Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Duviri - Community QOL Improvements & Changes

[DE]Taylor

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

Consistent Proc Immunity
Due to the variety of sources of Overguard, there were occasionally inconsistencies in how it behaved regarding Proc Immunity. With Echoes of Duviri, all sources of Player Overguard will offer Full Proc Immunity while active. 

Thanks a lot for this. The way overguard was working on different frames was a bit confusing. This will bring more uniformity and consistency.

It won't bother me to get the same gate on enemy's overguard, by the way.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

STATUS CHANGES

I really liked the changes for Cold, Impact and Puncture.

Cold will be even better now. Puncture will be great with Impact, buffing at the same time crit chance and crit damage : very nice for Kuva Shildeg lovers 🥰

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Cold

• Quicker and better slowdown is nice, no doubt.
  • The critdamage bonus here feels a little bit tacked on, not gonna lie. Tip: Many games do something that feels very intuitive in regards to Cold status effects: Bonus PHYSICAL damage. That could've been an easy addition. For example:
    • In addition, this proc also increases physical damage (Slash, Puncture and Impact) by 36% + 8% per extra proc (Max 90% bonus). Impact gains 2x of this bonus. Has no effect on Slash-DoTs.
    • That said, critdamage is more universally useful, compared to a physical damagebonus, so it has that at least?

I'd suppose the logic is that slower targets are easier to hit more precisely. Though that feels like it would manifest as crit chance instead of crit damage. Eh, either works for me.

1 hour ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Sure, but what about Gas procs? Any extra procs after the 10th one will override the oldest proc, meaning you can actually lose DPS when proccing Gas

True. Same happens to any dot on bosses with limit on status stacks, like stalker acolytes, which makes status weapons with high fire rate really weak against them, while crit weapons or low fire rate weapons are better against acolytes even if those weapons are weaker against other enemies than status high fr weapons.

Also gas, blast and electric are very weak right now, and are either used in very niche builds(dagger with argonak is usually gas) or not modded for at all(blast).

• Like 1

So I'm not entirely clear on how the enemy Crit Chance and Crit Damage Thresholds will work, at least in the math on-paper.

Will the 25% Critical Chance from Puncture be an absolute 25% increase a-la Harrow's 4? If so, how does that work with the 50% Critical Damage boost from Cold? Both of them are worded the same, so does that mean you just get a flat .5x Crit Damage bonus on enemies with maxed Cold procs, or something else? I feel the only other potential way to read this is that both of these increases will be multiplicative with your modded Critical Chance/Damage, meaning if you have an 8x Crit Damage mult and shoot an enemy with maxed Cold procs you'd gain an extra 4x multiplier, and similarly if you have a 200% Crit Chance against an enemy with maxed Puncture procs, you'd gain an extra 50% Critical Chance.

Would be nice to know which of these it is, as both the Crit Chance and Crit Damage sharing the same description in the main post kinda obfuscates their potential functionality, as (at least as far as I know) Enemy-based Crit Chance/Damage Thresholds don't exist in the game as of yet (aside from maybe Citrines 4?).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, dang, I didn't even think about Devastating/Devouring Attrition. Those perks will still be ridiculous, but it makes the puncture change just a little bittersweet.

They could just change the code and description to have it so when those perks are active, puncture's crit buff isn't applied to them. As if you chose the evolution, you probably don't want crits.

It's part of the reason I brought attention to it.

Just now, KitMeHarder said:

They could just change the code and description to have it so when those perks are active, puncture's crit buff isn't applied to them. As if you chose the evolution, you probably don't want crits.

It's part of the reason I brought attention to it.

Additionally: Punture isn't the only problem. External critchance buffs (Harrow's ult, Ash with Smoke Shadow etc) are all detrimental too.

I too think those "2000% damage on non-crits" evolutions should disable external critchance buffs for those weapons - INCLUDING the critchance bonus from Puncture procs.

• Like 4

hace 1 hora, [DE]Taylor dijo:

Overall Damage Number Changes:
Whether you are using Legacy or Enhanced Damage Numbers, these new settings will be available with Echoes of Duviri:

Damage Numbers Scale
Custom scaling of your damage number text size from 50 to 300!

