Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you ever going to do something about this?

addamrobin2

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You know what, with all these posts about Thermal Sunder I feel like giving it a try after all. I have 4 tauforged casting speed shards in Garuda anyway, might as well.

Dew it. Kinda looks like they were at a rave with the energy colors.seth meyers GIF

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna

44 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You know what, with all these posts about Thermal Sunder I feel like giving it a try after all. I have 4 tauforged casting speed shards in Garuda anyway, might as well.

it's the best radial Damage type Ability in the game when used on Gauss. got that cool mixture of inherent Armor weakening (both from the direct effect and the Fire Status, so in two forms that you can stack) plus DoT's and the ability to stack it.

and even when Subsumed onto other Warframes and the limitations that imposes, it's still pretty good.

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

[...]

That's not quite what I meant, I've used it as a better Expedite Suffering for heat procs and as AoE for ESO/Fissures before, I've even tried it on Nekros as a sort of Steel Path damage ability, but this "spam 10 heat TS per second" build isn't something I was terriby interested in.

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

That's not quite what I meant, I've used it as a better Expedite Suffering for heat procs and as AoE for ESO/Fissures before, I've even tried it on Nekros as a sort of Steel Path damage ability, but this "spam 10 heat TS per second" build isn't something I was terriby interested in.

oh

well the Players demonstrated here are half memeing, you wouldn't normally setup like that, lol.

Don't see any issue, if using it for levelling and other "skip-the-grind-faster" utilities. Don't particularly like it when it's used as a one-trick-pony ability, however.

Besides, a bit hypocritical when taking a Bramma with a Wisp, if I'm being honest. - this is more than often the subtle but very relevant difference between "Oh no, he's ruining the game for others with that AoE" and "Oh no, he's out-performing me in ruining the game for others with that AoE!".

If I am levelling a frame, yeah, it's annoying since I want the EXP for the frame (but then, I'm usually using the high-end TS build). If I'm levelling weapons I'll give kudos to the guy obliterating the map and making me level faster. Anyway, I'm good.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, addamrobin2 said:

are you going to do something about this? 

Oh no a game where 90% of the content can only be progressed with killing, thus incentivising players to find ways to easier kill and thus progress further with the game, using a method that kills faster.

How horrible of the players to play within the rules and tools of the mechanics given to them.

Listen, when the fact that using a healing Warframe in a game mode called Defense is OBJECTIVELY the bad choice due to the fact that chances are I am picking the slower option, unless I'm using Wisp and her Nuke the Room ability that is Breach Surge, in killing enemies.

You don't see people pick something else, because picking healing Frames don't help because healing is capped at a hilarious 50/s and CC ends up worthless when Eximus units spawn en mass especially at the end of each round.

I see this as fine consequence of their nerf tendencies.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Fortunately this S#&$ doesn't find its way to steel path too often.

I totally expect changes to either thermal sunder or bloodletting because of exactly this spam behaviour.

you won't say that if you play in asia server

sortie - garuda

arbitration - garuda

relic - garuda

daily 5x steel path incursions - garuda

miraculously they all seem to come from one particular country

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Don't see any issue, if using it for levelling and other "skip-the-grind-faster" utilities. Don't particularly like it when it's used as a one-trick-pony ability, however.

Besides, a bit hypocritical when taking a Bramma with a Wisp, if I'm being honest. - this is more than often the subtle but very relevant difference between "Oh no, he's ruining the game for others with that AoE" and "Oh no, he's out-performing me in ruining the game for others with that AoE!".

If I am levelling a frame, yeah, it's annoying since I want the EXP for the frame (but then, I'm usually using the high-end TS build). If I'm levelling weapons I'll give kudos to the guy obliterating the map and making me level faster. Anyway, I'm good.

