The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

If they would've done this at pretty much any other time, without the auxiliary attachments, and with frames that don't have pretty poor skin options in the game (To be Fair frost's deluxe isn't bad I just personally hate how buff it is), Like say, Excaliber and Nyx, which would've acted as a direct homage to their most Dark-Sector inspired frames. I think this would've been swept under the rug really easily. The fomo whales still would've bought it like they do everything, and noone else would have cared all that much.

But doing this as a 10th anniversary celebration thing, with a type of attachment most players have been wanting for ages, and two frames that really needed a glow up? That's just plain malicious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

• The 10-year accolade being locked behind a cash-only paywall feels particularly yucky. Players who buy plat have still supported the game. Players who buy merch have still supported the game. Having the only way to visually show your support on your ingame profile being to pay cash for it just feels yucky. The accolade specifically should either be part of the other 10-year content like the Dex Operator suit, or should be given freely to anyone who has purchased anything over the past 10 years. Wouldn't that just feel so much nicer?

You don't have to understand any of this, but not understanding someone doesn't make them "entitled".

This is one of my biggest gripes especially with the $40 pack(my countrie's price) which essentially includes garbage and just the accolade. Really, really gross imo.

• Like 5

On 2023-08-26 at 2:49 PM, Sasorika said:

Guys, start breaking down these things before complaining.

2 Skins , 165p each = 18€
600p = 30€
6 aya´s = 18€

_____

66€ 

Color Palette  = 70p =5€ 

all the extras inside  that pack....

I say sounds fair.

Source:
https://www.warframe.com/buyplatinum

It's only fair if you want the extra stuff.  What if you just want to buy just the skins and don't want the extra stuff?  That extra stuff is just artificially increasing the price for no reason since you can't buy the skins by themselves.  I would be more interested in buying the Frost skin alone if I could as I don't need any platinum or regal aya really.

Edited by Urazz82
  • Like 5

They've been doing this for the last few years. Regal Aya is like $6 a coin? Incredibly inflexible.

There's then the other issue of bundle only items. I'm not buying a bundle of 4-5 items to get a single exclusive item for that pack. You don't even get duplicate protection. You're throwing that money away. 

And with upcoming cross-saving its extremely notable that there is a huge disparity between the value of PC platinum which can get multiple 75% coupons spawned in-game, and console plat which relies heavily on the store itself discounting it. And even then never goes above 50% off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Urazz82 said:

It's only fair if you want the extra stuff.  What if you just want to buy just the skins and don't want the extra stuff?  That extra stuff is just artificially increasing the price for no reason since you can't buy the skins by themselves.  I would be more interested in buying the Frost skin alone if I could as I don't need any platinum or regal aya really.

I don't see the issue here, everyone paid for collections like that for years, there are a lot of exclusive bundle stuffs on the market.

About the price, when i first saw those skins i was expecting something between 200~400$ for the quality of the skins, the actual price is more than fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

It's not similar outside of pricing, though, and there are many reasons people are upset beyond just the price point.

Speaking only for only myself:

• I want DE to monetize the game too. That's why I buy platinum and Regal Aya, which I cannot spend on these packs like I can on all other deluxe skins. So unless someone is asking for these packs to be completely free, there is no "entitlement" here. I'm a paying customer and I want to pay for these cosmetics with the premium currency I've already paid for. That's why I paid for it!
  • People have always raised concerns about exclusive content that never returns. This isn't a new criticism, it's just the most recent and highest profile instance.
  • People have always raised concerns about how bundles are padded with unwanted items. This also isn't a new criticism, and many actions have been taken by DE to allow bundled content to be purchased individually. An easy example is Prime Accessories, which were only added as a separate purchasing option later. Another easy example is the Lunar Renwal content, which had bundle-exclusive content but, after obvious and immediate controversy, every year following has allowed the bundled items to be purchased individually.
  • These are full deluxe skins, not the single weapon skin or Orbiter decoration like those found in other cash-only exclusive supporter packs. If you wanted to compare it to Prime Access, it'd be like locking a Prime frame's appearance behind the PA paywall which obviously they do not do.
  • These will never return, unlike Prime Access accessories which always returns later, at a cheaper price, that can be purchased individually, using a premium currency people can have already purchased.
  • The 10-year accolade being locked behind a cash-only paywall feels particularly yucky. Players who buy plat have still supported the game. Players who buy merch have still supported the game. Having the only way to visually show your support on your ingame profile being to pay cash for it just feels yucky. The accolade specifically should either be part of the other 10-year content like the Dex Operator suit, or should be given freely to anyone who has purchased anything over the past 10 years. Wouldn't that just feel so much nicer?

