Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

Technically they haven't been "tricked" because nothing has happened that ruined their reasons for buying the packs. 

However, I would want them to add separate bundles for the individual frames especially if they are planning on making other heirloom packs for other og frames like Nyx, Ash, or Ember.  (They did say it would be the first heirloom pack.)

As for skins being locked behind a paywall... the same thing has always happened with Prime Access, Prime Access in itself being a permanent version of the Founder's Pack. 

Khora has had a skin locked behind prime access and barely anyone complained, so of course for the heirloom packs they added special skins, because making an even better version of Frost/Mag to mimic Excalibur Prime would been much MUCH worse. 

The packs aren't even supposed to be for everyone, only the most diehard Frost/Mag mains or the people who buy prime access (which is equally expensive and as I said, also has FOMO skins).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

I have been playing this game for a year now. Not long compared to some no but I've come to really really enjoy this game. I've also up until this point really respected the developers for having what seemed to me to be a fair monetization system. Past few years I've have been unable to even find a good game that was truly free to play. Until this one. So far in this game everything is free to play nothing is locked behind pay walls except for some cosmetics. No paid DLCs that cost as much as the base game... etc. Very admirable! This is also the biggest game I've ever played. And by biggest I mean there is so many different things to do. 4 open worlds, a large number of story quests with more being added pretty frequently, a crazy number of missions etc. There is just absolutely something for everyone in this game. I'm literally in awe of just how much there is to Warframe. As well as the amazing community they have fostered around this game. I've even made a couple friends because of Warframe! So until this point I've always felt very defensive of the game and developers. And I still do for most stuff. I've felt that a lot of players (possibly burnt out) are wayy to hard on DE considering all that they have given us in this game all for free! Making video games is A LOT of time and work! Especially one like Warframe. But these heirloom packs are absolutely not fair pricing. When I first saw them released I was excited to buy them not because I even play Mag or Frost much but because I have put money into this game before with some plat and some skins and the tenncon digital pack which have all been fair. I've never even put money into other games before because they were all extremely P2W and incredibly unfairly priced. I love being able to support the developers of a game that has quite literally been the highlight of my life the past year (chronic illness/disability). I understand even the tiered options. But the CHEAPEST option to support the developers for the 10 year anniversary being a pack WITHOUT the skins and signas and the price being $30USD is crazy. My suggestion would be to change or add tiers and remove the time gate that is incredibly FOMO based. People WANT to be able to support DE as evident by the many posts on reddit and the large number of replies on this thread alone. Especially after seeing that amazing demo at the end of tennocon! I was in awe and super excited! This definitely soured it. 

Example suggestion:

-Zenith Heirloom $89.99USD: Contains the works! Both skins, both signas, sigil, emote, glyph, color palette, accolade, regal aya 6(to buy the primes), platinum (600). What it is already. The Big Pack for people that want it all!

-Celestial Heirloom $49.99USD : Both skins, both signas, sigil, emote, glyph, color palette, accolade, platinum (600). Essentially no regal aya bloating the pack. An option for those who have no use for regal aya and/or already have the primes. (You could even get rid of this one and just have the other tiers)

-Risen Heirloom: $29.99-$34.99USD Both skins, both signas, sigil, emote, glyph, color palette, accolade, maybe 100 platinum at most. A basic supporter pack. This is roughly what I've seen most people saying they would like to be able to get. 

- Mag Heirloom: $14.99USD Mag skin and signa, sigil, emote, glyph, color palette, accolade. For whoever wants just the one!

-Frost Heirloom: $14.99USD Frost skin and signa, sigil, emote, glyph, color palette, accolade. For whoever wants just the one!

(My math may be off with some of the pricing of my suggestions but this is just an example to make a point)

This I feel would be a fair solution. At least in my opinion. I hope that this is addressed and made right in a fair way. 

• Like 9

You're welcome to dislike their stance, but DE didn't trick anyone.  They were very transparent about what the pack contained, what its price was, and how long it would be available.  Nobody is being tricked here.

And their response is also correct: if there are people who bought it because they liked the exclusivity of it, removing that exclusivity would undermine the reason for their purchase.  It's the same reason DE doesn't let anyone buy Excalibur Prime.

Not saying there aren't arguments to be made against FOMO, but to suggest that anyone was tricked is simply not reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

"We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics"

It was YOUR idea to trick them with a FOMO, and now you're using them as a SHIELD so that you can't make the changes that would matter.

That's the scummiest thing that you could have done.

Another clown who thinks they can talk on behalf of others.

I speak for myself. I bought the Heirloom Pack yesterday because I like Frost now after the Overguard changes and his Augment for Avalanche.

In case you missed it, there was extra information in my reason for buying the pack because I made an informed decision about it, not tricked, not lied to.