This means Damage numbers will no longer scale with HUD scale setting as they used to. So you can customize the HUD and the number size separately. 

ef9a2dbc2ca2f127f3b82d85cc443553.png

PLEASE LET US PLACE THE UI ITEMS (such as HP and Energy)
ON DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SCREEN !

I WANT TO MOVE MY HP BAR TO THE MIDDLE

• Like 4

As always, i am most excited for the little changes, damage numbers and stuff.
I really like the melee tweak, while i am usually not the type to like seeing them.

For some constructive feedback;

for the ability damage, the colouring should really just take on the energy colour in my opinion, perhaps adding some glow effect to make it pop, for the usual edge-framers with red everything so there is a bit of diversity. 
Another thing that would have been cool would be stacking slash numbers, like having them cumulate till together on each enemy in a single counter, but i guess that would defeat the goal of making it less process-heavy.

For the Status changes, I think we all love to see them. 
I had the idea that adding AOE effects, to let for example puncture allow projectiles to pass through 10% of the original damage, stacking up to 100% with puncture 10. 

As always, i am most excited for the little changes, damage numbers and stuff.
I really like the melee tweak, while i am usually not the type to like seeing them.

For some constructive feedback;

for the ability damage, the colouring should really just take on the energy colour in my opinion, perhaps adding some glow effect to make it pop, for the usual edge-framers with red everything so there is a bit of diversity. 
Another thing that would have been cool would be stacking slash numbers, like having them cumulate till together on each enemy in a single counter, but i guess that would defeat the goal of making it less process-heavy.

For the Status changes, I think we all love to see them. 
I had the idea that adding AOE effects, to let for example puncture allow projectiles to pass through 10% of the original damage, stacking up to 100% with puncture 10. 
and for impact giving enemies a big knockback, damaging enemies hit by each other.

But the cold changes, that is Great, i think i´ll try using cold a bit more now ^^

A great day to you all <3

• Like 1

On 2023-07-24 at 9:45 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Test is poorly set up. Like you're not proccing much Impact in that first test (you get like 2 procs top, and almost immediately kill the enemy), so of course they won't stagger as much, because you're not getting the procs that stagger them. It's not a consequence of the cap, it's a consequence of just proccing Impact.

Exactly, this isn't an "at Max Impact procs" thing, it is just the effect of proccing Impact, every time you proc Impact a normal enemy staggers, if you proc Impact again while they are staggering, you reset the Stagger animation. So if you barrage them with constant impact procs they just flail around like crazy.

It's really the worst part about Impact procs. If the Impact Status, "Stagger", was more like a "Flinch" where the enemy gets something like a 0.5-second micro stun where the head is only slightly knocked backward instead of them doing a dance in place it would be far better, and only slightly affect aim on heads. Plus, making our enemies "headbang" to death would be funny.

Edit: There is actually a "Big Stagger" effect when you inflict 5+ Impact procs on an Enemy, the test still doesn't show this well but I should still mention it. I will also say that because Big Stagger is inflicted at 5+ and our max Impact procs are being reduced from 10 to 5, this change literally does nothing for Big Stagger as it will still be inflicted repeatedly on subsequent procs of the 5th max stack instead of 5+ subsequent infliction. The Stagger and Big Stagger are just kind of a detriment that should probably be removed/changed.

On 2023-07-24 at 9:29 PM, (PSN)Adeak said:

Just so we're clear, is this saying that Abilities and AoEs won't benefit from the increased crit chance, or that puncture procs they cause won't include it? I would think the former, but I also tend to overthink.

I just want Mending Unity to be made Way-Bound.

Can we also have this for the "Visit Maroo" button in the Ayatan Treasures menu? I mean, we can already do this with Varzia in the Relic segment and they're basically right next to each other, but it would be convenient.

Does it scale with the raw number of stacks, or with how close we are to max?

Pretty sure the Stagger effect doesn't scale with the number of procs, the guy testing was just proccing Impact so much in the 2nd video that it was resetting the Stagger animation over and over again. This is just a problem with Impact and trying to consistently hit headshots. 

