The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Ah yes, the Ambassador Tenet skin. I mean, the regular tenet just looks like this 

Ambassador.png

But the Ambassador Tenet? Oh man, it's completely different. Let me show you what you're missing!

Hide contents

Ambassador-Tenet-Skin.png

Yeah, THAT'S why no one really cares about the Ambassador Tenet skin.

Also, like. It's the Ambassador? That's another reason. 

The Boomie Glaive is good and it's a bummer to not have it, but it's a lot easier for people to ignore because, like, it's a weapon, not a whole warframe. Also I think people have a relatively high confidence that it will re-emerge at some point (maybe around Yareli Prime). 

Yeah, this is something I think a lot of people overlook. Most timed cosmetics ie. weapon skins, color pallets, ephemeras, etc. aren't explicitly labeled as exclusive one time events and pretty much always show up in either Barro's inventory or the Nightwave track eventually. In contrast DE have made it exceptionally clear that the heirloom skins are going to be gone forever after the availability window. It's easy to say, "Oh they'll bring it back eventually" if it's worded vaguely. But when it's this blatant people start to notice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

you're probably screaming into the void

This is the internet in 2023.
The screaming never dies.

49 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

A youtuber rant is never a good reflection. They will ALWAYS gravitate towards rage bait so people post them.  People shouldn't use youtubers to form their opinions.

So what you suppose we do?
Scream into the Forums until it gets fixed?

Well, that's working quite well so far.
If I had a Youtube channel big enough to make a dent, I'd do it too.
... or a Twitch channel.
... or whatever else.

Just not Twitter. I draw the line at that.

45 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Also, like. It's the Ambassador? That's another reason.

Man, I still would like the Ambassador to get a major upgrade.
... but that's a story for another day.

46 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

The Boomie Glaive is good and it's a bummer to not have it

As someone who loves my Halikar? It does suck to not have it.
... but I dunno, my Halikar as is kinda does the trick.

The Boomie Glaive skin from what I've seen on someone who does it tends to be REALLY big and that's... ehhh...
Still unacceptable though.

37 minutes ago, MaleniaBladeofMiquella said:

Most timed cosmetics ie. weapon skins, color pallets, ephemeras, etc. aren't explicitly labeled as exclusive one time events and pretty much always show up in either Barro's inventory or the Nightwave track eventually.

Most of them aren't paid either.
That's also why PAID cosmetics that are a one-time thing are often so contentious.
We know DE can bring back the Paracyst Zebra Skin for all of one (1) players needing it.

Almost ALL of the paid cosmetics come back unless it's part of some 3rd party promotion.
(Amazon Prime and the Iridos/Verv Skins comes to mind)

Seeing it here? Eugh.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really honest to say the regal aya makes up half the value of the pack, since the regal aya pack that includes 6 aya (7) also comes with 400p. Here you get 6 aya and 600p. So if you arent interested in the aya you really only lose value equal to 6 aya out of the 6 aya + 400p back. Since if you are going to claim packs are consistently valued, then that applies to aya packs aswell.

So he skins suddenly end up far cheaper if you actually pay for the other items like Aya and Plat aswell. Which also means the exclusivity of these skins isnt accounted for, nor the extra work that has gone into the rigging of the universal halos for every frame, along with new adjustment mechanics that players can use as they see fit/needed. Or that the halos simply are universal for that matter.

And the exclusivity, two universal halos, new mechanics for rigging those etc. surely is worth around 15 euro or whatever currency you might use if regal aya is of absolutely no value to you.

but i have no value for regal aya since i already paid all that S#&$ following all the older prime releases.

DE have zero idea what kind of audience they are targeting thats for sure.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And at what value is that? You reason as if the plat is set at the worst possible value while it really isnt the case since the cosmetics themselves are not based only on current deluxe skins since they are limited collector type items. I mean it has been covered already what the bare value is in the pack. But since the skins and halos likely have a higher value you also end up with what is effectively discounted plat/aya. Sure it sucks if you dont want the aya, but you are still not looking at more than around €15 of things you dont have any use for at that point, which is with skins valued at the lowest possible and without halos included at all.