You don't have to understand any of this, but not understanding someone doesn't make them "entitled".

I feel exactly the same way. Ive probably spent over 1k dollars on this game on plat and access/accessories packs.

I love warframe and i like supporting DE but this feels like theyre milking it.

• Like 4

Please reconsider the monetization structure this new cosmetic brings.

80 usd pricetag + a limited time offering is something I expect in lesser live service games, not Warframe.

The last 10 years of this game have been an incredible example of how to sustainably monetize a F2P game in a way that's fair, accesible and non-predatory. This new pack is a step in the opposite direction, and something I hope is not repeated in the future.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

This is genuinely absolute blindness at this point.

DE can afford to host a yearly Convention. DE can afford to drop 200k on a Charity at the same time as dropping 10k on a damn Cosplay Contest. DE can afford to make an entire separate game. DE can afford to farm out their resources and servers to Wayfinder. DE have been bought and invested in and sponsored in such huge amounts that they can afford to sponsor other companies to market for them.

I get that, I really do.
However, the point was more to illustrate that making money is a requirement, if not a goal.

Free-to-Play games make their money through monetization.
HOW they do so is more of a concern than why they do so though.

In DE's case? They've been known for years for having fair and just prices.
Ones that aren't intrusive to the customer. There is no fault in making money in a way that everyone supports.
But that MUST NOT go to their head and let them run rampant.

But as far as your statement in concerned? Yes. DE can afford many things.
Which is another reason why the Bundle's pricing is outrageous and the tactics of FOMO and Item Bloat to increase it's price is disgusting on more levels than JUST DE's history.
I don't disagree with your mindset, but it's just not a constant. It IS a good point as to why DE needs to backpedal on the stupidity.

9 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"There is huge FOMO"

There isn't. As much as I wish there was some middle ground here, there isn't any of that either. 120 days plus what's left of August.

Fun drinking game!

Take a shot every time somebody says "It isn't FOMO!" and dismisses the whole thing where it's going to permanently vanish at the same time.
I guarantee you'll be inebriated by the end of the hour, if not dead.

So, deluxe warframe skins usually cost 165 plat alone. Im not going to include the signas in this as that wouldnt be fair nor possible, I have no frame of reference for the cost and im not going to "guess" if its like solo accessories. Emotes are 25 plat each. Colour Pallettes are 75 plat. Glyphs are 10/15/20, so averages 15 plat. And 600 plat is 600 plat. All adds up to 1045 worth of platinum. 1000 platinum (discounted) on the marketplace is €50. So for arguments sake let's say 1045 plat then is €50.25.

Okay, here's a counterpoint though:

I can get 165 Platinum in about 30 minutes by trades! Sometimes more in just ONE trade that takes 2 minutes!
Sure, somebody had to buy that platinum.

You know who did? Prime Access/Resurgence folks!

Comparing them to Deluxe Skins is a moot point because we CAN find alternatives to it.
Ones of which don't require us to spend an extra 40-something$ JUST for the Regal Aya that nobody asked for.

The Emotes, Glyphs, etc, etc. are dumb anyway.

• If you use Emotes? Chances are it's to flex.
    • You use it for 3 seconds and than put it away.
    • Most emotes in this game are dances anyway which loop.
    • I got the Tennocon 2019 emote. I rarely use it.
    • I got the Steel Meridian Combat Emote. I use that a lot because I find it fun.
    • The latter costed me 0 platinum because I got it from Steel Meridian's offerings.
    • I could sell it if I wanted to though.
  • Glyphs are glorified Profile Icons.
  • Color Palettes? Unless this is unlocked a free color slider to which I can pick ANY color from? I do not care.
    • I mean, we have literal freebies given out all the time of this.
    • Most others can be bought at any time with Platinum.
  • Profile Emblem.
    • You could legit make this...
    • It's own seperate purchase...
    • and nothing of value would be lost.
  • Platinum + Regal Aya.
    • Hey
    • Guess what
    • Platinum is only added with the junk-bloating.
    • Regal Aya I'd rather just buy outright.
    • Tah dah?

Very much is a mob mentality. I'll proceed by prov-- yeah, no. I'm not even gonna you the courtesy of finishing that.

