Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would throw money at a non-humanoid Warframe alarmingly quickly.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

"It's too much work" I don't care, and neither should you. Ya'll said the same thing about cross-save/cross-play, and almost every other feature before it was added. Literally almost every concept. 

"Warframes would only ever be humanoid in canon" Not totally untrue, but definately not a rule of thumb either. 

"Furries" If you like Warframes, you're already well within that realm. Sorry Wisp mains, you're a part of this. 

Would you rather pilot the corn cob Necramechs or play as an Evangelion cyber dragon? Seems like an obvious choice. 

• Like 7

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)Architect Prime:

"It's too much work" I don't care, and neither should you. Ya'll said the same thing about cross-save/cross-play, and almost every other feature before it was added. Literally almost every concept. 

"Warframes would only ever be humanoid in canon" Not totally untrue, but definately not a rule of thumb either. 

"Furries" If you like Warframes, you're already well within that realm. Sorry Wisp mains, you're a part of this. 

Would you rather pilot the corn cob Necramechs or play as an Evangelion cyber dragon? Seems like an obvious choice. 

That has nothing to do with “humanoid”. These are all just skins.
and that has nothing to do with our reality. not at all! Even childish logic can't put the pazzles together! There are such blatant and extremely illogical gaps... everywhere...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I would throw money at a non-humanoid Warframe alarmingly quickly

Not gonna happen. The reason Frames are controllable is they were made from humans and therefore are compatible with other humans neurologically connecting and interfacing with it.

Also, DE would have to introduce a whole story line showing Ballas playing Full Metal Alchemist in some hidden lab to explain how it was made and how it works, something The Sacrifice does for normal frames.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-13 at 9:47 PM, Venus-Venera said:

That has nothing to do with “humanoid”. These are all just skins.
and that has nothing to do with our reality. not at all! Even childish logic can't put the pazzles together! There are such blatant and extremely illogical gaps... everywhere...

Mind elaborating? 

On 2023-11-13 at 9:58 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not gonna happen. The reason Frames are controllable is they were made from humans and therefore are compatible with other humans neurologically connecting and interfacing with it.

Also, DE would have to introduce a whole story line showing Ballas playing Full Metal Alchemist in some hidden lab to explain how it was made and how it works, something The Sacrifice does for normal frames.

Have you ever seen the Horror Film "Tusk"?

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Have you ever seen the Horror Film "Tusk"?

No and i regret having googled it.

From what i can tell, on the movie the guy stitched him self up with parts from different beings instead of transforming into a Walrus through mutation, which is where Warframes stand.

• Like 2

hace 51 minutos, (XBOX)Architect Prime dijo:

Cope all you want, but throwing the word "logic" around won't bend it to your whims out of thin air.

If you even understood how helminths work in human bodies according to lore, you would not be making this post of ridiculous requests. Since you may be ignorant, I will tell you.

It is revealed during The Sacrifice by Executor Ballas that the Helminth was created by the Orokin to convert human subjects into Infested-hybrids, giving birth to Warframes. According to Ballas' Vitruvian, when a subject is exposed to a Helminth strain, it transforms their skin into sword-steel, as well as interlinking their internal organs with untold resilience, while at the same time preventing the same infestation from completely destroying their mind.

There are no bodies transformed into amorphous shapes at least not with helminth. In the case of using another strain of the technocyte virus, then you would simply be creating a random infested, not a warframe.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not really.
The infested chargers were grineer soldiers. Humanoid to begin with.
Warframes are technocite infested humans. It's really not a stretch that one of them could've mutated into a quadruped. We literally have a precedent in game for this happening, frequently.

There's also Zanuka. Which was built from warframe parts. Setting a precedent that even if the human base of a warframe didn't mutate into a quadruped, it could be altered into one.

There's really nothing lorewise preventing this. And actually a lot of supporting lore. There's also already a lot of work done in terms of skeletal and animation work that could be repurposed for it from stuff like Companions, Zanuka, Hyenas, Hounds, ext.

