Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Mix Vol. 4 Ending + Vol. 5 Is Now Live!

[DE]Sam

I still don't see anything related to turning Nora transmissions off when you complete an act.

I currently have her turned all the way down because the act completion transmissions are just annoying. I don't want to have to be able to see into the future to know to turn her voice back up from zero if she's part of a quest. She was silent during my first experience with New War because I had her turned off, which was super frustrating, so I would like a way to avoid that in the future.

Maybe if she's part of a quest and during regular Nightwave content, play her dialogue on the regular dialogue channel rather than her own. That would fix almost every problem I have with Nightwave.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

We all know it's Glassmaker's fault

Maybe it's a little rose tint; but I'd honestly prefer the glassmaker debacle over this. 

Sure glassmaker had its issues with the weekly missions being not great and it massively overstayed its welcome with the community,  but at least it had some dialogue, at last it tried to be entertaining.

Nightwave currently is just tedious to the point of highlighting its own low effort rewards and gameplay monotony. Sure the rewards have updated, but realistically it's just been like a year and a half of intermission.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Zedar451 said:

Absolutely not. Nightwave and the game at large are so much better having dropped the story element. We get more frequent NW reward rotations, and devs can spend more time on full updates instead of meaningless stories like Emissary and Glassmaker that *long* overstay their welcome.

I disagree, the endless intermissions are dull.  I'd rather have story nightwaves that stick around too long than a dull intermission that stays around way too long.  Plus the NW stories are way more interesting than the devs playing with the mechanics for a dull update.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KanariaFolf said:

Duviri challenges should be togglable. Not everyone likes/plays it, and even in the case of completionists, it's a content island. Obligatory when Void Dash?

The whole point of Nightwave challenges (and battle passes as a whole) is to create a habit out of tedious and out of the way tasks through a checklist to stay up to date with seasonal content to keep your attention.

They are already toggle-able in that you don't need to do 100% of challenges to get to Rank 30.

True completionist won't care whether content is in an island or not, they will still do them. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Sam said:

New Rewards!

With Nora’s Mix Vol. 5, completing Nightwave acts can net you these new rewards:

Noggle Statue - Ember Vermillion
A small wobbly statue of Ember Vermillion

Contrathermal Companion Glyph
A Glyph depicting two iconic companions. Two elements.

Harka Kubrow Armor
Turn your enemies’ icy stares into frozen fear when your Kubrow lunges at them in this armor.

Noggle Statue - Frost Harka
A small wobbly statue of Frost Harka

Catabolyst (Augment Mod)
Each kill increases Critical Chance and Critical damage by X% up to Y%. Reduce by Z% when fewer than X enemies are struck by the grenade explosion.

Voruna In Action Glyph
A Glyph depicting Voruna for your profile

Vermillion Kavat Armor
For the Kavat that turns up the heat on its quarry.

Sporothrix (Augment Mod)
Shots have +X Punch Through and barbs explode instantly. Barbs that strike enemies directly have +Ym radius and +Z% Status Chance. 

Stelflare Syandana
Advance into the heat of the battle.

Naimore Armor Bundle
Declare your cold fury and icy determination.

Included with these new rewards will be hand-picked returning rewards from previous Nightwave Series.

Also, your well-earned Nora’s Mix Vol. 5 Creds can be used to earn freshly added rewards, such as:

• Kullervo Usvah Helmet 
  • Dagath Ganceann Helmet 
  • Efficient Beams (Convectrix) 
  • Exposing Harpoon (Harpak) 
  • Bursting Mass (Mutalist Quanta)
  • Wild Frenzy (Grakata)
  • Nightwave Emblem
  • Nightwave Sigil
  • Nora Stencil
  • Wolf of Saturn Six Glyph - Bright
  • Wolf of Saturn Six Glyph - Dark
  • WOLF (Scrawl)
  • Saturn Six Scene
  • Emissary Emblem
  • Emissary Sigil
  • ANCIENT (Scrawl)

Nice to see the return of some old items. I was wondering if it would be possible to reward players with the Bastille color picker? It was only available once in 2013, and the Gamma color picker was reintroduced through Nightwave, hence why I ask. It's the only color picker to never make a return in any way.

BastilleColorPalette.png

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

Maybe it's a little rose tint; but I'd honestly prefer the glassmaker debacle over this. 