Edit: Just went and tested it to be sure and did some research, when inflicting 5+ Impact Procs on an enemy they suffer from "Big Stagger", which the animation looks longer, and instead of a "stagger" the Big Stagger almost looks like a stumble as the enemy struggles to maintain balance.

For my personal test to confirm this I used a Kuva Chakurr which has guaranteed impact procs on the projectile and explosion so it was a bit easier to see the difference.

Here is a Quote from a Patch:
"Instead of ending in a knockdown or ragdoll, accumulating 5+ Impact Effects will now result in a "big stagger" with smaller staggers leading up to it....."

Edited by (XBOX)ShadowofAion
Clarifications
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Tenno,

As we approach the release of the next major update, “Echoes of Duviri,” it’s time to share details on some updates you can expect. This Dev Workshop will not focus on the new playable content you can expect but on some of the balance improvements and Quality of Life changes we’ve made in response to player requests and feedback.

On July 27, players can expect adjustments to the following systems:

• Enhanced Damage Numbers
  • Overguard for Warframes
  • Cold, Impact, and Puncture Status Changes
  • New Incarnon Acquisition

ENHANCED DAMAGE NUMBERS

Warframe is a numbers game, whether you’re Modding your Warframe or your Weapons to do as much damage as possible. With that in mind, we have introduced a new Enhanced Damage Number setting to properly communicate the impact of your attacks and increase the overall legibility of damage numbers in-game. 

This new setting can be found in the Interface: HUD Category of your Settings Menu under “Show Damage Numbers.” You can cycle between the new Enhanced and the familiar Legacy systems or turn off damage numbers altogether!

65397108e3956605103e2562c9786e40.png 

For our visual learning Tenno, please enjoy a look at the Enhanced Damage Numbers in action with Lead Game Designer Pablo!

Overall Damage Number Changes:
Whether you are using Legacy or Enhanced Damage Numbers, these new settings will be available with Echoes of Duviri:

Damage Numbers Scale
Custom scaling of your damage number text size from 50 to 300!

This means Damage numbers will no longer scale with HUD scale setting as they used to. So you can customize the HUD and the number size separately. 

ef9a2dbc2ca2f127f3b82d85cc443553.png

Compact Damage Numbers
This Toggle will shorten large numbers for legibility (i.e., 100,357 would be shortened to 100k) 

2217856d7217d549c381f1cce40fbb74.png

Commas in Damage Numbers on Consoles
This was initially released on PC and required extra work to get on consoles, but you can expect it now with Echoes of Duviri!

Enhanced Damage Numbers Setting
With this new setting toggled on, players can expect to see the following:

Refreshed Damage Number Appearance
A punchier presentation of damage numbers, with an updated font treatment to improve legibility. For reference of what this looks like in action, refer to Pablo’s video above. 

Prioritized Critical Hits
Player damage output varies wildly from damage over time (DOT) from Status Effects to powerful Critical Hits. Previously all types of Damage were treated the same in the Damage Number cycle: Critical Hit Damage Numbers often disappeared quickly if many small DOT procs were happening concurrently. From a gameplay side, this had no impact on the damage done to your enemies, but it meant the true impact of your Critical Hits was only sometimes communicated to you as clearly as we would like.

Now, your Critical Hits will be prioritized over smaller damage numbers. Those smaller numbers will still appear but disappear sooner if higher-priority damage is done. Additionally, this prioritization system applies to Critical Hit Tiers as well, meaning Super Critical Hit Damage Numbers will linger longer than regular Critical Hits.

Custom Ability Damage Treatment
Since your Abilities traditionally cannot Crit, these attacks tend to have less oomph. Now Ability Damage has its own Damage Color so that it will stand out amongst the rest!

Like all other Damage Numbers, you can customize Ability Damage colors in the “Customize Hud Colors” menu (found in the Interface category of your Accessibility Settings).
5927c9cefa984c2a2dca86c7d20e5eac.png 

Melee Damage Numbers:
With Legacy settings, Damage Numbers appear at the point of contact, often off-screen or otherwise obstructed by Melee attacks. 

With Enhanced settings, Melee Damage numbers will now travel with you to improve visibility and will travel with the attack movement as well. Again, this is best illustrated in Pablo’s video for those who want to see this in action!

