Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question to the community: what was your primary reason for getting MR30+?

SDGDen

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Admittedly I’m not MR 30+ (22at the moment) but it’s similar for me that it’s just going to sort of happen.

Spending time using weapons and leveling them to use them even more, playing around, trying different builds and loadouts for different content and playstyle; I’ll hit 30 and be like “Huh, neat”, since there was the barest amount of chasing in the first place

Yea a simple Stradavar pushed me to the top lol. I just never bothered to check.

• Like 1

In terms of mastery points, it just happened.  Ranking stuff that's new to me to 30 is just something I do without thinking about it, although I'm never in any particular rush.  (I nearly always rank stuff by using it rather than trying to do so passively.)

In terms of the rank itself, I preferred displaying 28,  and might never have made the jump to 29 and 30 if it weren't for the extra riven slots.  Mostly those, a bit the extra loadout slots and other perks, and a bit of the satisfaction of beating the MR test "for real".

• Like 1

I'm a completionist at heart, so I wanted to. Things like full mod capacity at rank 1 and blessings were just a perk. 

Also it's fun to try out new weapons and see if I enjoy their playstyle rather than just relying on the "meta" all the while. (Can't remember the last time I used the Kuva Bramma and Zarr.)

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Riven slots, loadouts, and blessings. There isn't any tangible reason to go above MR 30 as the rewards don't seem worth it for me.

The legendary cores are always nice if you have the odd primed mod or something to max, but ye you’re right all in all nothing of much note.

The QoL like some have mentioned of not losing mod capacity when throwing forma at something is so crazy good, I can’t believe it’s not done for everyone. With my other account at MR8, it’s very painful and requires a trip to Hydron until my next forma in order to use the item properly. DE should just give that perk to everyone.

• Like 1

My primary reason for wanting to get to MR30 was to be able to bless people.   I really appreciated the blessings I got, so I wanted to be able to do that for others... and now I take part in a daily blessing party which I find really enjoyable, even though I have no use for the blessings and normally log off straight after LOL

Secondary to that is the completionist thing of simply having done everything (which is why I also have all the kurias, partner fragments, pigments, songs etc.  Still missing a lot of codex and some capturas).  And the sense of achievement. 

The added QoL bonuses are super handy, but that wasn't even in my mind at all with the incentive to get to 30.

As ReddyDisco said, it's funny how it was such a big thing to get to MR30, but then L1-3 just happened easily after that.   I think I sort of naturally got to about MR20, but then did have to put effort into getting past there, with weapons and frames I got only for the mastery (including buying Ash when I already had the Prime :( )  The last few levels seemed the biggest push because by then I was up to only vaulted prime weapons and Baro's RNG, and I wanted to spend as little plat as possible.

Early it was mostly grinding MR because I needed it to even use weapons. Then I was just trying different weapons and builds over time and it sort of happened that I went to the high 20s that way without concerning myself with MR. Then MR30 became available and I realized I only needed small push to level some stuff I had ignored before to make it there.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-07 at 1:35 AM, SDGDen said:

my personal answer is "to offer shield blessings in the relay", yes, i dislike shield-gating *that* much, seeing people put the game down for 3 hours because they can't shield-gate as efficiently anymore is incredibly funny to me. 

This is some petty bs right here. 

I couldn't imagine going out of my way wasting hundreds of hours of my life with the sole purpose of potentially inconveniencing strangers for a few hours. 

As for my motivation for reaching MR30, I just like beating tf out of every game I play. In WF that means capping MR I guess. Idk I kind of like excelling in everything I do. If I decide to spend anytime doing anything it's an all or nothing situation and I'm going to do the best job I can. 

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 4

On 2023-10-07 at 2:35 AM, SDGDen said:

my personal answer is "to offer shield blessings in the relay", yes, i dislike shield-gating *that* much, seeing people put the game down for 3 hours because they can't shield-gate as efficiently anymore is incredibly funny to me. 

