additional effect could be something like: chance to stagger nearby enemies per stack.

Still not a room clearer, but leans in to whatever play style would be benefitting from it in the first place. Makes thematic sense, too.... hitting someone so hard their neighbor feels it!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, [DE]Momaw said:

The maximum number of stacks of Impact that a target can have does not influence the maximum number of stacks of Bleed that a target can have.  These are unrelated effects. If people are worried about the change to Impact somehow affecting [Internal Bleeding] and [Hemorrhage],  then they can stop worrying. :)

Thanks this is exactly what i was worried about. Might wanna include this bit in the post to avoid further worries

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Geway2 said:

Can we have something like a training dummy that can change health/shield/armor types/armor value/faction so we can test out builds better? And faster access to the Simulacrum would be nice, loading into a relay first is annoying.

That would be incredible, I want that. Both of those.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Geway2 said:

Can we have something like a training dummy that can change health/shield/armor types/armor value/faction so we can test out builds better? And faster access to the Simulacrum would be nice, loading into a relay first is annoying.

Pro tip to get to the simulacrum a bit faster: go to the syndicate console in your orbiter, tab over to the section with Teshin and Simaris, and then click the prompt to visit Simaris in the relay. This completely bypasses all of the navigation menu selections, the relay entry animation, and having to fast travel to Simaris from the relay entrance. You just get a short loading screen and then boom, you’re there. 

• Like 5

I'm really stoked for the enhanced damage display and settings. Ever since Galvanized mods and the early Incarnons, single-target/precision shots have been getting better and better. Downside was that those giant red numbers could block visibility for follow-up, especially with WF's varied enemy hitboxes. 

These improvements sound like it'll tidy that up nicely. 

Sure, but what about Gas procs? Any extra procs after the 10th one will override the oldest proc, meaning you can actually lose DPS when proccing Gas...

IDK, I'd just uncap the gas proc damage so all procs will deal damage regardless of when they were dealt, but still keeping the Gas cloud size restricted to 10 stacks max. It's a nice middle ground and honestly how it should work from the beginning. I still remember the old days of 256x damage with Gas, but come on, those days are long past and it's not like the bug that allowed that immense damage is still in the game.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Dulvik123 said:

They made a good first step. This will help a lot of lower level people be able to test builds to get better. Plus if you are doing that much damage do you really need to see the numbers? No, not really. I get where you are coming from, but be patient and what you want to be fixed will come

Uh? What damage? You easily cover the entire enemy in numbers without dealing that much damage at all (many damage instances doesn't always mean lots of damage), yet the numbers will cover the view right in the place where they shouldn't be placed at all. Plus the way Warframe works you do need to see the numbers and even we did not need (not up to you to tell me what I do or don't need) it would still be an aspect of the game that should've been fixed long ago, the numbers should not get in the way of aiming on a shooter, even if they aren't needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

NEW INCARNON ACQUISITION 

I would enjoy this so much more if the new ones were folded into each week of the existing schedule rather than having a week of their own.   You probably have multiple reasons for doing it this way.  But there's the appearance of one of them being to get more people to just buy the things rather than play for them.

ENHANCED DAMAGE NUMBERS

This looks great.  I don't particularly care about damage pop-ups in mission, but they're fun.  And it will really help me when I'm testing things, especially melee.  Especially melee finishers.

PLAYER OVERGUARD IMPROVEMENTS

I can understand doing the status immunity so that things appear more consistent between frames--although they'll now be inconsistent with enemy Overguard--but I'm just going to say that Recompense didn't need that buff on top of the gate and the buffs it already got. 

I mean, I'll take it!   But I feel like Kullervo is  one of those frames that's going to become ubiquitous and on your nerf radar soon.  (If he isn't already.)

Puncture Changes:

This looks decent,  The improvement to the damage debuff is welcome.  Although if I understand the way the crit threshold will work, that's not a real game changer for me.  Bigger deal for newer players though.

Impact Changes:

Do Impact status caps affect the ability of Internal Bleeding / Hemorrhage / Incarnon Bo to convert new impact procs to bleeds?  I would think not, but I haven't tested it.  [edit: already answered above.]

Otherwise looks good.

Cold Changes:

Looks good.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, (NSW)BIGFO0T said:

Thanks this is exactly what i was worried about. Might wanna include this bit in the post to avoid further worries

Except it was a dumb worry to behin with? There was zero reason to think that changes to how impact procs work would even slightly affect slash procs and most people seem to have understood that.