You've pointed out four things of irrelevance:

1. "People aren't forced to buy"
    Yeah, we still want to buy it to support the game.
    Just not when it's the price of a whole AAA game.
    I'd legit rather buy Armored Core or Splatoon 3.
    Two games I've been looking at a good while now.
  2. "There's no FOMO"
    The whole point of the time limit is to pressure buyers into it.
    So that they can ease all the garbage we don't want into the pack.
    LITERALLY. FOMO. TACTICS. This isn't subtle or anything, it's right there.
  3. "People have problems with it"
    Yeah, that's why we're making a fuss about it.
    Because the Regal Aya serves no purpose to those who pay often.
    ... and just makes those who don't shy away from an inflated price tag.
    Remove the Regal Aya? Far more acceptable.
    (Also as I said, the Platinum is only with the Junk.)
  4. "Pricing is fair!"
    Scroll up.

But man, sure is a mob mentality! Almost like we're onto something.
Naaaaaah, that can't be the case!

Sit down.
Y'know, before revelation decides to knock ya down.

True. What's false though is acting like 120+ days isnt enough time for any rational person to decide if they want something or not.

... who cares how many days are left?
It's the fact it's going away PERMANENTLY after that.

Look, I'm already annoyed at Supporter Packs-- but at least most of their "exclusives" are profile icons.

9 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

They didn't stop it because we complained but because pundits with large followings on Twitter and Youtube complained.

Speaking of which, anybody want to ping them?
Possibly get the news out?
That'd be nice.

8 hours ago, MaleniaBladeofMiquella said:

I can't imagine having to tell your friend who you convinced to try the game that they can NEVER have the cool premium skin you have because they showed up a bit late is going to be enjoyable for most people. It's just a bad situation for everyone involved.

Funny thing is, DE could turn THAT part into a positive!

Oh, this cool player got someone into the game?
Well, if the newbie wants the skin, they can ask the vet where they got it.
They say it came from Tennocon Heirloom packs and the newbie gets excited for that time.

It's legit free advertising in a way. It's also why seasonal skins CAN work better than FOMO.
You have players actively enjoying the skin, which can entice other players who don't have it to pay attention when it DOES drop.

... but no, that'd be too easy.

6 hours ago, Vortex said:

I mean, a lot of founders literally supported this for the first time and was happy for the past 10 years for it, a lot just sitted in relays or any mission with your excalibur prime while everyone else was crying because of the lost oportunity, but you all was happy with your ego in the skies.

But magically the same guys now are crying because someone else can be more exclusive than them if they don't keep "supporting like a hero" as they always said.

Sounds like someone is projecting a bit.

If it matters to you? The novelty doesn't really matter to most Founders, y'know.
That's not me saying that either.

Almost every single one I've talked to either sees it as a burden (due to people like you giving them flak) or just doesn't care.
They most likely originally paid for the game to stay alive. Excal Prime and such was just a bonus.

Vanity, I didn't think it could exist in 2023... well, now I know.

6 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

a person who was clearly out of their depth talking about a subject they dont know about

God, why do I think of this when you talk?
This one bit.
This one tiny exchange.

God...

https://youtu.be/Oh8AsXWcBbc?si=ga57PvYEkcm_enDl&t=666

As much as I don't like SAO, this parody has a lot of comical writing.
Most of it being satire to the MMO genre. Rightfully so.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Regardless, people shouldn't be pitchforking individuals for spending on it. 

It's a rigged situation, in a way.

Those who want change need to raise their spears.
Those who wish for things to stay as they are hoist their shields.

DE watches as souls are collected upon a blighted battlefield anyway.

Metaphors, sure. Not too far from the usual.
These "battles" are so tired and exhausted, at some point? We all can agree that the issue lies at the core.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I don't much like people being excessively dramatic about this kind of thing. It reeks of entitlement. 

DE makes it so feedback is largely effective when it's against their agenda.
So we have to employ such measure, despite it being mentally taxing to all of us.

We enjoy the game, but there often many aspects of life that just evils of the system.
You can find such things outside of Video Games as a whole even.

Reeking of entitlement? Perspective.
The bundle reeking of greed? You don't need eyes- or even a nose- to figure that one out.

1 hour ago, Zeshil said:

To quote Vey Hek: THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

"Really now DE, my Roller Balls are sharper than you!"

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

About that

AND SO IT BEGINS.
Faster than expected, actually.

17 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I don't see the issue here

Don't worry, if everything so far hasn't been clear?
Perhaps you ca-

You know what, no. Not even gonna entertain it.

image.png

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

What if they did something like the thing a lot of people are asking for? I dunno, less people would be angry. What do you think would happen?

