The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

people still trying to keep this "outrage" alive? 

I do wonder if it was financially successful for De though? Will they share that info with the community? or will it feel like gloating on their part?

Im all for them making more money. They deserve it and show no signs of abusing the community. 

I'm more curious about the Founder's Program being brought up about FOMO now.

Is it the resurgence of people asking for the return of Keyface Prime? I haven't used this image in years.

Edited by Kaotyke

I'm very opposed to this even though I bought Zenith. I don't even like he fact that this bundle is going to be permanently retired either. This game needs less permanent turbo exclusives not more. Everyone should be allowed to enjoy ALL content that's within the game provided they've met the same or similar requirements. Like others have said this is basically recreating the Excalibur/ Lato/ Skana Prime situation all over again. Unless DE gives owners of permanent exclusives the ability to trade them at a minimum then this approach should never be used again, ever.

Edited by Sierra
typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The amount of MR is microscopic.

I used to think founder gear mastery rank affinity was "microscopic" too, until I came across many people who literally want blood over it.

wIpyxZn.pngAE18u8E.png

DE will dig yet another grave if they make this another exclusive mastery thing. 10 years later and these people still want to sacrifice your first born. So I have to agree with most other posters that this would be a catastrophically terrible idea.

• Like 5

That literally only makes things worse for everyone. You're now not only dealing with an exclusive variant and possible ""lost"" mastery but now everyone who buys it needs to re-upgrade their frames again.

On 2023-09-26 at 2:59 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

people still trying to keep this "outrage" alive? 

I do wonder if it was financially successful for De though? Will they share that info with the community? or will it feel like gloating on their part?

Im all for them making more money. They deserve it and show no signs of abusing the community. 

It seems a safe bet that it was. The $90USD pack on Steam is sitting at 178 reviews and while it doesn't say what regions they were purchased in it's still only going to be a fraction of the total sales between all platforms, those who bought the smaller bundles, and those who left no review.

Also the who thing of users swearing off ever spending money on the game is a largely empty threat as most will go right back to doing it when the next opportunity to do so arises.

So there's really no way the whole thing wasn't a financial success. Though I wouldn't bet on them sharing any details on it as it'd just be viewed as poor taste and they've never done anything of the sort in the past.

• Like 5

We don't need more time limited exclusive items, founders gear is more than enough and, as pointed plenty of times, it only proves what happens when these dumb "never coming back" promises are made.

We don't need a third variant of warframes either, in such scenario DE needs to give them some sort of gimmick that makes them appealing and sets them apart from their vanilla and prime counterparts, but this would make missing out on any of them even more of an annoyance since now there would be gameplay elements involved.

TLDR: no thanks.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Mastery rank goes up to LR3. Mastery rank points and affinity aren't the same thing either. Get the basics right.

Well, you at least know what I'm trying to say. 

43 minutes ago, trst said:

That literally only makes things worse for everyone. You're now not only dealing with an exclusive variant and possible ""lost"" mastery but now everyone who buys it needs to re-upgrade their frames again.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think the EA or Activi$ion employee revealed himself.

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

If it's non-zero, then one or a million are equally bad

9 hours ago, Dioxety said:

There is no way you posted this thinking this is a good idea.

The problem with the packs is it being padded with aya and plat to inflate the price. Making these skins into frames when we have primes won’t make them any more valuable.

Having Excalibur Prime be paid exclusive was acceptable only because it was to fund the game in its early stages. Doing something like that now would be awful, even more FOMO inducing, and possibly p2w.

Bruh. Inhale, so that oxygen makes it to the brain. To clarify. What I was trying to convey is a situation where we get prime-esk varients that come pre-leveled so that no MR progression would be accossiated with them. I also don't believe that MR30+ people who've played for a decade should be required to level things. I think you all more or less got the wrong idea from that. Also this isn't a drama post. I'm simply posing an idea to make the pack better. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

Add it to the list of stuff DE will never do, right beside "make a cheaper 4th bundle with just the skins" The community has made itself crystal clear they want cheaper options and DE has made themselves clear they aren't lowering the price, no matter how much platinum they add to the current bundles.

Simply put these will go down as the worst exclusive skins in warframe's history, all because DE wont make them affordable. $100 can buy you a lot things, food, clothes, games, 1 thing its not buying me is those skins.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

What I was trying to convey is a situation where we get prime-esk varients that come pre-leveled so that no MR progression would be accossiated with them

That does clarify things, but that that point they would just be skins. Exactly like they are right now

• Like 4

Ik this was just an idea, but that's a really bad idea. If you're gonna have them give MR for whatever reason, and they come pre leveled, then what exactly is the point of the MR? It's not gonna make it worth it, especially when it disappears in December. The Solution to the Heirloom situation is really simple, they just aren't gonna do it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Bruh. Inhale, so that oxygen makes it to the brain. To clarify. What I was trying to convey is a situation where we get prime-esk varients that come pre-leveled so that no MR progression would be accossiated with them. I also don't believe that MR30+ people who've played for a decade should be required to level things. I think you all more or less got the wrong idea from that. Also this isn't a drama post. I'm simply posing an idea to make the pack better. 