you're comparing a weapon with a max 11.95 range with 5 shots that have been SELECTIVELY nuked by DE in 2020, and again in 2022 with the ammo pickup changes and primary merciless ammo nerf, to a map-wide skill that can be endlessly spammed non-stop with garuda, with tons of audio and visual noise (at least the game respects the lower visual effects of allies, kind of)

cool

i can't remember the last time i see a player with a bramma or zarr since the last aoe nerf, while the usual garuda always somehow makes it into sessions

watch the video again, 2 garudas and 1 titania all spamming the same skill - if this is ok, should DE unnerf aoe too?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, addamrobin2 said:

you won't say that if you play in asia server

sortie - garuda

arbitration - garuda

relic - garuda

daily 5x steel path incursions - garuda

miraculously they all seem to come from one particular country

you're comparing a weapon with a max 11.95 range with 5 shots that have been SELECTIVELY nuked by DE in 2020, and again in 2022 with the ammo pickup changes and primary merciless ammo nerf, to a map-wide skill that can be endlessly spammed non-stop with garuda, with tons of audio and visual noise (at least the game respects the lower visual effects of allies, kind of)

cool

i can't remember the last time i see a player with a bramma or zarr since the last aoe nerf, while the usual garuda always somehow makes it into sessions

watch the video again, 2 garudas and 1 titania all spamming the same skill - if this is ok, should DE unnerf aoe too?

i do think the AoE nerfs were too much(mostly due to how much it made certain weapons useless due to awful weapon ammo economy), but this post screams "if i cant have AoE then no one can" since this was how it exactly looked with AoE weapons , just replace the 2 Garudas with Wukong.

• Like 2

It's really just yet another nail in the co-op coffin. If it's not this it's AOE weapon spam, AOE ability spam, or it's AOE melee spam. Always just another method of instantly deleting enemies before they ever enter line of sight.

But also I'd fully expect them to address Thermal Sunder directly at some point. It seems to be a safe bet that it's getting very overused which is the main criteria DE uses for actually looking at balance problems.

• Like 1

Remember when Mirror Defense was first released and people were willing to play a role as a HEALER to the DEFENSE OBJECTIVE while others killed and collected the Crystals, which also only spawns faster when you kill things lmao,?

And in response to players not just picking the mass killing AoE option and TITANIA they made healing completely useless for Mirror Defense?

I remember, pretty weird why players just sort of gravitate to this one option huh?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Remember when Mirror Defense was first released and people were willing to play a role as a HEALER to the DEFENSE OBJECTIVE while others killed and collected the Crystals, which also only spawns faster when you kill things lmao,?

And in response to players not just picking the mass killing AoE option and TITANIA they made healing completely useless for Mirror Defense?

I remember, pretty weird why players just sort of gravitate to this one option huh?

nope, can't remember, what i remember is the titania always doing what they're supposed to do - collect crystals while the rest occasionally collect crystals and kill enemies but not chase kills, and i play mirror defense the day it dropped

what i do remember nowadays is how 1 garuda in party = 3 others not doing anything in every mission

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

healing is capped at a hilarious 50/s

a037140baacd020bf1b331b2961f9808.jpg

This also isn't even my total. I don't have my archon shards yet, need my third Umbral, and obviously can't show with Molt Augmented stacks. I also don't have the strength aura yet, although that's Soon™ (whenever I drag myself out of Fortuna and go do Titania's quest).

So unless I've hilariously misunderstood what you're referencing, I'm not sure where you heard that healing is capped.

Edited by Hexerin

1. Same press-4-to-win gimmick that we've been dealing with since Saryn and Mesa. DE won't do anything about them even though they should.

2. I find it funny that someone with a Kuva Bramma is complaining that AoE spammers are taking all of their kills.

dude, they're farmers in a farm game. unfortunately the advertising theme that developers try to tell us that warframe is a tactical game doesn't work for experienced players.

I know it's fun to wear our favorite equipment and parade around in fashion in various missions but these players don't care about that as they want to speed up the game's grinding process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trst said:

It's really just yet another nail in the co-op coffin

But Warframe wasn't ever a co-op game, more a 4-man solo experience.

I think perhaps they should put real co-op in a couple of nodes, that would destroy this kind of gameplay but then the OP with his bramma will not find his playstyle working either, and frankly after seeing the only slightly co-op mode (Railjack) getting nerfed to be solo-friendly then i have zero hope for anything like this. Other aspects that were slightly co-op like dragon key vaults (there's a reason there are 4 keys for a 4-man squad, one each so the nerfs are spread out)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Other aspects that were slightly co-op like dragon key vaults (there's a reason there are 4 keys for a 4-man squad, one each so the nerfs are spread out)

Which you always just had one person carry all four, and the other three players would babysit the inevitable rezzes if the player in question wasn't using one of the few frames that can bypass all the key downsides (like Rhino). Now you don't even need to babysit them, because of Unairu's infinite self-rez.