Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

regarding getting auto melee-ing

nghoomoine4

3 hours ago, nghoomoine4 said:

hey DE. i understand for cross platform players there's no way to auto melee but only for pc players cos they just use 3rd party auto clicker. its a work around but its not that great to have. but then shouldnt this option be available during melee 2.0 update?

you can absolutely set up "auto melee" using a macro on consoles, you just need a controller that has a turbo function which have existed since the dawn of video games.

18 minutes ago, quxier said:

I don't mind or even welcome auto melee but it shouldn't be called (one of) "the best practices accessibility option". If one of the few challenges of melee combat is how fast you can click (or use macro) then melee combat is in bad state.

There should be more options that works differently but have same killing potential. I'm using range instead of speed and I feel like I'm loosing some damage. That shouldn't be the case.

It's a "Best Practice" of "If you are gunna have something in your game, where repeated button presses are going to be not only necessary, but fairly decently required, the game developers should go forth and try to minimize said interaction by automating the process for the player".

It's not a "This is good/bad/indifferent for the game" when I say "best". It's a "Do this so the most folks can play something without also injuring your players or making players who are impaired able to continue to play your game".

As for melee combat being in a bad state because of the changes... I could say the same when it comes to a lack of auto-trigger for high RoF single-shot weapons in the game too. DE tries to fix things, and not always quickly. That's why I created my Feedback thread about this issue over a year ago. Semi-Auto weapons are in a bad spot in the current meta, even if they did give players an auto trigger. Same with melee is currently. I'll deal with bad but not-ruining my keyboard/finger/tendons/mouse over having to spam a button repeatedly for the same results, because right now, I have a ton of semi-auto revolvers and pistols I don't use because using them currently is both painful both with meta and physically.

41 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

And what is your developer apology for AoE spam being re-installed

You mean Incarnon Genesis? I'd say many of them don't approach the simple and easily automated spam that was possible in the heyday of Zarr / Bramma / Ogris.  But I think DE still made terrible  missteps with several of the Incarnon weapons.  And also that they overnerfed and mistargeted some of the old AoE. 

Sorry not to fit smoothly into the DE  Apologist category you've created.   Though no doubt  you'll try to cram me in there anyway.  I'm not looking forward to it...usually when people put these bins in their brains they're built from something that smells like  moldy peanuts and burnt toast.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

wouldn't binding melee to scroll wheel do the same thing as auto melee?

Right now scroll is the best option we've got without using an outside source, but an auto melee toggle is better.  Not everybody has a scroll wheel, those who do might rather use it for other things, and rolling the wheel constantly is still more awkward than holding a button down.

2 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

You are still being developer apologist disengenuous by misrepresenting "your" point of view. And I use quotation marks because I don't believe you believe what you are saying.

Reality is you are onboard with what went down, in your narrative, and the narrative of why it was done and will apologize for it - not to protect the integrity of the quality of the gameplay mind, but to work up an imagnary friendship with the developers.

27 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sorry not to fit smoothly into the DE  Apologist category you've created.   Though no doubt  you'll try to cram me in there anyway.  I'm not looking forward to it...usually when people put these bins in their brains they're built from something that smells like  moldy peanuts and burnt toast.

james horner spiderman GIF

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Either that or you are trying to weazel out of the debate, it's definitely one of those two.

Of course, far be it from any developer apologist to ever act in bad faith and be fake, that would be completely out of character.

Hahahaha. They’re adding auto-melee??

Jesus. Players are going to be pointing at what I assume is some sort of option in the options menu and saying things like “This is how DE wants us to play, if you’re not using it, you’re doing something wrong”. This is going to be great. It’ll be tiring to hear about the “Proper way to play”, but it’ll be great to see the implosion anyways

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Well for me I play Warframe on controller so my fingers aren't obliterated by pressing RT as opposed to clicking a mouse for hours (nothing against mouse and keyboard, I typically prefer m+k over controller in most games anyways).

Also wouldn't binding melee to scroll wheel do the same thing as auto melee?

If you go between multiple combos and stuff, hitting the trigger becomes very satisfying. Even on PC games I prefer clicking to melee as opposed to holding it down (not that I can think of any where people DO hold it down).

I play using a controller as well because prolonged use of a keyboard and mouse causes me a lot of pain. But even still, using controllers causes my hands to get really stiff and sore. Especially if I'm bashing buttons repeatedly for a long time. 

This auto melee thing is definitely going to be less effective than manual control but it will be very nice for those of us who struggle with hand pain.