I'm not surprised that there are some people who grief their fellow players for amusement, but it's rare to see someone openly volunteer that information about themselves.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-07 at 4:35 AM, SDGDen said:

getting to MR30 requires you to go out of your way to grind and level a lot of fodder, it's a big task so i was wondering, why did yall commit to that grind?

To be complete.
I grew up playing games like super metroid and donkey kong country that left me wanting to complete everything I play in terms of obtaining content in games.
I feel a need to have everything and when I finally scratch that itch it feels nice. Having everything lets me experiment more and enjoy the game more as well because of it.
I keep my mod codex complete as well, new mods give me something new to chase in the game which keeps me coming back.

Oh and MR 30 comes with a increase in riven capacity which was important to me since I like meme builds only rivens can help with like negative projectile speed ontop of extra reload speed and fire rate lol.
Fingers crossed for more riven capacity soon tm.

Edited by wizardeiges

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of low MR player"

Joking aside the bonus from MR 30 is good like others had explain. No rank restriction after forma in ESO, blessing, various increase capacity,etc.

Never force to progress after MR30 tho since it didn't gave any benefit but Legendary Core. I just slowly ended up at LR2 while lazily max rank new weapon or new warframe.

On 2023-10-07 at 2:35 AM, SDGDen said:

getting to MR30 requires you to go out of your way to grind and level a lot of fodder, it's a big task so i was wondering, why did yall commit to that grind?

The fact you mentioned fodder and grind says a lot about the differences in we view MR. For me, I wanted to find the best playstyles and combinations for each frame. Then, it became each frame loadout. 😂

Warframes modding system eliminates the whole fodder BS. Fodder is the most unnecessary and the most subjective talking point about this game and, thankfully, I've ignored it all enough to actually enjoy my 8 year journey of weapon deep dives. Stug aside, someone could get a big discussion started on how gun A rocks with frame loadout A and melee B. That's the beauty of the system: everything works when in the right hands and/or the right scenario.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I'm not surprised that there are some people who grief their fellow players for amusement, but it's rare to see someone openly volunteer that information about themselves.

except: is granting players more shields *really* griefing? or is it only griefing because they're intending to abuse a broken mechanic through the use of a gear item. 

all i'm doing is giving people 25% more shields, that's a helpful buff for anyone that plays the game the way it's intended. not really any form of griefing is it? 

6 hours ago, SDGDen said:

except: is granting players more shields *really* griefing?

Friend, you explicitly stated that you're going out of your way to make other people's days worse and that it gives you giggles.  It's too late to hide behind the paper-thin excuse that your method of griefing is theoretically supposed to be a benefit when you've already gone mask off.

If you had somehow fooled yourself into thinking you weren't griefing, it's never too late to change for the better.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Friend, you explicitly stated that you're going out of your way to make other people's days worse and that it gives you giggles.  It's too late to hide behind the paper-thin excuse that your method of griefing is theoretically supposed to be a benefit when you've already gone mask off.

I'd recommend taking a step back and asking yourself if that's really the kind of person you want to be: the kind who gets their jollies from the displeasure of others.  But I mean, hey, those people are playing a video game in a way that wasn't intended, so clearly they deserve it, right?  Classic griefer loophole right there: it's okay to grief as long as the people being affected are people I disagree with.

Don't be that person.  I believe you're better than this.

no i'm not, i'm better than people who feel like they can't play the game if they have a 25% bonus to their shields. 

most people can still play the game just fine with a 25% shield boost, in fact most people appreciate it. and honestly? i could not care less about the couple people that genuinely feel like they cannot play the game at any level without optimal abuse of shieldgating, at the point where you're *that* far gone, you do in fact need to touch some grass and obtain some skill. it's not hard to survive even in level 500+ steel path without needing to abuse shieldgating. there is no reason why a 25% shield boost should prevent you from playing and if it does, that's on you, not on me. 

it's only griefing if you are so brainless that you can only play the game with practical invulnerability. i sure hope you're not one of those 😄

• Like 1