All that you folks have to go on is "FOMO this" and "FOMO that", and what's worse is you hide behind a veil of altruism when talking about it.  As if you're trying to save the poor defenseless community from being "brainwashed". And what's worse is how "real" you all keep trying to make it seem, even comparing it to actual psychological conditions lol. As of today, FOMO is not a Recognised Diagnosable Psychological Condition. It remains an impulse control issue. You're not saving anyone from anything. And thinking you are is the real "scummiest thing you could have done".

• Like 2

I support this and will do likewise. the attempt at gaslighting is seriously making the whole situation just so much worse, it's not even funny. it has been a while since I sent money their way, but it is also the last unless the actual issues brought up are addressed. at this point I'd be shocked if they dared to even speak about it without lying to our faces. shame on you, DE. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I support this and will do likewise. the attempt at gaslighting is seriously making the whole situation just so much worse, it's not even funny. it has been a while since I sent money their way, but it is also the last unless the actual issues brought up are addressed. at this point I'd be shocked if they dared to even speak about it without lying to our faces. shame on you, DE. 

Yup

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Learicorn said:

They just made this into a megathread so they can dump every complaint about the price in here and never have to read it. If y'all needed proof that they don't care about any of you or your feedback this is it right here 🤣🤣

I like how they rewarded those that purchased it already with more plat instead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiendir said:

Worst part of all; you knew this backlash would happen. This is the exact same problem of the initial Regal Aya disaster. And worse, it has the exact same objectively S#&$ty solution of "devalue plat even more" that is at best... Ignorant. Very ignorant. And at worst, downright malicious and deliberate.

Yeah of all the goofball things that surrounds this situation I find this one to be the most peculiar.  Whenever I hear discussions in other GAAS games specifically with premium currency WF is always brought up as an example of a good system with it.  Yet the introduction and now further inclusion of a second premium currency that directly competes with platinum in many areas seems to be at odds with how WF has always been.  It boggles the mind that a company would consider hurting one of the objectively good things about their game especially when so many people use it as what is essentially free advertising for DE.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Knight Raime said:

Yeah of all the goofball things that surrounds this situation I find this one to be the most peculiar.  Whenever I hear discussions in other GAAS games specifically with premium currency WF is always brought up as an example of a good system with it.  Yet the introduction and now further inclusion of a second premium currency that directly competes with platinum in many areas seems to be at odds with how WF has always been.  It boggles the mind that a company would consider hurting one of the objectively good things about their game especially when so many people use it as what is essentially free advertising for DE.

But it's still the best by a mile.

It's cute how people automatically treat this as a new standard and not as an exception. Well, maybe it's truth, time will tell but for now consider this:

Heirloom Collection never meant to be cheap, in fact artificial value increase via inclusion of Royal Aya and Platinum is obviously intentional. Why? To give those skins "luxury goods" status by limiting availability. This are not some everyday Deluxe skins - this is Prada or Gucci of skins, this is limited edition commemorative Rolex. They aren't intended for everybody, just only a small group of players dedicated enough to dish out such an obnoxious sum of money. Otherwise they would be just another cheap piece collecting dust in closet.

Oh, and don't get me wrong - I'm 100% ok with it as long as it's once-in-10-years thing.

Edited by xGryphus

17 minutes ago, xGryphus said:

t's cute how people automatically treat this as a new standard and not as an exception. Well, maybe it's truth, time will tell but for now consider this:

Heirloom Collection never meant to be cheap, in fact artificial value increase via inclusion of Royal Aya and Platinum is obviously intentional. Why? To give those skins "luxury goods" status by limiting availability. This are not some everyday Deluxe skins - this is Prada or Gucci of skins, this is limited edition commemorative Rolex. They aren't intended for everybody, just only a small group of players dedicated enough to dish out such an obnoxious sum of money. Otherwise they would be just another cheap piece collecting dust in closet.

Oh, and don't get me wrong - I'm 100% ok with it as long as it's once-in-10-years thing.

DE has given me some of my favorite skins for free (dex series). I can't see myself labeling them as greedy and unethical over one incident.  Maybe this one instance may not have been the best, but it doesn't erase all the good they've done, to me. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Knight Raime said:

Yet the introduction and now further inclusion of a second premium currency that directly competes with platinum in many areas seems to be at odds with how WF has always been.  It boggles the mind that a company would consider hurting one of the objectively good things about their game especially when so many people use it as what is essentially free advertising for DE.

It's because Platinum has devaluated its premium currency use due the trading system. People say that Platinum has to be bought to be added to the total pool and that's right, but it's been 10 years since DE made that change and there are many users hoarding and using the very same plat, instead of it ending in the store. The biggest getaway to this fact is that you can see people asking for the skins for plat and in the next post see they recognize they trade for it and pay maybe 5$ and call it a day.

Regal Aya also solves a secondary issue, which is allowing them to let the player choose directly what accessories they want and which ones not. Value of regal aya is technically arbitrary, because you can change how much is included in the bundle and how much an accessory costs at any time.