PLAYER OVERGUARD IMPROVEMENTS
With Duviri came the first instance of Warframes using Overguard, and The Seven Crimes of Kullervo solidified this mechanic as a part of various Warframes’ kits. 

Now that players have access to Overguard consistently, we have made some adjustments to improve the quality of life in this new health state: 

Consistent Proc Immunity
Due to the variety of sources of Overguard, there were occasionally inconsistencies in how it behaved regarding Proc Immunity. With Echoes of Duviri, all sources of Player Overguard will offer Full Proc Immunity while active. 

Overguard Depletion Protection
Similar to Shields, Player Overguard will now offer a brief moment of invulnerability (currently 0.5s) once depleted. This window will prevent players with Overguard from being one-shot, as damage to Overguard will no longer carry over into your Health or Shield pool once depleted. 

Upon launch, we will closely monitor feedback on this mechanic change to see if further adjustments are needed.

NOTE: This Overguard Depletion Protection applies only to Player Overguard, not Overguard seen on enemies. 

Hit Impact Visuals 
Similar to taking damage to your Health or your Shields, Overguard now has its own unique appearance when attacked. Damage will no longer cause blood splatters while Overguard is active, and we have added a unique metallic hit effect that better communicates having a layered shell protecting you.

Additionally, players will no longer flinch while taking damage with Overguard active. 
(NOTE: This has no gameplay function other than looking cool)

STATUS CHANGES
With the variety of Status Effects in Warframe, certain types may be seen as less favorable than others. Cold, Puncture, and Impact tend to have a lesser impact on the battlefield, so we felt it was time to revisit the value they added to player kits:

Puncture Changes:
Weakened Status Effect Buffs:

• Increased the debuff to enemy attacks from 30% to 40% on the first stack.
  • Reduced the maximum amount of stacks from 10 to 5.
  • Increased the per-stack debuff from 5% to 10%. 
  • Increased the total debuff at Max Stacks from 75% to 80%. 

Weakened Status Effect Additions:

• Increases Critical Chance threshold on enemy by 5% per Stack, to a maximum of 25% at 5 Stacks. This is additive after Mods, not before. Does not apply to Abilities or AOE damage. 

Impact Changes:
Stagger Status Effect Changes: 

• Reduced the maximum amount of stacks from 10 to 5.
  • Increased the Mercy Threshold from 4% to 8% per stack. 

Functionally, this allows for players to trigger early Mercy kills with less stacks required!

Cold Changes:
Freeze Status Effect Changes:

• Increased the maximum amount of stacks from 8 to 9.
  • Increased the additional per-stack Slow from 3.5% to 5%. 
  • Increased the maximum Slow effect from 75% to 90%. 
    • While we previously mentioned buffing Cold Slow Effect to 85% in our Citrine’s Last Wish update, we mistakenly only increased it to 75% instead. 

Freeze Status Effect Additions:

• Increased the Critical Damage taken by an enemy by 10% on initial Status Effect. Subsequent Stacks increase this debuff by 5%, up to a maximum of 50%. This is additive after Mods, not before.

NEW INCARNON ACQUISITION 
With Echoes of Duviri, we are adding another batch of Incarnons to the Circuit ecosystem: Gorgon, Boar, Angstrum, Gammacor, and Anku!

Regarding the current Steel Path Circuit Reward Path rotation, we wanted to give players the fastest access to these new Incarnons post-launch. As a result, we are altering the current Steel Path Circuit reward rotation to ensure they show up next rotation (July 30th). 

Here is the updated Offering Rotation Schedule for the Steel Path Circuit:

Week 1: Braton, Lato, Skana, Paris, Kunai (this week’s offerings)
*Week 2: (NEW) Boar, Gammacor, Angstrum, Gorgon, and Anku 
Week 3: Bo, Latron, Furis, Furax, Strun 
Week 4: Lex, Magistar, Boltor, Bronco, Ceramic Dagger 
Week 5: Torid, Dual Toxocyst, Dual Ichor, Miter, Atomos
Week 6: Ack & Brunt, Soma, Vasto, Nami Solo, Burston 
Week 7: Zylok, Sibear, Dread, Despair, Hate

New Incarnon Geneses Acquisition Method: Incarnon Market at Cavalero 
In addition to acquiring these new Incarnon Geneses via the Steel Path Circuit Rewards, the respective Adapters will be available for purchase at Calavero with Platinum in the new “Incarnon Market.” Once the Incarnon Market is live on July 30th, it will remain accessible with the offerings regardless of what week's rotation we’re on.  