Sure glassmaker had its issues with the weekly missions being not great and it massively overstayed its welcome with the community,  but at least it had some dialogue, at last it tried to be entertaining.

I enjoyed Glassmaker as well, but it's undeniably Glassmaker's fault in one of two ways

Either the devs got so burnt out on episodic story content because it takes too long to develop with not enough time to patch it

Or the negative reception was so loud the bean counters told them to pack it in

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zedar451 said:

Okay, so don't do the acts you don't want to do. There is more than enough time to skip such acts and still get every reward.

That said, bit wild to call duviri a content island when you can get solid evergreen rewards from just a small amount of wyrm farming, but you do you.

I feel like "you do you" is starting to become like the Southern US's "Bless your heart."  Like it sounds accepting and welcoming, but under the covers, it means "F you, idiot."

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I enjoyed Glassmaker as well, but it's undeniably Glassmaker's fault in one of two ways

Either the devs got so burnt out on episodic story content because it takes too long to develop with not enough time to patch it

Or the negative reception was so loud the bean counters told them to pack it in

It wasn't glassmaker's fault, it was the entire illusion that they thought Nightwave wouldn't follow the same fate as Sorties. DE don't have the time or manpower for constantly upkeeping and maintaining old content. Nightwave should have always been automated from the get go and not even be seasonal. You should just get Creds for challenges and the shop rotates like any other automated vendor. Devoting resources to Nightwave is just wasted compared to the rest of the game that could use it.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, Skull_Crusher_Kratos said:

I'm holding tight for Whispers in the wall.

I love the Warframe lore. Lore contributes significantly to why I enjoy this game. I wonder, who would really skip the lore XD. 

You guys rock btw. We love you!

I love the lore too, but The New War and everything after it feels like a downgrade.  The drifter was pretty meh, and Duviri was just a soulframe preview disguised as lazy warframe content.  Glassmaker was far more interesting.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It wasn't glassmaker's fault, it was the entire illusion that they thought Nightwave wouldn't follow the same fate as Sorties. DE don't have the time or manpower for constantly upkeeping and maintaining old content. Nightwave should have always been automated from the get go and not even be seasonal. You should just get Creds for challenges and the shop rotates like any other automated vendor. Devoting resources to Nightwave is just wasted compared to the rest of the game that could use it.

I absolutely hate these 'seasons' and have for years. The fact that the alternate helmets are locked behind the NW store - and ANY new frame added to the game within the season will NOT get theirs into the store until the next rollover - bothers me to no end. Kullervo has been out for months and we're only just going to get the ability to purchase his alt helm without plat at the end of November here.

It's a bad system that needs a proper, automatic, store rotation. You can make the argument about Prime Accessories being bought and therefore waiting years for unvaulting/resurgence is a thing, but the wait for alt helms available for NW credits is just plain bad.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Nice to see the return of some old items. I was wondering if it would be possible to reward players with the Bastille color picker? It was only available once in 2013, and the Gamma color picker was reintroduced through Nightwave, hence why I ask. It's the only color picker to never make a return in any way.

+1 to this.

Also I can't help but notice the two skins that have been selected to complete these... Deluxe bundles. Why the two made by IgnusDei? 🤔

• Like 2

Probably a useless comment but whatever ..

Please, please, please REMOVE the damned ones that FORCE you to play Komi or Shawzin. Or at least change it so that successfull completion is not needed, just start and abort. That should suffice for your statistics hunters. 

Why are you punishing people by forcing them to play that *censored*. You very well know how unpopular those are.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (PSN)OblivionCairn said:

Is Komi worth playing now? Never had fun with it.

Not even remotely, the AI is complete garbage. It's literally impossible to lose, if you know and use a specific order of moves in specific spots. There's zero strategy involved.

20 minutes ago, EienNoArashi said:

Why are you punishing people by forcing them to play that *censored*. You very well know how unpopular those are.

Because they're prideful, and there's a reason pride is one of the Sins.

• Like 3

Yay... Intermission part infinite.

You know, I've never played a story from nightwave. It would be 100x better to simply repeat old story content so people who haven't been playing for a decade could enjoy content that doesn't exist anymore? instead of literal NOTHING part 8....

Warframe preys on FOMO so much it honestly disheartens me from even wanting to play.

• Like 6