That is €15 spread across 8 items, with skins valued at the lowest and halos not taken into account, with the worst possible return regarding plat pricing aswell from the pack. Which means the halos probably eat up around €8-10 already out of that, leaving €5-7 spread across the other 6 items.

If you literally compare tier 2 prime access to this you get far more for less cost though.  

A prime warframe, two weapons, some glyphs, 2.6k platinum (able to get far more than the items available in heirloom pack, disregarding the fact we dont know plat value of new item types).

Compared to a pack that needlessly gives you 6 regal aya to arbitrarily inflate the value of the pack. And in order to get both prime sets you need to purchase more regal aya than you actually have use for on top of an inflated $100 pack. You get 6 regal aya and need 4 more to get both primes bundled, requiring two purchases of 3 or one purchase of 7 leaving you with leftover. 

And that value is being arbitrarily inflated with the regal aya. The pack can be perfectly calculated to include the value of everything in the pack but it can still be considered terrible value because of whats included in the pack and whats not available elsewhere. This goes beyond just a dollar amount. And I'm looking at close to half the value of the pack being disregarded or to permanently sacrifice parts of the unique bundle, thats terrible just to justify a few cosmetics with permanent FOMO. 

I'm sorry but thats not how people are going to value it. If they don't want or need the regal aya they aren't going to want to consider that in the value of the pack, because the inclusion of regal aya is completely unnecessary to a lot of people (and more likely those who have supported DE the most) and should have been an entirely optional pack on top of one that doesn't force you into buying 'not enough regal aya', let alone the layers of other problems with these packs. And in disregarding the regal aya and platinum I am disregarding like $40+ of the pack (plat and regal aya combined,  leaving a $60~ pack that gives me far less than if I spend like $20 more and got prime access. That does not feel like good value at all when I feel like I have consistently gotten more value out of their purchases. It doesn't matter how I try and look at this, the value is arbitrarily inflated to me and brings down the value of the pack. 

And thats just part of the problem, disregarding the regal aya and considering the unique cosmetics at any particular value is terrible because theyre being arbitrarily inflated by the regal aya, the pack is nowhere near worth the $100 aud if you take out the regal aya and platinum, no amount of good deal in the pack is going to make me disregard a considerable chunk of its cost unless its actually free and the rest of whats available in the pack is clearly consistently valued with previous purchases. And to avoid paying for those two things if you don't want them you have to sacrifice unique items because the cheaper packs are separated in terrible ways that deincentivises buying them over the biggest pack or buy things you don't want that aren't even needed alongside the cosmetics for most.

• Like 8

I came out of that amazing, mind melting showcase, ready to support and reward Warframe for doing so many cool things. So I foolishly bought into the Heirloom pack for 96usd and then quickly realized how terrible the deal really is.

If your Tennocon 10 year celebration cosmetics can't be free, at least give us a scaling discount. 10% off for each year that your account has existed. If you played the full 10 years, then its free. 

I'm embaressed to be seen wearing these cosmetics to be honest. It's shameful. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Do you know the only thing that could be taken away from all of this? And its a shame too because it genuinely looks like a lot of effort went into it, just for it to end up being things answered previously and loop-dee-loop points repeating. This:

"regularly available"

It's a term that everyone moaning about this has somehow miraculously shared throughout multiple non-connected posts, yet its not a common phrase. To cut a long explanation short without having to discuss the intricacies of "mirroring", it's being used by multiple people at the same time because each and every one of them is terrified of saying anything that sounds like players may purchase Aya/Plat later, because rightfully so it'd accidentally go against the entire point yous are trying to make. It actually already does of course, it has been noticed, but I thought it would be nice to at least draw attention to the fact that it's known considering my previous mob mentality comment.

I don't even know what you're trying to say at this point. I'm pretty confident theres a hell of a lot more you could be taking from this than your stupid mirroring argument. I think what your doing is genuinely detrimental to the health of the game. It feels like you're downplaying all criticism against this just because you don't care enough about it.

Mirroring is not when people coincidentally share a perspective. We just happen to share perspectives because its valid criticism.

Theres consistent "loop dee loops" because the points are pretty clear and consistently hated.  