As previously discussed on Devstream 172, this experiment intends to offer players the option to acquire the new items instantly, should they desire, instead of waiting for the week's rotation to return -- while ensuring that the free acquisition path is not prohibitive for players. Only these *5 new Adapters will be available for Platinum via this experiment and will become available following the Weekly Reset on July 30th. 

Purchasing these Adapters will earn you both the Adapter and the required Resources to Install them. 

===

That’s all for now, Tenno! See you July 27th for the Echoes of Duviri and Wisp Prime launch! 
:community:

Enhanced visibility on damage numbers (decent change):

I'd say enhanced visibility on damage numbers would probably be welcomed by some, so decent.

New Incarnon Weapons and p2w (slight cause for concern):

New Incarnon Weapons... that's fine suppose. I'm personally not big fan of the bait-and-switch mechanics and tactics: Radial AoE was nerfed in various ways, such as by way of damage and ammo economy and oh wow what a shock new radial AoE options are available now with massive damage and, can you believe it, ammo economy is not really an issue to nearly the same extent. It is a little blatant.

I'm also not fan of the functionality changes of Incarnon Genesis weapons, as these weapons basically lose their feel and even identity all in the name of power creep, which is unneeded as well, especially when we consider you continue to introduce more punishing damage attenuation formulas to combat the power creep.

I don't mind the new weapons being purchasable too much, but there are concerns: P2w mechanics like these are fine for me, as long as they don't influence things such as time gates or grinds associated with farming the assets to too great an extent. Given the rather boring grind associated with resources required for Incarnon Genesis Adapters as well as the time gate associated in acquiring the weapons (we are looking at around 1 1/2 months for a rotation to return at this point, whilst limiting players to 2 weapons within that rotation on that account). I'm not a fan. It feels like FOMO is being forced a little too much and I am concerned this business model will become more extreme in the future as well.

Status changes (misguided, ineffective)

Concerning the status changes... these changes are ultimately not going to be very impactful, but they will contribute to even more power creep.

Let's look at some of the mechanics in this game that concerns the subject matter:

• Statuses such as Impact and Puncture lag behind Slash in terms of efficacy as a result of to high level, high EHP enemies relying on armor for their durability to an exorbitant extent due to how armor scales and how damage reduction scales with that armor. This damage reduction is bypassed by Bleed, the damage of which is increased multiple times by way of Viral (which can generally not be modded for along with Cold).
  • Players have the option of easily nullifying the damage reduction associated with armor by way of various armor stripping mechanics, effectively increasing their damage on target by x10, x20, x100+ depending on the levels they face within the press of a button.
  • Once enemies are stripped of armor, the vast majority of health types are vulnerable to Slash.
  • Outside of armoured enemies at high level, enemies tend to be extremely flimsy. This means anything that can used to kill armored enemies, can be used to kill everything else effectively enough.
  • Due to poor balance, missions tend to be filled with multiple weak enemies, leading to single target offense and single target cc losing value.

Given the mechanics in the game, it should be no surprise that Slash is favoured above Puncture or Impact. It should be no surprise that players prefer to use Viral above Cold. It should be no surprise that players generally build for damage above utility. It should be no surprise that players do not usually make use of options such as Mercy kills. These changes you plan to introduce are ultimately a massive waste of time and detrimental to the game's future health - they are not going to re-establish greater depth, especially not at higher levels of play, because they aren't addressing the causes of imbalances in build diversity and yet they still contribute to power creep, so if you ever do decide to actually balance the game better, players will be able to cheese the tougher enemies by way of easier mercy kills. 