That still doesn't help anyone as you're just adding an extra layer of exclusivity behind it for nothing. Which is one of the major things players are complaining about as now they're not only time limited cosmetics and an accolade but also a time limited unique variant of a frame.

Also you managed to forget that Forma exists. Pre ranked or not all players would still need to relevel them. AND if you then want to suggest something like they're always rank 30 and never need to be releveled then that's just another exclusive aspect of the bundle.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, trst said:

That still doesn't help anyone as you're just adding an extra layer of exclusivity behind it for nothing. Which is one of the major things players are complaining about as now they're not only time limited cosmetics and an accolade but also a time limited unique variant of a frame.

Also you managed to forget that Forma exists. Pre ranked or not all players would still need to relevel them. AND if you then want to suggest something like they're always rank 30 and never need to be releveled then that's just another exclusive aspect of the bundle.

Some exclusives is cool imho, so long as they're sparse and not embaressing to own. Justifying this whale purchase I foolishly made out of tennocon hype definately makes it less embaressing lmao I'm not on one of those high-horses right now

I'll just drop my flattest nopes here.

Nope GIF Season 9 No GIF by The Office Im Not No Way GIF

And I do have the Heirloom pack, loving the skins, but am still against how DE proceeded with it. Not much to add on top of what others said, but I'll just reinforce that this would make the issue way, way worse. Not better.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I think that making the skins not be skins, but rather unique varients of the frames, would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs.

you just made the problem 100x worse by locking actual content - not just cosmetics, but actual frames that give mastery points - behind a paywall: and if these versions are better than Mag/Frost Prime, it'd also be pay 2 win by definition.

the optimal solution is far more simple: reduce the price to something more reasonable and do away with the limited time FOMO rubbish, putting it in line with every other cosmetic bundle in the game. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I'll put it simply. I think that making the skins not be skins, but rather unique varients of the frames, would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs. Mag Heirloom and Frost Heirloom. The pack essentially becomes a double-exclusive prime access, making the price-point an actual bargain. Consider it, guys. Let the skins still be skins for the normal versions, but add the varients that ought to be the same as a prime upgrade. Additionally, making the two frames come at MR30 may also be a good idea to prevent the paywalling of MR affinity. 

Nah. I think the world wide flare up would collapse DE. Dude, an optional cosmetic, that does not effect your performance in game at all, has already broken players to mush. Now we wanna add in performance changes, allowing a performance item to be purchased only? Hell no.

Personally, I'm good with the kit and even bought it. It's a special, 10 year anniversary kit that DE is allowed to celebrate with and I'm glad they are holding strong with it, complaints or not. Let the whole ordeal take its course and see how it goes on December 31st. 

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

To clarify. What I was trying to convey is a situation where we get prime-esk varients that come pre-leveled so that no MR progression would be accossiated with them. I also don't believe that MR30+ people who've played for a decade should be required to level things. I think you all more or less got the wrong idea from that. Also this isn't a drama post. I'm simply posing an idea to make the pack better. 

That doesnt change the fact that power effectively becomes exclusive to paying money. If you had suggested something like "get a free Frost Prime and Mag Prime" it would be fine. Excalibur Prime and the weapons tied to him are already a problematic choice made by DE.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If you had suggested something like "get a free Frost Prime and Mag Prime" it would be fine.

Isn't this the reason -stated by DE- to justify Regal Aya in the bundle? They even went ahead with a Frost and Mag Prime resurgence so people who buys the Heirloom collection can also buy the frames from Varzia while those who already got them can save it for later to get something else (while those who have supported the game consistently through the years and already have all primes and accessories get no value from it).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Isn't this the reason -stated by DE- to justify Regal Aya in the bundle? They even went ahead with a Frost and Mag Prime resurgence so people who buys the Heirloom collection can also buy the frames from Varzia while those who already got them can save it for later to get something else (while those who have supported the game consistently through the years and already have all primes and accessories get no value from it).

Yup. So it is all practically already in the pack.

On 2023-09-26 at 8:14 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I'll put it simply. I think that making the skins not be skins, but rather unique varients of the frames, would ultimately make the pack worth it and put it closer to the original founders packs. Mag Heirloom and Frost Heirloom. The pack essentially becomes a double-exclusive prime access, making the price-point an actual bargain. Consider it, guys. Let the skins still be skins for the normal versions, but add the varients that ought to be the same as a prime upgrade. Additionally, making the two frames come at MR30 may also be a good idea to prevent the paywalling of MR affinity. 

Who let bro cook ?

• Like 1