• Like 7

Awesome changes. I'm always happy for more UI improvements, and damage numbers have always been too verbose. Having them simplified into thousands and changing the crit priority as well as ability damage presence is really nice. Adding crit buffs to puncture and cold sound nice, while not likely to topple the meta it at least makes different options more viable, and easier mercy kills from impact are also great. It's nice that players won't have to wait 7 weeks to get the new incarnons. Great QoLs, Pablo strikes again! :D

On 2023-07-24 at 11:41 AM, VladYvhv said:

I think people complaining about it being a nerf are the ones using impact procs for the "convert impact procs to slash procs" mods. In that sense, it's a nerf.

Impact Procs cause the enemies to Flail around significantly more when they are at the cap which is currently 10. Lowering the cap to 5 will just make this flailing more common and make it harder to aim at enemies. Here are some examples showing the difference between hitting an enemy below the Impact Proc Cap, and at the Impact Proc Cap:

*A better video showcasing the differences in stagger with as more Impact Procs are added.

• At 5 Procs, enemies begin raising their arms in front of their faces and swaying significantly more with each impact proc
  • At 10 Procs, enemies tend to take multiple steps backwards/to the side with each proc instead of step "to catch their balance"

Below 10 Impact Procs

At 10 Impact Procs

Edited by IDystopiaI
  • Like 2

changes look good, but on the topic of Cold Status:

Secondary Shiver currently doesn't function as described. It currently works like a jankier GunCO (bonus is additive with GunCO, only affects direct damage) rather than a damage taken multiplier as described.

Incarnon Sibear's Ice Field can't really be described as such. It has an aoe smaller than a slam, lasts for less time than it takes enemies to get up (.5ish seconds), applies roughly a 20% slow (based on animation durations, not precise), and DOES NOT PROC COLD STATUS.

If we could get those looked at, that would be great.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Uh? What damage? You easily cover the entire enemy in numbers without dealing that much damage at all (many damage instances doesn't always mean lots of damage), yet the numbers will cover the view right in the place where they shouldn't be placed at all. Plus the way Warframe works you do need to see the numbers and even we did not need (not up to you to tell me what I do or don't need) it would still be an aspect of the game that should've been fixed long ago, the numbers should not get in the way of aiming on a shooter, even if they aren't needed.

They legit made it so you can one, change the size of the numbers, and two, compact them. That should fix your issue. Before complaining about features, please just test them out. And when I said “Plus if you are doing that much damage do you really need to see the numbers? No, not really.” I wasn’t saying ONLY you. I meant it as does anyone need to. You are dealing so much damage to the enemies it doesn’t matter as much because you are shredding them up anyway. And I get that you mean about damage instances, but again the legibility of it all is actually fixed with the numbers size slider and compact numbers toggle. And you might prefer to see the numbers sure, but it isn’t required. It is never really required. It just helps. The game is easier to play when you can see them, but you don’t NEED to see them to play. And also keep in mind Warframe is a MMO before a shooter. It isn’t your normal MMO sure, but at the end of the day, it still is one. Hope that clears up what I meant

1 hour ago, Casardis said:

These are some amazing accessiblity changes! With how customizable the numbers are, it can be great for build testing too, so you can see the exact number filling the screen. On the other hand, smaller and compact options allow for much smoother visual clarity in gameplay, much needed to enjoy the wonderful effects in WF without the numbers cluttering.

That said, on the subject of clarity and accessibility visual options for clarity, can you consider a slider for SCREEN SHAKE in the future? A number of effects and presentation rely on screen shake, but it's sometimes overdone on others. Similar to Bloom years ago, it would benefit a lot to have a slider instead of a toggle.

Gonna chip in here that I'd love if such a setting were separate for different kinds of shake.

Personally I'm fine with melee slams and whatnot having shake effects but have it disabled anyways as it also causes the camera to never be totally still even when I am, even in a non-action location such as my orbiter - which is rather disorienting to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VladYvhv said:

It's not a nerf, as even DE Momaw made a reply on it to clarify.

Since that was their reasoning for calling it a nerf, they didn't understand how status effects work in the first place, which is incredible ironic considering the rude comments they made.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Ya, is kind of a pain that we are obscuring what we are trying to shoot at with damage numbers, and that showing Damage numbers is kind of mandatory because of invuln phases/weakpoints/spots that are protected (i.e. Bursas).