As I've typed this, I've gone from thinking these status changes are misguided, to realizing these status changes are also incredibly poor and it is actually shocking that they were thought up, discussed, greenlit and worked on by people who are paid to address imbalances. It continues this culture that seems to have been cultivated at DE to try shortcuts and band-aids that not only do not work, but makes the game worse. This continued methodology of ignoring the sickness and trying (and failing) to address the symptoms has easily taken up far more time than would have been needed to balance the game properly and has left the game in a far worse state than it really should be, especially at late game.

• Like 7

On 2023-07-24 at 9:45 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Test is poorly set up. Like you're not proccing much Impact in that first test (you get like 2 procs top, and almost immediately kill the enemy), so of course they won't stagger as much, because you're not getting the procs that stagger them. It's not a consequence of the cap, it's a consequence of just proccing Impact.

The point was that with the cap to Impact procs being changed to 5 that this flailing would be much more common. (The more extreme flail from impact procs occurs at 10 procs).

The point of the recordings was to show the difference in how much flailing there is between a regular impact proc and one where you're at cap. It is very easy to hit the new cap of 5 once you start mixing in Ancient Healers, Orokin Drones, Overguard, Guardian Eximus, etc...

Even just raising the level of enemies makes it more likely that you will hit 5 impact procs before the enemy is dead, and then you're stuck trying to hit a head that's flailing around instead of actually aiming at a weak point deliberately.

On 2023-07-24 at 9:29 PM, (PSN)Adeak said:

Does it scale with the raw number of stacks, or with how close we are to max?

1 to 9 procs all have the same low level of stagger (intensity), 10 procs and any new procs past 10 use the strong stagger animation. More procs has an effect on how long the animaition is played for.

1 hour ago, Darkmega18 said:

Yes, they do, but why not double? warframe people are all about the excess after-all. also it's not like you're killing every single enemy with mercy. Only true high kill per second is steel path when the enemies are being stingy in survival but the LS tanks are there for a reason regardless. The rest can probably just get CC'd and dealt with leisurely if you play smartly in most other modes.

Eximus and heavy units are the units that actually matter. they're the ones who're likely to end you with their heavy damage and sponge up your time being annoying and tanky. so why not focus on deleting them so you can go back to picking on little guys?

As you focus on one single unit, all the others will focus on you...

1 hour ago, Do_High_Go said:

You...... are aware you can have both Cold status and Viral on the same enemy right ? Or do you use only a single weapon while piloting Inaros like Ever?

These "reasonable" and "balanced" ideas, are with all due respect - a big ol serving of nothingburger that the autor tailored to what they want instead of what the game needs. Their cold proposition is just more crits, you now will get that with Puncture, but with the added benefit, that it is actually Reasonable.

The Blast idea is outright wtf, once again asking for more of the broken thing that causes the disbalance of the element usage.... extremely biased by the author praying for a universal "viral" like effect, it is far from reasonable and balanced. So sad.

The puncture suggestion is basically a "cheeky" way for the author to creep up back to full strip with corrosive heat setup on a weapon that will occasionally proc Puncture. Not original, it is just weaker corrosive and simply unreasonable. Also didn't you just complain that cold is damage increase but viral is too so cold is worse. By your own logic that Puncture suggestion should not be something you praise.

The Impact is .... Corrosive but for shields, but worse, but magnetic exists and increases your damage by 3x so noone will use it right? Bruh.

All that is followed by a sad ask to reduce cost of rolling rivens... like really, as if. Oh and the Sentinel idea, aside of the Regen resetting (which is not reasonable or balanced once again) is literally already a mod called Hard Reset, tho it requires like 5 Mercy Kills or smth, I guess that is not braindead enough for the author.

Your judgement of "Reasonable" and "Balanced" is kind of off, smells of hypocrisy. Tell your friend/alt to try harder in the next one ^^

The goal of that post is to promote build diversity and make different play styles viable. It also takes into account level 1000+ SP enemies. How many weapons are basically useless now? They can become relevant again because of their innate blast or cold. Or the ones with horrible base crit can have more options for flat crit. Or impact only melees can have a place against corpus.

The goal of needing corrosive heat and puncture all together is to make weapons viable for killing highly scaled armored enemies. Right now you either need a frame with full strip into the same old aoe nuke weapons or vastilok shattering impact for single targets, or slash viral aoe as usual. the 90% reduction is still not strong enough for enemies with 100k armor. AOE slash viral is already a thing.