No other game I know of has their premium currency tradeable. Other games like League have skin shards and other premium items given away for free as lootboxes, but they also make money hooking people up to buy and open them, which probably makes them more money and is much more predatory.

So while Warframe's system is good for players, it's not really good for the health of DE as a business in the long term, and perhaps not even good for the health of a positive community: I've played a ton of games (many much more toxic) where people are never made fun of buying their premium currency. In Warframe I've experienced the opposite. I wonder how this will be in another 10 years.

Just in another post I was reading how a player was saying the value of plat was lower due them not allowing to buy the skins with it, while the Zenith bundle is offering for 10 EUR cheaper 2100 than the normal plat bundle, coming second to Prime Access' second tier in monetary value. So I think that should be indicative of something.

Edited by NightmareT12
Incomplete message
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Ive been playing Warframe for 10 years, my starter was Loki and the Game was R A W back then...

Ive Played and Grinded every corner of this Game, I completed all Achievements and Im up to date with all Content.
I got all Kuva and Tenet Weapons (what a pain), every Prime Warframe, I unlocked every Subsumed Ability, Ive Min Maxed
every Build and perfected my Set-Up for every Type of Mission. Ive even hunted down every Kuria and every Cephalon Fragment.
I got in Love with the Lotus in The Second Dream, my Heart crushed by The Sacrifice and my Mind blown by The New War and The Duviri Paradox

Ive watched every Devstream, every Tennocon and I engaged with this magnificent and wholesome Community, helping Newbies get strong,
giving away Stuff, citing the Wiki like its "The Sacred Texts". Convincing my Friends to Play, creating my own Clan and grind with me for hours

Ive even posted my Ideas and Suggestions on this Forums and Ive seen so many others do so. Some of these Suggestions, the most Important
and the ones the Community was most vocal about were addressed and implemented, I personally Suggested Gara Kaleida keeping her Glass Armor
and the Back Holster for Glaives a-la TRON, but Ive also seen stuff like Coptering, and the Kubrow Eggs Slot Machine being 
acknowledged

This acknowledgement and utter RESPECT to the Community encouraged me to Commit and open my Wallet to Warframe and DE

I spent LOTS of Money, Catalysts, Forma, Slots, Decorations I have (almost) every Deluxe Skin, I bought 2 Prime Access,4 Prime Accessories
and a TON of Tennogen stuff. Ive always been glad to Support this Game because it has the best F2P Model ever made and DE
puts his F2P Players first, or at least they used to... I was ready to Support Warframe for 10 more years

However this is a sort of farewell, I will come back to play every Quest because I just need to know more
about this Mind-blowing Lore DE is crafting, but I will not spend a single dime more because for the celebration
of 10 years we got (for the first time ever) Two Deluxe Skins locked behind a Paywall and FOMO, I understand DE needs to
make Money and Ive been always glad to help out because I knew F2P Players were able to participate in the True Endgame (FashionFrame)
regardless if they could spend Money or not. 
But it seems these Players are not DE's priority anymore and I wouldnt be at Peace with myself
if I supported these new Predatory Monetization Tactics, I just cant...

If DE makes the Frost and Mag Deluxe Skins available for Plat like did not so long ago with the Protovyre Volt and Mesa Deluxe Skins then
 will open my Wallet again (make them 550 Platinum each for all I care, but do it), and I will be there to give DE my Money and keep
engaging with Warframe like Ive been doing for the last 10 years. But if not then my Support ends right now effective immediately
and I will pour my Passion, Time and Money on a different Game.

I wish I could say DE is the same studio that has always been but that is clearly not the case,
They are changing and I dont like the path they are taking, I just cant get behind this....

Thanks for 10 Years of Warframe, to DE and the Community, I wish the best for Warframe but I will not support Predatory Monetization

Luke Grimes Frown GIF by Yellowstone

Your old topic was merged, no need to make a new one

DE out here acting like refunds aren't a thing that exists.

Change the terms to not be time exclusive, offer refunds for people that feel shorted by them not being exclusive anymore. Urge people to not spend their Regal Aya because that'll delay the process of the refund.

It'll be a lot of effort, but that's not our fault. We didn't make the mess. We shouldn't have to suffer a manipulative, fomo driven, inflated deal because "Oh it wouldn't be fair to the people we manipulated already and refunds don't exist what are those loolooloo."

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Your old topic was merged, no need to make a new one

It's well known that this is how the forum mods consolidate negative feedback around here. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked, negative feedback is considered "off topic" after a certain point.

• Like 7

hace 1 minuto, Kaiga dijo:

It's well known that this is how the forum mods consolidate negative feedback around here. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked, negative feedback is considered "off topic" after a certain point.

This is why they keep deleting my Post and copy-pasting it as a Comment on other Posts? 

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1