Coincidentally having people share a perspective =/= mirroring. 

People are consistently saying its regularly available because thats a pretty clear concise and relevant point. A huge chunk of the cost of the pack is permanently available outside the pack, but for many requires purchasing something you don't want that is permanently available to get the items that aren't permanently available. Its a pretty damn relevant point to make, no S#&$ people are going to be consistently using that point. 

"every one of them is terrified of saying anything that sounds like players may purchase Aya/Plat later"

I'm sorry but I think thats a really stupid point, I'm not terrified of saying that, in fact thats something that ties into this. I want to purchase regal aya if and when I want to, not so I don't miss out on items that are never going to be available again. I don't want to be pushed into buying it WHEN i don't want to. I might have use for regal aya 2-3 years from now, but you know what I'd want to do? Buy it then when I know I want something. Not ignore it to justify a pack thats never returning ever again and let it sit in my account potentially never being used. The fact that regal aya is regularly available is a core point of this argument so it is going to be repeated, using something that is regularly available to arbitrarily inflate the cost of a pack of unique items that are never returning is terrible and criticising it is entirely valid. 

• Like 6

You deserve to enjoy them for this opinion alone.

It's worth a shot asking for a refund like the first comment said but I doubt DE would give it to you. Cus that would require them to remove stuff from your inventory. I was told by support that they can't do that for fear of corrupting your save, when I encountered an issue where I got 40 something stalker sigils in my inventory and they all show up individually in the sigil menu instead of stacking. This is still a thing. They have not done anything to fix this when all they need to do is make stalker's sigil salable. I am not the only one that got this bug.

If that was a lie over being too lazy to repair damage caused by a bug, then I would be beyond shocked if they went and did that for you, not only taking the inconvenience but a monetary loss. And if it wasn't a lie then they just can't do it.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm not encouraging spam, but everyone should be bringing up Update 23.1.2 in their feedback. This was the update they added separate accessory packs to Prime Vault. I took the time to dig this up, and I hope players mention this along with their Regal Aya and Founders comparisons:

"Thanks to your feedback, this is also the first time we’re offering separate Prime Accessory Packs!"

People need to bring appropriate evidence to the table that actually teaches newer players that they're being shafted for no good reason past "this doesn't feel right" or just the mention of "this was similar to a past event".

good point.

• Like 3

En 26/8/2023 a las 19:55, Binket_ dijo:

Okay, so let's get down to business.

DE. While I can believe you've come to this, I still don't want to.
You are asking players for:

• 92.99 Canadian Dollars, not including related taxes of course.
  • 68.32 United States Dollars, converted using Google.
  • 63.32 European Euros, converted using Google.
  • 106.41 Australian Dollars, converted using Google.
  • Etc, etc.
  • This is all assuming these conversions are direct and are not locked behind taxes or regional policies, of course.

... for a pair of skins that we- while we find pretty- is locked behind a LIMITED TIME offer.
One of which is less than half the year remaining.
A bundle of which contains a bunch of garbage we don't care for to artificially inflate the price.

You know what? I let Prime Access slide. You know why? We can always find it another time.
It was an option for players who like to spend the money to get something worthwhile, but you were never pressured into doing so.

600 Platinum? I can make this 5 trades on PC.
Sure, that Platinum comes from people who pay-- but that's one of the ways you're keeping us invested to even PLAY this game.
In addition, we kinda NEED to trade for Platinum. What with all the Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, Formas, Slots and more to get.

6 Regal Aya? It's 41.99 CAD for 7 Regal Aya.
Personally? I find this to be excessively expensive, but it's feasible.
Because at least I won't have to worry about THOSE options suddenly getting sent to the infamous FOMO abyss.

Now, let me ask you a question...

How much is 92.99 CAD worth to you?
With that? I could buy:

• Groceries to last a few days.
  • Materials to supply hobbies. Masonry or Pottery comes to mind.
  • A nice date to take a loved one out on.
  • Means to travel, enjoy the world.
  • Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon on Steam right now!
    • With some funds to spare! Maybe I'll buy some Tennogen instead.
    • At least some of THAT profit is going to an artist.
    • Y'know, allegedly.
    • Also not limited by FOMO!
  • Literally any title in the Borderlands series on Steam.
  • Splatoon 3 on the Nintendo Switch. (Physical cartridge is even an option!)
  • Roughly 13 whole 12-packs of Mountain Dew from Wal-Mart, if you're going to go that degenerate.
  • Commissioned Artist for a project of one's own. Where one has free reign over it. (No color channels needed!)
  • You get the point.