The idea makes me think of blade wolf from Metal Gear Revengence, and I'd love that.

• Like 3

If it's a transformation Warframe that locks you to like an exalted weapon when you're transformed then that's likely to happen.

Good luck trying to convince them to make a default quadruped, for example, frame cause they're gonna have to animate stances, the way it uses weapons, running, bullet jumping, sliding, slide attacks, hacking, archwing, k-drive, railjack piloting, railjack forge, stealth kills, finishers, getting slammed by a lich, the way it would be animated in quests, emotes, petting, sitting in the helminth chair, throwing items like canisters or the bait in Deimos vaults, ground finishers... All of this work for a single frame

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
Noticed an error
  • Like 4

id rather have Voruna's 4 changed to quadruped (running and walking).

also, i badly want to see a warframe that has a exalted Necramech , we already have Razerwing (archwing) and merulina ( K-Drive). we could of had a Kaithe with Dagath, but sadly we did not. we also technically have a Exalted Warframe with Shadow (Sevagoth).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No and i regret having googled it.

From what i can tell, on the movie the guy stitched him self up with parts from different beings instead of transforming into a Walrus through mutation, which is where Warframes stand.

I would apply a similar idea to non-humanoid frames, where Ballas makes them as monsters mmade of human parts. Sticking to the body horror and lore functionality. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If it's a transformation Warframe that locks you to like an exalted weapon when you're transformed then that's likely to happen.

That's acceptable. 

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Not really.
The infested chargers were grineer soldiers. Humanoid to begin with.
Warframes are technocite infested humans. It's really not a stretch that one of them could've mutated into a quadruped. We literally have a precedent in game for this happening, frequently.

There's also Zanuka. Which was built from warframe parts. Setting a precedent that even if the human base of a warframe didn't mutate into a quadruped, it could be altered into one.

There's really nothing lorewise preventing this. And actually a lot of supporting lore. There's also already a lot of work done in terms of skeletal and animation work that could be repurposed for it from stuff like Companions, Zanuka, Hyenas, Hounds, ext.

The idea makes me think of blade wolf from Metal Gear Revengence, and I'd love that.

Like I mentioned in the OP. People in these forums will say it's impossible until it happens. And over the past decades, I've learned that it usually happens. Eventually. 

45 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

also, i badly want to see a warframe that has a exalted Necramech , we already have Razerwing (archwing) and merulina ( K-Drive). we could of had a Kaithe with Dagath, but sadly we did not. we also technically have a Exalted Warframe with Shadow (Sevagoth).

That's all but 100% going to happen in the coming years. 

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

If you even understood how helminths work in human bodies according to lore, you would not be making this post of ridiculous requests. Since you may be ignorant, I will tell you.

Refer to my first two responses in this post, as well as the third quotation. With more imagination than the rock which houses Patrick Star, it is easy to make this work. 

I also wouldn't mnd simply having more things to operate via transferance that are comparable to Warframes, but still fresh. 

Also, once they get the skeleton and animations working + under the hood stuff, it'll be a great framework for future things. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Number 1: from what I've seen most furries are bipedal (except when they go briefly into all fours like Voruna), and number 2:  Wisp players are mostly weebs like Yareli players, not furries. 

-sincerely, a Wisp playing weeb who has observed multiple furries in vrchat.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Number 1: from what I've seen most furries are bipedal (except when they go briefly into all fours like Voruna)

That's pretty much what I was going to comment.  Furries have nothing to do with this as you're correct.  They are predominantly bipedial.  Bit of a toss up if they're plantigrade or digitigrade, but still bipedal.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Your terminology is wrong if you think the furries aren't satisfied with Voruna. What you're looking for is "non-bipedal"

• Like 2

It's "too much work" for that one frame. They'd need entirely new rigging and animations for nearly every animation that every other frame can currently perform. The same issue currently exists for Yareli where DE won't let her use Helminth abilities on Merulina because she'd need custom animations for them; again too much work for one frame.