6 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Either that or you are trying to weazel out of the debate, it's definitely one of those two.

It's both.  Clearly I predicted your response.  And a so-called "debate" with someone who insists they know better what my opinions are than I do would be a pitiful farce I'm not going to pursue.

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

DE announced at Tennocon that they're adding auto-melee (finally). They (finally) tried it themselves and realized how huge of a QoL improvement it is. I don't think they provided a timeline but it's Soon™.

I think it's more because of Warframe Mobile, as well as how important auto-play features are to eastern players. I recently watched a Youtube video that opened my eyes to how many auto-play features get removed when an eastern game gets a western release. This kinda makes sense if you're aware of certain farms in Warframe, as well as the added cap in the Steel Essence shop.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sounds like it will be an option, but which debacle do you mean?  The only one I know about is where tapping melee too quickly made the game register a heavy attack and burn up all combo.  Since that function was removed entirely, I don't see how auto melee will bring something like that back.

The only thing I'm a little wry about is that auto melee probably kills whatever infinitesimal chance there was DE would try to  make hold-heavy work again.  But the actual benefits of auto melee outweigh that very unlikely possibility afaic.

I'm not optimistic.  But I hope they're looking seriously at it and just didn't want to commit to something they hadn't fully worked out yet.

Auto-trigger would make up for a lot of red entries in the ledger I have, the title of which is "How player friendly is DE anyway?"

Glaive still exist. But then I think DE is going to do the tap to do glaive throw, hold to do heavy attack for glaive. It's just how the game register with melee attack speed. I don't mash E when I melee. I add in slide atttack, forward plus block combo at specific times. Option for auto melee is going to be alway OFF for me.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I think it's more because of Warframe Mobile, as well as how important auto-play features are to eastern players. I recently watched a Youtube video that opened my eyes to how many auto-play features get removed when an eastern game gets a western release. This kinda makes sense if you're aware of certain farms in Warframe, as well as the added cap in the Steel Essence shop.

That’s what I’m thinking as well. To be fair, if I’m going to be periodically playing on mobile I’m going to be using some of my lowest-risk builds for a mission while doing so, and part of that is building for massive melee overkill which allows for swinging wildly with no concern for personal safety because I’ll either be invincible or everything will be dead or both, and that will be made a bit easier through an auto melee attack.

Though it does raise an eyebrow regarding DE’s stance on automated gameplay. Though I guess with this new team seeming to come off as a little more lenient with the leash to give its players what they seem to want, I won’t be entirely surprised if there was eventually just a whole-ass auto-play option, since it’s something players have been searching for for as long as I’ve been playing

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Did you mean to quote somebody else?  Otherwise I don't know what I said that got you mad.  Unless you're Surbusken's mom / partner / alt, lol.

/posted from outside, by the way.  Good advice, mate!

nope totally, just didn't also quote the other guy, i miss looking at stars, i in a city 

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

woah now, let us be clear here, a turbo mode (a.k.a repeated clicks while holding a button) is far from auto-play. We've been on these forums a long time you and me so I think you might be aware of my health issues, but I've had to use macros for semi-autos and yes melee (even in the long long ago era of the charge attack meta) for a decade now or I wouldn't be able to use my hands. 

I highly doubt Pablo, the guy who has championed active play behaviours for years now is going to stuff a fully automatic set-it-and-forget-it melee mode. We're probably just looking at something a lot closer to turbo.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

woah now, let us be clear here, a turbo mode (a.k.a repeated clicks while holding a button) is far from auto-play. We've been on these forums a long time you and me so I think you might be aware of my health issues, but I've had to use macros for semi-autos and yes melee (even in the long long ago era of the charge attack meta) for a decade now or I wouldn't be able to use my hands. 

I highly doubt Pablo, the guy who has championed active play behaviours for years now is going to stuff a fully automatic set-it-and-forget-it melee mode. We're probably just looking at something a lot closer to turbo.

I only draw the conclusions I draw because they've still done absolutely nothing about the toxic abuse of Specters for years and several out of bounds farms. 

Accessibility options are great, but it may end up just like Forza Horizon 5's Goliath AFK farm is all I was going with it. 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Melee is already simple enough. Why would they make it into brain dead afk? Forget Wukong, we'll have Vauban with kronen.

There are only positives from this implementation.
It will remove the need for PC users to resort to 3rd party programs or macros that had potential of getting people banned.

24 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I only draw the conclusions I draw because they've still done absolutely nothing about the toxic abuse of Specters for years and several out of bounds farms. 