To me, 92.99 CAD ain't worth dropping on a bundle designed around predatory practices that the gaming community as a WHOLE has been getting increasingly sick of.
Not even the 71.99 CAD is worth the funds, even if we trim of that excess garbage. We rarely use emotes as is. I'm not justifying the price for a glorified PROFILE PICTURE.

But since apparently I'm taking too much time on this? I'll cut it short for hyperfixated eyesockets.
We are drowning in games that have Gacha, FOMO, Battle Passes, etc.
You are one of the few companies that was respected even a SMIDGE because we didn't have to worry about that.
Drop that? I- and I imagine many others- will drop your game all the same.

I didn't really care too much with "Prime Resurgence" because it wasn't that much different.
Most of the issues from that were stemming from your mishmashed words indicating it was an event.

You have a legal team and you've been doing this for 10 years. You backpedaled on that because everyone caught you.
The issue was fixed, money machine resumes as normal.

Now we face a much greater issue. You're going back on the principles that you got this far.
Is corporate self-destruction a trend lately or something? ... or you just seeing how much you can get away with?

If it's the latter, here's your wake up call.
We don't care if it's paid. That is nothing new to us.
We're are LIVID that it's a time-limited event that is CLEARLY STATED to never come back again.
Fix that and this will all blow over

I'm from Spain, Europe, and it costs 80 euros. More expensive than the conversion. Ridiculous.

• Like 9

Just curious as to why these aren't separate. Mag looks alright, but I just want the Frost hat. No need for the regal aya or platinum. Honestly, a bit stupid we can't use our platinum to purchase these items. Why would I spend 60 or 90 bucks for these and 6 regal Aya when 15 regal costs 80, and all primes are easily obtained by farming and/or trading. And cosmetics are bought with platinum which can technically be obtained without spending any money, but it usually originates from someone that spent money. 90 bucks for 600 Plat is criminal. And the 10 year accolade should be a gift to us loyal tenno who haven't abandoned this project. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, trst said:

Except they did give out free 10th anniversary cosmetics with the recall event and the dex suit. Even a free Prime Frame and weapon for those who watched the event live.

41 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

It's worth a shot asking for a refund like the first comment said but I doubt DE would give it to you.

41 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Cus that would require them to remove stuff from your inventory.

For me, it's mostly that this is unusualy predatory for DE. Just because they gave me one free skin, doesn't really excuse the charging of 100 dabloons for another set of skins. However, I'm giving a little bit of a free pass this one time since it's more of a supporter/founder pack. It's just a shame that it comes across as a scummy whale purchase. But damn it's a beautiful set of skins. 

• Like 2

I've mentioned this before, but my whole issue with this pack is the regal aya and platinum. I do not need this. My account is 10 years old and I have 4000 hours in this game. I have all the primed warframes/weapons  that regal aya could buy, by farming the game. The only primed cosmetics I even wanted, I already picked up. I do not need regal aya nor platinum.

Why is there no option of a bundle without regal aya and platinum at a properly adjusted price for those of us who do not need regal aya or platinum. So why are you trying to force me to buy a bundle with items I have no use for, just so I can get my hands on some exclusive cosmetics.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, ViperMax said:

I'm from Spain, Europe, and it costs 80 euros. More expensive than the conversion. Ridiculous.

Im from a dollarized(USD) country and they be listing it

- zenith for 89.99

- celestial 69.99

- risen 29.99

if your conversions are correct this would make it more of a travesty since the market listings wont even make sense against the conversions.

Adding my voice to the cacophony.

I've got no problem with paid supporter packs, I've bought a handful and skipped many of them. I do have a slight problem with exclusive cosmetics that are tied into bundles, such as what they started with the Baruuk Mandala pack and Deluxe Bundles - but the ones that are purchasable with Platinum I can generally overlook since Platinum is more accessible.