And what's broken about blast being a hybrid viral/mag? If having viral against grineer or pure magnetic if not toxin against corpus is not broken, what is broken with having 50-160% hybrid instead of 100-300% specific which may as well be universal in grineer only tiles?

Impact suggestion is to make non-slash melees good. maybe take hammers to corpus maps. You can have magnetic impact as an alternative way to kill corpus rather than toxin.

And you say you can have viral cold on the same enemy as if that's my point. My point is to be able to make much more weapons and styles viable not more viral builds on the same old stuff getting a slight damage boost from random cold procs.

Hard reset is trash. In high level that sentinel is gonna die constantly. Elec procs will kill it, aoe will kill it. You supposed to set up 5 enemies for mercy without overshooting just so you can rez the sentinel again for a few minutes before it dies more? Nah, make it actually usable in high levels.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1

Damage number change is welcomed.

Every time i use gyre, the criticals, the size and the sheer numbers act almost like a smokescreen everytime i shhot the enemies, so it's nice to have a scale slider and compact measures

13 minutes ago, fdge said:

As you focus on one single unit, all the others will focus on you...

Basically doesn't matter, I think, since we're invulnerable during the animation.  Maybe some people lose their situational awareness and have trouble getting it back before the invuln ends though?  I don't know, I don't think it's been a problem for me.

Mercy  and Finisher animations can be a problem in situations where killing or neutralizing lots of targets at once is important, like Survival or defending objectives.  But that's a different issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrWrightPlays said:

So I'm not entirely clear on how the enemy Crit Chance and Crit Damage Thresholds will work, at least in the math on-paper.

Will the 25% Critical Chance from Puncture be an absolute 25% increase a-la Harrow's 4? If so, how does that work with the 50% Critical Damage boost from Cold? Both of them are worded the same, so does that mean you just get a flat .5x Crit Damage bonus on enemies with maxed Cold procs, or something else? I feel the only other potential way to read this is that both of these increases will be multiplicative with your modded Critical Chance/Damage, meaning if you have an 8x Crit Damage mult and shoot an enemy with maxed Cold procs you'd gain an extra 4x multiplier, and similarly if you have a 200% Crit Chance against an enemy with maxed Puncture procs, you'd gain an extra 50% Critical Chance.

Would be nice to know which of these it is, as both the Crit Chance and Crit Damage sharing the same description in the main post kinda obfuscates their potential functionality, as (at least as far as I know) Enemy-based Crit Chance/Damage Thresholds don't exist in the game as of yet (aside from maybe Citrines 4?).

Dude, its literally written that it is additive After mods, it is right there

• Like 1

A lot of these QOL look fantastic. Looking forward to many of them. I didn't personally care for commas on consoles, but I know many did, so thats great. 

The new buffs for Puncture, Impact Cold look interesting. 

Bit I like the most though, is introducing the newer Incarnons to week 2, so we can get a chance at them sooner. One of the better solutions I think (though I still wonder if any more are added, about the logistics of the spacing becoming too lengthly). Either way, thats great to hear. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Dude, its literally written that it is additive After mods, it is right there

Since you seem to understand it then, does that mean it's additive with mods? So like the 25% would add with the 200% bonus from Critical Delay type mods, only going up to a total of 225%? Seems like some people in this thread think it works differently, I just want to make sure we're all on the same page

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrWrightPlays said:

Since you seem to understand it then, does that mean it's additive with mods? So like the 25% would add with the 200% bonus from Critical Delay type mods, only going up to a total of 225%? Seems like some people in this thread think it works differently, I just want to make sure we're all on the same page

It would be great for DE to confirm, but from my understanding, what you wrote is multiplicative, not additive.

Additive is like Arcane Avenger and Harrow (which you used in your earlier question), which is a flat crit boost to the total crit. The detail that it's added AFTER mod calculation is to prevent the additive boost from benefit from the multiplying factor of mods.

An example with a weapon that has 11% crit chance and Critical Delay would be:

Base Crit (11%) + Critical Delay (11% × 2.0 = 22%) = 33%

Then you add 25% to that 33% for a total of 58% crit chance.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 3