Accessibility options are great, but it may end up just like Forza Horizon 5's Goliath AFK farm is all I was going with it.

No. This is not a conclusion drawn from anything at all.

This feature will do more good than any of the bad you are attempting to solicit with your statements. AFK farming isn't a new problem on the rise.
People could already "auto-melee" before the update with the use of 3rd party programs to turbo it. Auto-melee does not account for all AFK farming either.

2 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

There are only positives from this implementation.
It will remove the need for PC users to resort to 3rd party programs or macros that had potential of getting people banned.

Just so you know, you can get banned for using mechanics supported by the game that enable this gameplay.

2 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

No. This is not a conclusion drawn from anything at all.

This feature will do more good than any of the bad you are attempting to solicit with your statements. AFK farming isn't a new problem on the rise.
People could already "auto-melee" before the update with the use of 3rd party programs to turbo it. Auto-melee does not account for all AFK farming either.

Accessibility is certainly good for the game. I'm not here to dispute that. I am just bringing up a valid concern that may further player encouragement to let the game play itself. We both still lack details on how this is implemented as well.

AFK farming isn't new, no, but DE has left some mechanics in a state where it's absurdly abused, to the point where everyone now suffers capped Steel Essence purchases because of this issue that DE don't have conversations about. Just queue up Steel Path Elara Jupiter on public in the Asia server region and you'll see exactly what I mean.

17 hours ago, Surbusken said:

First criteria for nerfing wukong was "automation", if you remember the 3 criteria never heard of before or since, lol.

Now we got both AoE spam and 'automation' back.

We told you last year, China + mobile, the game is getting automated anyway.

Don't forget it went so far as to also ruin our specters, when you were busy defending it, so they neither have working weapons or abilities at this point.

And it only cost the biggest s-show in warframe history but hey time well spent!!1 WELL worth it.

The word doesnt mean what you think it means.

Wukong = Klone, automated A.I that does things on its own after getting summoned.

Auto-melee = They switch E, E, E, E, E and ^ + E, E, E, E, E to E-hold and ^ + E-hold. You still very much need to interact with it the same amount of time as you currently do. It just helps younger people to not break their hands/wrists and older people to be able to play melee with their already broken hands and wrists. It also prolongs the lifetime of your KB/M/Controler since you no longer need to mash a single button over and over.

As to AoE spam getting re-installed. It never went away and if you want Incarnon for AoE it still doesnt equal pure AoE since you do need to build up the charges which takes a longer time than reloading in most content, then the biggest AoE options within the system have very limited charges. The best options are still the hybrids that sacrifice pure AoE to also be deadly for single target, like Torid, Burston, Furis and Angstrum, or pure single target options like Dual Toxocyst. Then you have things like Strun that does great damage with AoE, but is a pita to build charges on, like every other shotgun, so you are really better of just picking up a Zarr, Probo Cernos or Sporelacer secondary in that case.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Auto-melee = They switch E, E, E, E, E and ^ + E, E, E, E, E to E-hold and ^ + E-hold. You still very much need to interact with it the same amount of time as you currently do. It just helps younger people to not break their hands/wrists and older people to be able to play melee with their already broken hands and wrists. It also prolongs the lifetime of your KB/M/Controler since you no longer need to mash a single button over and over.

Or I could literally put a wooden block on a random key in the corner...

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Melee is already simple enough. Why would they make it into brain dead afk? Forget Wukong, we'll have Vauban with kronen.

changing carpal tunnel E spam to auto melee is not encouraging afk 

ffs yall throw this word around whenever there's even the slightest bit of automation lmfao

vor 21 Stunden schrieb nghoomoine4:

hey DE. i understand for cross platform players there's no way to auto melee but only for pc players cos they just use 3rd party auto clicker. its a work around but its not that great to have. but then shouldnt this option be available during melee 2.0 update?

hardly believe that they read the forum and that it interests them at all.

but... between us players:
I would add an option:
normal mele as now / hold button for mele spam / button for turn on/off mele spam.

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

Got a link? Sounds interesting.

Though I really don't care if this is "just for Warframe Mobile" because it's still a feature I think should be widely supported for everyone. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, or whatever. I've been using an auto-melee and auto-1 macro for years on PC and it really does make the game better to play, both from a game feel perspective and from a doesn't-give-me-carpal-tunnel perspective.

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Or I could literally put a wooden block on a random key in the corner...

You do realise that macros are a thing, right? Auto-melee is literally just implementing something that people can already do via external programs into the game.

If it's not breaking the game now, it won't when it's made official.

Archived