I do have a problem with inflating the value of the packs by stuffing them with "useless" Regal Aya. I would absolutely love to deck out my Mag and Frost with these amazing cosmetics, but I just can't justify spending the money on them, and I don't want to support what I consider a rather predatory business practice.

I would greatly appreciate the Mag and Frost skins being available in a bundle with no useless filler where they are closer to what they're actually worth. Unlike other exclusive skins I've made to choice to skip, these are Warframe skins and an exclusive new type of cosmetic (the crowns), which stings a bit more.

But also, I would like to say that I do not hate DE, I do not condone any hatred or uncivil behaviour towards them, I am simply disappointed in this decision of theirs, but have hope that they can amend the situation to be more equitable, like they have a good track record of doing in the past.

• Like 8

So basically TennoCon was a big success if they were successful in getting people, such as yourself, to purchase the Heirloom Pack!  I think there is a lesson to be learned here and you are showcasing it for others, so thank you for "taking one for the team!"   I will reflect on your choices and make an appropriate decision based upon those unfortunate choices.  Thank you for your post as it has saved me some money and dignity!

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

For me, it's mostly that this is unusualy predatory for DE. Just because they gave me one free skin, doesn't really excuse the charging of 100 dabloons for another set of skins. However, I'm giving a little bit of a free pass this one time since it's more of a supporter/founder pack. It's just a shame that it comes across as a scummy whale purchase. But damn it's a beautiful set of skins. 

It is a pricier bundle but they've been doing supporter bundles since Railjack. And well before that with the console exclusive bundles. Plus the pricing is fair for what's included, whether or not it should have the extra currencies as filler is worth questioning but is still in-line with other bundles.

So aside from the price point it's really not unusual for DE's standards.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I came out of that amazing, mind melting showcase, ready to support and reward Warframe for doing so many cool things. So I foolishly bought into the Heirloom pack for 96usd and then quickly realized how terrible the deal really is.

Well you've realised how quickly and easily you can be manipulated so really that's a pretty cheap life lesson for $96, it might just save you greater pain later on.

• Like 5

As someone who has been here since 2013 and bought the Founder's pack back in the day, the reason why I've always come back to Warframe again and again even though I've left many, many other games is because it has had fair monetization (with most things able to be gotten with plat, in-game hard work and trading, or fairly reasonable prices) and—most of all for me at least—did not encourage FOMO.

After Excal Prime, DE swore they would never again release important or highly valued items that people down the line would not be able to get. 

And that's what I respected about DE and Warframe—it was a light in the sea of games that rely on FOMO and other predatory practices to get people to buy NOW or rush to do content NOW, because it will go away and never come back again. Things like Prime Accessories, cosmetics in Nightwave, the items in Baro's shop, event items like the current Dog Days, all of those things you could wait a couple months, or years down the line and it'll come back, eventually. That's what I like about Warframe, and what I've always liked about Warframe. I don't need to worry if I didn't get it now, because down the line I'll probably be able to get it at some point.

I've spent a fair amount of money on this game. I've bought Prime Access, I've bought Prime Accessories, and I've bought plat and supporter packs and Tennogen items. But I don't regret a single purchase I've made purely because I was happy to support a game company that respected its player-base in regards to how it handed its real-money store. 

But this time with the Heirloom pack? 

It flies in the face of everything I feel that DE has stood for. It's time-limited when it's no prime access, it's not anything near equivalent of a Founder's pack (a donation to help a company keep afloat vs what feels like a blatant cash grab for one that is comfortably sailing along), it's overpriced because it's bundled with other items that many players don't want, and there's no option to buy things separately. And also released on the 10th anniversary, which should be a celebration? 

It just does not feel like a pack that DE would make. I was willing to shell out money to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and I even bought the newest Prime Access before Tennocon. But to put out this kind of pack that just does not feel like something DE would do?

As someone who has loved Warframe for 10 years now, I genuinely do not want to see my favorite game company and game go down the same path as that of certain other game companies. 

Please, DE, remember who you are—and remember what made you stand out from the crowd. 

• Like 8