That said it is likely to happen eventually via an ability since it's then just a set of animations exclusive to that one frame and what they're allowed to do in that form. Though such a frame would see the same complaints that Yareli currently does.

On 2023-11-14 at 2:02 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Your terminology is wrong if you think the furries aren't satisfied with Voruna. What you're looking for is "non-bipedal"

Your inpretation is wrong if you think I was saying that furries aren't satisfied with humanoid Warframes. All I meant was that if you're into frames, then you're already in that general sphere of non-human and barely-human things. 

On 2023-11-14 at 1:34 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

-sincerely, a Wisp playing weeb who has observed multiple furries in vrchat.

VR chat is only used by furriesCome At Me Bring It GIF by Xbox

And someday they will make Bird pets/companions too, even though they said they wouldn't. They're gonna port that birb from the nature game, it's only a matter of time. 

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You literally controlled robotic dragons in TWW and also Duviri tho

• Like 2

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

DE are notorious for not wanting to put in any major work unless they believe it's worth it.

Transference has worked on all sorts of things, even a tree (Silver Grove Quest), but there are a lot more benefits to the humanoid form than any other:

- they can wield regular weapons, as opposed to having mounted weapon system that would be more complex.

- they can go anywhere that a regular human can, so doorways and such aren't an issue, unlike with say, Necramechs.

- they are a lot more approachable, and for the Orokin, this would be important since many Tenno would act as bodyguards for the Orokin, and the very high and mighty golden lords wouldn't want something ugly following them around. I imagine other Orokin didn't think to highly of prototype warframes until Ballas decided to put gold bits on them and suddenly they're ok. 

putting in-universe reasons aside, I also think a lot more actual players would prefer a humanoid form as it's a bit more relatable. coming back to my first point, it's also a lot easier for DE to work with. but in terms of the lore, it's actually in your favor somewhat; unfortunately for you though, that alone isn't a sufficient case for a non-humanoid frame. 

Furries" If you like Warframes, you're already well within that realm. Sorry Wisp mains, you're a part of this. 

throwing around labels like that isn't gonna help your case. plus, not everybody mains Voruna, Valkyr or any other frame with animalistic features.

an obvious choice until it turns out that putting said cyber dragon in warframe would be a large undertaking for DE, at which point it would be thrown on Mount Backburner, which I think is now the tallest mountain in Canada at this point...

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

someday they will make Bird pets/companions too, even though they said they wouldn't. They're gonna port that birb from the nature game, it's only a matter of time. 

to be fair, I do want this, but only after we get the second part of the companion rework; after that, I'd love a pet Condroc companion that swoops down on enemies, ideally dealing a ton of slash damage, maybe also having a utility benefit of flying ahead and marking resources, mining spots on open maps, etc. plus it would be customizable, so the effort DE puts into making them can be paid for with Bird cosmetics sold for plat.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

VRChat_2023-11-04_20-04-42.363_1080x1920

Eh, that's not very furry

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

That's acceptable

That's really the only way I see it happening, don't get me wrong I would really like a special frame that isn't humanoid but the amount of effort they're gonna have to put into it isn't something that's going to be worth for them.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Wont happen since the Helminth stops that. Non-humanoid "weapons" are things like Lephantis and potentially other pre-helminth experiments.

As to which i'd prefer piloting, the Necramech any day of the week. A pancy cyber dragon does not come close to a Dreadnaught or a Killa Kan, nor does it look like a tiny version of an Imperator (minus the cathedral spires). Not gonna please any Emperor, have enough Dakka for a proper Waaaagh resulting in Bloodletting and Skulltaking, or catch a proper Disease to Change me as I try to reach peak Pleasure by piloting a robotic chicken.