No because, just like people are thinking DE is trying to price gouge them, this forum is also famous for trying to milk DE and get stuff through childish methods. I think $60 is fair for the kit and itemizing the kit is not the goal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No because, just like people are thinking DE is trying to price gouge them, this forum is also famous for trying to milk DE and get stuff through childish methods. I think $60 is fair for the kit and itemizing the kit is not the goal.

Plenty would much prefer to have the bundles itemized like other bundles have been in the past.

But I guess you've already decided people here are just trying to "milk DE and get stuff through childish methods". That says a lot.

• Like 5

I am a supporter of good ethical practices, financially and morally, in game development. It allows me to easily conduct a litmus test as to whether something ANYTHING is worth my time and money and patience. Warframe has passed with flying colors. I started playing during COVID. The story resonated with me personally, the gameplay loop is addicting, and the fashion was scratched that itch that Def Jam Fight for New York did (aka Barbies). As someone who only buys plat on with coupons or through trades, I was kind of excited for this rumored Heirloom pack. It takes a lot to get me excited for Warframe. I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop and for DE to fail the litmus test. And this pack had my spider-sense ringing left and right as being predatory and money-grabbing. Maybe it's not but the optics are not good.

Change it DE. Let us buy the skins without the ancillary things. The biggest thing that sets Warframe apart (FOR ME) is the choice to do something: I can pay plat to rush an item, I can pay plat to not run a mission a thousand times to get a mod, I can pay plat to not pray to RNG for gem hunting, I can choose to focus on building up confidence and skills with the 53 warframes at my disposal and the many many game modes. I can choose to not pay plat for anything which I've done for the better part of 1.5 years. I can choose to play Warframe over any other game after a long day. I can choose to sink my money and time into DE with the purchase of their artbook (which I did).

Choose DE. Stay the hero or become the villain.

• Like 4

We've already had some FOMO packs in the past. The New War and Sisters of Parvos Supporter Packs also had exclusive cosmetics tied to them too. Where were you guys the last 2 years complaining about those. I.e: Boomie Glave Skin and Ambassador Tenet Skin.

The Price is definitely just being inflated due to being bundled with Regal Aya you can't opt out of. Also it seems to have regional pricing in effect as I am able to buy it for 168 Malaysian Ringgit which is roughly 37 USD.

https://steamdb.info/sub/918522/

Just now, Atomic_Noodles said:

We've already had some FOMO packs in the past. The New War and Sisters of Parvos Supporter Packs also had exclusive cosmetics tied to them too. Where were you guys the last 2 years complaining about those. I.e: Boomie Glave Skin and Ambassador Tenet Skin.

Yea those suck too. There's your complaint.

• Like 1

I don’t agree with how they are selling these skins but I did end up paying for them since I’m a long time player and don’t want to regret passing them like Excalibur Prime, I don’t particularly care for Excalibur but still I regret not owning him since I do care about my collection. And just my own opinion everything in the bundle doesn’t really matter to me except the halos and I do really enjoy the mag skin, everything else I don’t really care about. Hopefully they change it and don’t keep doing skins like this in the future.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

A good reflection of someone who buys the package.

A youtuber rant is never a good reflection. They will ALWAYS gravitate towards rage bait so people post them.  People shouldn't use youtubers to form their opinions. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

I don't see the issue here, everyone paid for collections like that for years, there are a lot of exclusive bundle stuffs on the market.

About the price, when i first saw those skins i was expecting something between 200~400$ for the quality of the skins, the actual price is more than fair.

200-400$ XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Insane person

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

The Price is definitely just being inflated due to being bundled with Regal Aya you can't opt out of. Also it seems to have regional pricing in effect as I am able to buy it for 168 Malaysian Ringgit which is roughly 37 USD.

https://steamdb.info/sub/918522/

Ah yes, the Ambassador Tenet skin. I mean, the regular Ambi just looks like this 

Ambassador.png

But the Ambassador Tenet? Oh man, it's completely different. Let me show you what you're missing!

Spoiler

Ambassador-Tenet-Skin.png

Yeah, THAT'S why no one really cares about the Ambassador Tenet skin.

Also, like. It's the Ambassador? That's another reason. 

The Boomie Glaive is good and it's a bummer to not have it, but it's a lot easier for people to ignore because, like, it's a weapon, not a whole warframe. Also I think people have a relatively high confidence that it will re-emerge at some point (maybe around Yareli Prime). 

Edited by ShogunGunshow
  • Like 9